Conquer Club

[Medal] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:Wow, did not even realize this is not even in real suggestions anymore. Someone will start this topic again.

I am happy for DICKtator Metsfanmax he can flex his virtual muscles and move this to a suggestion not worthy of being on the front page.

HighlanderAttack, this suggestion is in the "Submitted Suggestions", which means it's been submitted to me and the programmer to actually be done! Besides that, we can be cordial to the Volunteer Team and I'm sure it will be reciprocated.

While I'm here, a minor update:

There's a process nailed down for each department, and I am now just waiting on the medal images to be made. Update coming soon(ish)!

BMO

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.
--I took this as like an archive then. My apologies. I am glad to hear it.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:...and I am now just waiting on the medal images to be made. Update coming soon(ish)!
BMO

rdsrds2120, will the update be arabic numerals (as i have shown) or are we sticking with the roman numerals?
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:15 pm

cairnswk wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:...and I am now just waiting on the medal images to be made. Update coming soon(ish)!
BMO

rdsrds2120, will the update be arabic numerals (as i have shown) or are we sticking with the roman numerals?

For technical feasibility reasons, we're currently looking at sticking with Roman numerals. Arabic numerals are not off the table, however.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 pm

cairnswk wrote:
BMO

Metsfanmax wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
BMO

For technical feasibility reasons, we're currently looking at sticking with Roman numerals. Arabic numerals are not off the table, however.

What Mets said! I have to see how they look first, and then decide, though I am hoping to stay with Roman Numerals where it's feasible and doesn't clutter up the medal image.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:35 pm

cairnswk wrote:...

Is there anything wrong with these?
Private cairnswk

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:36 pm

I think it should be uniform all around unless you can weigh importance-which is subjective. Just make them all bronze Silver and Gold and add Platinum for miles stones.

Or add the arabic numbers to the current system that totals accomplishments.

I also think map makers deserves more special recognition.

This would be my official stance on the whole thing :)

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

cairnswk wrote:

The only thing is some people think it skews the medal table too much, but they are virtual medals so what is the big deal. Unfortunately because I stand to gain the most from a change like that-some will say I am biased toward a change like that. Reality is I have always wanted it like this-even when I was just starting off in the tourney world.

Postby Gillipig on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:I think it should be uniform all around unless you can weigh importance-which is subjective. Just make them all bronze Silver and Gold and add Platinum for miles stones.

Or add the arabic numbers to the current system that totals accomplishments.

I also think map makers deserves more special recognition.

This would be my official stance on the whole thing :)

Bronze, silver, gold, platinum for all types of medals is probably the best solution. As it deals with the inevitable inflation of some types of medals. Different standards could be set for different types of medals.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:01 pm

cairnswk wrote:

Not necessarily! I am not opposed to using them for the sake of them, I would just prefer to have one system. If it proves to be unavoidable, I have on qualms with including Arabic numerals.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Swifte on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Until this is implemented, I will just have to stare at the cup I made for myself. Perhaps others will get joy from it as well :)

Colonel Swifte

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Swifte wrote:Until this is implemented, I will just have to stare at the cup I made for myself. Perhaps others will get joy from it as well :)

I am making one for myself tonight too

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:Wow, did not even realize this is not even in real suggestions anymore. Someone will start this topic again.

I am happy for DICKtator Metsfanmax he can flex his virtual muscles and move this to a suggestion not worthy of being on the front page.

HighlanderAttack, this suggestion is in the "Submitted Suggestions", which means it's been submitted to me and the programmer to actually be done! Besides that, we can be cordial to the Volunteer Team and I'm sure it will be reciprocated.

While I'm here, a minor update:

There's a process nailed down for each department, and I am now just waiting on the medal images to be made. Update coming soon(ish)!

BMO

Its will be good to know what are you have in mind?
Now many people like Cairns, and Higlander, give hes sugestions,and its look that you have own sugestion but we dont know what is it ?
Romans are hard to be used, because they are to long(XXX present only number 30) , and arabic can in very long run be good solution(999- these its very long number and i can not find player who are come close to 1/3 of these number).
Also arabic could be very usefull because implementation of other medal sugestion could be done much faster(like mine Unique map achievement medal)

edit: now when i look on mine medals,i notice that you have 4 digit place (XVII), these mean that if you implement Arabic, then you could seal these for very long time,because its hard for me to see that some in near future can come to 9999 medals.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Gillipig wrote:...
Bronze, silver, gold, platinum for all types of medals is probably the best solution. As it deals with the inevitable inflation of some types of medals. Different standards could be set for different types of medals.

I'd be quite happy to have this, as long as it provides functionality, but it still doesn't solve the numeric issue on the medals.
Private cairnswk

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 pm

qwert wrote:Its will be good to know what are you have in mind?
Now many people like Cairns, and Higlander, give hes sugestions,and its look that you have own sugestion but we dont know what is it ?
Romans are hard to be used, because they are to long(XXX present only number 30) , and arabic can in very long run be good solution(999- these its very long number and i can not find player who are come close to 1/3 of these number).
Also arabic could be very usefull because implementation of other medal sugestion could be done much faster(like mine Unique map achievement medal)

edit: now when i look on mine medals,i notice that you have 4 digit place (XVII), these mean that if you implement Arabic, then you could seal these for very long time,because its hard for me to see that some in near future can come to 9999 medals.

When I read your suggestion I was shocked it had not been talked about. A simple and easy suggestion if we are going to give a lot of medals away.

Re: Raise Clan Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby Swifte on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 pm

qwert and HA, I talked to rds in chat today and he confirmed the plan is to go with something like agentcom's suggestion, not lots and lots of medals. There will be intervals, 50, 100, ... don't know from there.

rdsrds2120 wrote:Hey there everyone! It looks like a scale (such as agentcoms) will be used for the update. Please stay tuned for this (hopefully soon) implementation.

BMO

rdsrds2120 wrote:
agentcom wrote:This is something that the admin have recently become interested in for whatever reason. Therefore, I am going to STICKY this to draw some more attention to it.

My vote is still to maintain the tradition of the roman numerals and award additional medals at a staggered level of perhaps 50 ("L"), 100 ("C") and 200 ("CC").

There will still be an imbalance in how easy medals are to earn, but I don't really see the problem of having someone like Highlanderattack getting 3 more medals for all the tourneys he's organized. And I can't wait to see cairns get the only "L" cartography medal :)

I think the pure genius of coincidence of Roman Numeral 200 being "CC" is almost enough by itself to pick up this template for raising the cap :P. This is something that I'd like to be working on for you guys, since it's something I can help out with without all of the programming, etc! I feel like raising the medal caps is a quick small thing that I can do that affects a lot of players greatly. After all -- who doesn't like having that awesome personal goal? Now maybe to hammer out a plan :)

BMO
Colonel Swifte

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:27 pm

so after XXX what will stand on medal?
XXXI---these could go
XXXII--nothing
XXXIII-nothing
XXXIV-nothing
XXXV-these could be
XXXVI-nothing
XXXVII-nothing
XXXVIII-nothing
XXXIX-nothing
XL-these could be
XLI-these could be
XLII-these could be
XLIII-nothing
XLIV-these could be
XLV-these could be
XLVI-these could be
XLVII-nothing
XLVIII-nothing
XLIX-these could be
L-these could be
------------------------
so these mean that any number who have III and V will be visible and number with VII and VIII will not be visible?
Still think that arabic number are better solution, but like i say in page 4, these its ...........
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Swifte on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I imagine...
At 30 you get XXX
from 31 - 49, medal does not change.
at 50 you are awarded with L
from 51 - 99 medal does not change.
and so on.

When you reach 50, it counts as 1 new medal, not 20. Guess that's just how I interpreted the plan. It's possible it is somehow different.
Colonel Swifte

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Now I have my big trophy :)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:Now I have my big trophy :)

Yeh, i'll just keep track of mine in my sig also.
Private cairnswk

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 pm

cairnswk wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:Now I have my big trophy :)

Yeh, i'll just keep track of mine in my sig also.

Do you want me to make you a special trophy :) I will I will

Postby jricart on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:10 pm

They look good to me.
Its amazing how long this took to get implemented!

Good job guys!

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:The only thing is some people think it skews the medal table too much, but they are virtual medals so what is the big deal. Unfortunately because I stand to gain the most from a change like that-some will say I am biased toward a change like that. Reality is I have always wanted it like this-even when I was just starting off in the tourney world.

That's exactly the problem. If you can continue getting more medals just for doing more of the same, it basically becomes a type of farming. A medal system is supposed to reward you for stretching yourself in new directions and looking for new challenges. Running your first tournament is a big milestone, running your 291st is not.

Ideally a medal system should be logarithmic. If you get a medal for running your first tournament, it should take ten tournaments to get your second, and a hundred to get your third. and a thousand to get your fourth. (The multiplier doesn't have to be 10; if an activity is inherently more difficult it can have a smaller multiplier.) That's approximately the way the gameplay medals go: it's easy to get bronze, a little harder to get silver, and much harder to get gold.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 am

Dukasaur wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:The only thing is some people think it skews the medal table too much, but they are virtual medals so what is the big deal. Unfortunately because I stand to gain the most from a change like that-some will say I am biased toward a change like that. Reality is I have always wanted it like this-even when I was just starting off in the tourney world.

That's exactly the problem. If you can continue getting more medals just for doing more of the same, it basically becomes a type of farming. A medal system is supposed to reward you for stretching yourself in new directions and looking for new challenges. Running your first tournament is a big milestone, running your 291st is not.

Ideally a medal system should be logarithmic. If you get a medal for running your first tournament, it should take ten tournaments to get your second, and a hundred to get your third. and a thousand to get your fourth. (The multiplier doesn't have to be 10; if an activity is inherently more difficult it can have a smaller multiplier.) That's approximately the way the gameplay medals go: it's easy to get bronze, a little harder to get silver, and much harder to get gold.

Just so we're clear, he's won 291. He hasn't quite ran 291 yet.

I do agree with Duka. I love medals a lot, but a cap is good because it makes more types of medals mean more, IMO.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 am

cairnswk wrote:
Gillipig wrote:...

I'd be quite happy to have this, as long as it provides functionality, but it still doesn't solve the numeric issue on the medals.

It would actually. Just like there's no numerals on the terminator medal or the fog of war medal, there would be no numerals on the special achievement/contribution medals. After having won a certain number of tournaments, you would be awarded with bronze, silver, gold and platinum, same for clans and every other medal currently displayed with roman numerals. That's the suggestion I was thinking of.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 am

so these its new system of solve problems? with less effort to create something? Anyone who ahve over 30 medals will need to create hes own medals in signature(like cairnswk and highlanderattack).

like i say in page 4

Few question are arise
1.Are these usefull
2.Are these possible to implement?
3.What lvl of difficulty in implementation of these suggestion ?
4.How long these need to be implemented?
-------------------------------------------------------
Im here 6 years and i can not count how many times i heard from people who understand coding say " its easy to implement", and after that suggestion drop in oblivion, siting for infinitive time .
Now i hope that el jefe will not work like lackattack,and start avoiding suggestion forum.
Its important that we know--all these above, otherwise all these posting in suggestion forum, its pure waste of time.
When we come on these stage when these 4 question can answer El jefe, and start implement suggestion in appropriate time, then we can say that "Revolution Begun" have some practical meaning,and not to be some political phrase to sound great and nothing else.
And these its not only for these suggestion,these its for all sugestion who sit infinitive time here.

its will be great if you put a vote poll, so that community give hes vote ,between Arabic and Romans numbers, now its look that our opinion and suggestions are not valid, and that again mods suggestion will be implemented, even when Arabic also possible to be implemented.
Why you even bother to ask for community opinion,when you work on your way? These its what i don't understand.
Also will be pointless to open new topic and suggest change Romans with Arabic numbers, because like its look these will be very fast rejected, even if these possible.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions