Conquer Club

Tournament Database Cleanup & Official Tournaments

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tournament Database Cleanup & Official Tournaments

Postby Night Strike on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm

In order to facilitate the upcoming release of new Tournament Contribution and Achievement medals, I have to spend some time cleaning up the Tournament Database records. As most of you are probably aware, both Clans and the Society of Cooks currently piggy-back on our database in order to run events in their forums. Although I'm sure that most of the records are accurate, we still have to do our due-diligence in ensuring accuracy. All Clan and SoC events that are labeled as Completed will have all their organizers and winners removed from the active record. Organizers are not permanently removed from the list as their names are just crossed off, but that event will not be included in the count of the Hall of Fame. Winners won't be seen at all by the public, but there is a permanent record of all database transactions stored within each entry (assuming the entry isn't deleted, which these won't be) if records ever need to be gathered.

Additionally, we will be taking this opportunity to clean up and clarify some of our procedures with Official Tournaments. There have previously been inconsistencies with whether or not medals were handed out and winners/organizers recognized for Official Tournaments. We have decided that no tournament medals/recognition of any kind will be awarded for Official Tournaments. As such, in addition to cleaning those entries up in the database, any medals that were previously awarded for Official Tournaments will be removed. I will ensure that any person who has a winner's medal removed still has a General Achievement medal on their profile for that same event. I will make a list of organizers who lose a medal and will consult with the Entertainment Team as to whether or not a different type of medal will be awarded.

If you believe that I have made any removals or adjustments in error, please politely post here with the issues. It will probably take me a few days to go through everything, so give me some time before letting me know if I forgot to remove something. I will post here when I believe the transactions are completed. Thank you for your understanding and continual support of CC Tournaments.

~Night Strike
Head Tournament Director
Major Night Strike

Re: Tournament Database Cleanup & Official Tournaments

Postby chemefreak on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 am

Clans aren't able to issue medals through that system, so this shouldn't effect anything. Also, we don't keep track of "organizers" so I don't think that will be an issue either. So long as active clan wars don't lose privileges or something stupid while you are playing with the wires, I think we will be okay.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 am

I knew I wasn't getting an organiser's medal for my Official, as I think does everyone who works for Entertainment. I had originally hoped to give TWs to the winners, but Gilligan already set me straight on that one. GAs are less common and therefore more valuable than TWs anyway. :twisted:

It's too bad that I don't get anything for the Clan tournament that I ran. It was certainly one of the more labour-intensive ones I've done. But I guess that's how they do things over there.

Anyway, just posting my agreement that this is all as it should be.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 am

sounds good

if you need any help at all just let me know, i'll send chapcrap a message
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 pm

chemefreak wrote:Clans aren't able to issue medals through that system, so this shouldn't effect anything. Also, we don't keep track of "organizers" so I don't think that will be an issue either. So long as active clan wars don't lose privileges or something stupid while you are playing with the wires, I think we will be okay.

Correct. I don't expect there to be any issues or clan events counted in the Hall of Fame when they shouldn't be because you all worked out your system from the start, but I still have to check things. And at least replacing active privileges would be easy to do.....it would be an accidental deletion that would cause problems. 8-[

Dukasaur wrote:It's too bad that I don't get anything for the Clan tournament that I ran. It was certainly one of the more labour-intensive ones I've done. But I guess that's how they do things over there.

Maybe you should request that of the Clan Directors, especially when they get their own database system. ;)
Major Night Strike

Postby chemefreak on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Night Strike wrote:.....it would be an accidental deletion that would cause problems. 8-[

Trust me. They will let us know within 5 minutes of an accidental deletion!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:12 am

I have a question: Why will the policy be no medals issued for official tournaments?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:I have a question: Why will the policy be no medals issued for official tournaments?

Yes. The only medals issued will be GA Medals associated with the tournaments.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 pm

chapcrap wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:I have a question: Why will the policy be no medals issued for official tournaments?

The question was why. ;)

The why is because almost all official tournaments are run by other departments and are not subject to the minimum tournament requirements. They simply use the tournament database for game-creation and facilitating the events. However, all of them do give out some prize other than a tournament medal already such as General Achievement medals and/or premium membership.
Major Night Strike

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:34 am

Night Strike wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

The question was why. ;)

The why is because almost all official tournaments are run by other departments and are not subject to the minimum tournament requirements. They simply use the tournament database for game-creation and facilitating the events. However, all of them do give out some prize other than a tournament medal already such as General Achievement medals and/or premium membership.

Understood :) thank you!! :)
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

My portion of the clean-up should be completed at this point. If you have any issues or notice any, please let me know. Thank you for the understanding.
Major Night Strike

Return to Tournament Archives