Conquer Club

Removing players

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Removing players

Postby Just_essence on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm

I assume you have FAMOed?
Private Just_essence

Postby Seamus76 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm

Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.

Everyone keeps mentioning censorship, case by case basis, and common sense, but isn't it common sense that there is no good reason for any player to have that user name, or even some of the others that qwert mentioned? I'm all about freedom of speech, etc., but when I tried to make a map based on bin Laden's compound it was immediately locked and taken down as being a potential flame to some players. While I didn't like the way it all went down, I certainly understood that even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby Oneyed on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 am

I agree that it is hard to say which names are "bad" and which no. and I like that this site is "democratic". if anybody does not like any name he can add this player to Foe list...

Seamus76 wrote:Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.

could you specify which names are offensive? each nation, each culture, each religion have different opinion on this. what about Stalin, Pol Pot, Menachem Begin, Bin Laden, Mao Tse-tung, Andreas Baader, Ante Pavelic, Sadam Husein... there could be more as 100 names.
Seamus76 wrote:...even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.

I am afraid that in this case there will be no maps, no players, no CC :D

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 am

Seamus76 wrote:Sorry, I'm commenting a little late, and possibly a little back off topic, but as a Jew, and as human being, I would be a little shocked and offended if Adolf Hitler, or some other racist jackass joined a public game I set up.

Everyone keeps mentioning censorship, case by case basis, and common sense, but isn't it common sense that there is no good reason for any player to have that user name, or even some of the others that qwert mentioned? I'm all about freedom of speech, etc., but when I tried to make a map based on bin Laden's compound it was immediately locked and taken down as being a potential flame to some players. While I didn't like the way it all went down, I certainly understood that even if one player was offended it probably wasn't a good idea.

i thought they took it down because of how recent the event was, yes i know that means that some bin laden supporters could be offended by it. the reasons are similar yet a little different.

i am not a bin laden supporter yet was offended by the map idea much like i would of a map of anyone recently departed. a map of jack the ripper i would like to see. it's a time elapsed thing.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:38 am

Unfortunatly some people manage to find loophole in CC, and successfuly put NAzi names and avatars to be forever in CC.

Here i will give you just one example of many others:
One player put hes name to be Adolf Hitler, and hes avatar are Saluting Hitler in hes nazi uniforme, hes intention are very clear ,to provoke someone, and admins react, only in way to guested hem, and not remove name and avatar.
Maybe you will say " What the hell!, these entire profile need to be erase!" but these its not case, and player still provoke , because he its only guested and in the end Hitler are stay in CC.
Also you have many other who are not guested, and still member of CC with other nazi names, and even with swastika on hes avatar.
These its what i call Guested Loophole, people who only purpose are not to play CC games ,but to glorify NAzi, and guesting instead to be punishment, immortalized these players and give hem reward .
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Koganosi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:41 am

Look I know the history of Adolf Hitler and we all know what he has done. But there has been more rulers who murdered and slaughtered millions of people. Like stated before do we have to ban out all those names and avatars?

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Well my fisrt post is a shot over the BOW..All we've done is awakened a sleeping giant.I went back and forth with this topic about freedom.I told qwert I'll defend free speech and self expression anywhere anytime.I've seen alot of Devils and 666's out there in C.C.Land.Hitler would say something like no moment for discussion.Hitler burned books to erase people from history.Your starting to sound like him.I could have put a waving Stars and Bars up,but that's tacky.I love a picture of my 2 lucky charms instead.I play alot of people Israel,most never say a thing.But I tell them,I'm just one who knows History,and who likes the Generals of THE SOUTH and Germany..Some of the best war minds ever.Lee,Rommel,Jackson,Manstein,Stewart,Kesselring,etc..It's the winners of wars who writes the History books..One man's hero,is another man's butcher.No,I wouldn't pick Hitler(1.because I'm from Prussian nobility,Hitler hated us to.2.Hitler was no strategist.Not a tactician like Napoleon.But Hitler was a leader of an Army.A true history lesson..game 12035159.game chat..I told qwert Hitler tries to take over Europe he is a bad man.Stalin does it it's o.k..The USA does it(Manifest Destiny)it's o.k..Qwert defended Stalin(he nener hurt my people,Hitler hurt my people).Come.on..By the time Stalin left this world he was 10 times the monster Hitler was.Qwert said The USA doesn't know suffering.I told him the U.S.Goverment succeeded,where Hitler failed.To wipe out a race of people,in the name of MANIFEST DESTINY(God's will to go from the Atlantic to Pacific and own everything inbetween.)The USA wiped out the Indians(N.Amer.)way of life,country,religion and all.Hebrews still have a country and a religion.
Corporal ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:48 pm

cont..Qwert tried to say Hitler started WWII,NO Japan did,when Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931,Italy invaded Ethiopia in 1935.Only when a white country is attacked ..Poland..now WWII is on,so say white history books.Hitler didn't put the swastika on the German flag.(He did put the 5 ring Olympic sign on the 1936 olympic flag though).OTTO Von Bismark did 19 years befor Hitler was born.It's a Hindu sign..HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR CHARLEMANGE had it on his shield.Even a japaneese captain of wooden ships flew a crooked cross.The SS ..the S stands for Zues's lightning bolts.Himmler was into all kinds of crazy stuff.He even had a castle like King Aurthor..Himmler took on the job of killing..Hitler was running the War..To say Japan doens't count in starting the war because they were weak.Japan had the best navy in the world in 1930.In fact when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor it caught Hitler by surprise.Hitler wanted Japan to invade Russia from the other side.The US got lucky in the battle of Midway,caught Japan off gaurd.Or Japan would have smashed the Us in the Pacific.NOT defending Hitler,don't hate Jews(I'm Roman Catholic).Just one who studies History,tactic,nothing more,nothing less.I told qwert to smell some roses and gaze at the stars and dream a little.There are far better things to worry over than a gaming website.You will never please everyone all of the time.Just some people ,some of the time.It is Human nature to kill.Mankind kills,will go on killing(like a dumb person who just shot up a school killing 20 kids here in America.)Don't fool yourselfs,there will be another Hitler some time down the road.HISTORY ALWAYS REPEATS ITSELF.....ConfederateSS..out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Corporal ConfederateSS

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:Hitler didn't put the swastika on the German flag.(He did put the 5 ring Olympic sign on the 1936 olympic flag though).OTTO Von Bismark did 19 years befor Hitler was born.
I disagree with this statement. Although Otto Von Bismarck created the modern German state in 1871. Before him there was no unified German State only princely states. He did create the red white and black colors for the flag.

In the 1800s, countries around Germany were growing much larger, forming empires; yet Germany was not a unified country until 1871. To counter the feeling of vulnerability and the stigma of youth, German nationalists in the mid-nineteenth century began to use the swastika, because it had ancient Aryan/Indian origins, to represent a long Germanic/Aryan history.

By the end of the nineteenth century, the swastika could be found on nationalist German volkisch periodicals and was the official emblem of the German Gymnasts' League.

In the beginning of the twentieth century, the swastika was a common symbol of German nationalism and could be found in a multitude of places such as the emblem for the Wandervogel, a German youth movement; on Joerg Lanz von Liebenfels' antisemitic periodical Ostara; on various Freikorps units; and as an emblem of the Thule Society. The first time the swastika was used with an "Aryan" meaning was on 25 December 1907, when the self-named Order of the New Templars, a secret society founded by Lanz von Liebenfels, hoisted at Werfenstein Castle (Austria) a yellow flag with a swastika and four fleurs-de-lys.Image
Major GeneralRisk

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 am

I know I seen a crooked cross on a Kaiser's ceremony flag before 1914.. The Holy Emperor's..one of his ceremony shields.That was many years ago.BUT Japaneese 'HASEKURA TSUNENAGA"..A samurai(who invaded Korea in 1597.).Also an ambassadar in the 1600's for Japan..Rome(Vatican)...Mexico(New Spain)Etc..His coat of arms,Roman citizenship certificate..Also was on The Flag of his ship...I do thank you kindly for you help GeneralRisk...ConfederateSS..out!!!.P.S..If you could slap that picture up .Tsunenaga's coat of arms..that would be KOOL..thanks again.......
Corporal ConfederateSS

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 am

ConfederateSS wrote:I know I seen a crooked cross on a Kaiser's ceremony flag before 1914.. The Holy Emperor's..one of his ceremony shields.That was many years ago.BUT Japaneese 'HASEKURA TSUNENAGA"..A samurai(who invaded Korea in 1597.).Also an ambassadar in the 1600's for Japan..Rome(Vatican)...Mexico(New Spain)Etc..His coat of arms,Roman citizenship certificate..Also was on The Flag of his ship...I do thank you kindly for you help GeneralRisk...ConfederateSS..out!!!.P.S..If you could slap that picture up .Tsunenaga's coat of arms..that would be KOOL..thanks again.......
Your welcome............Image
Major GeneralRisk

Postby agentcom on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:07 am

Let's take the history lesson somewhere else.

The OP has been answered:

SirSebstar wrote:
qwert wrote:Ok ,i need to have Answer on these question.
-------------
1. Can player be complete erase from CC?
2.Can player avatar be removed?
3.Can player name be removed?

-------------------------------------
if these are all possible, then mods need to use these and start clean some players out of CC.

1> Yes
2> Yes
3> Yes

and to your conclusion. No, although some players get kicked in a myriad of ways. Some for agrevation on a large scale, some for loopholeabuse. They really try not to ban everybody with a bad idea.
also
A chair as 4 legs, A dog has 4 legs. a dog = a chair?

Time to move along.
Brigadier agentcom

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion