Conquer Club

JELO secret diplomacy[noted]SN

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

JELO secret diplomacy[noted]SN

Postby GI O on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Accused:

JELO

The accused are suspected of:

Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 11893483

Comments:
We are team 2 / team 3 are dead, the accused is JELO of team 4, the below is a message entered into game chat by Chewie1, a member of team 1.
Please kick JELO out of the game - we would rather win or lose to chewie1 for his honesty, and would not want this left to "chance".

2013-02-01 12:22:12 - Chewie1: Game 11893483 Round 51 Sent: Feb 1st, '13, 09:44 From: JELO To: Chewie1 I propose a pact until elimination of yellow and blue, we do not attack our territories "bonus" respectively. are you okay? good day
2013-02-01 12:23:13 - Chewie1: Sending me a private message to propose an alliance is classed as cheating Jelo. so I have posted for others to read..
Corporal 1st Class GI O

Re: JELO secret diplomacy

Postby Koganosi on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:05 am

For this to be true. The guy who got the PM, aka Chewie1, has to use the triangle with the ! mark in it. This so the mods can see the mail and take steps against this guy.

If this doesnt happen, your probably dont really have a strong case sadly, caus there wont be enough proof for the mods.

Also since this seems to be the first time this guy gets caught, he will probably just get away with a warning. Or there is other things going on. After searching C&A, he didnt show in any other reports.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Re: JELO secret diplomacy[pending]SN

Postby sniffie on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Previous post is correct, I need the post that Chewie received to make a verdict.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:26 am

I'm not big into reporting people hence I posted the message in game chat rather than make a C&A wasting mods time.

Team 2 have on more than 1 occasion encouraged Jelo to attack me, to the point it was annoying.

I posted the message in game chat to make them aware that Jelo had made a request for an alliance, I generally believe the guy didnt mean to have any secret diplomacy thats why I didnt want to take it any further.

Unfortunately Team 2 want him kicked as then they can win the game (its flat rate trench) I have no chance of beating them onmy own.

I say cut the block some slack he has apologised in chat, he will have learnt his lesson.
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby Koganosi on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:38 am

Chewie1 wrote:I'm not big into reporting people hence I posted the message in game chat rather than make a C&A wasting mods time.

Team 2 have on more than 1 occasion encouraged Jelo to attack me, to the point it was annoying.

I posted the message in game chat to make them aware that Jelo had made a request for an alliance, I generally believe the guy didnt mean to have any secret diplomacy thats why I didnt want to take it any further.

Unfortunately Team 2 want him kicked as then they can win the game (its flat rate trench) I have no chance of beating them onmy own.

I say cut the block some slack he has apologised in chat, he will have learnt his lesson.

Pretty much if you dont use the triangle he probably wont get anything going to! Might be a warning, that he shouldnt do it with the rules stated etc, wich probably can learn him maybe even more about it.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:00 am

I think you are going to have to report it chewie, because although you think that an apology is an acceptable punishment, the other players in the game do not. They won't win the game even if found guilty, the first tier in SD is a warning only. And if you are correct, he will have learned his lesson after his warning from the mods.

If he still doesn't get it, a 1 week ban isnt too bad either.

Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 pm

this is secret diplomacy but the whole situation is rather ironic.
will jelo get kicked out of the game if chewie reports it? if it's the case, chewie is basically penalyzing himself and his team which seems rather unfair, he's been honnest and reported it in game chat.
the fair thing to do would be to give jelo a warning and leave him in the game. I'm pretty sure he just wasn't aware it's considered cheating and his truce request is the only option for him and chewie. looks like the OP found a sneaky way to win asking for jelo to get kicked out.
Major betiko

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:39 pm

betiko wrote:this is secret diplomacy but the whole situation is rather ironic.
will jelo get kicked out of the game if chewie reports it? if it's the case, chewie is basically penalyzing himself and his team which seems rather unfair, he's been honnest and reported it in game chat.
the fair thing to do would be to give jelo a warning and leave him in the game. I'm pretty sure he just wasn't aware it's considered cheating and his truce request is the only option for him and chewie. looks like the OP found a sneaky way to win asking for jelo to get kicked out.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby GI O on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 pm

in all honesty, i expect Chewie to win whether Jelo is kicked or not. regardless of our 2 vs 1 scenario, both Chewie & Jelo receive larger bonuses than us, and both have larger armies than us combined. whether they realise this or not is immaterial it is a fact i cannot change.
i am not vindictive, and don't want him banned, but i don't want to lose the game to someone who has attempted secret diplomacy during that game.
i don't consider myself sneaky at all - and the assumption i am is offensive to me, and you're making assumption on the outcome of a game that i'm assuming you don't see the map of (it is fog) - chewie has all the bonuses from one set of shields, jelo has another, and the other set is split and all are unbreakable.
regardless of any of the above, ignorance (of the laws) is no excuse in any circumstances, and Jelo shoudl be kicked from the game.
Corporal 1st Class GI O

Postby betiko on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm

GI O wrote:in all honesty, i expect Chewie to win whether Jelo is kicked or not. regardless of our 2 vs 1 scenario, both Chewie & Jelo receive larger bonuses than us, and both have larger armies than us combined. whether they realise this or not is immaterial it is a fact i cannot change.
i am not vindictive, and don't want him banned, but i don't want to lose the game to someone who has attempted secret diplomacy during that game.
i don't consider myself sneaky at all - and the assumption i am is offensive to me, and you're making assumption on the outcome of a game that i'm assuming you don't see the map of (it is fog) - chewie has all the bonuses from one set of shields, jelo has another, and the other set is split and all are unbreakable.
regardless of any of the above, ignorance (of the laws) is no excuse in any circumstances, and Jelo shoudl be kicked from the game.

