Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D6 17/25

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Saf is probably silenced.

That's a good thought.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm pretty sure he's away. I sent him a pm a few days ago ans he hasn't replied.

I have to agree with some of the comments about doomyoshi lately. he seems all over the place. watcher is over powered, watcher is easily avoidable. watcher is easily avoidable when the target is known, we should dictate who the watcher visits. his behavior is a bit contradictory.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:aage wagon, now? Saf is probably silenced.

You've been saying this pretty much forever and I've never responded because you never even gave a reason. This is pretty blunt without a reason, though. Why me? (inb4 chap's list)
Since nobody's doing anything else in this game though, I suppose I could get the game moving and put you off your false trail.

I'm Abbo of Fleury, town doctor. I'm hugely undecided which of the other five should be lynched but atm I'm leaning towards Soundman for his recent scumarine (i mean, look at it). Still waiting for Edoc to confirm that my vote still exists.

Fastposted
I agree, but I don't think it's a reason to doubt him being town. The latter seems obvious enough to me.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby F1fth on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Even though I'm skeptical of a doctor claim because we've already had a fake one from scum, I suppose giving it one night allows us to take care of someone else off the list. If aage survives the night, then we can make a pretty good case that he's scum because why would scum let a claimed doc live? If it's to implicate him for the lynch tomorrow, it would be a poor move on the scum's part. It gives the doc a chance to stop their lynch only to get him killed by town when they can just do the job themselves. To avoid the watcher? Well, he's been getting "blocked" every night (in quotes because the other option is DRoZ is scum).

It would be nice to hear from Safari, but in the interest of moving things along I'm going to Vote Jonty.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm

F1fth wrote:It would be nice to hear from Safari, but in the interest of moving things along I'm going to Vote Jonty.

My crime?
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm

jonty125 wrote:
F1fth wrote:It would be nice to hear from Safari, but in the interest of moving things along I'm going to Vote Jonty.

My crime?

Being on the list :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:06 pm

aage: night actions?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:29 pm

jonty125 wrote:

That's a good thought.

This is easy to tell, really, as Safari also plays other mafia games. If he posts there and not here, the silence theory holds water.

However, his last forum post was on december 20 and he currently sports a Hong Kong flag. I believe he is merely away due to holidays/vacations.

aage wrote:I'm Abbo of Fleury, town doctor. I'm hugely undecided which of the other five should be lynched but atm I'm leaning towards Soundman for his recent scumarine (i mean, look at it). Still waiting for Edoc to confirm that my vote still exists.

Interesting.

strike wolf wrote:As far as Rishaed, by claiming doctor, I am now even more convinced he is scum. I do believe there is a doctor. I am just 95% certain I know the role name of the real doctor (through background information and limited available information in scenes).

What do you think, Strike?

edocsil wrote:An Archangel sat and watched the shadows. Shapes flickered in the night, and until now, there were none he could be sure he could trust. He had stayed his hand to long now, and now he must act. He took a massive greatsword from his back. It was a colossal thing, no human could have wielded it. In truth it was never meant to be used to kill, it was a totem of the angels power that he received from Yahweh. He chose his target and slammed the sword into the ground, burying it into the earth. A golden shield rose up from the sword and protected its target against the horrors of the night. So the angel stood until dawn came.

Was this the scene that made you conclude Vodean was lying? Do you think the doctor is an angel?
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm

The sword matches the description of Raphael'd sword. Raphael, roughly translated as God heals.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Rodion on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:45 pm

I checked Aage's reaction to Rishaed's claim of doctor in order to determine whether it fits the reaction of a real doctor.

He started pretty well by voting him immediately after the claim. However, he later unvoted and explained he was afraid of "jester or something worse". Edoc had already made it clear that his game is Good vs. Evil with no space for 3rd parties (e.g. jester), so the unvoting was pretty bad in my opinion and I believe it was a lame excuse to dodge Chap's fake power.

Anyway, back to waiting for Saf (investigation result) and Strike (doc flavour input).

EBWOP: Strike, so you rule this as a fakeclaim?
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 pm

EBWOP = fastposted
General Rodion

Postby VioIet on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 am

jonty125 wrote:

That's a good thought.

Well if he doesn't respond soon, Edoc may mod-kill him.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby aage on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:55 am

Rodion wrote:
edocsil wrote:An Archangel sat and watched the shadows. Shapes flickered in the night, and until now, there were none he could be sure he could trust. He had stayed his hand to long now, and now he must act. He took a massive greatsword from his back. It was a colossal thing, no human could have wielded it. In truth it was never meant to be used to kill, it was a totem of the angels power that he received from Yahweh. He chose his target and slammed the sword into the ground, burying it into the earth. A golden shield rose up from the sword and protected its target against the horrors of the night. So the angel stood until dawn came.

Was this the scene that made you conclude Vodean was lying? Do you think the doctor is an angel?

I interpreted this scene as a one-shot action from a JOAT-arsenal ("he had stayed his hand too long now"), or a one-shot global bulletproof which sounds like an Angelic action but doesn't hold water with the "protected its target"-part, therefore JOAT has been my guess since then.

Rodion wrote:I checked Aage's reaction to Rishaed's claim of doctor in order to determine whether it fits the reaction of a real doctor.

He started pretty well by voting him immediately after the claim. However, he later unvoted and explained he was afraid of "jester or something worse". Edoc had already made it clear that his game is Good vs. Evil with no space for 3rd parties (e.g. jester), so the unvoting was pretty bad in my opinion and I believe it was a lame excuse to dodge Chap's fake power.

Rishaed actions were weak enough to conclude he wasn't anywhere near trying to stay alive. In the end it turned out to be a poor scum player, or a planned lynch which I still suspect. His lynch went along too easily if you ask me. Counterclaiming doctor wasn't necessary.

DoomYoshi wrote:aage: night actions?

N1 Strike
N2 Mr. S
N3 DroZ
N4 Saf
N5 no action - I expected to be back before the night was out, turned out I wasn't.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

My crime?

That doesn't distinguish me from the other 5 on the list.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm

jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

My crime?

It does. Process of elimination. You haven't claimed yet.

Not my arguments, but probably Doom's.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:14 pm

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

My crime?

So, who do you think we should lynch then?

If you, jonty and droz are all cleared, that means we have to lynch saf, right?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:16 pm

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

My crime?

I would like to hear this from F1fth, who placed the vote on me.
Cook jonty125

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:28 pm

personally id like to hear from soundman, as he seems to be keeping his head down
Captain gregwolf121

Postby F1fth on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm not sure if you expect any more hard evidence, I'm just moving down the list. It's a concrete resource that gets more helpful the more we narrow it down. We have remaining Safari, strike, DRoZ, aage, soundman, and yourself.

Safari, strike, and DRoZ have practically confirmed their roles, though some doubts may remain about their alignment. Aage has just claimed doc and it seems like we haven't decided what we want to do about that, at least until we have an idea if safari has any info or has been silenced. This leaves you and soundman, and since there are three scum between the six it's not altogether unlikely that you both are scum. Because soundman has gotten more attention due to Safari's investigation, I made an arbitrary decision to vote for you.

So here's my return question, jonty: why not you? To be fair, I think you could make a case to vote soundman before you since he's been lying low recently, but surely you must understand why I voted for you at this point.
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Sorry guys. Got swept up with pineapples and surfing in Hawaii and couldn't get an action in time. I'll investigate someone from the possible list of suspects tonight.

With all these claimed power roles (doc, cop, etc.) is it possible that we may gain more information with a no lynch at this point? I'm a bit hesitant to say that because of the mafia doc, but it probably means we have some sort of third party or SKer around as well. Can't think of many other reasons for a mafia doc unless we have an unusual amount of vigs or something.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Sorry guys. Got swept up with pineapples and surfing in Hawaii and couldn't get an action in time. I'll investigate someone from the possible list of suspects tonight.

With all these claimed power roles (doc, cop, etc.) is it possible that we may gain more information with a no lynch at this point? I'm a bit hesitant to say that because of the mafia doc, but it probably means we have some sort of third party or SKer around as well. Can't think of many other reasons for a mafia doc unless we have an unusual amount of vigs or something.

No. The only information comes from lynching.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:49 pm

I would doubt Sk. The reason being that there just hasn't been enough kills in game to support that possibility. The sheer number of nights without kills and the kills that have been recorded being done by demons (who are all most likely mafia) does not leave the chances of their being an SK very high.

To answer your question Rodion, yes I am leaning towards it being a fake claim.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby soundman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:44 am

We could have an SK. I wouldn't rule it out in a game of this size. Probably not very likely though. I feel like there's something off about aage's claim and one of the night scenes. I don't have time right now to go back and look but will do so tomorrow.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby aage on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:My crime?

So, who do you think we should lynch then?

If you, jonty and droz are all cleared, that means we have to lynch saf, right?

Don't play the fool. I've expressed my suspicions in an earlier post, and yes, I definitely think we should lynch the claimed cop because that's always a brilliant thing to do.

I have you down for town but that doesn't licence you to be an ass about it.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 am

F1fth wrote:jonty: why not you?

Now you have illustrated your points, I don't have a problem with your vote on me. What I do have a problem with, voting me to move things along, when you're the first vote on me.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives