Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Jonty, was my vote removed due to replacement or am I voteless?

All votes for vodean, we're not passed on to his replacement.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Hank44Soccer on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:If you vote for me you have a tiny penis!

That was really stupid...

Vote CM5
Cook Hank44Soccer

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:

Vote CM5

unvote vote hank, welcome to the game
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 am

thechuck51 wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:

Vote CM5

unvote vote hank, welcome to the game

Vote thechuck

For stealing my line, and not being shield.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 am

DoomYoshi (3) - rishaed; spiesr; edocsil
Kanin Usagi (2) - gregwolf121; crazymilkshake5
crazymilkshake5 (2) - Kanin Usagi; Hank44Soccer
Hank44Soccer (1) - thechuck51;
thechuck51 (1) - DoomYoshi;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Alright, gotta keep discussion happening or this Day will be a bust.
So let's see, we've got 12 players here. Assuming a straight breakdown with just town and a single scum faction (which I don't know if we can be confident about at this point in time) there would probably like 3 scum members right? Maybe 4? Do we think we can expect a single kill per night or is this going to a be very short? With the role supposed decidedly sort of randomly I don't realy know what to think about how this will all play out.

Anyhow, I still support DoomYoshi and the number one candidate at the moment.
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright, gotta keep discussion happening or this Day will be a bust.
So let's see, we've got 12 players here. Assuming a straight breakdown with just town and a single scum faction (which I don't know if we can be confident about at this point in time) there would probably like 3 scum members right? Maybe 4? Do we think we can expect a single kill per night or is this going to a be very short? With the role supposed decidedly sort of randomly I don't realy know what to think about how this will all play out.

Anyhow, I still support DoomYoshi and the number one candidate at the moment.

There's really no telling, but I would expect at least one third party as well. So maybe three/four scum, one third-party, and six/seven town?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Spiesr, at what point is it acceptable to advocate the lynch of an absentee player?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Vote thechuck

For stealing my line, and not being shield.

it was unintentional I assure you.

Vodean hasn't been on since January 6th. I think we should replace him,

Soundman, however, hasn't posted anything since his confirm but he has been active in other threads. I think we need to get him involved unvote vote soundman
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I second the replacement of Vodean, especially if he doesn't show up soon. I'll support the motion on soundman as well but don't think it requires my vote for it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm

rishaed wrote:I second the replacement of Vodean, especially if he doesn't show up soon. I'll support the motion on soundman as well but don't think it requires my vote for it.

He is already replaced...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:09 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Spiesr, at what point is it acceptable to advocate the lynch of an absentee player?
A straightforward question with few simple answers. This is going to depend significantly on the huge variety or situations that could come up in a mafia game. The most obvious example would be when there is enough "evidence" against said player that any replacement would have little hope of actually changing the result. (I don't feel what you had on Vodean was enough to qualify for this, even with the Day 1 allowance.) Another possibility is when finding a replacement is impossible for unlikely. (Clearly that wasn't the case this time.) Cases where a player is active enough to avoid replacement but still doesn't contribute anything could also fall under that logic. A third major category is when the game is so large and has so much inactivity that culling is necessary to make it playable again.
Beyond these general cases and laundry list of specific scenarios are sure to exist that could justify such an action. However, since they are mostly irrelevant to this game I won't try to list/come up with them, but rather just point out a little bit of why it bothered me this time. The justification you attached, arguing the Vodean had an above average chance of being scum, was, in my opinion, not that solid of reasoning. As such, to me, it felt like either going after and inactive for being inactive or just a shot in the dark. While neither of those are that terrible themselves, at least for Day 1, I felt that doing so against a player who would not respond would not result in the quality of discussion I would like to get out of this Day. The way I see it, if we had lynched Vodean without him being replaced or something and he came up town we would only have two potential ideas to work from tomorrow, barring night actions. Either go after someone who bandwagoned a little too carelessly, or go for the person who started the whole thing, you. Here's an idea we can just skip to that part right now. Anyhow, with this game being somewhat on the smaller side and the potentially dangerous setup, I am warry of anything that could us to mislynch two days in a row.
So, if you still feel attached to your idea about the pms with respect to Vodean, I encourage you to use it now while there is someone who can say something in defense, which I feel will give us better discussion than if had occurred without a replacement.
Well, good luck deciphering this rambling mess...
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:33 am

vodean was replaced by Hank44Soccer.

Prods are been sent to gregwolf121, Iron Butterfly and soundman
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 am

Easy to decipher spiesr.

Anyways, I generally agree with those situations. It wasn't a stab in the dark, I interpreted what jonty said as being unusual considering the timestamp on vodean's last visit. I interpreted this to mean only one thing - his pm was opened with another player. Since nobody else agrees with that interpretation, I am willing to drop it, but if hank flips scum later I will ROFL.

I want to stress that my case was based on something that jonty said, and that the fact that vodean was inactive was incidental to the case (although entirely part of why jonty said what he said).

Now, to the real meat of the question:

You want to target somebody who brings an inactive case (which was the smaller aspect of my case, I wouldn't honestly support a lynch on somebody for not confirming, you can check my meta for that). So, why not vote for the player who a)didn't notice the replacement and then started an inactive case or b) the player who blindly followed that case.

Spiesr, I don't want to pick on you, so:

Edoc: why are poor leaps of logic scummy, again?
rishaed: that's a double bandwagon on your part (me and then soundman)...

vote rishaed
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Easy to decipher spiesr.

Anyways, I generally agree with those situations. It wasn't a stab in the dark, I interpreted what jonty said as being unusual considering the timestamp on vodean's last visit. I interpreted this to mean only one thing - his pm was opened with another player. Since nobody else agrees with that interpretation, I am willing to drop it, but if hank flips scum later I will ROFL.

I want to stress that my case was based on something that jonty said, and that the fact that vodean was inactive was incidental to the case (although entirely part of why jonty said what he said).

You want to target somebody who brings an inactive case (which was the smaller aspect of my case, I wouldn't honestly support a lynch on somebody for not confirming, you can check my meta for that). So, why not vote for the player who a)didn't notice the replacement and then started an inactive case or b) the player who blindly followed that case.

vote rishaed

Could you explain how I BW'd soundman??? I never voted him thus never hopped on the BW lol...

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Easy to decipher spiesr.

vote rishaed

Could you explain how I BW'd soundman??? I never voted him thus never hopped on the BW lol...

So you didn't, but you did "support" that wagon.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Sure I support it but I don't feel that it is worth my vote, especially b/c it's D1 and I usually never strongly support a lynch D1. I just don't like mislyching ppl in this game. Maybe it'd look less scummy if I actually voted him, you are calling me scummy for BW'ing so it irrelevant at this point.

Postby soundman on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm here. Unvote Vote Rishaed. BWing is bad buddy. Especially when it's against me. ;)
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Wow. I really don't like how Rishaed is acting. Giving "support" to a case, but not voting. Seems like a sneaky way of hoping a townie would get lynched and then being able to say "Well I didn't vote, therefore its not my fault." And then skimming so badly that you he didn't even notice a post that the mod made.

Vote Rishaed. <----- That's how you do it. ;)
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:17 pm

spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Spiesr, at what point is it acceptable to advocate the lynch of an absentee player?
A straightforward question with few simple answers. This is going to depend significantly on the huge variety or situations that could come up in a mafia game. The most obvious example would be when there is enough "evidence" against said player that any replacement would have little hope of actually changing the result. (I don't feel what you had on Vodean was enough to qualify for this, even with the Day 1 allowance.) Another possibility is when finding a replacement is impossible for unlikely. (Clearly that wasn't the case this time.) Cases where a player is active enough to avoid replacement but still doesn't contribute anything could also fall under that logic. A third major category is when the game is so large and has so much inactivity that culling is necessary to make it playable again.
Beyond these general cases and laundry list of specific scenarios are sure to exist that could justify such an action. However, since they are mostly irrelevant to this game I won't try to list/come up with them, but rather just point out a little bit of why it bothered me this time. The justification you attached, arguing the Vodean had an above average chance of being scum, was, in my opinion, not that solid of reasoning. As such, to me, it felt like either going after and inactive for being inactive or just a shot in the dark. While neither of those are that terrible themselves, at least for Day 1, I felt that doing so against a player who would not respond would not result in the quality of discussion I would like to get out of this Day. The way I see it, if we had lynched Vodean without him being replaced or something and he came up town we would only have two potential ideas to work from tomorrow, barring night actions. Either go after someone who bandwagoned a little too carelessly, or go for the person who started the whole thing, you. Here's an idea we can just skip to that part right now. Anyhow, with this game being somewhat on the smaller side and the potentially dangerous setup, I am warry of anything that could us to mislynch two days in a row.
So, if you still feel attached to your idea about the pms with respect to Vodean, I encourage you to use it now while there is someone who can say something in defense, which I feel will give us better discussion than if had occurred without a replacement.
Well, good luck deciphering this rambling mess...

PLEASE,,please...please use paragraphs. The wall of text gives me a headache.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

As far as votes all I see is people second guessing each other with nothing substantial.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

For my Townie Defense I have this. . .
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=183503&start=30#p4022651]jokevote]
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh just a few corrections I was the FIRST one to vote you. How dare you say I BW'd you, it would have better to call it as an OMGUS, which would also have been dumb, incorrect, and a twisting of facts. And I think you indirectly advocated a Speed Lynch on Vodean on faulty logic. I think you slipped, and were looking for an easy target. Too bad you chose the wrong one.

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm

sorry, for not posting but here i am, personally im not a strong supporter of any of the cases, mostly cause they lack supstance, and i support the furthering of discussion during this game, i have noticed a few small things but nothing strong yet, and nothing warranting mention, although some what unrelated its funny how often we call out others for faults we are showing,

also unvote
Captain gregwolf121

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives