Conquer Club

When is breaking a truce justifiable?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: When is breaking a truce justifiable?

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Georgerx7di wrote:You can only break a truce on Tuesday

Or on a blue moon.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby luns101 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am

I was in a game once where Serbia broke his truce with Neutral...wasn't pretty.
Major luns101

Postby oVo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 am

I can remember a player bombarding a neutral into oblivion,
then complaining that they lost bulbous numbers of armies
and the neutral was still occupying the territory.

Don't remember if it was a Tuesday or if they were actually truced.
Major oVo

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:In a way this is also a role playing game but the thing is that we carry our roles into every game we play. So if we break our agreements then eventually our reputations will proceed us.

If we make a truce it should be towards a certain specific round. For example: "Pink, can we have a truce until round 18?" Then on round 18 the first player to go can fire on.

BigBallinStalin wrote:As Sun Tzu says, the successful general is one who wins the war without deploying a single soldier. I'm still figuring out how to apply this to ConquerClub....

That's too deep for me man. LOL.

Haha, don't be discouraged. It goes like this:

You undermine the State, or create/take advantage of a tension between its rulers and their people. This renders the State/political leaders' ability to craft policy and wage war less effective. Much of this is performed through the 5th column (spies). A longer framework would incorporate making alliances against the enemy (or engaging in mutual trade embargos/sanctions). The internal pressure increases, and the external threat of force (from your own forces and from your allies) would hopefully force the enemy to sue for peace---before the physical war has even begun.

Thus, the successful general is one who wins the war without deploying a single soldier.

OK; But whether you employ spies or the agents of Chaos to undermine the state or opponent, are you not still deploying a troop. Maybe not a military troop but deploying some one none the less? Or am I wrong about that? =)

No, because troops are troops/soldiers. Spies are "the 5th column" and are not soldiers. Sun Tzu's advice can be implemented through diplomatic means as well. The main point is that wars can be won without even fighting on the battlefield, and the generals who can accomplish this feat are perhaps 'teh best'.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby sunking25 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:09 pm

imo you should give 2 rounds notice to end the truce before attacking, if you can't agree to these terms you shouldn't enter into a truce in the first place. I only enter into truces if it benefits me, if it don't benefit me then i don't agree to one. The only time you could break a truce is if the game becomes heads up/2 players.
If breaking a truce would lead to you winning, you still shouldn't break it as it is not fair on the guy you've made a deal with with, I see this as stabbing him in the back and very unethical.
Lieutenant sunking25

Postby HardAttack on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:17 pm

danryan wrote:It's always justifiable. Just be prepared to deal with the consequences.

sir, mind to give examples, mind to explain what these consequences might be ? :lol:

my answer to the OP,
you can ask for truce and 30 secs later you can break the truce...up to you, ethics, value, moral side, what do they mean really ? :lol: :lol:
for example red player and you are green...ask red player for truce, then in same round you break truce...well, i AM UNSURE, is it any cheat ? i dont think so....
even try to see your chances if you can convince your opponent to make truce in 1v1 games...who knows what happens...it is like rolling 7 with 6 sided cube dice, and some ppl around the site call it they are capable to do so...

gl OP maker.
O:)
Colonel HardAttack

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion