Conquer Club

Conquer Club Pre-paid Cards

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Conquer Club Pre-paid Cards

Postby jak111 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Concise description:
  • Pre-paid cards for premium membership of Conquer Club.

Specifics/Details:
  • Pre-paid cards distributed to national/international stores for people to buy.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • For those who do not use credit cards or online methods to buy online gaming memberships (like myself) being given the ability to guy a Conquer Club Premium membership with convenience.

So the above is just the guideline filler, but basically pre-paid cards are becoming popular for many gaming sites across the internet. If you go into Wally world (Wal-Mart) and proceed to the gaming/movie section there are stacks and stacks of different pre-paid cards to buy for a set amount of money for a set amount of membership/credits/items/etc. Stores use them as well as "gift cards" (although some gift cards can add/remove money from them, most are at a set amount to use).

Perhaps this idea has come up before and perhaps it has crossed your minds already, but even just distributing to 1 or 2 different stores nationally/internationally would be enough for people to be able to buy them.

This is not the only solution to the problem if cost of production/distribution compared to the profit that it brings is too much. Use another online site (such as Amazon.ca and Amazon.com) in which people can already buy pre-paid cards for and exchange the money from the cards for a code to put into a card code section.

Now maybe I'm under thinking this and making it easier in my head than it actually is, but I believe the outcome would benefit a good percent of freemiums that wish to buy membership that do not wish to use any credit-card information online.

Anyone see a problem with this suggestion? 8-)
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Conquer Club Pre-paid Cards

Postby Little Witt on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:11 am

Nope
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby jak111 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Haha, looks like no one so far has a problem with the idea. Production and distribution I believe would be the biggest concerns with it but I'm sure enough people would buy them to make up for the costs.

It actually might even bring in a few more players because they will see the cards in store and think "Hmm, what is that game" they will search it up and hopefully not get too bored with the 24 hour turns (which if they buy the cards they will be premium and can have 5 minute turn games to keep them interested).
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Instead of actual cards, it'd probably make more sense to do what Amazon does with gift certificates essentially. They provide you a little "card" that you can print, with a redeemable special code, that you could then mail or e-mail to someone. So when the person goes to purchase Premium Membership, or a Conquer Cup entry, they can input their special code, and their balance will be updated until there is nothing left.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jak111 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:30 pm

That sounds good as well. Just something that's convenient to non credit card users would be nice to see ^^
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Instead of actual cards, it'd probably make more sense to do what Amazon does with gift certificates essentially. They provide you a little "card" that you can print, with a redeemable special code, that you could then mail or e-mail to someone. So when the person goes to purchase Premium Membership, or a Conquer Cup entry, they can input their special code, and their balance will be updated until there is nothing left.

--Andy

One benefit of the actual cards is the pure advertising factor; it could inform people in retail stores about the existence of a site that they did not even know about.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Instead of actual cards, it'd probably make more sense to do what Amazon does with gift certificates essentially. They provide you a little "card" that you can print, with a redeemable special code, that you could then mail or e-mail to someone. So when the person goes to purchase Premium Membership, or a Conquer Cup entry, they can input their special code, and their balance will be updated until there is nothing left.

--Andy

One benefit of the actual cards is the pure advertising factor; it could inform people in retail stores about the existence of a site that they did not even know about.

I don't think it is economical, even if you factor in the advertising factor.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

--Andy

--Andy

Obviously certain demographics play games like this more than others. You'd want to aim for those. At least try it in a handful of stores where demographics are a little stronger to see how it goes.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

--Andy

--Andy

I completely agree. CC is probably not large enough to make producing these cards and distributing them net profitable. Then again, sometimes you pay for advertising without necessarily expecting to make a direct profit from it; the advertising itself can have indirect effects that help you later on through name recognition.

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

--Andy

--Andy

I completely agree. CC is probably not large enough to make producing these cards and distributing them net profitable. Then again, sometimes you pay for advertising without necessarily expecting to make a direct profit from it; the advertising itself can have indirect effects that help you later on through name recognition.

I'm liking the special code part of things especially... Also listing this on amazon or similar will also provide some good advertising as well.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby jak111 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 pm

I know I'd buy membership if it was easily available, but I get that we need to find a bigger group then just me and a few others on here that'd agree.

The idea from patricka is nice where we could test to see if it'd be worth what it'd cost.

But I think the most profitable for Conquer Club as a company/organization is to make codes that you sell on an existing site (such as Amazon) and do that. The only cost would be I believe the programming of each code to work with a one time sort of thing and making the codes to sell. I could be wrong there but the only other thing it'd cost that I can think of would be time in creating the program and distributing the codes accordingly to each person who buys one.

While the cards weren't the strongest part of my idea, the risk vs the reward isn't something to be overlooked neither. Conquer Club has been dwindling in the amount of people there once were years ago. Perhaps some advertising would not hurt. Considering I only found this site years back through my want to play Risk and having no one to play with in real life ^^ so I searched site upon site till I tumbled across this one.

As far as the actual advertising I think just seeing the name out there would be quite good for gaining more people and more members. ^^. All a matter of risk vs reward and whether it's worth it.

Also it is not just new players, we could have a poll of the freemiums and see how many would buy premium if either of these options were available, like for example the poll could be set up something like this:
"Would you buy premium if it was sold in..."
  • Pre-paid Cards
  • Online Code (Amazon, etc)
  • Either
  • Neither

That's just running one idea through of how it could start. Because I'm just one person, I'd do either of the ways, but unless we had more that would do it as well I can see why it wouldn't be worth the time/money to produce.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:57 pm

jak111 wrote:But I think the most profitable for Conquer Club as a company/organization is to make codes that you sell on an existing site (such as Amazon) and do that. The only cost would be I believe the programming of each code to work with a one time sort of thing and making the codes to sell. I could be wrong there but the only other thing it'd cost that I can think of would be time in creating the program and distributing the codes accordingly to each person who buys one.

Is this intended to be marketed to the demographic that is wary of using their credit card online, but is willing to use it on large sites such as Amazon? If so, how large is this demographic? How much does Amazon (or whatever site does this) take off the top of such a purchase?

Postby jak111 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 pm

^ Read the last bit of the post. I do not know how many here would buy it, I know I personally would and there seem to be a few that agree/support it in this topic, but a poll would be useful in finding out how many exactly would be interested in it if it were to be made.

As far as Amazon/other sites go with charging. I do not know.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/seller-account/ ... =200341890
"+ referral fee" According to them if you're selling 20 or under items a month 1.49$ per sale. Or more than 20 (unlimited) 29.99$ monthly. The referral fee seems to be about 15% of product price.

It may not be the best way to go but it could get some sales out there. Although looking at their prices it may also be a good idea to hold it on special months to reduce the monthly fee worry. (Ex: sell codes during June and December and only pay for 2 months a year of the Amazon pricing).

Though I think it'd be better hearing ideas from more people because again I may not hold the best solution to it.

But with 15% referral fee and the price per month the price for codes would reasonably be 30$. Taking the referral fee from that would net 25.50$ and all Conquer Club would have to do to net regular + money would be to sell 60 codes a month.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Return to Suggestions