Conquer Club

Your Pets

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:16 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Can't a particular line of pitbulls be bred so that they are genetically more disposed toward fighting and being aggressive?

Since I answer "yes," then for some particularly cultivated/bred dogs---not the entire species, but a particular family line--would be aggressive, no matter how well they are trained. Don't you agree?

I don't know if that is true or not. I know it kind of seems that way but I've met so many really pleasant pitbulls.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Your Pets

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:23 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
KoolBak wrote:Dont preach about what you are unedumucated on Krusher.

Dobies, PROPERLY RAISED, are one of the best family dogs you can have. From the AKC website:

The Doberman Pinscher is known to be energetic, watchful, fearless and obedient. He is ready to give prompt alarm (and back up that warning) but is also affectionate, obedient and loyal. The breed requires regular exercise, but needs only minimal grooming for his short coat.

We've had them for close to 30 years......your assumptions ain't gonna hold water in any RESPONSIBLE scenario. ANY dog can be a danger if raised improperly.

Can't a particular line of pitbulls be bred so that they are genetically more disposed toward fighting and being aggressive?

Since I answer "yes," then for some particularly cultivated/bred dogs---not the entire species, but a particular family line--would be aggressive, no matter how well they are trained. Don't you agree?

We used to have a Dobie and while they are intimidating they they really aren't what I would consider "agressive" and are actually pretty meak which is a great combination. Neither are any of the Pitbulls, eh Staffordshire Terriers naturally aggressive that I've known. To me aggressive implies more likelihood to attack/escalate but I can't say I've seen that as a breed trait in Pitbulls and I've fostered a few. What they are is unrelenting and powerful once committed which can of course be a problem if you don't have control over your dog.
One breed that I can say has aggresive tendencies from my experience is the Shar-Pei(wrinkle dog). My girl is half Shar-Pei and we had real issues with her as a pup as she was shortly owned by a clueless person before I owned her. I've known other Shar-Peis in the past and they had this trait as well. So basically I have had lots of experience with dogs and while some breeds have of course been bred towards protection and are more likely to bite/attack as breed I'm not sure that Pit Bulls qualify in general. If you raise a golden retriever or black lab to be aggressive it will be just as nasty as a Pit Bull, just less likely to actually kill someone/something due to it's "equipment".
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Be jeebus Krusher......

You're saying a potential intruder would NOT be dissuaded by my dog barking on the other side of the door? And the signage proclaiming that this is a well armed household? Maybe things are different in Florida.

And please don't preach to me about legalities manchild......I have more goddamned experience in a court room than any man my age should.

Go back to arguing with your twenty-something peers if you want to impress someone 8-) I am tired of fun threads being turned into fooking arguments ;o(
Last edited by KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Coco: short for Chocobo from Final Fantasy.
Magoo: she started off having an eyesight problem, she pecked exactly 1/4 inch to the side of the target. She would just keep pecking things and moving them over. It was morbidly funny to watch.
Moxie. Wife liked the name.

This is Tommy, aka Tomasina. Found it at a jobsite one night, brought it home, and ended up keeping her.

She turned into this little flock:

She is the leader of the flock, because she is oldest, and takes no shit, but is also the friendliest to people, because we spent so much time with her as a semi-chick.

This is one of the new recruits we got this summer. Their main purpose was to shut up the second chicken we got Coco, short for Chocobo(as in Final Fantasy), who bawked insanely loud, when tommy was out of sight. It worked too.

And here is the little chicken, that we werent sure was a chicken when I found her. We werent positive it was a chicken, or a turkey(which were nesting nearby) or a rooster, which would have meant giving her up for adoption.

For scale, those bricks are exactly 6" x 6" x 2"

This little bird(Tommy) was bought by a neighbor, and the husband said f*ck no, so they just threw them outside to fend for themselves, which is impossible at that age, and probably any age. This is the last of whatever size flock they threw away. When we had it, you could hear the gravel grinding in her empty stomach. Id be surprised if she would have lasted another day.

She has given us no less than 3 scares of almost dying since, but pulls through with some TLC each time. Its a spanish chicken which isnt ideally suited for the NEast.

We also have one cat. Our other Died just last month.
Last edited by AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Nice chickens AA are you just interbreeding them?

Is it possibly you've only had Terriers with a good pedigree? I know our first border collie was supposedly purebreed (even though I don't think they are a registered breed) must have had some whippet in her or something. Pointy nose like santa's little helper.

Our new one is a rescue mutt which is too bad because I would get another of whatever he is in a second. Most of their personalities are from the way we handled them. Part of the issue with the first one was she was dropped by her mother in a nasty snow storm when the farmer found them there was just her and a brother left alive, the brother died over night. She was deaf and even to the end we wondered if she was or not because she was so smart. But they are very different some of that must come down to genetics, I think.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

2dimes wrote:Nice chickens AA are you just interbreeding them?

Nope, no roosters. Just four hens. They are more fun than you would guess for silly little birds, and have more personality, than Id have ever guessed. I had two of them sleeping on my leg about an hour ago, but only Tommy really likes being picked up.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm

She laid 3 fertilized eggs, or did you buy the other ones? Are you eating fresh eggs?

Ok, I read the edited version. You keep finding them, strange I have only really ever found one beside the poultry plant. Didn't take it home.
Last edited by 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

AAFitz wrote:This is Tommy, aka Tomasina. Found it at a jobsite one night, brought it home, and ended up keeping her.

She turned into this little flock:

More to come...

We've got 6 or 8 chickens at my place and I'm pretty much addicted to fresh eggs. Chickens are easy keepers, useful and basically awesome! We've got a light in their coop so they keep on laying right through the winter.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re:

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:56 pm

2dimes wrote:She laid 3 fertilized eggs, or did you buy the other ones? Are you eating fresh eggs?

Ok, I read the edited version. You keep finding them, strange I have only really ever found one beside the poultry plant. Didn't take it home.

No no, we bought the other three as starter pullets, from an Agway type place. I used to eat the eggs but Im semi-vegetarian now, so I dont eat them anymore. One of my neighbor asks me for them all the time though. But I end up throwing away more than get eaten.
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 pm

KoolBak wrote:Name: Brabus

Fave Snack: Yorkies

:shock:

Actually little dogs like to play with him....race around his big lumbering ass like hornets around a schoolbus :lol:

Goofy 110 lb furcoated razorblade....unless you're trying to break in the house / car, or mess with my kids, the nicest, happiest, lickingest dog in the world....11 years old and acts like 2.

Also likes Canookx (gave Dimey a thorough licking and now has a taste for Great White Hosers)

Click image to enlarge.

Trying to compensate for all that sewing you do? ;)
Too much. I know.

Postby KoolBak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm

:lol: Something like that.....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
chang50 wrote:Couldn't stay in the same house as a dog,I find everything about them repulsive,the noise,the smell,the slobbering,the aggression..ugh...

Those are all things I love about my dog. :mrgreen:
And if you are going to compare dogs to cats, might I remind you that catshit is probably the most overpowering smell known to man?

Human shit is the worst. Chicken shit is a close second.

-TG

Maybe, but chicken shit composts very well, and is pretty good for fertilizer.
Too much. I know.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 pm

AAFitz wrote:
2dimes wrote:She laid 3 fertilized eggs, or did you buy the other ones? Are you eating fresh eggs?

No no, we bought the other three as starter pullets, from an Agway type place. I used to eat the eggs but Im semi-vegetarian now, so I dont eat them anymore. One of my neighbor asks me for them all the time though. But I end up throwing away more than get eaten.

There was a young guy that bought a ride on a B-29 by selling eggs. I'll see if I can find a link.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 pm

2dimes wrote:There was a young guy that bought a ride on a B-29 by selling eggs. I'll see if I can find a link.

That pilot must have been hungry as hell.
Too much. I know.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Something like that. I can't find it right now but basically the kid sold eggs for 2 or 3 years and saved all the money for an airplane ride.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm

2dimes wrote:Something like that. I can't find it right now but basically the kid sold eggs for 2 or 3 years and saved all the money for an airplane ride.

Nice. I dont sell 'em, I give 'em. My neighbor lets them forage for bugs, and I return those bugs, in egg form. :D
Too much. I know.

Re: Re:

Postby krusher on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

AAFitz wrote:
2dimes wrote:Something like that. I can't find it right now but basically the kid sold eggs for 2 or 3 years and saved all the money for an airplane ride.

Nice. I dont sell 'em, I give 'em. My neighbor lets them forage for bugs, and I return those bugs, in egg form. :D

don't really know much about chicken, would the eggs hatch if you let the chickens lay on it and how do they lay eggs without a rooster to breed with them? BTW nice chickens they look big and healthy. I'm sure they'd taste delicious :lol:
Captain krusher

Postby oVo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 pm

krusher wrote:Name: Krusher (Named after my online Alias)
Description: Crawfish, (only had him for about 2 days)
Known for: Jaw's murderer.. and according to the pet shop guy a bottom feeder/scanvenger that was supposed to clean up the fish tank....SMH

I doubt krusher was the source of Jaw's demise. The crawfish was probably
just taking care of the expired beta.

I raised three newly hatched Red Eared Sliders (turtles) in an aquarium for their first year along with a few small bass and for a while one crawfish. Not sure if it was the turtles or the bass who ate the soft shelled delicacy when it molted the second time.

I currently have a female canine roomate 37 [dog] years old
and a pair of feline sisters about nine months old.
Major oVo

Postby nietzsche on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 am

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Look man, no one's clicking your link to look at your chiuauas.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,