Conquer Club

Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Are there past or present forum regulars with whom you do not interact?

As an example, I do not anticipate interacting with CBlake on an even irregular basis. I also rarely interact with Quirk. Might be interesting to see whose paths cross. Or maybe not interesting.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Forum Regulars You Don't Interact With

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

I mostly try to avoid the people that post in the thread about skeletons with balloons/Photoshop on their chest.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

What do you mean?

We interact with each other--regardless of whether or not we intend to. E.g. I make this post, other people read it, thus we're interacting.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

The only time I have ever noticed this is with one person with which I was more or less forced to not associate with. I'm not mad or anything, that's just my personal experience.
Actually, now that I think about it, I don't associate with those generals who just poke their heads in every once in a while and repeat or agree with what someone else already wrote and think that because they are generals their word means more, etc.. I just don't jive with that mentality.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Neoteny wrote:I mostly try to avoid the people that post in the thread about skeletons with balloons/Photoshop on their chest.

I avoid that thread like a plague.
My interaction with people is limited mostly to OT.
Bruceswar Ā» Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:What do you mean?

We interact with each other--regardless of whether or not we intend to. E.g. I make this post, other people read it, thus we're interacting.

There are posters who I do not regularly (or even occasoinally) read or reply to. That's what I mean. Given the spacing of the subject line, I could not put in the subject "Forum Regulars with Whom You Don't Interact on a Regular Basis." And yes, I tried to type that in the subject line.

I know that CBlake exists because I see his name on threads in the forum page. I know that Quirk exists because I see him reply to things in that longest thread thread.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:12 pm

By interact, do you mean sexually? Sorry, I just got done reading Saxi's topic about couple and sex.

I feel like the majority of forum regulars I do not interact with, if I define interact as referencing by name. I am pretty sure I reference TGD, BBS, Gilli, Strike Wolf, Quirk, Jonesy, Phatscotty, and maybe a few others.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.

Is that a nice way of saying they are easy?
Sergeant kentington

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm

kentington wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I would say that interacting means, loosely speaking, someone whose posts you directly reply to.

Figuratively, yeah, I think this may be true since you don't directly reply to someone unless you expect them to reciprocate at least to the point of reading what you wrote.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
kentington wrote:

Figuratively, yeah, I think this may be true since you don't directly reply to someone unless you expect them to reciprocate at least to the point of reading what you wrote.

True! I was just testing whether you would interact with me. Seems like we are a match.

I find that statistically you have a better chance of getting a response if you quote someone. After the quote you should start off with a hook:
1) Exclamation - That will get their attention
2) Joke - It works for jonesy
3) Call them an idiot - Most people will respond and interactions will start
4) Repeat what they said in your own words, but add a sexual twist - Sex intrigues internet people
5) Post a picture or graph that has little relevance to the topic or the poster you are quoting - People love statistics and graphs

This is the five step process for the interactionally challenged.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:22 pm

I have probably interacted with most regulars in the off topics. Either I have insulted them or they have insulted me, that's usually how a nice giving conversation starts in the off topics.
I can't remember ever having interacted with jimboston, though we probably have argued about something at some point.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm

kentington wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
kentington wrote:

True! I was just testing whether you would interact with me. Seems like we are a match.

I find that statistically you have a better chance of getting a response if you quote someone. After the quote you should start off with a hook:
1) Exclamation - That will get their attention
2) Joke - It works for jonesy
3) Call them an idiot - Most people will respond and interactions will start
4) Repeat what they said in your own words, but add a sexual twist - Sex intrigues internet people
5) Post a picture or graph that has little relevance to the topic or the poster you are quoting - People love statistics and graphs

This is the five step process for the interactionally challenged.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was the Brown Paper Kid arrested for?
You're an idiot. And a toilet head.
Hmm. Not sure I know the "Sexual twist". Is it the pelvic thrust thaat really drives you insane?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby kentington on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:42 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was the Brown Paper Kid arrested for?
You're an idiot. And a toilet head.
Hmm. Not sure I know the "Sexual twist". Is it the pelvic thrust thaat really drives you insane?

Congratulations! Stupid award goes to Curly man.
Consolation:
BTW, She is not wearing anything under that.

Disclaimer: Collect your discs in the lobby.
Sergeant kentington

Postby CBlake on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:What do you mean?

There are posters who I do not regularly (or even occasoinally) read or reply to. That's what I mean. Given the spacing of the subject line, I could not put in the subject "Forum Regulars with Whom You Don't Interact on a Regular Basis." And yes, I tried to type that in the subject line.

I know that CBlake exists because I see his name on threads in the forum page. I know that Quirk exists because I see him reply to things in that longest thread thread.

This is the most exposure I have ever gotten in someone else's thread since... Nam, and for all the wrong reasons too.. Nice!
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby Quirk on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

thegreekdog, we interacted some until I stopped posting in the political threads for the most part. 2009 was my last attempt at a political discussion thread. You posted in it viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102591&start=15
thegreekdog wrote:I agree with Quirk
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Quirk wrote:thegreekdog, we interacted some until I stopped posting in the political threads for the most part. 2009 was my last attempt at a political discussion thread. You posted in it viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102591&start=15
thegreekdog wrote:I agree with Quirk

Nice! I miss snorri.

For what it's worth, not interacting with someone does not equate to not wanting to interact. As you indicated, if you don't participate in political threads and if I don't participate in the Longest Thread, we're not going to interact. And that's fine.

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:The only time I have ever noticed this is with one person with which I was more or less forced to not associate with. I'm not mad or anything, that's just my personal experience.
Actually, now that I think about it, I don't associate with those generals who just poke their heads in every once in a while and repeat or agree with what someone else already wrote and think that because they are generals their word means more, etc.. I just don't jive with that mentality.

I'm with funky on this.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:11 pm

ITT: Neoteny expresses his blind hatred for balloons
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Army of GOD wrote:ITT: Neoteny expresses his blind hatred for balloons

And skeletons. He is a sack of skin in a lab coat.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:The only time I have ever noticed this is with one person with which I was more or less forced to not associate with. I'm not mad or anything, that's just my personal experience.

I'm with funky on this.

Naw man, you're cool.
It's a very specific type of poster and I'm afraid you don't qualify since you actually contribute from time to time but I hate to disappoint. :(
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby CBlake on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm

It's like I'm invisible and can say whatever I want... I LOVE BIEBERRRRR.. no one will probably read this anyway I think I am safe
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby Lootifer on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:48 pm

CBlake wrote:It's like I'm invisible and can say whatever I want... I LOVE BIEBERRRRR.. no one will probably read this anyway I think I am safe

Qf.... erm.... I don't know
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:

I'm with funky on this.

Naw man, you're cool.
It's a very specific type of poster and I'm afraid you don't qualify since you actually contribute from time to time but I hate to disappoint. :(

If cavalier misses the greekie for that someone might be getting a kick in the nuts. Jus' sayin'.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 pm

I don't talk to ManBangalow at all because holy f*ck he's boring.

And smelly.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,