Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - Day 1 [16/16]

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm

sorry guys but... what the hell is the christmas magic? everyone is talking about is, is it game related or just flavour related?
Major betiko

Re: [Official] Rankin/Bass Holiday Mafia - FULL! [16/16]

Postby Nendreel on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm

@Betiko

pancakemix wrote:
Now, let me give an explanation of gift giving:

1. Certain players have the power to give out gifts. They may give these gifts to any player, including the mafia.
2. Once a player has 2 gifts, he/she may exchange them for a basic one-shot action (cop, doc, etc.). The cost to exchange for a basic one-shot increases by 1 for a player who makes an exchange (so if Player A exchanges for an action, he will have to pay 3 gifts the next time he wants to exchange. Player B, however, did not exchange, and will still only need 2).
3. If a player has 4 gifts, he/she can exchange for a Bit of Christmas Magic, which could be anything the player desires (that isn't gamebreaking). The cost to exchange for Christmas Magic increases by 2 for a player who makes an exchange.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 pm

@Betiko: A player won't know if they got the gifts until the night ends. Therefore, that player can't use the action until the next night. They can, however, make the exchange during the day. And no, they won't know the gifter.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Vote Count

Betiko - 2 (Mets, thechuck)
Mob - 2 (Kanin, NoS)
Mets - 1 (jonty)
superkeener - 1 (rishaed)
jonty - 1 (IB)
rishaed - 1 (edoc)
sound - 1 (spiesr)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline will be Jan 21 at 11:59 PM ET.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby rishaed on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm

if i left my vote on superkeener unvote but i was pretty sure that I unvoted.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:here is a question to everyone: if you guys get enough gifts for an action tonight, what would be the first type of action you would use?

Cop would be the most useful, but it might be a good idea to have a Doc action or two around as well.

I've been thinking about what to do if I can get some Christmas Magic, but haven't come up with very many ideas.

Yea, I have the same thoughts on the Christmas Magic - I can't think of what special stuff to do, though it does sound pretty powerful :? What kinda stuff would be considered gamebreaking or acceptable, do we have any examples?
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 pm

anamainiacks wrote:
Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:here is a question to everyone: if you guys get enough gifts for an action tonight, what would be the first type of action you would use?

Cop would be the most useful, but it might be a good idea to have a Doc action or two around as well.

I've been thinking about what to do if I can get some Christmas Magic, but haven't come up with very many ideas.

Yea, I have the same thoughts on the Christmas Magic - I can't think of what special stuff to do, though it does sound pretty powerful :? What kinda stuff would be considered gamebreaking or acceptable, do we have any examples?

Well, here's a non-game breaking one: Revive a deceased player. Make mislynches a little less painful.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 pm

unvote jonty

It was a joke vote
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 am

unvote as well..... I've got nothing to contribute this sucks :?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 am

I've thought about it a little more, and i am still in favor of a no lynch on D1.

Vote No Lynch
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 am

unvote my jokevote but I'm not willing to support a no lynch, at this stage of the day.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 am

superkeener wrote:I've thought about it a little more, and i am still in favor of a no lynch on D1.

Vote No Lynch

Didn't we spend quite a few posts discussing why we shouldn't be pushing for no lynch yet, or at least not until we've had more discussion? And yet, after all that was explained, you still want this? Would you care to explain your decision, since you didn't take part in that earlier debate either, despite MoB calling you out as setting off his scum-dar? FOS superkeener...
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 am

I did explain my position. Go back and check. But just to ease your minds then...

UNVOTE
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 pm

superkeener wrote:I did explain my position. Go back and check. But just to ease your minds then...

UNVOTE
Well then, who will you be voting for tomorrow then? If you don't know yet, what do you expect to change by Day 2 that will allow you to come to a decision?
jonty125 wrote:unvote my jokevote but I'm not willing to support a no lynch, at this stage of the day.
Unless you take a stand on an issue or come up with something soon you are effectively supporting a de facto no lynch.
Captain spiesr

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 pm

You say maybe a D1 lynch is good, and then 1 post later vote for no lynch?

superkeener wrote:Maybe a D1 lynch is good, but somehow I guess I just don't have enough to go on right now to just send a random person to the wolves. I never like to compare any mafia game to another as I typically give everyone the benefit of doubt in D1 unless there is something that grabs my attention.

Nothing has grabbed my attention just yet, but I am still open for a D1 lynch if evidence arises

How do you expect anything to grab your attention if we just call it quits and vote for no lynch??

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:You say maybe a D1 lynch is good, and then 1 post later vote for no lynch?

superkeener wrote:Maybe a D1 lynch is good, but somehow I guess I just don't have enough to go on right now to just send a random person to the wolves. I never like to compare any mafia game to another as I typically give everyone the benefit of doubt in D1 unless there is something that grabs my attention.

Nothing has grabbed my attention just yet, but I am still open for a D1 lynch if evidence arises

How do you expect anything to grab your attention if we just call it quits and vote for no lynch??

I'd say he has succeeded. Just by the act of posting the no lynch vote, he has generated a conversation that we can potentially mine for information later. For example, your response to it will be noted, and as will my response to you, in a meta sense. Posting no lynch is not always just being defeatist and waiting for D2 to come; it can generate interesting results in the way people perceive it. Even if everyone voted no lynch, there would still be information there -- some of the people early on are more likely to be mafia, I would imagine, even if there's no way to be certain.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Right..... but I am pretty confident he didnt cast a vote on No Lynch to spur discussion.... It seems like to me he was like ehh no one seems suspicious lets just not lynch today..

Postby superkeener on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Right..... but I am pretty confident he didnt cast a vote on No Lynch to spur discussion.... It seems like to me he was like ehh no one seems suspicious lets just not lynch today..

Actually it was to see if anything would arise from a No Lynch vote, which some dialogue did begin, hence my quick unvote. Not that I am completely convinced that a no lynch is useless on D1, I am honestly undecided.
Basically other than the no lynch vs. lynch for D1 discussion, everything else has been mostly semantics and loose interpretation of the "Gift giving" aspect of this game. Reactions to anything at anytime are always good to have, for now or in the coming days.

What else can we discuss?
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby superkeener on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:23 am

damn, I think I killed this thread...
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 am

Hmm. Not much cooking.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 am

jonty125 wrote:Hmm. Not much cooking.

True that. Going back to what Superkeener said, about the speculation of the gift giving mechanics. I think that i could be possible that your "gift givers" might be otherwise VT's, and those who cannot give gifts are the PR's in this game. I could be wrong, but that would be my speculation. Another thought would be if the gifts have different abilities in and of themselves, but that makes no sense with the exchangement system of the gifts. :-s There are quite a few possible scenarios that this could go down.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

rishaed wrote:

True that. Going back to what Superkeener said, about the speculation of the gift giving mechanics. I think that i could be possible that your "gift givers" might be otherwise VT's, and those who cannot give gifts are the PR's in this game.

I would agree

rishaed wrote:Another thought would be if the gifts have different abilities in and of themselves, but that makes no sense with the exchangement system of the gifts.

I would say the gifts could be converted into anything.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nendreel on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 am

rishaed wrote:

True that. Going back to what Superkeener said, about the speculation of the gift giving mechanics. I think that i could be possible that your "gift givers" might be otherwise VT's, and those who cannot give gifts are the PR's in this game. I could be wrong, but that would be my speculation.

I don't think your wrong about this. It would make sense that there are some power roles floating around in case the gift givers got killed quickly.

[/quote]
Another thought would be if the gifts have different abilities in and of themselves, but that makes no sense with the exchangement system of the gifts. :-s There are quite a few possible scenarios that this could go down.[/quote]

I doubt the presents would have an ability themselves, otherwise there'd be no reason to cash them in. Would you give up two(+) abilities to get a one-shot?
Maybe if they were crappy abilities :lol:
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby edocsil on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 am

Nendreel wrote:
rishaed wrote:

True that. Going back to what Superkeener said, about the speculation of the gift giving mechanics. I think that i could be possible that your "gift givers" might be otherwise VT's, and those who cannot give gifts are the PR's in this game. I could be wrong, but that would be my speculation.

I don't think your wrong about this. It would make sense that there are some power roles floating around in case the gift givers got killed quickly.

Another thought would be if the gifts have different abilities in and of themselves, but that makes no sense with the exchangement system of the gifts. :-s There are quite a few possible scenarios that this could go down.[/quote]

I doubt the presents would have an ability themselves, otherwise there'd be no reason to cash them in. Would you give up two(+) abilities to get a one-shot?
Maybe if they were crappy abilities :lol:[/quote]

If I could be a reviver? f*ck YEAH
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Okay we seem to have reached an impasse. There is just over 2 day left before the end of the Day, nobody has more than two votes, no good cases exist, and discussion has stalled. The way I see it our options are limited. Here are a few things that we could try:
[*]Shamelessly bandwagon somebody who has votes for the sake of forcing a claim.
[*]Accept the inevitable no lynch.
[*]Carry on as we have.
[*]Pick out the person who has been most useless so far and they to lynch them to cull dead weight.
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives