Conquer Club

Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition

Old information and materials.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby General Quigley on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 pm

I am creating the first Nuclear Competition (that I know of). I am doing this because I love nuclear play. From having played many standard nuclear games with a large number of participants, I have the perception that very few people have a good conceptual grasp of just how radically different the strategy for nuclear spoils is in this situation from all the other types of games played here at CC, or how to succeed in a standard nuclear spoils game that has 8 players. I have gained this perception from time after time seeing highly ranked players making an experiment of joining a nuclear game only to see them becoming one of the first players excreted from the fun. Caveat/warning: if you are nursing (and really care about) your high ranking, keep playing one-on-one Age of Realms games; you will probably lose that high ranking long before you figure out good nuclear strategy if you join too many of these games. By running these competitions periodically (maybe four times per year) my goal is to promote some friendly competition in nuclear games and increase the awareness of just how fun this variant of the game can be.

This Winter 2013 Competition will consist of 10 games played on 20 different maps for a total of 200 games available. It will run from today, February 8, 2013, until the 200th game finishes, probably some time in April 2013. All 200 games will be started by me. I will be playing in most of the earliest games just to get the competition established; however, I will not be playing in every competition game. To be fair to all competitors, I am limiting my participation by pledging not to participate in the most number of competition games. I may tie with the participant who has played in the most, but I will not end this competition with a larger participation total than everyone else.

This competition is similar to a tournament as the word is commonly understood, but is not an elimination type tournament, a round robin, or even a Swiss System type of tournament. In that respect, this competition is running on conceptually very different lines than tournaments currently being run here on Conquer Club. To avoid confusion then, I am going to be careful to call this event a Competition. One big difference is that I will not be sending invites to anyone, or announcing or otherwise informing anyone individually when new games are going to be available for the competition. To participate in the competition, you simply enter yourself in by joining competition games. (See below for more details on how to identify competition games.) Some participants may not even know they are participating in the competition, especially at first. They may have just joined an open game! It's not a problem; they're still in. Competitions are very inclusive that way!

WINTER 2013 COMPETITION CRITERIA
Number of players: 8
Initial troops: automatic
Play order: freestyle
Spoils: nuclear (of course!)
Reinforcements: chained
Special Gameplay: there will be fog of war and this will be trench warfare for this competition
Round Limit: none
Round length: 24 hours

To see which 20 maps the competition will be contested on, scroll down.

(For future competitions, I am open to varying maps played on as well as the settings for Initial troops, play order, reinforcements, special gameplay, and round limit. You can let me know of a different preference by private mail if you like. If I get a large enough number of requests from different people, or you alone make a really good argument for a different map or setting, I'll try out the new suggestion next competition.)

If you are interested, there are two ways you can find out when new competition games become available:
1) You can click on my name and see what competitions I am in that meet the competition criteria, and then join, or
2) I will post new competition game numbers to the bottom of the running score as soon as I create the new games. I will create new games at randomly selected times two or three times per week.

Scoring will be as follows:
Gold medal - The game winner. Worth 3 points.
Silver medal - The last person the game winner beat. Worth 2 points.
Bronze medal - The next to last person that was in the game. Worth a point.

Points will be tabulated and tracked by me here at this forum. Please do not make rude comments to opponents in game chat. These can get you banned from future competition games participation. The goal is FRIENDLY competition. Please have as few people on your enemies list as possible. Another goal is to allow anyone who wants to a chance to participate in the competition.

I think that is all you need to know to get started. I'll make announcements here at this forum as needed when issues arise. Now, without further ado, let's get the fun started. Here are competition games you can join as of this posting! If these slots are all filled up by the time you read this, don't despair. I will post 5-10 more games to join every 2-3 days.

IBERIA MAP
Game 1 - 12293250: General Quigley, Tallishpaul, jsmus ... so far
Game 16 - 12328646: General Quigley ... so far

JAPAN MAP
Game 2 - 12298061: General Quigley, aboynamedboobs, arouser ... so far

FIRST NATIONS AMERICAS MAP
Game 3 - 12302155: General Quigley ... so far

FIRST NATIONS NORTH AMERICA MAP
Game 4 - 12302157: General Quigley ... so far

FIRST NATIONS SOUTH AMERICA MAP
Game 5 - 12302159: General Quigley, DominatED ... so far

HIVE MAP
Game 6 - 12302164: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, wreckermom, Worminabottle ... so far
Game 17 - 12328647: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
Game 7 - 12307188: General Quigley, StinknLincoln, titocakes ... so far
Game 15 - 12328645: General Quigley ... so far

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
Game 8 - 12307191: General Quigley, richman688 ... so far
Game 18 - 12328649: General Quigley ... so far

LONDON MAP
Game 9 - 12308581: General Quigley, skadic ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
Game 10 - 12317211: General Quigley, TrickyMH, kahlua ... so far

8 THOUGHTS MAP
Game 11 - 12317214: General Quigley ... so far

DOODLE EARTH MAP
Game 12 - 12317220: General Quigley ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
Game 13 - 12322455: General Quigley ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
Game 14 - 12322456: General Quigley ... so far

WWII WESTERN FRONT MAP
Game 19 - 12331027: General Quigley ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
Game 20 - 12331030: General Quigley ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
Game 21 - 12331036: General Quigley ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
Game 22 - 12331041: General Quigley ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
Game 23 - 12331049: General Quigley ... so far

AUSTROHUNGARIAN EMPIRE MAP
Game 24 - 12331055: General Quigley ... so far
Last edited by General Quigley on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lieutenant General Quigley

Re: Winter 2013 Nuclear Tournament

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm just gonna lock this so that I can talk to you about tournaments for a little bit. I think you may be trying to run more of a callout league instead of tournament.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 pm

After discussion with the good General, this will be moved to Callouts.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:40 pm

This doesn't make sense. How can you start games without playing in them? Also, this is by no means the first nuclear tournament. Dukasaur has run an entire series (History of Nuclear War), and so have other players. If you want more info on high level nuclear play, I can let you know.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition Update 1

Postby General Quigley on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:58 pm

[This doesn't make sense. How can you start games without playing in them? Also, this is by no means the first nuclear tournament. Dukasaur has run an entire series (History of Nuclear War), and so have other players. If you want more info on high level nuclear play, I can let you know.]

Okay, I am getting quite an education as I get this Competition going. Dukasaur was kind enough to write and enlighten me as well on the Nuclear tournaments that have been started here at Conquer Club (CC) and invite me to a few. I declined because I am interested in a different style of competing. Many of CC's tournaments are elimination style and have a fixed number of entrants. I am a tournament chess player, and from my perspective elimination style is a rather harsh way of doing things. Round Robin style tournaments can take forever. I have figured out a way around having registrations and fixed numbers of entrants before a competition can start. What I am offering is, to my mind, a superior way of competing, one not tied to rank or other prequalification factors either.

I was in error to originally call what I was setting up a tournament. By CC definition of what a tournament is, that is not what I have set up. I apologize for any confusion my having named what I was doing a tournament may have caused. To avoid any further nomenclature confusion, I will, going forward, call what I have set up a competition so that people will know it is very different than a normal CC tournament. I have also had my notice moved to the Callouts section of the CC forums to further separate what I am doing from normal CC tournament play.

As for your last question, how can I start games without playing in them; that is a bit tricky, but I have found a way. I can launch the game, and then as it fills up drop the game before the eighth player joins. The game will start without me then and still count as a tournament game. See the notes to the Iberia map below if you don't get what I mean yet. I will check the game I have dropped by its number periodically for the results. This idea of dropping games works only if the games don't fill faster than I can drop them (not a problem so far). If that becomes an issue, I have thought of a way around that involving inviting a person who I know is inactive. That way, the game can't fill before I get a chance to drop out and then soon after I drop, the inactive person's invite will fall off too. That slows things down at the start by about 24 hours though, so hopefully I won't have to resort to using that method.

I have great news. The first four of the series of 200 Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition games are under way. See below. Twenty maps at the time of this writing still have openings if you want in on this great competition!

IBERIA MAP
Under Way - Game 1 - 12293250: General Quigley, Tallishpaul, jsmus, xetyaR, 69Chevy, schwalve, oidacoel, and gordo guy [This game has begun and we are competing for gold (3 points), silver (2 points), and bronze (1 point).]
Open - Game 16 - 12328646: GeorgeKombi, Guderian09 ... so far [This game is OPEN for more participants. Notice I am no longer in this game; however, it still qualifies as a Competition game.]

JAPAN MAP
Under Way - Game 2 - 12298061: General Quigley, aboynamedboobs, arouser, 69Chevy, Douglasdestroyer, niparo.p, aflynmonkey8,
Smider

Open - Game 3 - 12302155: General Quigley, YipYipDog, Nite_Shadow ... so far

ML46 FIRST NATIONS NORTH AMERICA MAP
Open - Game 4 - 12302157: General Quigley ... so far

Open - Game 5 - 12302159: General Quigley, DominatED, YipYipDog, ML46 ... so far

HIVE MAP
Under Way - Game 6 - 12302164: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, wreckermom, Worminabottle, A.D., YipYipDog, and tottenhamfc [We are already up to Round 3!]
Open - Game 17 - 12328647: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
Under Way - Game 7 - 12307188: General Quigley, StinknLincoln, titocakes, YipYipDog, Mr. Magoo, ML46, spawando, and crazystef
Open - Game 15 - 12328645: General Quigley ... so far

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
Open - Game 8 - 12307191: General Quigley, richman688, Guderian09 ... so far
Open - Game 18 - 12328649: General Quigley ... so far

LONDON MAP
Open - Game 9 - 12308581: General Quigley, skadic ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
Open - Game 10 - 12317211: General Quigley, dmix12 ... so far

8 THOUGHTS MAP
Open - Game 11 - 12317214: General Quigley, niparo.p, GeorgeKombi ... so far

DOODLE EARTH MAP
Open - Game 12 - 12317220: General Quigley ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
Open - Game 13 - 12322455: General Quigley, 69Chevy ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
Open - Game 14 - 12322456: General Quigley, YipYipDog ... so far

WWII WESTERN FRONT MAP
Open - Game 19 - 12331027: General Quigley, ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
Open - Game 20 - 12331030: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
Open - Game 21 - 12331036: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
Open - Game 22 - 12331041: General Quigley, 69Chevy ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
Open - Game 23 - 12331049: General Quigley ... so far

Open - Game 24 - 12331055: General Quigley ... so far

LEADERBOARD
So far, there are no results to post here, but as soon as the first map finishes someone will have 3 points, another person 2, another 1, and so on untill all 1,800 points from the 200 games are cumulatively allotted.
Last edited by General Quigley on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition Update 1

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 pm

One thing you can do is make your games easier to reach by using the "Game" tag in the editor.

So this:
General Quigley wrote:AUSTROHUNGARIAN EMPIRE MAP
Open - Game 24 - 12331055: General Quigley ... so far

becomes this:
General Quigley wrote:AUSTROHUNGARIAN EMPIRE MAP
Open - Game 24 - Game 12331055: General Quigley ... so far

Now people who want to see that game can just click on the link instead of having to manually enter the game number into Game Finder. Just make sure that ONLY the number goes inside the game tags. If you accidentally leave any spaces or punctuation, it won't work.

Hope you didn't think I was slamming your idea. I'm glad to see you trying to do something like this.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Standings, Games Available

Postby General Quigley on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you for that tip, Dukasaur. I will certainly use it. I did not think you were putting down this competition. In fact, I am glad to know you run so many nuclear tournaments. Maybe when I am less busy....

The games are all mostly off and running. Here are the current standings, including a list of which games are available.

IBERIA MAP
1 is Under Way Game 12293250: General Quigley, Tallishpaul, jsmus, xetyaR, 69Chevy, schwalve, oidacoel, and gordo guy
16 is Under Way Game 12328646: GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, GeneralFault, Tallishpaul, farinelli, ravely, Theta, and DominatED

JAPAN MAP
2 is Under Way Game 12298061: General Quigley, aboynamedboobs, arouser, 69Chevy, Douglasdestroyer, niparo.p, aflynmonkey8, and Smider
25 is Open Game 12353841: General Quigley ... so far

3 is Under Way Game 12302155: General Quigley, YipYipDog, Nite_Shadow, ML46, DominatED, Geppetto, Solkim, and RenegadeSoldier
26 is Open Game 12353848: General Quigley ... so far

4 is Open Game 12302157: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, Napoleon2012, sthiain, mtst224 ...so far

5 is Under Way Game 12302159: General Quigley, DominatED, YipYipDog, ML46, castletoth, Darth_Armadillo, phiniganus, and hammerm3

HIVE MAP
6 is Under Way Game 12302164: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, wreckermom, Worminabottle, A.D., YipYipDog, and tottenhamfc
17 is Open Game 12328647: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, Worminabottle ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
7 is Under Way Game 12307188: General Quigley, StinknLincoln, titocakes, YipYipDog, Mr. Magoo, ML46, spawando, and crazystef
15 is Open Game 12328645: StinknLincoln, crazystef, titocakes .... so far

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
8 is Under Way Game 12307191: General Quigley, richman688, Guderian09, castletoth, rƶde orm, pathfinde1, wombat4, and Solkim
18 is Open Game 12328649: General Quigley, tommygun, crazystef ... so far

LONDON MAP
9 is Open Game 12308581: General Quigley, skadic ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
10 is Under Way Game 12317211: General Quigley, skadic, 69Chevy, GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, newmike, rexistop, and
bunyan82

8 THOUGHTS MAP
11 is Open Game 12317214: General Quigley, niparo.p, GeorgeKombi, crazystef, Ragot25 ... so far

DOODLE EARTH MAP
12 is Open Game 12317220: General Quigley, crazystef, Spinal ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
13 is Open Game 12322455: General Quigley, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams, Dirty Dog ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
14 is Open Game 12322456: General Quigley, YipYipDog, gksozae ... so far

WWII WESTERN FRONT MAP
19 is Open Game 12331027: General Quigley, ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
20 is Under Way Game 12331030: General Quigley, crazystef, Sweed dreams, Ragot25, Napoleon2012, Addypoo, wtfmejtz, and Flann

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
21 is Open Game 12331036: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
22 is Open Game 12331041: General Quigley, 69Chevy, crazystef ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
23 is Open Game 12331049: General Quigley, crazystef, pmhedt, ArkieDog ... so far

24 is Open Game 12331055: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

LEADERBOARD
So far, there are no results to post here, but as soon as the first map finishes someone will have 3 points, another person 2, another 1, and so on untill all 1,800 points from the 200 games are cumulatively allotted.

