Conquer Club

Finally Some News

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby Swifte on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:57 pm

betiko wrote:
BunnRee wrote:
betiko wrote:1500?? why set it at an almost impossible mark.. so 20-100-400-1500... I thought that more logically it would be 1000 or 1200.. and is it 200 for crossmap?

I already have 3906 ... \:D/ Bee

wasn't talking about ratings! ;) I think that like most people I just ocasionally rated players once I had reached the gold, ratings can be acheived very easily compared to any other medal ;)

I don't think the others will be set as high as 1500. Only ratings.
Colonel Swifte

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Correct!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:10 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Correct!

BMO

yes, it's 1000 otherwise you wouldn't get 5 diamonds! ;)
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Nothing happened yet? Well I hate to say I told you so (not really) but this is what happens in programming, issues pop up and deadlines get pushed. So to go out and announce it before everything was finished, wasn't very smart.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Gillipig wrote:Nothing happened yet? Well I hate to say I told you so (not really) but this is what happens in programming, issues pop up and deadlines get pushed. So to go out and announce it before everything was finished, wasn't very smart.

well if it was pretty much done and they knew that some were pressuring to get this going( :twisted: ), we can't really blame them, no harm done if it takes a few extra days, just hope we're not talking of a month !
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:44 pm

betiko wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Nothing happened yet? Well I hate to say I told you so (not really) but this is what happens in programming, issues pop up and deadlines get pushed. So to go out and announce it before everything was finished, wasn't very smart.

well if it was pretty much done and they knew that some were pressuring to get this going( :twisted: ), we can't really blame them, no harm done if it takes a few extra days, just hope we're not talking of a month !

We can blame them for announcing an update too early.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Gillipig wrote:
betiko wrote:

We can blame them for announcing an update too early.

I blame you gillipig
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:30 pm

I didn't say for sure when it would be here, just what I was planning. Of course, issues pop up, but now you've also had time to medal hunt before they're here. :-$

BMO

Re: Finally Some News: Game Finder

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Quick Update!

Firstly, the Conquer Cup V has started! Good luck to all participants that will be battling it out ;).

Reserved Games Fix

Secondly, we now have an effective fix to the Hide Reserved Games feature in our Game Finder:

that will allow you to choose to see them or not. The default is set to no, and the redundant checkbox will be removed shortly. Simply select yes if you'd like to hide games that are fully reserved from your search. I have more updates coming soon concerning other bug fixes. Til now, that's all! Thank you for your time,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 am

I've been curious to see what it would look like to have 2 of the same medals (or 2 medals at all) conquercup super acheivements. I guess you guys are working on that one, cause the result is... a text! lol
this guy is the one:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=398162
Major betiko

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 am

betiko wrote:I've been curious to see what it would look like to have 2 of the same medals (or 2 medals at all) conquercup super acheivements. I guess you guys are working on that one, cause the result is... a text! lol
this guy is the one:

Fixed! Sorry about the mishap. I guess lack never thought someone would be getting the same medal twice ;).

BMO

Postby Pirlo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:17 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
betiko wrote:I've been curious to see what it would look like to have 2 of the same medals (or 2 medals at all) conquercup super acheivements. I guess you guys are working on that one, cause the result is... a text! lol
this guy is the one:

Fixed! Sorry about the mishap. I guess lack never thought someone would be getting the same medal twice ;).

BMO

I thought he was smarter :P
Captain Pirlo

Postby Jippd on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:21 am

So how's it coming
Major Jippd

Re: Finally Some News: Game Finder

Postby Armandolas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Quick Update!

Firstly, the Conquer Cup V has started! Good luck to all participants that will be battling it out ;).

Reserved Games Fix

Secondly, we now have an effective fix to the Hide Reserved Games feature in our Game Finder:

that will allow you to choose to see them or not. The default is set to no, and the redundant checkbox will be removed shortly. Simply select yes if you'd like to hide games that are fully reserved from your search. I have more updates coming soon concerning other bug fixes. Til now, that's all! Thank you for your time,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

This is not working for me.
When i click Yes for not showing those games, they keep on showing
Colonel Armandolas

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm

There has been a bug reported that it does not work for team games.

BMO

Postby Armandolas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:There has been a bug reported that it does not work for team games.

BMO

It does not work for 1vs 1 as well
Colonel Armandolas

Postby therev1957 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Alas my saliva is gone...I have been salivating over the new medals for over a month... :o :shock:
Lieutenant therev1957
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 pm

2 Weeks today exactly :D

BMO

Postby Pirlo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:2 Weeks today exactly :x

BMO

are you admitting you lied to us? :P
Captain Pirlo

Postby therev1957 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:24 pm

BMO

I started with the rumor!!!!
Lieutenant therev1957
SoC Training Adviser

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Pirlo wrote:

BMO

are you admitting you lied to us? :P

Baby don't hurt me, no more. No lies, I said I hoped for a week, or as the OP says:

"a short time to come". It hasn't been too long ;)

BMO

Postby Jippd on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 pm

"Initially, all three of these were to be released tonight, but some last minute testing shown that items 2 & 3 weren't ready for user consumption just yet, and they will be released within the next week or so (could be tomorrow, could be a week! Either way, it will be soon). So, let's break down the first order of business:"

"within the next week or so" is where I think most people are getting the idea of a week. We are definitely in the 'or so' part now.

I think a great way to make members understand the delays is to explain to us what is going on besides. "We are working on some bugs" It will help us to understand the steps and processes that are being taken to improve our gaming experience and what exactly the hold ups are.
Major Jippd

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Jippd wrote:"Initially, all three of these were to be released tonight, but some last minute testing shown that items 2 & 3 weren't ready for user consumption just yet, and they will be released within the next week or so (could be tomorrow, could be a week! Either way, it will be soon). So, let's break down the first order of business:"

"within the next week or so" is where I think most people are getting the idea of a week. We are definitely in the 'or so' part now.

I think a great way to make members understand the delays is to explain to us what is going on besides. "We are working on some bugs" It will help us to understand the steps and processes that are being taken to improve our gaming experience and what exactly the hold ups are.

Sure.

1) There was an error transferring files for the free speed games, and once they had been transferred from the test build, there were some problems that needed to be fixed such as players needing to have restrictions on games joined, not only games created. Another bug was some of the error messages weren't displayed properly, and for the release time to ensure that we don't repeat past mistakes, we are now undergoing far more extensive testing to make the next Free Speed Game update as optimal as possible.

2) Hide Reserved Games
There was little foresight into seeing how this would truly affect tournament games based on user preference, so developing the option for this in place of not being able to choose at all (original) had to be rolled out quickly. We are also now testing a more optimal and fixed version that fixes the other related bugs, since we wanted to roll out the option to hide them or not ASAP, we didn't focus on fixing the actual bugs of how it works right away. That is being worked on now, and to compensate on our hastiness, is undergoing more thorough testing and feedback with the programmer than before.

Neither of those 2 things were expected to happen when I had released the original statement. The other setback was that ConquerClub now has a new test server for us Admins and Tech Team to test things on! The setup for this took a while since it is completely isolated from the live site (as the old one was not, which is what caused one of the downtimes about a month ago). The sudden stack of tasks and bugs has put the less functional medal coding behind, but it is next to-do (pending anything else, such as above!). Still working with a new programmer learning CC, and I'm still learning timing. No secrets here -- trying to get the ball rolling! :D

BMO

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 am

Good job RDS!

Work is continuing, we can understand hiccups along the way, and good honest updates like the one above help make everyone feel they're not being ignored!

Kudos on all the improvements!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:25 am

thanks for the answer rds! how many programmers are working full time for the site by the way?
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives