Conquer Club

Volunteer Callouts 2013

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Volunteer Callouts 2013

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Hey Clubbers!

Looking to help out? Great! You've come to just the right place ;). We currently have Two Departments looking for help! I'll leave out the chit-chat before I ramble on and cut straight to the chase:

====================
Entertainment Team
====================

The Entertainment team is looking for people to help run Special Events! A Special Events Volunteer would be someone to help brainstorm new events, run tournaments, make announcements, think outside of the box, or generally help things along! It's important that this person can stick to a timeline, but if you''re able to help, all applications will be considered! Please send a PM to sempaispellcheck with why you'd like to join and what you can bring to the table :)

====================
Tech Team
====================

The Tech Team needs help! With new Administration, we're having them help out more and more :). Our Team needs someone organizing and prioritizing Bugs, and we'd like someone to keep track of the Tools Forum! If you're interested in either of these things, we can always start small if it looks intimidating :). Please send a PM to Dako, the Tech Team Leader!

Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Volunteer Callouts 2013

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Already PM'd Dako!
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Already PM'd Dako!

Try again, with respect to this!

BMO

Postby Dako on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am

Already got two applications! But I am always looking for prominent members — don't hesitate to PM me.
Colonel Dako

Postby greenoaks on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:45 am

Dako wrote:Already got two applications! But I am always looking for prominent members — don't hesitate to PM me.

so Jdsizzleslice is not prominent enough.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Dako wrote:Already got two applications! But I am always looking for prominent members — don't hesitate to PM me.

BMO

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

BMO

Damn it Barty Crouch Jr, what are you doing in this thread?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

BMO

Yes Dako... Explain yourself here LOL :cry:
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Urgent Help in the Foundry Division of Newsletter Required

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 am

Calling all those who think they might like to contribute to Conquer Club in some way! The Conquer Club Dispatch Newsletter is always looking for fresh faces to help out, and it's a very good way to contribute to a site you love :) It can be a rewarding experience working with a team to develop ideas and articles from issue to issue. We also reward our dedicated volunteers with a General Contribution medal after 3 months of solid contribution and active participation. Read the descriptions below to see if you would like to join one of our News Teams :)

While we are always interested in anyone who wants to contribute in any area, right now we have an urgent need for assistants in the Foundry team.

Note: These are not TeamCC positions, but that does not mean that they are unimportant. And, if you stick in there, there is every possibility you could find yourself in a Team CC position before you know it.

==========================================================
Username:

Team you are interested in joining: (Strategy, Tournaments, Foundry, Clans or Freestyle)

Any Additional Comments: (one or two lines in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)
==========================================================

Foundry News Team
Team Executive - koontz1973
Description - The Foundry Team covers all the latest in foundry news. This can include a more in depth look at any new policies and features, listing new maps in development, new maps that have reached the Beta Phase and are up for live play or have been fully Quenched, spotlighting unique and innovative maps in development, a more in depth look at the history behind some of our maps here on Conquer Club & much, much more. If you have other ideas about more things that could be included or you just want to help out with the Foundry Team, contact the Team Executive listed above and start some discussion about it, they would love to hear from you.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed May 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Callout: Discussions Volunteers

The Discussions Volunteers are looking to expand their team! It's been a long time since we advertised growing the ranks, so here's a rundown on what we're looking for:

• Active in a good number of these forums:
    • Off-Topics
    • General Discussion
    • Question & Answers
    • Strategy
    • More helps!
  • Positive Disciplinary History
  • Knowledge of the Community Guidelines
  • Ready and willing to help your favorite world domination site :D

If you're interested in being a leader of the forums, have strong ideas for us, and want to come aboard the team to make an awesome change, then send me a PM to me (rdsrds2120) explaining why and what forums you're interested in to get the ball rolling. Thank you for your time! Best,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 am

CC Dispatch Callout!

Can you answer yes to two simple questions?
  1. Do you love Conquer Club?
  2. Can you write reasonably well?
If you can answer "YES" to these two questions, that's really all you need to become a Dispatch Reporter. If you love Conquer Club and you can string words together with reasonable coherence, everything else is gravy.

The Conquer Club DIspatch is CC's official newsletter. We need your help! Three of our four reporting teams are critically short of writers. Becoming a Dispatch writer is incredibly rewarding. You get to put your creative stamp on news & views, interview interesting people, and contribute to your community. You earn GC medals at double the Team CC rate: a medal every 3 months instead of every 6 months, assuming you write minimum 4 solid articles in that 3 month period. (However, these are not Team CC positions and don't come with a coloured name tag.)

The Dispatch is improving steadily, but we need more writers to really make it shine. Don't delay -- contact one of the three Execs below and let them know you want to help!

Tournament News Team
Team Executive - Anamainiacks
Description - The Tournament Team covers the latest news in the tournament arena. This can include a more in-depth look at any new policies and features, spotlighting innovative and unique tournaments, providing updates of the Tournament Players Association [TPA] and much, much more. If you have other ideas or you just want to help out with the Tournament Team, contact anamainiacks with haste!

Foundry News Team
Team Executive - Seamus76
Description - The Foundry Team covers all the latest in foundry news, listing new maps in development, spotlighting new maps that have reached the Beta Phase or have been fully quenched, taking a more in-depth look at the history behind some of our maps and much more. If you have other exciting ideas we could include or you just want to help out with the Foundry Team, contact Seamus -- he would love to hear from you!

Freestyle Team
Team Executive - safariguy5
Description - The Freestyle Team is for those who want to write outside the box of tournaments, foundry or clans. It is more of a site-wide section of the newsletter and can cover anything and everything. At various times we have included comic strips, general site news, opinion pieces, thrilling interviews, fun little tidbits to make you laugh and much, much more. If you have new imaginative ideas or you just want to help out with the Freestyle Team, contact Safariguy5 and start some discussion!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:02 am

The Media Team is seeking an exceptional volunteer for the position of

Facebook Co-ordinator.

This is an important position, managing CC's presence on Facebook and to a lesser degree on Twitter. I'm sure you have seen that we are going through a lot of positive changes in the core game and on our website. Our social media presence needs to be much improved also. As Facebook Co-ordinator, you will take a leading role in these changes.

Let me be very honest. At present, Facebook and Twitter are managed by myself and a mixed crew of various Team CC volunteers and admins. All of us have primary interests elsewhere on CC and see Facebook as something that needs to be done but brings us no pleasure. What we very desperately need is someone who genuinely likes Facebook, who will spend a substantial amount of time there and take pride in the development of CC's image. The normal Team CC requirement is that a volunteer should spend at least 1 to 2 hours a week in their area, but really what we need here is someone who will do more than that -- check the Facebook page daily or almost daily, respond to people who leave us messages, and have a vision in their mind of how our profile can be improved.

We are also reviving the Social Media Assistants group, and you will be the leader of this group and guide their activities.

Requirements:
  • You must love Conquer Club and be interested in seeing it grow.
  • You must genuinely enjoy posting on Facebook and interacting with others.
  • You must have the qualities of a moderator -- to be friendly, outgoing, informative, and fair.
  • You must have some kind of vision, or at least be capable of helping form a vision, of how our public profile should evolve and develop.
  • You must believe in attention to detail, and have respect for spelling, grammar, and professionalism in communicating.

If you think you are the person we are looking for, please send a letter to Dukasaur, affirming that you meet the requirements listed above, and discussing why you think you should be our Facebook Co-ordinator.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Announcement Archives