Conquer Club

Removing players

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Removing players

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Ok ,i need to have Answer on these question.
-------------
1. Can player be complete erase from CC?
2.Can player avatar be removed?
3.Can player name be removed?

-------------------------------------
if these are all possible, then mods need to use these and start clean some players out of CC.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Removing players

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 pm

qwert wrote:Ok ,i need to have Answer on these question.
-------------
1. Can player be complete erase from CC?
2.Can player avatar be removed?
3.Can player name be removed?

-------------------------------------
if these are all possible, then mods need to use these and start clean some players out of CC.

1> Yes
2> Yes
3> Yes

and to your conclusion. No, although some players get kicked in a myriad of ways. Some for agrevation on a large scale, some for loopholeabuse. They really try not to ban everybody with a bad idea.
also
A chair as 4 legs, A dog has 4 legs. a dog = a chair?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 pm

I put these question because recently i find so many people who have these names
-Waffen SS-dead
-Adolf Hitler
-Einsatsgruppen
-Benito Musolini
-Dass Reich
---------------------------------
If i whas MOd, then i will start clean these immediately, there its no moment for any discussion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm

I really don't understand the problem with any of these usernames.
Private blakebowling

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:48 pm

they glorify nazi;s, but you have no problem with that?

I told qwert that having bad taste or being an idiot is not a punnishable offense. With these i am on the fense though. Why would any sane person pick these names unless he was trying to aggrevate someone else?
Major SirSebstar

Postby blakebowling on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 pm

SirSebstar wrote:they glorify nazi;s, but you have no problem with that?

I told qwert that having bad taste or being an idiot is not a punnishable offense. With these i am on the fense though. Why would any sane person pick these names unless he was trying to aggrevate someone else?

I disagree that they are glorifying nazi's. If they are, shouldn't Osama's name be changed as well? (I don't actually believe this, just using it as a counter example).
Private blakebowling

Postby Just_essence on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm

It's always best on a case-by-case basis.
Private Just_essence

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 pm

blakebowling wrote:

I disagree that they are glorifying nazi's. If they are, shouldn't Osama's name be changed as well? (I don't actually believe this, just using it as a counter example).

Blake, these name its not come from head suddenly,, you need to have knowledge about these .
Nobody can accidental put these names , if you dont know what they represent.

Its will be good that each person who have these name give some valid reason why they need to have these names here in CC.
Just simple question " Why you want to create username Adolf Hitler?"

Can you give any normal reason why these name need to stay in CC?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 pm

qwert wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Blake, these name its not come from head suddenly,, you need to have knowledge about these .

Its will be good that each person who have these name give some valid reason why they need to have these names here in CC.

Can you give me any normal reason why your name needs to stay in CC? I'm not saying that the name is necessary, I'm saying it shouldn't be a problem. I understand the history, and I'm not saying that there weren't hardships faced due to these leaders. I'm simply saying that their image or their name is not in itself bigoted.
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm

blakebowling wrote:
qwert wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

Can you give me any normal reason why your name needs to stay in CC? I'm not saying that the name is necessary, I'm saying it shouldn't be a problem. I understand the history, and I'm not saying that there weren't hardships faced due to these leaders. I'm simply saying that their image or their name is not in itself bigoted.

i dont have any normal reason why mine names need to stay in CC, well i even dont know what QWERT means. If someone report mine name like offensive, with logical explanation,then i will change imediatly.
But im aware what Adolf Hitler means, and you act like you are not mod, like you dont read CC forum rules?
Somehow i feel that you try to defend these, for what reason i dont know? What more fact and explanation you need so that these name be removed from CC? Are CC policy change when El_Jefe come here?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

What about Genghis Khan? What about Shaka Zulu? What about Pierre Trudeau? Should everyone named after an evil dictator be banned? Come on!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Just_essence on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 pm

qwert- If they haven't done anything to you, just put them on your foe list if you really want to avoid them. There is nothing to suggest that they are sadistic, and they are most likely decent people if you get into contact with them. Their name does not imply that they follow their namesake's ideology, in most, if not all, cases.
Private Just_essence

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Dukasaur wrote:What about Genghis Khan? What about Shaka Zulu? What about Pierre Trudeau? Should everyone named after an evil dictator be banned? Come on!

those are ok because no jews were hurt
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Just_essence on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Not sure if trolling...
But the Jewish religious population aren't the only ones to suffer mass discrimination. Hitler may be the most infamously known dictator, but the unjustified deaths at the hand of other dictators count no less as a crime against humanity and as a censorship basis just because Hitler was more recent -and known- in his exploits.
Of course, I said censorship basis based on the POV of those who favor censorship, but I personally do not favor censorship.
Private Just_essence

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Just_essence wrote:Not sure if trolling...

just a little bit :D

the difference i see between nazis and others is as i stated. everyone else is ok to use, even our new administrator has a terrorist as his av.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Just_essence on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 pm

I guess it is true that the most recent atrocities have the most impact on emotions.
Private Just_essence

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 am

Just_essence wrote:I guess it is true that the most recent atrocities have the most impact on emotions.

or who has the most powerful lobby ie. hollywood
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 am

qwert wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
qwert wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

i dont have any normal reason why mine names need to stay in CC, well i even dont know what QWERT means. If someone report mine name like offensive, with logical explanation,then i will change imediatly.
But im aware what Adolf Hitler means, and you act like you are not mod, like you dont read CC forum rules?
Somehow i feel that you try to defend these, for what reason i dont know? What more fact and explanation you need so that these name be removed from CC? Are CC policy change when El_Jefe come here?

The last time I checked, there wasn't a rule against offending you, or any certain user. The rules are clearly defined on what they prohibit, and historical figures are unmentioned (Yes, all of the above mentioned are historical figures). Images of the aforementioned historical on their own do not violate the rules.

The main point I'm trying to make is there is no need to prove a name innocent. The requirement is to prove it guilty (in violation of the rules). Unless there is bigoted speech in the username, then that rule is not violated (a reference to a tragedy alone is not bigoted speech.

If you need another example, let's try to broaden the scope a bit. An example of a bigoted remark "Jews are no good money grubbing blah blah blah" and "Jewish people are commonly associated with the stereotype of being tight with their money". You see the difference? The first sample has a negative connotation to it. That's the part that sets things apart. For example, "Hitler was responsible for the deaths of a massive amount of Jews" is simply a factual statement, no bigotry. However if you add a negative connotation "Hitler caused the deaths of a massive amount of Jews as a service to this world". You see the difference? The first sample doesn't have a negative connotation, and is therefore simply facts. The second has a negative connotation, and while it contains a fact, is still bigoted.
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:44 am

Dukasaur wrote:What about Genghis Khan? What about Shaka Zulu? What about Pierre Trudeau? Should everyone named after an evil dictator be banned? Come on!

who say that people need to be banned? Just change of name and avatar.

Ok, so i conclude next
ADOLF HITLER avatar and name are not forbiden to use in CC
WAFFEN SS DEAD-avatar and name also not forbiden for use
EINSATZGRUPPEN- also not forbiden for use in CC
USE OF SWASTIKA AVATAR-also not forbiden for use in CC
------------------------------------------------
these its all free to use, as long people who hold these ,dont say nothing in favor of NAzi?
These its insane rules, but if everybody accept these, then mine battle its over in these case, i dont like these , but i can not change these.
now you can lock these topic. I get what i deserved.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am

greenoaks wrote:
Just_essence wrote:Not sure if trolling...

just a little bit :D

the difference i see between nazis and others is as i stated. everyone else is ok to use, even our new administrator has a terrorist as his av.

Leave BMO out of this!

This has always been a troublesome issue from a moderation aspect. I will repeat, for clarity's sake, that there are no outright blanket bans. Cases are evaluated individually by context, but it just so happens that more often than not, the context isn't appropriate. So while there might be a rate of banned avatars/icons near 100% when looking at Swastikas, it isn't because we're banning all Swastikas, but it just happens to be that all Swastikas have been banned thus far (to take an example from another thread/issue).

It is important to understand that key concept when talking about the matter.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Jippd on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

I think banning people or making them change user names or avatars is silly.
Major Jippd

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Jippd wrote:I think banning people or making them change user names or avatars is silly.

considering people get banned for behavious, of which their avatar is a small proponant, your statement is untrue too.
I guess some people find it silly to ban people who pay for multiple accounts (and play them) also silly, certainly from a commercial point of view.. I for one am glad they do
Major SirSebstar

Postby Jippd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Jippd wrote:I think banning people or making them change user names or avatars is silly.

considering people get banned for behavious, of which their avatar is a small proponant, your statement is untrue too.
I guess some people find it silly to ban people who pay for multiple accounts (and play them) also silly, certainly from a commercial point of view.. I for one am glad they do

How do you know my personal opinion? If I think something is silly then I think it is silly. You can't say it is untrue because they are my thoughts and I know that it is in fact true.

Multi's and having "offensive" user names or passwords are not the same thing in my opinion.

The problem with deciding to ban or make "A" or "B" change something because they are "offensive" to "Z" "X" and "Y" is the subjective reasoning that is included in the matter.

The problem for me is where the line will be drawn and the overall need (in my opinion) to limit subjective reasoning in banning or "punishing" paying customers.
Major Jippd

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Try to stay on topic without clouding the issue. The question was whether it was possible to ban people. It has been clarified that there is no blanked ban for having a "Silly" name or avatar, but that people who tend to get banned, get banned for their behaviour more then just a silly name or avatar.
The overal rule being use common sense and dont be intentionally annoying.
If you are realy out to discuss your feelings on the subject, i suggest you take it out on GD. If you want i can split this topic, or shadow it so there is some foundation on which to discuss further.
But again, there is no banning for just having an avatar.
I think people who think that because gravity is not in the bible, it does not excist. I dont even know if there are such people, but i find them silly anyways. Can you see where this is going? It has no relevance, but it is misleading if read without context
Major SirSebstar

Postby Lord Thalinor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Can someone be removed for being a bad sportsman? For accusing people of cheating based on the sole fact that he was the first person eliminated in a 3 person game?

If so I need to submit a name of a player to be removed.

I'm new here and up until this point I've been enjoying the games. I would have recommended this site to friends, especially those who enjoy a good game of Risk.

Not any longer. I am even considering leaving myself.
Cook Lord Thalinor

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion