Conquer Club

MapRank

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MapRank

Postby agentcom on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm

MERGED with appropriate thread. PM sent to user.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 am

Mine is working great! I haven't updated it in ages though :-s .
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby agentcom on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

fwiw, I went back to FF16 (over firefox's strong objection) and it's working fine for me.

For those of you who want to do the same, disable automatic updating of firefox and go here:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ins ... of-firefox
Colonel agentcom

Postby ooge on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks to everyone who has helped to answer these questions.I as well lost MR when firefox updated. The games would not be nearly as much fun for me without Map rank
Captain ooge

Postby L M S on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 pm

I was just checking out this thread to try and fix my MR, thanks for the FF tip.

But, I was wondering about rode orm's problem. Has anyone figured this out yet? It an interesting puzzle to me.
I tried to MR him using his CC member # (541287), that didn't work either.
That sucks, man.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby sherkaner on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 am

Hmm, it has to be somewhere in the script, apparantly it tries to escape the name, but doesn't do it properly.
Doesn't work (but called by map rank currently):
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=r%F6de%20orm
Works:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=r%C3%B6de%20orm

Basically, if you replace the escape in
Code: Select all
    var iump =  baseURL + 'forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=' + escape(user);

with encodeURIComponent, it should work. It seems to happen a few times more, so it's best to replace them all.

(background: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7598 ... icomponent )
Colonel sherkaner

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am

sherkaner wrote:Hmm, it has to be somewhere in the script, apparantly it tries to escape the name, but doesn't do it properly.
Works:

var iump =  baseURL + 'forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=' + escape(user);

with encodeURIComponent, it should work. It seems to happen a few times more, so it's best to replace them all.

=D> =D> =D> Bravo! I knew it had to be "escaped" or "converted" but my knowledge isn't that great. Nice job finding the source!
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby mcshanester29 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Yep working great for me with 17.0.1 FF
Private mcshanester29

Postby Jamie on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:16 am

Vid_FISO wrote:
Iron Maid wrote:My MapRank disappeared recently.

Firefox 17.0.1, Greasemonkey 1.5

BOB Menu & Clan Rank are still available though.

What could be the issue and how to solve it?

Reinstall FF 15

How does one install an OLDER version of firefox, lol
Highest score to date: 2704 (June 25, 2008)
Highest on Scoreboard: 86 (June 25, 2008)
Highest Rank : Colonel (May 27, 2008)
Lowest Score to date : 776 (Nov 20, 2012)
Lowest Rank to date: Cook (Nov 20, 2012)
Shortest game won: 15 seconds - Game 12127866
Corporal 1st Class Jamie

Postby Vid_FISO on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 am

Jamie wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:
Iron Maid wrote:My MapRank disappeared recently.

Firefox 17.0.1, Greasemonkey 1.5

BOB Menu & Clan Rank are still available though.

What could be the issue and how to solve it?

Reinstall FF 15

How does one install an OLDER version of firefox, lol

google, download, install
Major Vid_FISO

Postby ender516 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 am

sherkaner wrote:Hmm, it has to be somewhere in the script, apparantly it tries to escape the name, but doesn't do it properly.
Works:

Excellent. We should try to get this into github, along with a fix for the code dealing with the metadata which affects the version checking. There are features in the metadata now which let Greasemonkey recognize when your script is out of date and initiate an update. I am a little busy with holiday visitors right now, otherwise I would whip something up.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby docchaos on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 am

Just FYI, you don't have to downgrade FF to get Map Rank working again, here's the quick-and-dirty step-by-step guide to get your Map Rank working again. I try to explain this as detailed as possible, so that anyone without any technical skills can follow this guide. If you know what you're doing, you can start with step 7:

1. Go to your menu
2. Select Extras -> Greasemonkey -> Manage User Scripts
3. For each script, there are 3 buttons: "Options", "Deactivate", "Remove", click on the Options-button for Map Rank
4. A new window will open, on this new just above the buttons Abort and Ok, there is a long button labeled "Edit this user script", press that button
5. Unless you've done that earlier, you may have to select an editor in which you want to edit the script, any simple text editor (Notepad if you're on Windows, TextEdit if you're on Mac, anyone else should know what a text editor is and which one they prefer) will do the job.
6. The script opens in the editor of your choice, the first few lines should look like this:

var metadata = <>
// ==UserScript==
// @name          Conquer Club Map Rank GL
// @namespace     http://userscripts.org/
// @version       1.5.5
// @description   Script to work out Player Map-specific Rank
// @include       http://www.conquerclub.com/*
// @include       https://www.conquerclub.com/*
// ==/UserScript==
</>.toString();

var versiont = /@version\s+(\d+\.\d+.\d+)/.exec(metadata)[1];

7. remove line 1 & line 10:
var metadata = <>
and
</>.toString();

8. change line 12 (the new line 10) from
to
var versiont = "1.5.5";

9. save the script
10. reload the site in FF, your Map Rank should be back.

Of course, these instructions are based on Map Rank GL 1.5.5, if you're using an older version, upgrade. My FF is a German version, I translated the labels of buttons myself, so they might be labeled a bit differently in the English version. If you find any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them.

btw: Is anyone in charge of Map Rank (so, who can I talk to about these changes) or is it vacant?
Major docchaos

Postby Vid_FISO on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 am

didn't work for me docchaos but installing MR 1.5.3 does work for me with FF 17.0.1
Major Vid_FISO

Postby VampireM on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 am

docchaos wrote:Just FYI, you don't have to downgrade FF to get Map Rank working again, here's the quick-and-dirty step-by-step guide to get your Map Rank working again. I try to explain this as detailed as possible, so that anyone without any technical skills can follow this guide. If you know what you're doing, you can start with step 7:

1. Go to your menu
2. Select Extras -> Greasemonkey -> Manage User Scripts
3. For each script, there are 3 buttons: "Options", "Deactivate", "Remove", click on the Options-button for Map Rank
4. A new window will open, on this new just above the buttons Abort and Ok, there is a long button labeled "Edit this user script", press that button
5. Unless you've done that earlier, you may have to select an editor in which you want to edit the script, any simple text editor (Notepad if you're on Windows, TextEdit if you're on Mac, anyone else should know what a text editor is and which one they prefer) will do the job.
6. The script opens in the editor of your choice, the first few lines should look like this:

var metadata = <>
// ==UserScript==
// @name          Conquer Club Map Rank GL
// @namespace     http://userscripts.org/
// @version       1.5.5
// @description   Script to work out Player Map-specific Rank
// @include       http://www.conquerclub.com/*
// @include       https://www.conquerclub.com/*
// ==/UserScript==
</>.toString();

7. remove line 1 & line 10:
var metadata = <>
and
</>.toString();

8. change line 12 (the new line 10) from
to
var versiont = "1.5.5";

9. save the script
10. reload the site in FF, your Map Rank should be back.

Of course, these instructions are based on Map Rank GL 1.5.5, if you're using an older version, upgrade. My FF is a German version, I translated the labels of buttons myself, so they might be labeled a bit differently in the English version. If you find any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them.

btw: Is anyone in charge of Map Rank (so, who can I talk to about these changes) or is it vacant?

worked wonderfully for me! thanks a lot, i have 0 experience or knowledge about this stuff and the step that got me stuck was trying to select notepad lol, just needed to find it:)
Colonel VampireM

Postby kuma32478 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Worked like a charm
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby ender516 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks for sharing that tip, docchaos. I did that for myself, but haven't had the time to write a proper description of the whole process. I still plan to fix the problem permanently, but have been tied up with some work in the Map Foundry. I hope to fix this and the problem with special characters in player names all in one go.

Postby docchaos on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 am

Vid_FISO wrote:didn't work for me docchaos but installing MR 1.5.3 does work for me with FF 17.0.1

Weird, it worked for me on an newly installed FF 17.0.1 and apparently it did for others too, don't know why it didn't work for you.
I didn't look at the code of 1.5.3, but as long as it works that's a good solution too, if you don't mind having an older version (with other potential bugs).
Major docchaos

Postby ender516 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

I have just released a new version of Map Rank, 1.5.6, which should work under Firefox 17.0.1 and fix the problem with non-ASCII characters in player names. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Postby VampireM on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm

im to scared to update.. is there a way to turn off teh blinking update now light? i would rather just keep with the 1.5.5 i have
Colonel VampireM

Postby ender516 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 pm

If you know how to edit the script's metadata, you could change the version to 1.5.6, but there is nothing to be afraid of. The new version works with Firefox 17, but has a performance problem with scrolling.

However, if you have 1.5.5 running, then you are stuck back at Firefox 16. I don't know how important updating Firefox is to you.

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 am

ender516 wrote:I have just released a new version of Map Rank, 1.5.6, which should work under Firefox 17.0.1 and fix the problem with non-ASCII characters in player names. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

This is insane! After having waited super long I finally decided to downgrade to firefox 5 two days ago. And what happens now? Now it works on the latest version! Thank you so much for updating it to work on the latest version of firefox, my timing is just awful though :lol:
I've tried it and it works fine for me, it doesn't display the teammate achievement but it never has, so it's nothing that was lost in the update.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby ender516 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Gillipig wrote:
ender516 wrote:I have just released a new version of Map Rank, 1.5.6, which should work under Firefox 17.0.1 and fix the problem with non-ASCII characters in player names. Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

This is insane! After having waited super long I finally decided to downgrade to firefox 5 two days ago. And what happens now? Now it works on the latest version! Thank you so much for updating it to work on the latest version of firefox, my timing is just awful though :lol:
I've tried it and it works fine for me, it doesn't display the teammate achievement but it never has, so it's nothing that was lost in the update.

Oh, that is a new medal, isn't it? I think that should not be difficult to add.

Are you having issues with slow scrolling of the Map Rank table results?

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 pm

ender516 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

It's a relatively new medal, but I'm not sure it's newer than trench. Scrolling works good for me.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby nicestash on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Teammate is newer than trench.
Major nicestash

Postby ender516 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

Gillipig wrote:
ender516 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

It's a relatively new medal, but I'm not sure it's newer than trench. Scrolling works good for me.

Your response with regard to scrolling suggests the problem may be specific to the OS or hardware, as I have slow scrolling and even the about:config settings I found suggested as a solution have had no effect. I presume you are now at Firefox 17.0.1 What do you run Firefox on? What version of Greasemonkey are you using?

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives