Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - Day 1 [16/16]

Postby superkeener on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 am

Hmmmmmmmmm. I guess the matter is solved. Can we move on?
Lieutenant superkeener

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - Kawnfurm Hear

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:25 am

betiko wrote:4) This means you agree this could be a game mechanic that I would know (although rishaed brought it up). Therefore you are doing the exact same thing as I just did. Speculate. But you are being arbitrary between what I said and what rishaed said, so not only you are speculating, you are taking sides, not just FOSing but voting in a quite serious way. You just cleared my doubt, you were half serious.

well here is a half serious vote:

unvote, vote mets

It's not arbitrary; rishaed wasn't actually speculating on game mechanics, but you were.

That being said, this is how D1 goes. No one should take it personally, and we can indeed move on.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:4) This means you agree this could be a game mechanic that I would know (although rishaed brought it up). Therefore you are doing the exact same thing as I just did. Speculate. But you are being arbitrary between what I said and what rishaed said, so not only you are speculating, you are taking sides, not just FOSing but voting in a quite serious way. You just cleared my doubt, you were half serious.

well here is a half serious vote:

unvote, vote mets

It's not arbitrary; rishaed wasn't actually speculating on game mechanics, but you were.

That being said, this is how D1 goes. No one should take it personally, and we can indeed move on.

I honestly thought the matter was resolved/forgotten a while back in the thread; I've no idea why betiko insists on harping on it and bringing it up again. Your obsession with the issue is getting suspicious to me, but since it's still Day 1, I'd still prefer to abstain and thus say unvote for now.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Nendreel on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 pm

anamainiacks wrote:I honestly thought the matter was resolved/forgotten a while back in the thread; I've no idea why betiko insists on harping on it and bringing it up again. Your obsession with the issue is getting suspicious to me, but since it's still Day 1, I'd still prefer to abstain and thus say unvote for now.

From what I've seen, Betiko never lets these things go. It'll keep coming up as long as there's a way to tie it into a case.
Not really suspicious, just par for the course.

I just went through the Rankin/Bass filmography, I'm kinda surprised how many of their holiday specials I've never even heard of. I was expecting a more well known library.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby thechuck51 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:care to explain how your slip is not bigger than mine mets?

It was already explained by others. You called out what was obviously a joke vote with something related to game mechanics, hinting that you know about the possibility of stealing gifts. Obviously stealing gifts is most likely a mafia/third party ability if it does exist.

That being said, I also admit that this mechanism is quite reasonable to conjecture about given what we have been told about the gifts, so it's possible you know nothing about it and were just speculating. So my vote is only half serious. But it was definitely something to keep in mind.

I'm looking but I don't see where metsfanmax actually slipped? (aside from openly rooting for the mets)
I'm also wondering if by not denying any slip, mets is actually conceding that he did slip (that sentence makes more sense in my head)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:24 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

It was already explained by others. You called out what was obviously a joke vote with something related to game mechanics, hinting that you know about the possibility of stealing gifts. Obviously stealing gifts is most likely a mafia/third party ability if it does exist.

That being said, I also admit that this mechanism is quite reasonable to conjecture about given what we have been told about the gifts, so it's possible you know nothing about it and were just speculating. So my vote is only half serious. But it was definitely something to keep in mind.

I'm looking but I don't see where metsfanmax actually slipped? (aside from openly rooting for the mets)
I'm also wondering if by not denying any slip, mets is actually conceding that he did slip (that sentence makes more sense in my head)

No. Someone accused me of a slip in response to my vote on betiko, in what I assume was a joke vote. Didn't think it worth responding to.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 am

Don't worry about what betiko says D1.. He's one to overthink everything :p lol ;)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:08 am

Are you saying you have a tiny "slip"?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:16 am

jonty125 wrote:vote Scrooge town instawin.

I will vote Jonty

Scrooge was a Townie.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:23 am

edocsil wrote:

Are you saying you have a tiny "slip"?

I was just saying that if my question was seen as a slip according to met's logic, viewing my question as a slip was one too, or at the vey least at the same extent.

Anyway, concerning scrooge or whatever I have no idea of this show. Is there a grinch?
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:59 am

betiko wrote:Anyway, concerning scrooge or whatever I have no idea of this show. Is there a grinch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankin/bass#Christmas

Here's the Filmography of the Rankin/Bass studio.
The ones you'd most likely recognize are Rudolph and Frosty. They also did an adaptation of A Chrismas Carol, so it's possible to see Scrooge here. They didn't adapt Dr. Seuss though, so no Grinch.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:Anyway, concerning scrooge or whatever I have no idea of this show. Is there a grinch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankin/bass#Christmas

The ones you'd most likely recognize are Rudolph and Frosty. They also did an adaptation of A Chrismas Carol, so it's possible to see Scrooge here. They didn't adapt Dr. Seuss though, so no Grinch.

Don't forget Santa Claus is Coming to Town and that other Santa one.. Uhhh, the one with Heat Miser and Cold Miser?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby pancakemix on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Spiesr replaces babagonosh.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
Nendreel wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankin/bass#Christmas

Don't forget Santa Claus is Coming to Town and that other Santa one.. Uhhh, the one with Heat Miser and Cold Miser?

I'd be lying if I said I did remember those two. :lol:
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Confirm or something, you know.
The Betiko/rishead/mets thing looks mildly interesting. Of course it is pretty insubstantial, but not bad for this early on Day 1. We'll have to keep it in mind and possibly go back to it if nothing else comes up in the next couple days.
Meanwhile, it seems that Little Witt and soundman are the only ones left on Mob's list of people who haven't contributed anything at all. May as well just go down that list now. Vote Little Witt. Please post and give me a reason why you should not be our Day 1 lynch.
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Vote Betiko! For admitting to a tiny slip!
Lieutenant soundman

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:21 pm

soundman wrote:Vote Betiko! For admitting to a tiny slip!

I didn't admit any kind of slip. I said that if mets considers it a slip, I was wondering how his reaction would not be a slip.

Another guy who is not bringing any substance at all is superkeener. you can hardly make posts as dull as those:

superkeener wrote:One sentence recap. Go.

too lazy to read 1 page.

superkeener wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm. I guess the matter is solved. Can we move on?

to what? bring in substance instead of posting to say nothing at all! I'll go back to my previous vote. I hate when players think they can be safe by posting once in a while a line that says nothing.

unvote vote superkeener
Major betiko

Postby superkeener on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Vote betiko thats all. I have got to keep to my short meaningless posts.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 pm

superkeener wrote:Vote betiko thats all. I have got to keep to my short meaningless posts.

ah, someone does not know that Mafia is a game where short meaningless posts get you lynched rather quickly. unvote vote superkeener in other words, why should we not lynch you, who is contributing nothing but confusion to the game with one-liners that is generally viewed as very scummy. :-s And being lazy is not equivalent to a good excuse. By all means if you are learning here is something to learn, Once in a while 1 liners are okay, when you post nothing but one liners, it becomes scummy. :roll: As they say the only ones who do not slip up are those who do not say anything.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm

superkeener wrote:Vote betiko thats all. I have got to keep to my short meaningless posts.

Is this a joke vote, or are you serious?

Either way, it's not reducing suspicion against you.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:13 pm

rishaed wrote:

ah, someone does not know that Mafia is a game where short meaningless posts get you lynched rather quickly. unvote vote superkeener in other words, why should we not lynch you, who is contributing nothing but confusion to the game with one-liners that is generally viewed as very scummy. :-s And being lazy is not equivalent to a good excuse. By all means if you are learning here is something to learn, Once in a while 1 liners are okay, when you post nothing but one liners, it becomes scummy. :roll: As they say the only ones who do not slip up are those who do not say anything.

Lol.

Vote rishaed Over-reacting

In other news I like the new guy.
Edoc'sil

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Thats enough to earn my vote. Posting lots of thoughts, instincts, suspicions is how people are made accountable throughout the entire game. Scum want to float in between cases as much as possible by not posting large posts or substantial contributing posts.
unvote vote superkeener

fastposted by edoc.... you think superkeener was just playing around? I dont know his personality its my first game with him.

welcome to the game spiesr
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Im happy to vote for little witt too, who hasnt done anything right?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:24 pm

edocsil wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Lol.

Vote rishaed Over-reacting

In other news I like the new guy.

I don't consider myself to be overreacting. Just trying to give him some helpful hints for forum mafia. Since I play differently on forums than RL. And as MoB, he's a new face to me so i don't know how experienced he is.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:

Thats enough to earn my vote. Posting lots of thoughts, instincts, suspicions is how people are made accountable throughout the entire game. Scum want to float in between cases as much as possible by not posting large posts or substantial contributing posts.
unvote vote superkeener

fastposted by edoc.... you think superkeener was just playing around? I dont know his personality its my first game with him.

welcome to the game spiesr

Keener was poking fun at the walls ppl have been posting that say nothing at all, and more or less giving people the bird for calling him out for meaningless posting posting on D1, when other are not here, and that those who are posting aren't posting much more informative stuff.
Edoc'sil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives