Conquer Club

Stack Limits?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Stack Limits?

Postby Lord_Bremen on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 am

[Q&A]

Is there any way to create games with stack limits on here? Much more fun than unlimited.

FAQ - http://www.conquerclub.com/eticket/index.php
Instructions - http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions1
Rules - http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=rules
Community Guidelines - viewtopic.php?t=7785

[/Q&A]
Major Lord_Bremen

Re: Stack Limits?

Postby spiesr on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm

This is not an option right now.
If you want to have this option be available in the future you should post in this suggestion thread.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:50 pm

spiesr wrote:This is not an option right now.
If you want to have this option be available in the future you should post in this suggestion thread.

Great answer! :D
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:29 am

No point in posting in an archived suggestion thread, he should make a new thread, with a slightly different suggestion.

Which he could do here:
viewforum.php?f=4
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 am

Gillipig wrote:

No point in posting in an archived suggestion thread, he should make a new thread, with a slightly different suggestion.

Which he could do here:
viewforum.php?f=4

No. That's completely wrong. If you want to suggest something and a thread is already there, then post in it. Threads can be moved out of archives.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 am

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Which he could do here:
viewforum.php?f=4

No. That's completely wrong. If you want to suggest something and a thread is already there, then post in it. Threads can be moved out of archives.

But they usually aren't. If he want to suggest something and be taken seriously he need to modify the old suggestion somewhat, and if he does that, it's no longer the same suggestion and should have it's own thread.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am

Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Which he could do here:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

But they usually aren't. If he want to suggest something and be taken seriously he need to modify the old suggestion somewhat, and if he does that, it's no longer the same suggestion and should have it's own thread.

I'm a mod in that area and I am letting you know that's how we prefer it. We don't want multiple threads for the same thing. We can edit the OP as the discussion goes in a different direction. If that thread gets going again, I'll gladly move it back from archives. :D
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:59 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Which he could do here:
viewforum.php?f=4

I'm a mod in that area and I am letting you know that's how we prefer it. We don't want multiple threads for the same thing. We can edit the OP as the discussion goes in a different direction. If that thread gets going again, I'll gladly move it back from archives. :D

I'm speaking from the users perspective and I'm telling you how it works. If he wants attention for his suggestion, posting in an archived thread is not the way to get it! Because people don't go lurking in there. Besides, I never said he should interfere with this:
chapcrap wrote:We don't want multiple threads for the same thing.

I said he should modify the suggestion and make a new thread.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Which he could do here:
viewforum.php?f=4

I'm speaking from the users perspective and I'm telling you how it works. If he wants attention for his suggestion, posting in an archived thread is not the way to get it! Because people don't go lurking in there. Besides, I never said he should interfere with this:
chapcrap wrote:We don't want multiple threads for the same thing.

I said he should modify the suggestion and make a new thread.

Obviously the old suggestion was archived so it was never going to fly. Only a new improved suggestion could stand a chance to be implemented. Unless you want to tell me that you discard suggestions prematurely.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Gillipig wrote:Obviously the old suggestion was archived so it was never going to fly. Only a new improved suggestion could stand a chance to be implemented. Unless you want to tell me that you discard suggestions prematurely.

When suggestions die, they go to archived because people stop caring enough to continue the discussion. Archived is not Rejected. There are separate forums for each. Archived threads are ALL up for grabs and can be moved back to Suggestions.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:35 am

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Obviously the old suggestion was archived so it was never going to fly. Only a new improved suggestion could stand a chance to be implemented. Unless you want to tell me that you discard suggestions prematurely.

When suggestions die, they go to archived because people stop caring enough to continue the discussion. Archived is not Rejected. There are separate forums for each. Archived threads are ALL up for grabs and can be moved back to Suggestions.

We have just changed around the hierarchy of that forum. Chap is correct here. We have put most old suggestions in "Archived." This label indicates that they are not rejected, which is what the "Rejected Suggestions" forum is for.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Jippd on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 pm

I see what gillipeg is saying though.

So you mean to tell me as mods if someone posts an updated thought in an archived thread you will move it out of archived into suggestions because of that one post?

Because if you don't then as gillipeg says nobody else will see it and the idea may not get the exposure that it deserves. I have never once checked an archived forum since I have been on CC.
Major Jippd

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 am

Jippd wrote:I see what gillipeg is saying though.

So you mean to tell me as mods if someone posts an updated thought in an archived thread you will move it out of archived into suggestions because of that one post?

Because if you don't then as gillipeg says nobody else will see it and the idea may not get the exposure that it deserves. I have never once checked an archived forum since I have been on CC.

Yes, that's what I'm saying and that's what I did.

Start checking Archives. ;)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Jippd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:45 am

well if you do that then I agree there is nothing wrong with posting in archives. I shouldn't be spending any time on these forums at all I can't add more to my to check list.
Major Jippd

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:46 am

Jippd wrote:well if you do that then I agree there is nothing wrong with posting in archives. I shouldn't be spending any time on these forums at all I can't add more to my to check list.

:lol:

I understand that.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Conquer Club Discussion