Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Ronaldinho named in Brazil squad by Scolari.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:Ronaldinho named in Brazil squad by Scolari.

really? when I was in brazil in november I saw a game between atletico mineiro and flamengo, didn't even realize ronaldinho wasn't anymore playing for flamengo. bah he's pretty much done! won't play a lot with plaers such as Lucas Moura.
Major betiko

Postby nagerous on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Hazard sent off for kicking a ball boy in the ribs. Oh dear.
Captain nagerous

Postby Royal Panda on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm

nagerous wrote:Hazard sent off for kicking a ball boy in the ribs. Oh dear.

As a Reading fan, delighted he'll be missing the match against us. As a football fan, the ball boy had it coming, and a shame he wasn't kicked harder.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

just watched. hazard just tries to take the ball back from the young sheep shagger cause the twat is doing something totally inapropriate. Like if it was a melee or as if he were part of the team, f*ck him i hope it hurted him and he won t do it again. but of course, blame it on the footballer trying to get the ball back.
Major betiko

Postby CBlake on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 pm

betiko wrote:just watched. hazard just tries to take the ball back from the young sheep shagger cause the twat is doing something totally inapropriate. Like if it was a melee or as if he were part of the team, f*ck him i hope it hurted him and he won t do it again. but of course, blame it on the footballer trying to get the ball back.

I would hardly call that kicking him, the intent to injure wasn't there, he was genuinely trying to get the ball back and that only.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Was Inzaghi just as "lucky" as Chicharito?

I say "lucky" because it has to be more than luck.

Those goals should have a name now, Chicharazos.

What other players had similar play, that appear they weren't good players but scored many goals at top level and many of those ina rather lucky way?

Someone mentioned to me that Raul was similar, but I don't think so, Raul had better technique. Raul was the soul of RM for many years.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:57 pm

nietzsche wrote:Was Inzaghi just as "lucky" as Chicharito?

What other players had similar play, that appear they weren't good players but scored many goals at top level and many of those ina rather lucky way?

Someone mentioned to me that Raul was similar, but I don't think so, Raul had better technique. Raul was the soul of RM for many years.

Man U are certainly blessed in the attacking forwards department right now. They just need to sure up their defence and the title is theirs for the taking. Rio is passed it now, someone like Shawcross would be a quality signing but he has pledged his future to Stoke.
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:13 pm

I remember this guy called Julio Salinas playing for Barcelona then Sporting Gijon (early 90s). Terrible technique, but always where the ball landed so he just had to push it, and he always scored tons of goals.
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm

betiko wrote:

I remember this guy called Julio Salinas playing for Barcelona then Sporting Gijon (early 90s). Terrible technique, but always where the ball landed so he just had to push it, and he always scored tons of goals.

I think it's still good technique to predict where the ball would land though ;)

not that I know Salinas or i'm defending him... rebound was one of Crespon's amazing techniques.. hence he was called "Scorpion" :P
Captain Pirlo

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 pm

and Drogba signed for galatasaray!

hey hard attack, wouldn't mind if you could give some news about sneijder and drogba, very curious to know if they're doing well in your club! Drogba is a legend in Marseille.

oh and no one commented on anelka who signed for the juventus. I hope the bus from the juventus runs over him so he could end up in a wheelchair. this guy is the worse thing in football.
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 am

betiko wrote:and Drogba signed for galatasaray!

hey hard attack, wouldn't mind if you could give some news about sneijder and drogba, very curious to know if they're doing well in your club! Drogba is a legend in Marseille.

oh and no one commented on anelka who signed for the juventus. I hope the bus from the juventus runs over him so he could end up in a wheelchair. this guy is the worse thing in football.

drogba is a legend, signed up for galatasaray and i am more than happy :)
well, he has not yet played for galatasaray but he is in africa right now in national team for ivory coast.
schalke, get ready, cimcom stepping through germany :D
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby nagerous on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Both good players but limited resale value and both coming to the conclusion of careers
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm

nagerous wrote:Both good players but limited resale value and both coming to the conclusion of careers

sneijder is only 28,that's not what i would call the conclusion of his career, he still has 4/5 years, drogba is. resale value? who cares! drogba probably didn't cost a penny anyways and i don't think they bought sneijder too expensive. a football team isn't about being arsenal, only think about the future and never about the present. you end up never winning anything.
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:34 am

betiko wrote:
nagerous wrote:Both good players but limited resale value and both coming to the conclusion of careers

sneijder is only 28,that's not what i would call the conclusion of his career, he still has 4/5 years, drogba is. resale value? who cares! drogba probably didn't cost a penny anyways and i don't think they bought sneijder too expensive. a football team isn't about being arsenal, only think about the future and never about the present. you end up never winning anything.

well, about sjneider, i disagree with nagerous, but i guess he is speaking of catching zero use first hand virgin talent, if so then yes sjneider is not there...

well, galatasaray had transferred george hagi, popescu, taffarel all at their 30+ ages, they all played for the team for around or more than 4 years and galatasaray got some reasonable success in international arena never had thus before.

sjneider, i hope he happens to put his full in the team, then a very good transfer and like betiko said, a bit of expensive, i ll agree...
but galatasaray got/made some finance from champions league pulling its name in last 32, and i believe with these additions raised chances to jump into quarter finals, which in return additional good amonth of finance...

not looking this season only, but next season, galatasaray will pull up the group stage to make more money out of it... once all these aspects considered, then these transfers are not for nothing but they prolly will finance themselves with promotions/wins in european arena.

drogba, i think football has changed some, not old days but now ambitious players can hit 38-39 maybe...i remember some african, camerun player once used to be a legend and used to have a nick name, african lion, camerun those years had these players most of them to be old but played like stars...well, drogba and his very well real big exprience is enough for the league, and will sure add in champions league...

my only doubt is, the harmony, the adaptation period, i hope they fit in the team pretty quick in a month even less. =D>
galatasaray did not pay a peny to the club drogba s coming from but to himself only.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 am

are you talking about the legend Roger Milla? :)
I think he was like 38 in the US world cup 94!

anyway fresh news, Beckham just signed for the PSG! what a joke, it kind of made sense last year, but now? anyway, I love this guy, such a great professional. I don't know what kind of football he has left though..
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:34 am

betiko wrote:are you talking about the legend Roger Milla? :)

anyway fresh news, Beckham just signed for the PSG! what a joke, it kind of made sense last year, but now? anyway, I love this guy, such a great professional. I don't know what kind of football he has left though..

roger milla it is :)
well, beckham, good catch =D>
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 am

HardAttack wrote:

actually just looked, Roger Milla is from 52 so he was actually 42 in the US 94 world cup lol. he even scored that year, and after looking at his wiki, he has the record of the oldest guy to score in a world cup lol.
So he was 38 when they reached quarter finals in italy 90!
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 am

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:

actually just looked, Roger Milla is from 52 so he was actually 42 in the US 94 world cup lol. he even scored that year, and after looking at his wiki, he has the record of the oldest guy to score in a world cup lol.
So he was 38 when they reached quarter finals in italy 90!

a rumour, but i dont believe to be any true,
some say he still is playing in one of english leagues :lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 am

so, he is 61 years old now, still playing and scored in last weeks game :shock:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 am

HardAttack wrote:so, he is 61 years old now, still playing and scored in last weeks game :shock:

??? on his wiki it says his last team was in indonesia in 1996 (23 goals in 23 games). where did you see he's still plaing??
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am

betiko wrote:
HardAttack wrote:so, he is 61 years old now, still playing and scored in last weeks game :shock:

??? on his wiki it says his last team was in indonesia in 1996 (23 goals in 23 games). where did you see he's still plaing??

having fun out of it mate :D
:lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 pm

HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:

having fun out of it mate :D
:lol:

well i guess he could still play in 10th division somewhere! ;)
Major betiko

Postby nagerous on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:07 am

Went to the England, Brazil game yesterday. Was quality, fantastic atmosphere and 2-1 win for England to boot. Neymar who? :D
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 am

nagerous wrote:Went to the England, Brazil game yesterday. Was quality, fantastic atmosphere and 2-1 win for England to boot. Neymar who? :D

well done!

we lost against the germans but it was close... :( germany hadn't beaten us since 1987 so angela merkel was pretty happy!
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,