Conquer Club

[Official] Holiday Mafia - Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] R/B Holiday Mafia - Day 2 [15/16] Run Run Rud

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:28 am

betiko wrote:I don't want this to end up like day 1, and we have to lynch someone anyway today.

Alright, then how about this for a case: spiesr is Third Party.

I investigated him last night. I wanted to gauge town's reaction on TPs before exposing my role with someone who may not be a threat, especially if someone else found mafia, but most players have already posted today and nobody else seems to have gained any information.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 am

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't want this to end up like day 1, and we have to lynch someone anyway today.

I investigated him last night. I wanted to gauge town's reaction on TPs before exposing my role with someone who may not be a threat, especially if someone else found mafia, but most players have already posted today and nobody else seems to have gained any information.

fair enough, see, we're getting somewhere moving chips! ;)

unvote, vote spiesr
Major betiko

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 am

Nendreel wrote:

Well that escalated quickly... hahaha. Your account does seem to hold water, especially since it explains why you suddenly even threw out the possibility of an SK in the first place :P I'm not very familiar with third parties though - what other types of 3rd party roles are there besides an SK?

And I'd like to see what spiesr says in defense/response before I cast any vote.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:50 am

Just realized I hadn't voted. Derp.

vote spiesr
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Nendreel on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am

anamainiacks wrote:Well that escalated quickly... hahaha. Your account does seem to hold water, especially since it explains why you suddenly even threw out the possibility of an SK in the first place :P I'm not very familiar with third parties though - what other types of 3rd party roles are there besides an SK?

Aside from SK, the most common Third Party role is Survivor. As long as they are alive at the end of the game, they win.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 am

anamainiacks wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

Well that escalated quickly... hahaha. Your account does seem to hold water, especially since it explains why you suddenly even threw out the possibility of an SK in the first place :P I'm not very familiar with third parties though - what other types of 3rd party roles are there besides an SK?

And I'd like to see what spiesr says in defense/response before I cast any vote.

the more votes on spiesr the the more pressure on his back. He could be survivor, cult recruiter or anything like that. It takes 8 votes to lynch and he's at 2 now, so no need for cold feet. Now basically spiesr has to make a good case on someone, or he will be lynched. We'd rather kill a mafia over a third party, but we'd rather kill a third party over a random person. Aslo we need to test if nendreel is in fact a cop.
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 am

vote spiesr Third party is almost never good.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby superkeener on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:09 am

Let's get this ball rolling. I am not trying to bandwagon but I will unvote if he can convince me otherwise

vote spiesr
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby superkeener on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:12 am

oh and...
If nan is going to out himself as the cop, then we must be sure of that asap, that is also why I am voting for spiesr
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am

Should've thought of that, testing whether Nendreel is the cop... haha. Vote spiesr.

(If Nendreel is right, I hope the doctor knows what to do at night!)
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 am

anamainiacks wrote:Should've thought of that, testing whether Nendreel is the cop... haha. Vote spiesr.

(If Nendreel is right, I hope the doctor knows what to do at night!)

and the watcher. would be actually cool if mafia targeted nendreel tonight, we would know who to lynch the next day.
Major betiko

Postby superkeener on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 am

I like this. Action... starting to get interesting now.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 am

I'm putting him at L-2. He could be a plethora of roles, and 3rd party isn't necessarily good for town.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Nendreel wrote:
Throwing me under the bus as soon as someone votes you eh? Well, at least your information is correct. I am a 3rd Party role. Not sure why there was so much of a bandwagon right after you guys came to the general consensus that there likely is not an SK in this game. (SK being the go to 3rd party role that is actually a threat to the town.) So, what, do you guys think I am cult or something? All the other common third party roles aren't exactly a direct threat to the town.

And neither am I. What I am is Mr. White Christmas, Mr. 10 Below. As the Snow Miser my goals are different than the town, but not necessarily incompatible with theirs. I want to survive this game and prevent the Heat Miser from doing the same.

As town, you guys could lynch me today, but it would be a poor choice on your part. I would be dead and the Heat Miser would win. The town will be in a real thought situation come Day 3 if you go with that. So, would you like to move on to other targets now? I am willing to cooperate with the town to the extent that is doesn't interfere with my win condition. I can give you the Heat Miser's name if you think it would be helpful. He should be able to back up my story, although he wouldn't necessarily want to.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nendreel wrote:
Throwing me under the bus as soon as someone votes you eh? Well, at least your information is correct. I am a 3rd Party role. Not sure why there was so much of a bandwagon right after you guys came to the general consensus that there likely is not an SK in this game. (SK being the go to 3rd party role that is actually a threat to the town.) So, what, do you guys think I am cult or something? All the other common third party roles aren't exactly a direct threat to the town.

And neither am I. What I am is Mr. White Christmas, Mr. 10 Below. As the Snow Miser my goals are different than the town, but not necessarily incompatible with theirs. I want to survive this game and prevent the Heat Miser from doing the same.

As town, you guys could lynch me today, but it would be a poor choice on your part. I would be dead and the Heat Miser would win. The town will be in a real thought situation come Day 3 if you go with that. So, would you like to move on to other targets now? I am willing to cooperate with the town to the extent that is doesn't interfere with my win condition. I can give you the Heat Miser's name if you think it would be helpful. He should be able to back up my story, although he wouldn't necessarily want to.

I have already explained our situation. There is no "no lynch" possible today and we have no other leads. You have no choice but to tell us more about that heat miser because you can be certain we will lynch a third party rather than an town i we don't have a better option.
Major betiko

Postby superkeener on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Here is excerpt from the Snow Miser's song (found on wikipedia), maybe it gives us clues to his role.
"Friends call me Snow Miser,
Whatever I touch
Turns to snow in my clutch!
I'm too much."

The heat miser's song is basically the same except "Whatever I touch, Starts to melt in my clutch."

Can we have one without the other?

But... I totally agree with Betiko and we must have a lynch in D2.
Lieutenant superkeener

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Give us the heat miser's name and I won't put my vote on you.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

This is a strong argument. If no one is convinced that spiesr is a SK, then what do we gain by lynching him? The only thing I can think of is that it would validate the cop claim. Is that enough of a reason?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Okay, then Ill catch up tonight when I get home most likely lol.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 pm

I don't see how he could know who it is anyway, would be too easy for him if his WC would be to kill the heat miser and he just had the nameof the player in his role PM... but if he has a good case on someone I'm ready to listen.

fastposted.

mets, no lynch is no longer an option acording to PCM at the end of day 1. we gain lynching a role that is not 100% in town's interest rather than a town unless you got something better.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:Give us the heat miser's name and I won't put my vote on you.
If you put me a L-1 Soundman will come in a hammer me. (Becuase he is the Heat Miser and we are both Lynchers of each other.) So don't do that.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:06 pm

spiesr wrote:
If you put me a L-1 Soundman will come in a hammer me. (Becuase he is the Heat Miser and we are both Lynchers of each other.) So don't do that.

you are at l-3. rishaed said he was putting you at l-2 but he actually didn't vote.
thank you to tell us more about your game mechanics and soundman's. Do you know if he's third party or mafia?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:14 pm

betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:

you are at l-3. rishaed said he was putting you at l-2 but he actually didn't vote.
thank you to tell us more about your game mechanics and soundman's. Do you know if he's third party or mafia?

Ah, how did i forget to vote :o However I feel that he is cooperating enough without my vote so I will let it go. (Not voting). However I would think that they would both be 3rd party. :-s I mean same roles just different characters. Why would the mod put one of them as mafia, and then tell the other one to lynch him. IF that were true then the Mafia would have killed Speisr last night, not Jonty. 8-[
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:19 pm

rishaed wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:

Ah, how did i forget to vote :o However I feel that he is cooperating enough without my vote so I will let it go. (Not voting). However I would think that they would both be 3rd party. :-s I mean same roles just different characters. Why would the mod put one of them as mafia, and then tell the other one to lynch him. IF that were true then the Mafia would have killed Speisr last night, not Jonty. 8-[

the question was directed to spiesr not to you ;)
Major betiko

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:24 pm

I think we should only lynch spiesr if we have no one we are sure is mafia.. save him for another day sorta thing.. I definately dont see the point in lynmching him if hes no threat to town. Plus then we have another day where we can for sure lynch a non-townie. Just a thought.
Colonel NoSurvivors

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives