Conquer Club

NHL Lockout?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will there be another NHL lockout this season?

Total votes : 0

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck THE MAPLE LEAFS

Considering we lost Lupul, we are fucked. Don't you be worrying none, your Pens are still going to Rock the Casbah this year.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby tzor on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Speaking of ... The Islanders just won over the Male Leafs and now they have a 2-1 record. =D>
Cadet tzor

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:54 pm

The season is a hell of a lot more exciting with the shorter schedule. Every game matters that much more.

Except when you play the Islanders. The games still don't matter then.

I'm sort of disappointed they'll be moving to Brooklyn because then I can't buy ass-cheap tickets to see them play the Penguins (was 7 rows from the glass for 30 bucks last week).
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Except when you play the Islanders. The games still don't matter then.

Bullshit! The Islanders can still beat the Rangers, even if it is a shootout. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:22 am

tzor wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Except when you play the Islanders. The games still don't matter then.

Bullshit! The Islanders can still beat the Rangers, even if it is a shootout. :twisted:

Yeah but the Rangers suck.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby xeno on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 am

Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:

Yeah but so does hockey
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 am

xeno wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:

Yeah but so does hockey

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby xeno on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 am

Army of GOD wrote:
xeno wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:

Yeah but so does hockey

I don't understand the attention these lesser sports like soccer get in this forum
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah, c'mon guys! Everyone knows the only decent sports are the ones where men where skin-tight pants.
Captain Timminz

Postby tzor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:

The Rangers are currently ranked 8th in the conference (out of 15) and 17th in the league (out of 30) so if half of the NHL teams suck, then you are correct. I mean not everyone can be Penguins. (Say it fast and you know why Peng Wins!)
Cadet tzor

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:22 pm

tzor wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:

The Rangers are currently ranked 8th in the conference (out of 15) and 17th in the league (out of 30) so if half of the NHL teams suck, then you are correct. I mean not everyone can be Penguins. (Say it fast and you know why Peng Wins!)

Half of the teams do suck...

Definition of suck: not in the playoffs.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby tzor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Definition of suck: not in the playoffs.

Good thing we are not talking about baseball then. Frankly I think the NHL playoff system is a joke as it is; too many teams are in the so called "playoffs." It's practically a second season.

P.S. I've also leaked preemptive information about you to Chicago Cubs fans. May God have mercy upon your soul.

P.P.S. Rangers are currently ranked 7 ... if the standings continue they will be in the playoffs; therefore they cannot suck by your definition.
Cadet tzor

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:14 am

what a heart-wrenching game. Vokoun played like a dead dog.

The only team I fear in the playoffs are the Flyers and not because they're better. They just play really well in Pittsburgh. I think we only have 1 win against them in the new arena?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 am

Malkin =(
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:15 am

Seriously though what's the point of a sport that's only available to a third of the world.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:31 am

xeno wrote:Seriously though what's the point of a sport that's only available to a third of the world.

I dont think you mean the sport, maybe the league? Hockey is big in Russia and Canada (two largest countries in the world) plus Usa, Europe, Scandinavia, and Japan throughout the previous century. This pretty much makes it available in half of the world. The rest of the world isnt interested in hockey because it is too cost ineffective to build hockey rinks and provide the service due to the geographical constraints.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:53 am

Lil_SlimShady wrote:
xeno wrote:Seriously though what's the point of a sport that's only available to a third of the world.

I dont think you mean the sport, maybe the league? Hockey is big in Russia and Canada (two largest countries in the world) plus Usa, Europe, Scandinavia, and Japan throughout the previous century. This pretty much makes it available in half of the world. The rest of the world isnt interested in hockey because it is too cost ineffective to build hockey rinks and provide the service due to the geographical constraints.

No I mean the sport, obviously television makes the league accessible to the entire globe but what's the point of watching a game you've never played and never can play? You hockey fans can never answer this question. I do enjoy the fights but there's boxing if I want to watch that sort of thing
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 pm

xeno wrote:
Lil_SlimShady wrote:

No I mean the sport, obviously television makes the league accessible to the entire globe but what's the point of watching a game you've never played and never can play? You hockey fans can never answer this question. I do enjoy the fights but there's boxing if I want to watch that sort of thing

Your logic can be extended to so many sports then. What about biathlon, cross country skiing, snowboarding? Most of the world does not have the possibility to promote those sports yet they are part of the Olympics. The only sport that you can safely say is accessible to all of the world is football (soccer) because all you need to play that is a field and a ball.
To answer your question, there is no point of watching a game you have never played and never will play but hockey is not broadcasting for people like that. There is a specific market segment that is interested in hockey and they are the ones that demand it and watch it. I don't think anyone places hockey as one of the global sports but that doesnt make it any less irrelevant. It's not curling.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Lil_SlimShady wrote:
xeno wrote:
Lil_SlimShady wrote:

Your logic can be extended to so many sports then. What about biathlon, cross country skiing, snowboarding? Most of the world does not have the possibility to promote those sports yet they are part of the Olympics. The only sport that you can safely say is accessible to all of the world is football (soccer) because all you need to play that is a field and a ball.
To answer your question, there is no point of watching a game you have never played and never will play but hockey is not broadcasting for people like that. There is a specific market segment that is interested in hockey and they are the ones that demand it and watch it. I don't think anyone places hockey as one of the global sports but that doesnt make it any less irrelevant. It's not curling.

I think it's a lot more irrelevant than most of you have deluded yourselves into thinking. The best athletes in the world don't have ice rinks in their neighborhood
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm

xeno wrote:
Lil_SlimShady wrote:
xeno wrote:
Lil_SlimShady wrote:

I think it's a lot more irrelevant than most of you have deluded yourselves into thinking. The best athletes in the world don't have ice rinks in their neighborhood

But how can you compare athletes from different sports and what is the criteria for deciding who is the "best" athlete? It is like trying to compare classical and modern art, or two movies from different genres. Hockey players are skilled in one category while, lets say, football players are skilled in another. It's apples and oranges. And hockey is not as irrelevant as you might think. It has a higher fanbase/participation rate and is more widespread than some of the other sports which are concentrated in only one area (ex: American football). Also, throughout the 20th century, hockey was used as a non-violent means of deciding national superiority (USSR vs Canada vs USA). It reflects well the culture of participating countries and the qualities that that specific culture finds desirable: toughness and determination.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby Neoteny on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm

The best athletes get paid to injure other athletes.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby tzor on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:57 pm

xeno wrote:No I mean the sport, obviously television makes the league accessible to the entire globe but what's the point of watching a game you've never played and never can play? You hockey fans can never answer this question. I do enjoy the fights but there's boxing if I want to watch that sort of thing

Because the question is based on a false premise. The person I work with plays goal tender in a small friendly league in the area. If I wasn't already 50, I might even decide to join such a team. Mind you I do join a lot of bowling teams but I think watching bowling on TV is boring as shit. Yes, hockey wasn't a big sport in my area when I was young, but I was borderline nerd at the time. Frankly, I like the pace and the play of the game. Oh and I like the Zamboni.
Cadet tzor

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Neoteny wrote:The best athletes get paid to injure other athletes.

Yet the highest salaries are in sports that are not cosidered to be violent but rather prestige (ex:golf)
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby tzor on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Lil_SlimShady wrote:

Yet the highest salaries are in sports that are not cosidered to be violent but rather prestige (ex:golf)

There are no "salaries" in golf. :twisted:
Golfers get their money from sponsors (advertisements) and prizes for actually winning games.
Cadet tzor

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 pm

tzor wrote:
Lil_SlimShady wrote:

There are no "salaries" in golf. :twisted:
Golfers get their money from sponsors (advertisements) and prizes for actually winning games.

Fine, then babeball and auto racing, happy? =)
Captain Lil_SlimShady

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,