Conquer Club

Trench warfare on Cyprus map

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Trench warfare on Cyprus map

Postby swoopy00091 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Game 12354390

Hi, I recently joined a 1v1 Trench warfare game on the Cyprus map. This is not a map i have played much at all, however, unless i am been incredibly stupid i cant see a way i can possibly win this game. There are a couple of "Killer neutrals" on the map, one is DHEKELIA which borders PARALIMMI. PARALIMMI is ONLY bordered by DHEKELIA which resets to 2 x neutrals at the start of the turn. There are no special victory conditions that i can see, and with trench settings i cant possibly ever take PARALIMMI....

Am i missing something really obvious??

Oh and if i am not i would like to double this post as a "suggestion" and ask that trench be made impossible to play on this map and claim the "implemented suggestion" medal to boot !!

Dreading replies as i must be missing something obvious !!!!
Sergeant 1st Class swoopy00091

Re: Trench warfare on Cyprus map

Postby greenoaks on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm

swoopy00091 wrote:Game 12354390

Hi, I recently joined a 1v1 Trench warfare game on the Cyprus map. This is not a map i have played much at all, however, unless i am been incredibly stupid i cant see a way i can possibly win this game. There are a couple of "Killer neutrals" on the map, one is DHEKELIA which borders PARALIMMI. PARALIMMI is ONLY bordered by DHEKELIA which resets to 2 x neutrals at the start of the turn. There are no special victory conditions that i can see, and with trench settings i cant possibly ever take PARALIMMI....

Am i missing something really obvious??

Oh and if i am not i would like to double this post as a "suggestion" and ask that trench be made impossible to play on this map and claim the "implemented suggestion" medal to boot !!

Dreading replies as i must be missing something obvious !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you must be incredibly stupid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

from the Instructions tab at the top of every page
Special Gameplay: Trench Warfare

With trench warfare you can only assault from regions held continuously since the start of your turn. If you conquer a region (or re-conquer a region) you cannot assault further from that region during the same turn. The one exception being 'killer neutrals' (explained on the Gameplay Notes page) from which you may continue assaulting.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby swoopy00091 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Well you learn something every day !! Thanks (now i feel really stupid and will check gameplay notes in future) !!!
Sergeant 1st Class swoopy00091

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:37 am

swoopy00091 wrote:Well you learn something every day !! Thanks (now i feel really stupid and will check gameplay notes in future) !!!

Don't feel stupid people ask all the time. Even after I knew the rule I still posted one night when I was tired and confused and had forgotten about the rule.
Major Jippd

Return to Conquer Club Discussion