Conquer Club

Wacom Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet (CTL471)

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Seamus76 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:16 pm

I just bought this pen and tablet for $49, it's factory refurbished. I've been thinking about stepping up my game a bit with one of these, does anyone have one, and/or know if this was a good deal?
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Re: Wacom Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet (CTL471)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:21 pm

It is a starter product, that is fine if you never used a tablet to draw. (it's not a so automated process so you need to learn the right technique to draw with a tablet)
I think the price you paid is worth the product, usually the fact is refurbished doesn't matter so much with wacom, which imo is the best for tablet products.
Certainly, it is not a cintiq, but as said if you don't have experience and you don't want to spend the money for a intous (mid level) or a cintiq (pro level), a bamboo is the best choice.
Be sure to have patience because it really takes some time to get used with tablets...in any case it's just matter of time. ;)
I suggest you to buy a wireless kit when you can, I dislike to have the cable on a tablet, but it's just a personal opinion; in addition i don't have idea how much they want for that kit.

Nobodies

edit: i checked, they want $40 for that kit....it seems very expensive to me. Get used with the cable! :mrgreen:
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby generalhead on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Congrats on your purchase Seamus :D
Sergeant generalhead

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:52 am

Thats the brand natty used. He seemed pretty happy with it. Not sure which version he had though since the forum shut down I cannot check it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Seamus76 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 am

Yeah that's who I heard the name from. I have experience with tablets and couldn't justify spending any more money on it. The new ones I've seen are around $70, and I've had good experience with refurbished products so I thought this was a good deal. I'm pretty excited, we'll see what I can do with it.

You know what they say, it's a poor craftsman who blames his tool.
ImageImageImage

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Tablet was just delivered! Yeah! If the box is any indication of what's inside, it's going to be a beautiful piece of equipment. Too bad I won't be able to open it up until later.
ImageImageImage

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:38 pm

Post some photos of it for us and and explanation of what does what.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby kentington on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:49 am

Seamus76 wrote:Tablet was just delivered! Yeah! If the box is any indication of what's inside, it's going to be a beautiful piece of equipment. Too bad I won't be able to open it up until later.

Excited for you. I remember 8-10 years ago or so, I saved up for a 9x12 Intuos. It was worth it and great fun, lasted until about a year ago.
What program are you going to be using with your tablet? I have found that the settings are very important and remove all of the Windows tablet features, they just create lag. Wacom's drivers are enough.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Return to Foundry Discussions