Conquer Club

[Medal] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Raise Clan Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 am

Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.

It would be. Unfortunately for mapmakers, it would still be harder for them to gain medals. But that's no change from the current system. It would still be the most prestigious of the achievement medals.

... and lol @ betiko ;)

Give the mapmakers some more foundry related updates and I think (know) they won't care about the medals ;).

greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.

it is not possible to fit the roman numerals in the graphic to show 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

so how about the graphic is unchanged until 35, then again to 40, 45, 50

IF 38 (vv) won't fit....
XXXVIII

then 45 (vv) will be a very tight squeeze....
XXXXV

It's only 38 that is larger than 45, all the others you metion will fit if 45 fits. Maybe it's durable to make 38 look a little messy?

how will 45 not fit. it is xlv
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 pm

why are you so fascinated with roman numeral, just use arabic, and you can have 999 maximum medal. Plain and simple
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 pm

qwert wrote:why are you so fascinated with roman numeral, just use arabic, and you can have 999 maximum medal. Plain and simple

lol! not such a bad though! :lol: :lol:
Major betiko

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
The Voice wrote:I never knew there was such a limit. 30 seems rather arbitrary.

actually its linked to limitations on the graphic size... something to work on I think

Like, make the font for the X's smaller once you reach something? Seems not too difficult.

OR

Use Romans up to 30, then use like Arabics.. 31, 43, 57, 999 ... for anything above because you can get to 999 before you run out of stuff at which point you can use what is it, M in Roman again?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:

It would be. Unfortunately for mapmakers, it would still be harder for them to gain medals. But that's no change from the current system. It would still be the most prestigious of the achievement medals.

... and lol @ betiko ;)

Give the mapmakers some more foundry related updates and I think (know) they won't care about the medals ;).

greenoaks wrote:

it is not possible to fit the roman numerals in the graphic to show 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

IF 38 (vv) won't fit....
XXXVIII

then 45 (vv) will be a very tight squeeze....
XXXXV

It's only 38 that is larger than 45, all the others you metion will fit if 45 fits. Maybe it's durable to make 38 look a little messy?

how will 45 not fit. it is xlv

Hm, that's true. Never mind what I said then.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:49 pm

greenoaks wrote:

This.

or-

qwert wrote:why are you so fascinated with roman numeral, just use arabic, and you can have 999 maximum medal. Plain and simple

This. 10 points to qwet for pointing out the obvious :lol:
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am

stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

actually its linked to limitations on the graphic size... something to work on I think

Like, make the font for the X's smaller once you reach something? Seems not too difficult.

OR

Use Romans up to 30, then use like Arabics.. 31, 43, 57, 999 ... for anything above because you can get to 999 before you run out of stuff at which point you can use what is it, M in Roman again?

wait a moment! are you want to tell that real explanation why can not put more number in medals are "limitation on graphic size"

Usual im calm but i will say.
WHAT MORONS WORK IN IDEA SECTION OF CC! only what need to do its to change Romans with Arabic numerals and problem are solve. How many years need to pass so that someone in CC site office get :idea: in hes head and to say " how about Arabic numerals? "

Unbelievable, and some people get money in CC to think??? Well i don't know who are real owner, but if people in these company can not get this simple idea,then these its waste of money.

The Revolution Begins
by El_Jefe Ā» Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 pm

revolution mine ass! unbelievable. for some simple ideas need 3-4-5-6-7 years to be implemented! TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT, i realy can not see what are change in CC, maybe lackattack change hes name in el_Jefe?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:38 am

qwert wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

OR

wait a moment! are you want to tell that real explanation why can not put more number in medals are "limitation on graphic size"

WHAT MORONS WORK IN IDEA SECTION OF CC! only what need to do its to change Romans with Arabic numerals and problem are solve. How many years need to pass so that someone in CC site office get :idea: in hes head and to say " how about Arabic numerals? "

Unbelievable, and some people get money in CC to think??? Well i don't know who are real owner, but if people in these company can not get this simple idea,then these its waste of money.

The Revolution Begins

revolution mine ass! unbelievable. for some simple ideas need 3-4-5-6-7 years to be implemented! TOTAL DISAPOINTMENT, i realy can not see what are change in CC, maybe lackattack change hes name in el_Jefe?

Arabic numerals would solve the problem no doubt! This might be silly but I just think roman numerals look better :P.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:40 am

qwert wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

OR

The Revolution Begins

Are you legitimately angry, or is this a normal qwert post?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Gillipig on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am

MoB Deadly wrote:
qwert wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

OR

The Revolution Begins

Are you legitimately angry, or is this a normal qwert post?

qwert is right though! If we really want to solve this problem, just insert arabic numerals instead of roman. I think we're all a bit too caught up in how it looks instead of functionality.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby agentcom on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 pm

SUBMITTED and Title of OP EDITED. This will not just be for clan medals if implemented.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby agentcom on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Gillipig wrote:qwert is right though! If we really want to solve this problem, just insert arabic numerals instead of roman. I think we're all a bit too caught up in how it looks instead of functionality.

Looks are important, but the other issue (and the bigger issue to my mind) is that we don't want to award 200 medals to someone for winning 200 tournaments. Right now the person with the most medals has 146. We put some restrictions on medals that makes them a little bit difficult to achieve. The escalating bronze, silver, gold is the way it's done for regular medals. The cap is the way it's been done for the achievement medals.

There has to be a balance between recognizing people for their achievements and limiting that recognition to true achievements.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm

agentcom wrote:
Gillipig wrote:qwert is right though! If we really want to solve this problem, just insert arabic numerals instead of roman. I think we're all a bit too caught up in how it looks instead of functionality.

Looks are important, but the other issue (and the bigger issue to my mind) is that we don't want to award 200 medals to someone for winning 200 tournaments. Right now the person with the most medals has 146. We put some restrictions on medals that makes them a little bit difficult to achieve. The escalating bronze, silver, gold is the way it's done for regular medals. The cap is the way it's been done for the achievement medals.

There has to be a balance between recognizing people for their achievements and limiting that recognition to true achievements.

Few question are arise
1.Are these usefull
2.Are these possible to implement?
3.What lvl of difficulty in implementation of these suggestion ?
4.How long these need to be implemented?

-------------------------------------------------------
Im here 6 years and i can not count how many times i heard from people who understand coding say " its easy to implement", and after that suggestion drop in oblivion, siting for infinitive time .
Now i hope that el jefe will not work like lackattack,and start avoiding suggestion forum.
Its important that we know--all these above, otherwise all these posting in suggestion forum, its pure waste of time.
When we come on these stage when these 4 question can answer El jefe, and start implement suggestion in appropriate time, then we can say that "Revolution Begun" have some practical meaning,and not to be some political phrase to sound great and nothing else.
And these its not only for these suggestion,these its for all sugestion who sit infinitive time here.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:10 pm

qwert wrote:Im here 6 years and i can not count how many times i heard from people who understand coding say " its easy to implement", and after that suggestion drop in oblivion, siting for infinitive time.

Ok, a couple of things...
  • If it's been 6 years, then suggestions haven't been sitting here for infinite time.
  • If there are only 50 topics in the submitted forum, you should be able to count.

In seriousness, I understand negativity surrounding this forum, but in this transition period, the new administration has had a lot of clerical work and has been taking time to understand the site before jumping into something that isn't fully understood. As you can see with the latest implemented suggestion, things are getting closer to being full force. Give it a little more time and see what happens. It's only been two months. If things aren't as promised in a few months, we can all grab a pitchfork and head to Indonesia together.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm

agentcom wrote:There has to be a balance between recognizing people for their achievements and limiting that recognition to true achievements.

very few people would be affected if the cap was raised and i am one of them.

with 32 tournament wins and over 200 tournaments hosted it would be great to be recognised for that. the thing is, i already am. the hall of fame for hosting & winning in the tournament tab give people like myself recognition without devaluing the efforts of other's achievements in the Clan world, the Foundry or success in competitions run by the Entertainment team.

merch313 is already known as our most prolific host, HighlanderAttack for his incredible tally of tourney wins. increasing the cap won't change that.

give Clans a tab at the top of the site to list all clans and number of wins, all players and number of medals awarded. put a search page in there too to find war threads. mimic the Tounament tab. do it for the Foundry as well showing mapmakers and their maps.

allow us to recognise our contributions and achievements within our sub communities and there'll be no need to raise the cap on medals.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm

greenoaks wrote:
agentcom wrote:There has to be a balance between recognizing people for their achievements and limiting that recognition to true achievements.

with 32 tournament wins and over 200 tournaments hosted it would be great to be recognised for that. the thing is, i already am. the hall of fame for hosting & winning in the tournament tab give people like myself recognition without devaluing the efforts of other's achievements in the Clan world, the Foundry or success in competitions run by the Entertainment team.

merch313 is already known as our most prolific host, HighlanderAttack for his incredible tally of tourney wins. increasing the cap won't change that.

give Clans a tab at the top of the site to list all clans and number of wins, all players and number of medals awarded. put a search page in there too to find war threads. mimic the Tounament tab. do it for the Foundry as well showing mapmakers and their maps.

allow us to recognise our contributions and achievements within our sub communities and there'll be no need to raise the cap on medals.

cam on greenoaks,, now you suggest 3-4 different implementation instead these one , and these mean more work.
chapcrap wrote:
qwert wrote:Im here 6 years and i can not count how many times i heard from people who understand coding say " its easy to implement", and after that suggestion drop in oblivion, siting for infinitive time.

Ok, a couple of things...
  • If it's been 6 years, then suggestions haven't been sitting here for infinite time.
  • If there are only 50 topics in the submitted forum, you should be able to count.

In seriousness, I understand negativity surrounding this forum, but in this transition period, the new administration has had a lot of clerical work and has been taking time to understand the site before jumping into something that isn't fully understood. As you can see with the latest implemented suggestion, things are getting closer to being full force. Give it a little more time and see what happens. It's only been two months. If things aren't as promised in a few months, we can all grab a pitchfork and head to Indonesia together.

I understand, but for start will be good that someone come to suggestions,and start reply "these will be implemented" " these not be implemented" .
How much time will El jefe, spend to answer, for start, then we can know what to expect.
And what period need for transition, so that new administration start work? 6 month-1 year-5 year?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:36 pm

qwert wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

cam on greenoaks,, now you suggest 3-4 different implementation instead these one , and these mean more work.

but it doesn't unbalance the medal tally list because tournaments (won & hosted) has a lot of players maxed out
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 am

agentcom wrote:

I don't think it's balanced the way it is now. If it were, a map contribution medal would be worth at least ten times a tournament medal!
No one looks at a rating medal and consider it as valuable as an assassin medal. I'm all for a fairer medals awarding system, but that doesn't need to clash with this suggestion. Give 1 medal per 10 hosted tournaments, 1 medal per 15 won tournaments etc
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby benga on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:21 am

We need clan tab for this not expanding number of medals that can be seen.
Sergeant benga

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 am

Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:

I don't think it's balanced the way it is now. If it were, a map contribution medal would be worth at least ten times a tournament medal!
No one looks at a rating medal and consider it as valuable as an assassin medal. I'm all for a fairer medals awarding system, but that doesn't need to clash with this suggestion. Give 1 medal per 10 hosted tournaments, 1 medal per 15 won tournaments etc

I couldn't disagree more with that proposal. Maps take longer to make, but that doesn't mean winning a tournament is easier than making a map. Anyone can make a map eventually. It would take me forever and be painful, but I could make a map. Anyone can, because it's not a competition to see who's map is better. Not anyone can win a tournament.

There have been 2074 tournament winners for 9761 medals total. That's an average of about 4.7 tournaments per winner. There have been 315 (I think) map medals given and 102 winners. That's an average of about 3.1 maps per winner. By those numbers, map medals are less prevalent, but also less specialized. Less than 20% of people who have played in a tournament have won a tournament.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 am

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:

I couldn't disagree more with that proposal. Maps take longer to make, but that doesn't mean winning a tournament is easier than making a map. Anyone can make a map eventually. It would take me forever and be painful, but I could make a map. Anyone can, because it's not a competition to see who's map is better. Not anyone can win a tournament.

There have been 2074 tournament winners for 9761 medals total. That's an average of about 4.7 tournaments per winner. There have been 315 (I think) map medals given and 102 winners. That's an average of about 3.1 maps per winner. By those numbers, map medals are less prevalent, but also less specialized. Less than 20% of people who have played in a tournament have won a tournament.

#-o you think creating a map that will be playable on this site (not landgrab) is something anyone could do? You think just anyone could do it if they sit long enough? Your naivety is amusing.
Unlike winning a small tournament which anyone with some dice luck can win, creating a map will test your dedication and skill in ways playing a luck based board game will never do. ANYONE can win a tournament, because ANYONE can win a couple of games in a row, and that is often all it takes to win a tournament. Anyone can try to make a map, but very few can become good enough to prompt the site to use it as a playable map. You mentioned time, you don't think with time ANYONE can learn how to play RISK good enough to win a tournament? All you need is some advice from a veteran or a bunch of games on said map, I know that from experience.
Learning how to make a map is like painting, ANYONE can doodle down some ugly crap, but few can paint well enough to get their paintings into an art gallery.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:06 am

Gillipig wrote: #-o you think creating a map that will be playable on this site (not landgrab) is something anyone could do? You think just anyone could do it if they sit long enough? Your naivety is amusing.
Unlike winning a small tournament which anyone with some dice luck can win, creating a map will test your dedication and skill in ways playing a luck based board game will never do. ANYONE can win a tournament, because ANYONE can win a couple of games in a row, and that is often all it takes to win a tournament. Anyone can try to make a map, but very few can become good enough to prompt the site to use it as a playable map. You mentioned time, you don't think with time ANYONE can learn how to play RISK good enough to win a tournament? All you need is some advice from a veteran or a bunch of games on said map, I know that from experience.
Learning how to make a map is like painting, ANYONE can doodle down some ugly crap, but few can paint well enough to get their paintings into an art gallery.

Yes, I think that anyone can make a map here. It can take quite a while for some, but I'm been in the foundry and been a part of the process over there with a couple of maps. The foundry community is very helpful and patient. On this site, I believe that anyone can make a quality map.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 am

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:

you matematic are totaly wrong. Creating maps are not competition. Its much easier to join a tornament,then to start a map. And real recipient of map medal are much less, then what statistic tell you. Im alone get 7 medals for entire work on 7 map, only in WWII Europe i get medal for graphic,idea,gameplay,and gilligan get medal for XML. More medal are awarded for contribution in map foundry then for real development of maps, Cairnswk alone create over 20-30 maps.
Cairnswk-30 medals
Dim-10 medals
Qwert-8 medals
-------------------- For these 3 map maker i can be sure that they create everything(i dont count XML, because these its easier part of creating maps,and these can do everything ,and its most easy way to get map medal), so 48 maps are created 3 person.
From these day you have 225 maps, but real map makers are around 50,and all other are co-developers.
In some cases people get medal only for IDEA(ridiculous), and they dont work anything on map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:06 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote: #-o you think creating a map that will be playable on this site (not landgrab) is something anyone could do? You think just anyone could do it if they sit long enough? Your naivety is amusing.

Yes, I think that anyone can make a map here. It can take quite a while for some, but I'm been in the foundry and been a part of the process over there with a couple of maps. The foundry community is very helpful and patient. On this site, I believe that anyone can make a quality map.

I've worked on three maps, I know how much works lies ahead of you if you try to make a map, and let me tell you, it's a shitload of work! The mapmakers should be knighted for the time they put down on this site, not be compared with tournament organizers or even worse, tournament winners, who have done nothing special at all.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I've worked on three maps, I know how much works lies ahead of you if you try to make a map, and let me tell you, it's a shitload of work! The mapmakers should be knighted for the time they put down on this site, not be compared with tournament organizers or even worse, tournament winners, who have done nothing special at all.

I don't have anything nice to say to you about tournament organizing, since you have abandoned 8 tournaments and finished only 1. With a record like that, how easy can tournaments be to run?

@qwert: You can say the same thing about tournaments. It's really top-heavy for the winners. As I said, 9761 winners and 2470 of those wins are from the top 2.5% (50 people). So, I don't think that your argument holds water.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions