Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Nine

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:56 pm

I believe he was the one that got killed and IB was targeted, but we did not discuss "targets". I already posted (first one of the day from me) that I was not in a body, only my own. You are also correct that if we are in a target's body, and they are the one's targeted then we will die in their body. Whoever's body kanin was in is now in his body. He will remain voteless the rest of the game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm

new guy1 wrote:I believe he was the one that got killed and IB was targeted, but we did not discuss "targets". I already posted (first one of the day from me) that I was not in a body, only my own. You are also correct that if we are in a target's body, and they are the one's targeted then we will die in their body. Whoever's body kanin was in is now in his body. He will remain voteless the rest of the game.

Does this mean if Safariguys body is revived then Kanin will be revived instead or is he permantely dead?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Nendreel wrote:Revived spiesr. Hippo seems dangerous.
Will post more when sober.

I have a question concerning your role; when you were in your "test" stages, then you could revive TWO ppl at one time, however now you are only reviving 1 per night. Does this mean that both you and PCM are required to revive a person?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Nendreel on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 pm

rishaed wrote:
Nendreel wrote:Revived spiesr. Hippo seems dangerous.
Will post more when sober.

I have a question concerning your role; when you were in your "test" stages, then you could revive TWO ppl at one time, however now you are only reviving 1 per night. Does this mean that both you and PCM are required to revive a person?

No. When PCM and I fulfilled our WC our roles changed. I became a Reviver and PCM became a Doc.
If I die, PCM can still Doc. If PCM dies I can still revive.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi all, hope you New Year's went well! Thanks for waiting for me.

Not sure why you all did not read the night scene properly - but it was all there. I got the necronomicon. I have returned to earth. I am now human - only now I can also kill! You need not fear from Cthullu any longer or any other supernatural beings - that is other than the revived.

We have now entered into a proper mafia style game phase. We have town (humans) and mafia (revived) and third parties (aliens). The game here-on-in is simple. Town kill scum!

Everyone has been forced to say who they are due to the power of the (then) gods. There are no gods now. And now we know who everyone is!

So, simple. Today we kill the reviver (Nendreel). Tonight I kill the doc (PCM). Tomorrow we clean up the other threat (spiesr) and that's the game (assuming that we are not all end-gamed tonight when I kill PCM).

vote nendreel
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 pm

And what if nendreel flips town?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:09 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
show
There is so much wrong with this. First of all, do you not remember that I am not the only one to have been revived?
Can you provide any explanation about what I received about your alignment?
Captain spiesr

Postby Nendreel on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:10 pm

thehippo8 wrote: I am now human - only now I can also kill! You need not fear from Cthullu any longer or any other supernatural beings - that is other than the revived.

Why should we believe you are now human?

thehippo8 wrote:We have now entered into a proper mafia style game phase. We have town (humans) and mafia (revived) and third parties (aliens). The game here-on-in is simple. Town kill scum!

Hardly a simple phase considering we have Town, Survivors, Revivers, Yith, and you Hippo. Five factions isn't three.

thehippo8 wrote:So, simple. Today we kill the reviver (Nendreel). Tonight I kill the doc (PCM). Tomorrow we clean up the other threat (spiesr) and that's the game (assuming that we are not all end-gamed tonight when I kill PCM).

So, your plan is to kill two Docs and a Reviver and we're supposed to believe you are sided with town?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:13 pm

@ Nendreel & Spiesr - Without putting too fine a point on it, your over-defensiveness warms my heart. Die, scum, die! And no, there are not five factions. You expanded this myth in this post on day seven - knowing that Rodion had thought Nendreel and PCM were a separate faction. They are not - or at least not seaparate from those listed under "Joat humans"). The rest of it looks pretty much accurate save that Soundman is of course revived and is on the non-human faction.

I am town with a night power (this has been alluded to by others prior to me gaining this power on meeting my WC). The third party (yith) are survivors, correct, and I see no risk from them.

@ Doom - I cannot say whether / will say "revived town Joat is killed" or words to that effect but there should be a clear clue in the lynch scene along with every other such scene. On a practical level, if you don't trust me then by all means throw away my usefulness. Mind you, this has caused me to pause and think for a moment here. Soundman says he blocked me on night seven. I believe he was telling me the truth. On my theory he is also scum and he will obviously block me again unless he is lynched. Hmm, Nendreel is not wrong about this not being simple.

The only other concern I have is whether scum have a busdriver. If they do then my night kills could get swapped. Oh for goodness sake!! lol.

Okay, having had that meltdown, and realising that the only way town will win is to stop the revivers reviving more people (and killing them so they can revive them), and looking back and seeing that killing a revivor stops reviving for one night I believe my original plan to be best. That is, lynch nendreel (reviver) today.

The only question is whether I should attempt a kill tonight. Getting blocked does not worry me, that just makes me impotent. It's getting driven that I am really worried about. Any thoughts??
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am

You are Yogsothoth. The Necronomican was used as a gateway for your return to Earth. You are not a nice Diety. Humanity are bugs and insignificant in your eyes.

All of a sudden you are now a good guy...Town? What a load of crap.

I would vote you but I lost my vote as a result of my sleep action.

So Hippo of you are Town what color are you now?? If you are anything but blue you are not Town. As a prominent deity such as yourself I am sure you have your own unique color.

You sir are a liar!
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby soundman on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 am

I don't believe a word you have said, Hippo. Vote Hippo. My role, faction and win condition have not changed since the beginning of the game. I don't believe that Nendreel and PCM are scum. Also I believe Jonty can confirm my town win condition.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:26 am

@soundman ... you would say that soundman since I have pointed you out to be a revived scum. Jonty can't prove anything as you have been revived after your discussions with jonty.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:24 am

thehippo8 wrote:Hi all, hope you New Year's went well! Thanks for waiting for me.

Not sure why you all did not read the night scene properly - but it was all there. I got the necronomicon. I have returned to earth. I am now human - only now I can also kill! You need not fear from Cthullu any longer or any other supernatural beings - that is other than the revived.

We have now entered into a proper mafia style game phase. We have town (humans) and mafia (revived) and third parties (aliens). The game here-on-in is simple. Town kill scum!

Everyone has been forced to say who they are due to the power of the (then) gods. There are no gods now. And now we know who everyone is!

So, simple. Today we kill the reviver (Nendreel). Tonight I kill the doc (PCM). Tomorrow we clean up the other threat (spiesr) and that's the game (assuming that we are not all end-gamed tonight when I kill PCM).

vote nendreel

The night scene said NOTHING about you being human. It specifically states you took human form. There is a huge difference between being human and taking its form. Lynch all liars.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:32 am

show

QFT just throwing in my two cents here, but nendreel has been reviving TOWN (known from NK's) so what purpose is there in doing that if he was scum aligned. I am calling BS here and if my vote wasn't already on u I would vote u again after this last post.

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:Hi all, hope you New Year's went well! Thanks for waiting for me.

vote nendreel

The night scene said NOTHING about you being human. It specifically states you took human form. There is a huge difference between being human and taking its form. Lynch all liars.

In lovecraftian mythos I am human ... period. But I am no threat to you ... don't bite the hand that feeds you!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:02 am

thehippo8 wrote:@soundman ... you would say that soundman since I have pointed you out to be a revived scum. Jonty can't prove anything as you have been revived after your discussions with jonty.

Jonty got his (soundman's) alignment on N8, I doubt it has changed.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 am

What a joke.

Vote Hippo
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nendreel on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:59 am

thehippo8 wrote:@ Nendreel & Spiesr - Without putting too fine a point on it, your over-defensiveness warms my heart. Die, scum, die! And no, there are not five factions. You expanded this myth in this post on day seven - knowing that Rodion had thought Nendreel and PCM were a separate faction. They are not - or at least not seaparate from those listed under "Joat humans"). The rest of it looks pretty much accurate save that Soundman is of course revived and is on the non-human faction.

If pointing out the flaws in your case against me is over-defensive, then I guess you got me on that one. :lol:

I listed PCM and myself as Re-Animators in that post because that is what we are. I did not list us as JOATs because we aren't JOATs. I have said this since Day 2. That list is also a role list not a faction list. That's why soundman was listed seperately (since we knew his role) instead of lumped in with the rest of the town roles (which we did not know).

thehippo8 wrote:Okay, having had that meltdown, and realising that the only way town will win is to stop the revivers reviving more people (and killing them so they can revive them), and looking back and seeing that killing a revivor stops reviving for one night I believe my original plan to be best. That is, lynch nendreel (reviver) today.

The problems with your theory is that neither PCM or I have a kill ability. As I said several Days ago. We also have no contact with my re-animated experiments, hell for awhile we thought they wanted to kill us. Finally, at this point we wouldn't even need to kill to pad our numbers. There are currently 5 people I could revive right now, and I didn't even bother reviving one night.

Killing a reviver stopped reviving for one night? What are you talking about?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 pm

@ Nendreeol - we have had 8 nights. If you had revived every night your faction (as you call it) would be six. It is five. I suspect you know exactly what I mean. If you are lynched then you will be 4 and will not increase tonight. As to ability to kill, maybe you misunderstood me. I am able to kill but there is the Soundman (Jonty) roleblock ability and I believe that one of your number is also a busdriver. I didn't want to make a mistake in the night kill.

Anyways, I've already met my WC so town (humans) you need to make a decision here. Believe me or don't. Win or lose. Your choice!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Nendreel on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@ Nendreeol - we have had 8 nights. If you had revived every night your faction (as you call it) would be six. It is five. I suspect you know exactly what I mean. If you are lynched then you will be 4 and will not increase tonight. As to ability to kill, maybe you misunderstood me. I am able to kill but there is the Soundman (Jonty) roleblock ability and I believe that one of your number is also a busdriver. I didn't want to make a mistake in the night kill.

Anyways, I've already met my WC so town (humans) you need to make a decision here. Believe me or don't. Win or lose. Your choice!

I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. You seem to be suggesting that I'm a cult recruiter, but we already dealt with Jak (feel free to re-read Day 5 to see where I stood on that) and it would be a seriously broken game that had two cults as well as killing factions.

vote Hippo
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:30 pm

I still have a few questions before we reach night phase!

nendreel, pcm and hippo, you guys have already won anyways right, why do you care?

hippo, who did you take the book from? (not very important anymore, just curious if itwas indeed IB)

Also, I think we need to separate 2 things; the zombies and the revived. I think that rodion and doom are not the same thing as soundman and spiesr.

rishaed, did you kill safari?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm

betiko wrote:I still have a few questions before we reach night phase!

nendreel, pcm and hippo, you guys have already won anyways right, why do you care?

hippo, who did you take the book from? (not very important anymore, just curious if itwas indeed IB)

Also, I think we need to separate 2 things; the zombies and the revived. I think that rodion and doom are not the same thing as soundman and spiesr.

^ Why would I want to kill Safari after my WC changed back into a Survivor WC? It makes no point if anything i would Sleep or ask a Question so I had more information about the person. I don't carry grudges in this game after certain things are proven to be true. If anything Safari was a confirmed townie/Yoshi human, which last night proved to be true.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:26 pm

betiko wrote:I still have a few questions before we reach night phase!

Why would Hippo need a kill action if he has already won? Why not ask that instead?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby / on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

thehippo8: 6 votes: DoomYoshi, rishaed, spiesr, soundman, pancakemix, Nendreel
nendreel: 1 vote: thehippo8

that's a lynch, scene soon.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:34 pm

A small gang assembled to eliminate the man in yellow, they bore their riffles, their nerves either steeled or broken from the many trials of the past nine days.
They fire upon the man, their bullets do not even serve to pierce his robes, their guns spent, the group turns to scatter, tripping and trampling each other in fear of the otherworldly being.
Their fears were for naught, the mysterious being disappeared before their eyes, leaving only a strange glyph etched upon the ground in his place.

show

Night 9 begins, you have until Saturday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives