Conquer Club

NFL Playoffs: A Nawlins Bro Bowl

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NFL Playoffs: Conference Championship Sunday

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Niners will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. Sorry Strike.

The Patriots are pure evil, but my gut says Ravens. All-Harbaugh Super Bowl?

3 of the 4 teams in the Conference Championships were there last year. So much for parity in the NFL.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby oVo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm

I honestly believe any one of these four teams can win it all
and the Ravens defense just might slow down the Tom Brady
express enough to get 'er dun tomorrow.

The extra motivation is definitely there for all of 'em after
getting so close last season and coming up short.
Major oVo

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Matt Ryan has two turnovers as the refs screw over Atlanta over twice to give SF a trip to the Super Bowl.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby IcePack on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice seeing the 49'ers in the bowl :)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Pats RB got KOed a few minutes ago. Lowered his head at the wrong time, and collided helmet to helmet with a Ravens defender. He's done for the day.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby oVo on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 am

Home teams lay goose eggs in the second half
and the Harbaughs prevail.

Atlanta got off to another quick start and let it slip away,
while Flacco started slow and finished hot.

It should be a good Super Bowl in two weeks.
Major oVo

Re: NFL Playoffs: A Nawlins Bro Bowl

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm

I was hoping Atlanta got into the Super Bowl, as I would've actively cheered for them in the game, since they were the only remaining team I'd throw my support behind. Now I'll probably just cheer against the 49ers since I've never been a big fan of Jim Harbaugh, and suppose it would be nice to see Ray Lewis get another superbowl as he ends his career.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby xeno on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 am

I can't say for sure but something bad is planned for roger Goodell. He better be wearing a bullet proof jacket were pissed the f*ck off here at the nfl with good reason. You assclowns have ignored the injustices imparted on my team all year down with the nfl!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm

I went to the Pats v Ravens fixture, great day out as a neutral, not so great for the Patriots fans I was standing with... bloomin' cold.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:02 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I was hoping Atlanta got into the Super Bowl, as I would've actively cheered for them in the game, since they were the only remaining team I'd throw my support behind. Now I'll probably just cheer against the 49ers since I've never been a big fan of Jim Harbaugh, and suppose it would be nice to see Ray Lewis get another superbowl as he ends his career.

--Andy

Luck Atlanta didn't make it to the Superbowl. There would of been riots here if those dirty birds came to the dome. Specially after they egged our bus in Atlanta. :D
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby xeno on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 am

There's going to be a demand for answers from Roger faildell. He doesn't dismantle New Orleans during the prime of their franchise as an example for dirty hits and get away with it. The New Orleans fans are treated as second class citizens by the nfl because we are a small market for them.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Neoteny on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 am

Get over it, bro.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby xeno on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 am

Neoteny wrote:Get over it, bro.

My post was factual as written. The issue is also more complicated than you suggest, because the claims by the NFL were indeed unsubstantiated when they were put into headlines as if they were facts.

Case in point: There still exists in Nola.com archives a headline of James Varney's saying the Saints had at least $35,000 bounty on Brett Favre. The NFL had never even made that claim, and at a later stage backed down to $5,000 after Joe Vitt demanded a lie detector test. All I'm saying is that headlines should be accurate as to facts that will stand up in a court of law, not in a court of Goodell, where he is the judge, jury, and wanted to be the appellete court.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 pm

xeno wrote:There's going to be a demand for answers from Roger faildell. He doesn't dismantle New Orleans during the prime of their franchise as an example for dirty hits and get away with it. The New Orleans fans are treated as second class citizens by the nfl because we are a small market for them.

New Orleans wouldn't have Saints probably without Goodell, since he made sure they went back to the city after Katrina. Most reputable sport sources seem to agree on this.

So maybe he's like a net zero now, a knock against him and something for him.

--Andy

Postby xeno on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
xeno wrote:There's going to be a demand for answers from Roger faildell. He doesn't dismantle New Orleans during the prime of their franchise as an example for dirty hits and get away with it. The New Orleans fans are treated as second class citizens by the nfl because we are a small market for them.

New Orleans wouldn't have Saints probably without Goodell, since he made sure they went back to the city after Katrina. Most reputable sport sources seem to agree on this.

So maybe he's like a net zero now, a knock against him and something for him.

--Andy

That or Jerry jones being the real silent savior in that deal not allowing a second team from San Antonio to bite into his Texas football monopoly. He made sure the saints didn't cross the border and after drew Brees arrived New Orleans showed just how much support there is here for a winning team.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am

I had a dream, and noticed the score of the superbowl in it. It was either SF 34 - 10 BAL or SF 34 - 7 BAL. But I hope it is a better game than either of those.

--Andy

Postby oVo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 pm

When the Saints won it they took a huge risk opening the second half with an onside kick that denied Peyton Manning an extra possession.

I'm anticipating a conservative approach early on since this year's teams both have excellent defenses and I expect it to be a very tight game. On paper the Niners seem to have an edge, but the Raven's D can negate that. So there's a lot riding on the performance of both quarterbacks and without turnovers it should go right down to the wire, with both coaches being satisfied if the score is close going into the fourth quarter.

Don't know what the point spread is, but I doubt it's much either way and I won't be surprised if the outcome is determined by field goals.
Major oVo

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,