Conquer Club

Some bug I assume??

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Some bug I assume??

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm

When I search for my tournament games only 1 come up, but it says there are 8 games.
Click image to enlarge.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Some bug I assume??

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Gillipig wrote:When I search for my tournament games only 1 come up, but it says there are 8 games.
Click image to enlarge.

you can only see fully invited games if you are in them.

it is not a bug. CC wants to make it easier for freemiums to join games so they removed TO's ability to easily track their tournaments.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:19 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Gillipig wrote:When I search for my tournament games only 1 come up, but it says there are 8 games.
Click image to enlarge.

you can only see fully invited games if you are in them.

it is not a bug. CC wants to make it easier for freemiums to join games so they removed TO's ability to easily track their tournaments.

This must've been changed recently. I remember that it wasn't this way the last tournament I ran. As for the reason to it's change....BS!! Freemiums are a pain for tournament organizers! If you can't even easily check if they can join the game they sign up for....well that just makes it worse for everyone involved! It's not like they're getting free games to spend on tournaments, that might actually help getting freemiums into tournaments, if they had 2 extra games they could spend on tournament games we might see more freemiums in tournaments. This is just a bad bad idea however.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Night Strike on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm

They're supposed to be redoing it so at the very least organizers can see their own tournament games.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Night Strike wrote:They're supposed to be redoing it so at the very least organizers can see their own tournament games.

that would be great but that still doesn't help us see if a freemium has slots available.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Night Strike wrote:They're supposed to be redoing it so at the very least organizers can see their own tournament games.

that would be great but that still doesn't help us see if a freemium has slots available.

Doesn't it?

You couldn't see pending reservations before this anyway.

Once a single invite is accepted, isn't it back to its original state?
Captain Gilligan

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Gilligan wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Doesn't it?

You couldn't see pending reservations before this anyway.

Once a single invite is accepted, isn't it back to its original state?

By selecting active and waiting we could see what they had joined

and no its not
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Captain Gilligan

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

those are team games.

for some reason the update to hide games does not affect team games. all 1v1 & 3 to 8 player standard/assassin/terminator disappear.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby lostatlimbo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:57 am

So they are fixing this then? Can't run tournaments like this and most of mine are 1v1!
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Re: Some bugs I assume??

Postby DaveH on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm

It's the new policy of trying out stuff without telling anyone first.

I think you get one of these new medals if you manage to work out what is happening. :D
Corporal DaveH

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 pm

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:25 pm

And somebody should fix the underlying problem. This update is clearly not appreciated by the TO's, why else would the natural response be that it must be some kind of bug?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Gillipig wrote:And somebody should fix the underlying problem. This update is clearly not appreciated by the TO's, why else would the natural response be that it must be some kind of bug?

It's already been stated somewhere else that they are working on a fix for this.

I'm hoping it will come soon.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Jippd on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:43 am

Just coming here to voice my opinion that I would like to see a fix for this as well. The impossibility to see invited games causes logistical problems!
Major Jippd

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Gillipig wrote:And somebody should fix the underlying problem. This update is clearly not appreciated by the TO's, why else would the natural response be that it must be some kind of bug?

It's already been stated somewhere else that they are working on a fix for this.

working, they were made aware this would be a problem 1 month prior to implementing this
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 pm

greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

working, they were made aware this would be a problem 1 month prior to implementing this

I don't disagree with you.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:27 pm

So everyone's clear, none of the TDs can do anything about this, so continually posting about it won't help. I've already been told by rds that it should be fixed by the end of the week but hopefully sooner. He's pestering the coder to get it fixed, and if the deadline passes, I'll bug him again for a fix. The TDs were not involved in submitting or consulting on the update that caused the problem, so we were just as in the dark about it going to happen as you all were.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:51 am

Night Strike wrote:So everyone's clear, none of the TDs can do anything about this, so continually posting about it won't help. I've already been told by rds that it should be fixed by the end of the week but hopefully sooner. He's pestering the coder to get it fixed, and if the deadline passes, I'll bug him again for a fix. The TDs were not involved in submitting or consulting on the update that caused the problem, so we were just as in the dark about it going to happen as you all were.

i wasn't aware anyone thought you guys had anything to do with this.

why weren't you asked to give input/feedback?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Night Strike on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 am

greenoaks wrote:
Night Strike wrote:So everyone's clear, none of the TDs can do anything about this, so continually posting about it won't help. I've already been told by rds that it should be fixed by the end of the week but hopefully sooner. He's pestering the coder to get it fixed, and if the deadline passes, I'll bug him again for a fix. The TDs were not involved in submitting or consulting on the update that caused the problem, so we were just as in the dark about it going to happen as you all were.

i wasn't aware anyone thought you guys had anything to do with this.

why weren't you asked to give input/feedback?

I'm guessing they were just worried about making public games easier to find and didn't think there could be a bad result for tournament organizers and others.
Major Night Strike

Postby draza123 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 am

It works for me... I just don't pick anything in the Game Finder but my tournament. I'm going to guess that selecting Show in Hide Reserved Game would fix your problem, but I don't have the problem to begin with, so I can't test it out.
Cook draza123

Return to Tournament Archives