lol! they each dropped 9, you guys got 10 combined, this is not about the bonus, it's trench and escalating (you just traded the 10) you guys control combined as much territories as them combined. and you have 2 players trading spoils. stop telling stupid things, chewie has no chance vs you 2 and there is no reason why he should lose a game because he reports the message somenoe else posted him and he had the decency to report it.
Oh and by the way, first offense you get "noted", not even a warning, giving a warning is already harsh for a first offense. Good luck with getting him kicked out of the game for a first offense on the site, nice try (also clearly due to noobing this rule, not sneaky secret diplomacy).
What you are doing is way dirtier than what jelo did. they are not doing anything wrong by attacking the most powerfull team left.
Major betiko

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:58 pm

betiko wrote: looks like the OP found a sneaky way to win asking for jelo to get kicked out.

Betiko, in all respect,
i dont think u can bash my clanmate g io since he thought it is honest to report cheaters,
it seems like ure supporting cheating or secret diplomacy,

jelo could have used the open chat, thats what g io was doing in the first place when he tried to explain to orange- jello
that green - chewie 1 is winning the game ( since orange was constantly attacking us and not green )

but instead using the open chat he used a sneaky pm, and green- chewie 1 knew that his clean record is in danger
( thats why he reported it to us in game chat ) which is understandable,

so i dont think it is right from u to take a stand and defend a cheater, thats ironic too,

gio did what he thought is the best, and so did chewie1 ,

jello should be kicked out of the game,
chewie1 can keep his clean record,

and yes , we should win the game , ( we deserve it anyway- were the only intact team standing, and have killed the rest to get were we are )
good day gentleman

and if green wins because of jells help ( since he thinks he owes one to green ) than this is a perfect example that cheaters can get away
with everything - and thats the wrong message to all

after all , everybody was a sportsman and honest, except orange- jello, think about it
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:
betiko wrote: looks like the OP found a sneaky way to win asking for jelo to get kicked out.

Betiko, in all respect,
i dont think u can bash my clanmate g io since he thought it is honest to report cheaters,
it seems like ure supporting cheating or secret diplomacy,

jelo could have used the open chat, thats what g io was doing in the first place when he tried to explain to orange- jello
that green - chewie 1 is winning the game ( since orange was constantly attacking us and not green )

but instead using the open chat he used a sneaky pm, and green- chewie 1 knew that his clean record is in danger
( thats why he reported it to us in game chat ) which is understandable,

so i dont think it is right from u to take a stand and defend a cheater, thats ironic too,

gio did what he thought is the best, and so did chewie1 ,

jello should be kicked out of the game,
chewie1 can keep his clean record,

and yes , we should win the game , ( we deserve it anyway- were the only intact team standing, and have killed the rest to get were we are )
good day gentleman

and if green wins because of jells help ( since he thinks he owes one to green ) than this is a perfect example that cheaters can get away
with everything - and thats the wrong message to all

after all , everybody was a sportsman and honest, except orange- jello, think about it

chewie can keep his clean record? wow, you are too nice, you're sparing his life, he offensively received an SD PM that he reported...
and no, I'm not defending cheating, I am defending fair punishments.
You seem to think that a first offense ever of SD means getting kicked out of the game and it's not the case. From what i've seen it's noted->warning->kicked out.
There are 3 teams involved here and doing that gives you guys an unfair advantage; probably causing chewie's team to lose because he did the right thing. This could be an example for players why they should not report SD sollicitations and we don't want that.
Also jelo clearly didnt know he used a bad form to propose something legal. team up against you gus to avoid losing. This bad form is considered cheating and he did a mistake. Since it's the first time he deserves a noted or a warning, anything over that would be out of proportions.
Major betiko

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:05 pm

I am defending fair punishments.

if thats the case , im fully with u, but please dont forget that gi o didnt know the steps from warning, to 2 warning and so on,
in his mind was that reporting a cheater is right away final to be kicked of the game
therefore he stated it like ----- " jello should be kicked of the game"

now he knows the site warning rules and he is fine with that, as is me,

still as this game is going on, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:I am defending fair punishments.

if thats the case , im fully with u, but please dont forget that gi o didnt know the steps from warning, to 2 warning and so on,
in his mind was that reporting a cheater is right away final to be kicked of the game
therefore he stated it like ----- " jello should be kicked of the game"

now he knows the site warning rules and he is fine with that, as is me,

still as this game is going on, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

you shouldn't. if you lose this game, saying that it's because of the truce solicitation by PM is not honest. the PM didn't change absolutely anything on the board, it was reported immediately and this is what happens most of the times in a 3 dubs game; if 2 teams are down to 1 player and the third has 2 players, mostly in an escalating game, well they're going to truce at least until you guys are down to 1 player. not doing so would be stupid.
Major betiko

Postby sniffie on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm

I have noted this for future reference.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Re: JELO secret diplomacy[noted]SN

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:37 am

Comon, Sniffie WTF is "noted for future reference' supposed to mean? Don't just obsfucate you jurisdicial imperative...this IS a very important/quirky case...I would think that Chewie shouldn't be compelled to provide evidence (damn you Joe McCarthy!!!)...but either way you need to give some sort of adjudication rather than noted...set some guidelines, don't sit on the fence...
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Re: JELO secret diplomacy[noted]SN

Postby Just_essence on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 am

It means that in the future, if an issue concerning the same player comes up again, this will be on their minds when making a second decision.
Private Just_essence

Return to Closed C&A Reports