Conquer Club

Your Pets

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Your Pets

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:56 pm

kentington wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Is a crayfish like a crawdad? Why would you pay money for that? Go find a creek and grab one.

-TG

Yeah they are the same thing. I had the same though. Why purchase half of these pets? Just grab a wolf or a fox and boom! Canine Companion.

I saw something on reddit a couple of days ago where a guy had a pet fox. I'll admit it was pretty damn cute. Apparently you can buy them for like 8 grand.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby chang50 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 am

Have two cats lodging with us now,you never actually own cats.Couldn't stay in the same house as a dog,I find everything about them repulsive,the noise,the smell,the slobbering,the aggression..ugh...
Captain chang50

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 am

chang50 wrote:Couldn't stay in the same house as a dog,I find everything about them repulsive,the noise,the smell,the slobbering,the aggression..ugh...

Those are all things I love about my dog. :mrgreen:
And if you are going to compare dogs to cats, might I remind you that catshit is probably the most overpowering smell known to man?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby chang50 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
chang50 wrote:Couldn't stay in the same house as a dog,I find everything about them repulsive,the noise,the smell,the slobbering,the aggression..ugh...

And if you are going to compare dogs to cats, might I remind you that catshit is probably the most overpowering smell known to man?

Each to his own..
Captain chang50

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 am

Funkyterrance wrote:

Human shit is the worst. Chicken shit is a close second.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Human shit is the worst.

I've had male cats that would put you to shame, my friend.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:52 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
kentington wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Is a crayfish like a crawdad? Why would you pay money for that? Go find a creek and grab one.

-TG

Yeah they are the same thing. I had the same though. Why purchase half of these pets? Just grab a wolf or a fox and boom! Canine Companion.

I saw something on reddit a couple of days ago where a guy had a pet fox. I'll admit it was pretty damn cute. Apparently you can buy them for like 8 grand.

-TG

In America?
I think there are limited places. It is hard for me to relate. California doesn't allow you to keep ferrets or gerbils, let alone something like a fox.
Bruceswar Ā» Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:45 am

krusher wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Name: Niki (short for Nikita)
Description: Purebread Yorkie, but nicknamed "Teakettle" Yorkie, weighing about 10lbs but not obese or anything. About 2x the size (length and height) of a regular Yorkie overall. Will be 4 in April.
Misceleaneous: When she gets excited, she starts doing a "charge" all around the house. And aside from dinking water and tolerating baths, she avoids water. Going so far as to jump over a small puddle of water that would barely get her feet wet. Thinks everyone that comes around is there to see her (very friendly to people and animals).

never heard of teakettle yorkies. My yorkie totally hates baths but isin't afraid to get his paws wet in the lake to chase ducks. I heard their needyness come from the breed, they are toally dependent on their handlers and want us around all the time. When I leave him alone in the house he spends the entire time literally crying... and like you said super friendly always wants to greet people at the door and get his head rubbed.

Just a nickname for Yorkies that are larger than the "breed standard" of 7lbs and what not. But Niki has never had a problem being left alone. She goes into her kennel wih a milkbone, eats it, and sleeps for however long I'm gone. She's a very laid back dog. Though, when she gets really excited, she tends to pee, generally when seeing someone she hasn't seen for awhile or someone new.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I saw something on reddit a couple of days ago where a guy had a pet fox. I'll admit it was pretty damn cute. Apparently you can buy them for like 8 grand.

-TG

I worked briefly in Norman Wells once. They warned us to keep your lunch locked in a building or something because of the artic foxes. They're about the size of a cat and super cute.

We were on lunch break eating in a building when a pick up truck stopped at the building beside us. He left his window open while he went in. I watched a fox jump through the window grab his lunch bag and jump back out then scamper off like it had just picked up it's bagged lunch. Which it had really, pretty funny to see.
Last edited by kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quadruple Post Control
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Lootifer on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Urgh. Anyone who is proud of their dog being a fighting machine is, er, not someone I think should own a dog...

Well, EXCUUUUUSEEE MEEEEEE.
She got ganged up on and wasted them, what's your problem man? I don't allow her to attack people

Yeh but for every 10 dog owners like yourself theres 1 idiot who owns a similar dog but is less responsible in their ownership, and for every 10 of those idiots some small kid somewhere gets their face ripped off by a violent dog. Thats how I view the situation.

So while you and your dog are not in anyway directly responsible for any harm, you are contributing to the social acceptance of violent dogs (even if your influence in the scheme of things is tiny). I think violent animals should be highly discouraged at every turn.

Yes its a case of a few bad eggs ruining it for everyone, but too bad. Childrens wellbeing > freedom of choice.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Funky's dog attacked me. Now I look like AoG :(
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 am

Lootifer wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Urgh. Anyone who is proud of their dog being a fighting machine is, er, not someone I think should own a dog...

Well, EXCUUUUUSEEE MEEEEEE.
She got ganged up on and wasted them, what's your problem man? I don't allow her to attack people

Yeh but for every 10 dog owners like yourself theres 1 idiot who owns a similar dog but is less responsible in their ownership, and for every 10 of those idiots some small kid somewhere gets their face ripped off by a violent dog. Thats how I view the situation.

So while you and your dog are not in anyway directly responsible for any harm, you are contributing to the social acceptance of violent dogs (even if your influence in the scheme of things is tiny). I think violent animals should be highly discouraged at every turn.

Yes its a case of a few bad eggs ruining it for everyone, but too bad. Childrens wellbeing > freedom of choice.

My number one rule about dogs is that they show zero aggression towards children so I can understand your concern. I've actually gotten into arguments in real life concerning this issue when people say "well, you should leave a dog alone when it's eating, blah blah blah". I don't think a dog should EVER growl at a kid.
When I say she is a killing machine, that's just a matter of fact really. She's all muscle and both breeds of which she is mixed are relentless fighters. It did make me proud when she wasted that group of dogs because I admire her strength/bravery and I suppose it appealed to my personal twisted sense of justice. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:57 am

I had a similar situation at a neighborhood dog park.....long story short, I conclude the majority of the people that hang at these parks are fucking idiots. I sacrificed my body to save MY dog from killing about 12 others that attacked HIM when we were playing ball (I guess he didnt fit in to their established clique....much like me ;o). He bloodied a few of them before I picked him up, myself being bitten and attacked by the swirling mass of "nice" dogs, and ran him to my truck. He did manage to sneak a few more bites from my arms, but I swear to god, every one of those fucking mutts would have been DEAD and I am sure I'd have had a bloody mess of an ALIVE doberman on my hands too.

Every one of thos dog owners simply stood there, mouths agape, watching this go down. EVERY fucking one.....UNbelievable. Went back and had a cathartic screaming fit at those dumbasses for 5 minutes or so....very cleansing....made quite an impression with my (favorite) torn, bloody jeans and tripled blood pressure....lol..I think CC dice were bad that morning..... Anyhow, no more dog parks for me; he can play with my friends dogs from now on ;o(

Oh yeah....my dobies have all LOVED kids....wonderful dogs if they are raised properly ;o)

My son has a 4 foot Ball Python; I had an 8 foot Boa for many years....any other reptile owners here?
Last edited by KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Funky's dog attacked me. Now I look like AoG :(

You have no idea how sorry I am yoshi. :(
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:15 am

KoolBak wrote:Every one of thos dog owners simply stood there, mouths agape, watching this go down. EVERY fucking one.....UNbelievable. Went back and had a cathartic screaming fit at those dumbasses for 5 minutes or so....very cleansing....made quite an impression with my (favorite) torn, bloody jeans and tripled blood pressure....lol..I think CC dice were bad that morning..... Anyhow, no more dog parks for me; he can play with my friends dogs from now on ;o(

It is a little unfair how the "nice" breeds as you put it are allowed to get away with bloody murder while if my dog so much as curls it's lips at another dog people go white as a sheet. If you take temperament into consideration my dog is a million times less likely to start a brawl. I suppose I've just learned to accept it as a cost to owning a more powerful breed/mix (she's a mutt I'll admit).
I've never taken my dog to a dog park as they don't exist around here lol but I can imagine that the regulars there(dogs) would tend to form little "packs" and might gang up on a newbie.
One thing that's interesting though is I have brought my dog over to my parents house a number of times and they have a very ordinary looking and acting black lab female. One day the two of them got into it over who knows what and while my dog probably would have come out ahead in the long run it wasn't because my parent's dog was giving up. Suzie(my dog) had her by the neck but I could just tell by the few moments that went by before I broke it up that my parents dog was in it for the long run. It just goes to show that those "nice" breeds have it in them too.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah, there was a golden, a couple little pocket dogs and a lab in on this. All started by a Boxer that had to be alpha.....stupid. My dog (not fixed, doberman brain) will NOT be beta....as long as no one tries to pull rank on him (or f*ck with his "people"), he's a silly, happy, goofy puppy.

And oh boy, when the Jehovah Witnesses come to the door, I get him wound going "WHO' S THAT?!?!" and acting all worried.....he FREAKS....hold his collar and open the door and announce He's coming outside to potty in 30 seconds...I'd be gone if I were you.....

:lol:

AND:

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 pm

You sure are proud of his nipples.

Staffordshire Terrier Funky, when people ask you can say, "She's a Terrier... Staffordshire Terrier."
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Next time you're here, Dimey.....you go 'head and make fun of him....he dunna like being laughed at :lol:

AND:

Postby krusher on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm

I can't relate to any of you as I never had any of those breeds. But my opinion is that large and (potentialy) agressive dogs should be discouraged especially in a urban areas. I can see you having one in some type of rural farm house but in the city its just not appropriate not for you or for them. urban houses tend to have less space and more people this increases the potential for hostility as dogs are territorial after all. No matter how docile you think your pit or doberman is they have the potential to tear a kid to shreds in a couple of seconds or as you guys mentioned kill smaller dogs even if its in self defense. I don't think thats a good thing, dogs of today are are meant to be companion and there are dozens of better breeds that make for a better companion. Doberman and Pits are really good at what they do and that is fighting and serving as guard dogs. The agression is in their breed and it can come out for the most unexpected things that you might not notice and at that point it can be too late. So like I stated i see no merit for keeping them as pets especially in a urban environment. in my county pitts are banned and for good reason, not only are most of them used for fighting, pit attacks against humans used to be high.
Captain krusher

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't know krusher. My uncle's doberman was goofier than koolbak's. I suppose there's a chance of a dog snapping or something but the thing is you allways hear about a bad dog. Then when you hear about Funky's dog being well trained you don't even believe him. The reason a dog turns bad is allmost always a bad owner.

I have a hard time being against some of the pitbull bans because there are so many idiots that get them and train them to be mean. Unfourtunately not enough of them have the dog turn on them.

Did you see the video creeper's wiener posted with that lady who let her dog go crazy and bite a guy at the dog park almost in the nuts? I guess it's less dangerous but any breed can be a bad dog. I've seen more aggresive small dogs because people laugh and say, "Oh he's just little." yeah, a little jerk.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Dont preach about what you are unedumucated on Krusher.

Dobies, PROPERLY RAISED, are one of the best family dogs you can have. From the AKC website:

The Doberman Pinscher is known to be energetic, watchful, fearless and obedient. He is ready to give prompt alarm (and back up that warning) but is also affectionate, obedient and loyal. The breed requires regular exercise, but needs only minimal grooming for his short coat.

We've had them for close to 30 years......your assumptions ain't gonna hold water in any RESPONSIBLE scenario. ANY dog can be a danger if raised improperly.

AND:

Re:

Postby krusher on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:00 pm

2dimes wrote:I don't know krusher. My uncle's doberman was goofier than koolbak's. I suppose there's a chance of a dog snapping or something but the thing is you allways hear about a bad dog. Then when you hear about Funky's dog being well trained you don't even believe him. The reason a dog turns bad is allmost always a bad owner.

I have a hard time being against some of the pitbull bans because there are so many idiots that get them and train them to be mean. Unfourtunately not enough of them have the dog turn on them.

Did you see the video creeper's wiener posted with that lady who let her dog go crazy and bite a guy at the dog park almost in the nuts? I guess it's less dangerous but any breed can be a bad dog. I've seen more aggresive small dogs because people laugh and say, "Oh he's just little." yeah, a little jerk.

I would say smaller dogs are more aggressive perhaps because of some type of confidence issue? I like to compare them to short people especially short man they tend to over compensate for their heights by you know being more agressive. If you ever been to a bar or club you know the biggest arrogant pricks are short man. It just seems they have too much hormones for their short body making them have a temper and always think they gotta fight or pick a fight to proof something. I know this is off topic but i think that the same can be said for small dogs as well, especially when they are around a bigger dog they tend to immidietly bark in a attempt to intimidate them so they wont get messed with. My dog is guilty of barking at pretty much any animal that he sees, he is not a jerk though he loves people and is super friendly, and even if he was to snap one day and attack you or a child there is no chance that he can do any real damage, since he is the size of a large rabbit. I think that animals should never posse a legitimate threat to humans and if they do they def shouldn't be in a populated place.
Captain krusher

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:04 pm

KoolBak wrote:Dont preach about what you are unedumucated on Krusher.

Dobies, PROPERLY RAISED, are one of the best family dogs you can have. From the AKC website:

The Doberman Pinscher is known to be energetic, watchful, fearless and obedient. He is ready to give prompt alarm (and back up that warning) but is also affectionate, obedient and loyal. The breed requires regular exercise, but needs only minimal grooming for his short coat.

We've had them for close to 30 years......your assumptions ain't gonna hold water in any RESPONSIBLE scenario. ANY dog can be a danger if raised improperly.

Can't a particular line of pitbulls be bred so that they are genetically more disposed toward fighting and being aggressive?

Since I answer "yes," then for some particularly cultivated/bred dogs---not the entire species, but a particular family line--would be aggressive, no matter how well they are trained. Don't you agree?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby krusher on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 pm

KoolBak wrote:Dont preach about what you are unedumucated on Krusher.

I am just stating my opinion...this is not an attack on you or your doberman. HOWEVER you can't deny he has the potential to do some decent damage on a human and kill a child easily. I'd say any breed is capable of barking and alarming you of a potential threat so this is not unique to doberman, my yorkie does this just fine. As far as backing up that warning goes... seriously if you think a criminal set on possing a real threat to you is going to stop because of a any dog, you are wrong. This is the 21st century get a home security set up for your house, this is a lot more effective than a dog. With proper training any dog will be effectionate, obedient and loyal. You can google doberman/pit attacks and you will find cases to support it. It is really an issue of what does your dog do better than any other dog breed which is attack... As an owner you should know you are legally liable for any damages caused by your dog. I would not want to be respomssible for a living thing with its own habits that i may not fully understand with the capacity to kill something or someone.
Last edited by krusher on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain krusher

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

I don't know if I would have ran too quick into that dog fight or stood back mouth opened waiting for koolbak to come back and tell me I should have.
Wonder if there was there a noticable odour when he went back?

It's difficult to not be afraid of dogs if you're not around them enough and/or you don't know the dog. There's a german shepard across the alley from my parents. Da poleece came by early one morning, called out to a domestic dispute. The nice officer lady opened the gate and then instead of going back out of the yard shot half the poor thing's nose off.
Dog was ok, sort of but... maybe think of looking into the yard before you open a gate?

There was a pair of labs down the street here. Those are one of the easiest going breeds, everyone know that but they got out of the yard and rushed my kids one morning. Changed their mind when I yelled "No!" at them for it but I don't know how that might have went if I wasn't there. They're bigguns and my kids for some reason got all timid.

Both of my examples are probably nice enough dogs but one was protecting it's yard from moran cops and the other two were being a gang.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,