Conquer Club

Godlike Forsight

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Rock the vote!

Total votes : 0

Re: Godlike Forsight

Postby john9blue on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 pm

crispybits wrote:
GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS AND WE CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND HIS MOTIVES OR INTENTIONS!!!

I HAVE A BIBLE HERE THAT EXPLAINS ALL ABOUT GOD'S MOTIVES AND INTENTIONS AND IS THE TRUE WAY TO KNOW HIM!!!!

I ALSO POST IN CAPS BECAUSE I THINK IT MAKES MY POINTLESS POINT MORE POINTY!!!

oh, were we taking about christianity? i thought we were talking about god. my bad bro.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I'm Catholic for a bunch of different reasons. I was raised Catholic. I enjoy mass and it makes me feel better to attend and to pray generally. I think the Catholic Church does some horrible things, but it does some good things too (just like any other organization). I don't like when the church preaches down to people, especially about things where turning the other cheek might be a good idea, but I can't change that thinking by leaving and what the Catholic church says does not cause me to run my life a certain way in all cases.

Truth is I've met some really great people that are devout Catholics. Even ~gasp~ a couple of priests that seemed ok. It's a good thing too because it's difficult for me to not get angry at what the leadership has done. They're not the only ones but they are the biggest and best.

I didn't mind getting lumped in with you and the cat lady. If anything it was unfair of BBS to bring you two down by comparing us.

TDG wrote:In any event, all religions have bad guys and good guys and do good things and bad things. But all groups of people, all societies, have bad guys and good guys and do good things and bad things. I'm a citizen of the United States; this country has done some fucked up shit but I still support it. I'm an attorney, which houses some of the most vile scum and villainy, but I'm not leaving the profession. I'm a libertarian, although it's just a collection of washed-up Republicans and stoners.

Pretty reasonable in my opinion.

In a small way I admire you trying to be or bring some good to those groups.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby crispybits on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:14 pm

john9blue wrote:
crispybits wrote:
GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS AND WE CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND HIS MOTIVES OR INTENTIONS!!!

I HAVE A BIBLE HERE THAT EXPLAINS ALL ABOUT GOD'S MOTIVES AND INTENTIONS AND IS THE TRUE WAY TO KNOW HIM!!!!

oh, were we taking about christianity? i thought we were talking about god. my bad bro.

Nah you can insert any religious text into there, just my impression from other posts you've made is that you're christian so I used the christian one. I could just as easily have said Torah or Qu'ran or whatever.
Major crispybits

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

crispybits wrote:

That is a fucked up fetish you have there.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby crispybits on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 pm

POINTY

POINTY

POINTY!!!

mmmmm *fap fap fap*
Major crispybits

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

john9blue wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:You mean the morals that he/she/it supposedly handed down to humans in various texts as the word of god(s) to be followed upon threat of eternal damnation? So he/she/it is a "do as I say, not as I do" type of god. Still a dick.

-TG

Show me a case of religion where the morals aren't given to humans by the divine, by some medium or another, as a model of how to conduct oneself. Also show that in these same religions there aren't consequences for transgressions of these morals.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,