GQ

Re: Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition Update 1

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

General Quigley wrote:All of CC's tournaments are elimination style and have a fixed number of entrants.

That is not true. I mentioned that to you in messages, but maybe you missed it.

Good luck with your competition.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition

Postby General Quigley on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:32 pm

I looked for and could not find an exception to my statement above. By elimination, I mean maybe round 1 starts with something like 32 players. By round 2, eight are eliminated, and it's down to 24 players, etc. All of CC's tournaments appear to me to be run on that kind of elimination basis: winnowing numbers of participants as the rounds progress.

My format for this Competition does away with eliminating people, or even requiring registration. I believe the most skilled nuclear player of standard multi-player games here at Conquer Club will emerge the victor of this competition. At 200 games length, chances of a fluke win are minimized. I also think there is a very good chance the victor will be a person ranked sergeant or less. That's because I am pretty certain high-ranking players have not figured out effective strategies for these specific types of games. The strategy needed here is so different from the formulaic mode of play that is taught elsewhere at this site (for standard map and escalating spoils, for example) that I suspect high ranking players will be unable to cope. :lol:

Anyway, I am eager to see who emerges as Conquer Club's Standard Multiplayer Nuclear Champion a few months from now. Should be fun!

GQ

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Here are 3 different ones that I have done. None of them had an elimination. This is a small sample of tournaments like this. I have at least 30 more like this just that I have done.

viewtopic.php?t=174765
viewtopic.php?t=155303
viewtopic.php?t=158627
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby General Quigley on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Hmmm, okay, I have edited the posts above to hopefully eliminate erroneous statements. Thank you for the education.

I notice Dukasaur runs a standard multiplayer nuclear tournament that has only a tinge of elimination to it. That looks so interesting that I actually signed up for it.

Now I am thinking maybe the top four scorers from the Winter 2013 Nuclear Competition here could form a team to take on Dukasaur's top four from his last completed nuke tournament for a team vs team clash of people who really understand nuclear strategy. That could be quite a game. It would be like making the Pro Bowl for the competitors!

GQ

Postby crazystef on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 am

I am loving the tournament. Great concept. Keep up the good work.
Private 1st Class crazystef

Postby General Quigley on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 am

Thank you, crazystef. Once the Competition is fully under way and we start seeing some scores on the Leaderboard I think things will heat up even more!

Happy Valentines Day, nuclear devastators! Here are the maps that are under way and available for joining as of Feb. 14, 2013.

IBERIA MAP
1 is Under Way Game 12293250: General Quigley, Tallishpaul, jsmus, xetyaR, 69Chevy, schwalve, oidacoel, and gordo guy
16 is Under Way Game 12328646: GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, GeneralFault, Tallishpaul, farinelli, ravely, Theta, and DominatED

JAPAN MAP
2 is Under Way Game 12298061: General Quigley, aboynamedboobs, arouser, 69Chevy, Douglasdestroyer, niparo.p, aflynmonkey8, and Smider
25 is Open Game 12353841: General Quigley, crazystef, Hastuneon ... so far

3 is Under Way Game 12302155: General Quigley, YipYipDog, Nite_Shadow, ML46, DominatED, Geppetto, Solkim, and RenegadeSoldier
26 is Open Game 12353848: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

4 is Under Way Game 12302157: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, Napoleon2012, sthiain, mtst224, RNGR79, and Ragnars Wolves
27 is Open Game 12362409: General Quigley ... so far

5 is Under Way Game 12302159: General Quigley, DominatED, YipYipDog, ML46, castletoth, Darth_Armadillo, phiniganus, and hammerm3
28 is Open Game 12362415: General Quigley ... so far

HIVE MAP
6 is Under Way Game 12302164: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, wreckermom, Worminabottle, A.D., YipYipDog, and tottenhamfc
17 is Open Game 12328647: THE_BLUEVIKING, Worminabottle, AlexEverard ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
7 is Under Way Game 12307188: General Quigley, StinknLincoln, titocakes, YipYipDog, Mr. Magoo, ML46, spawando, and crazystef
15 is Open Game 12328645: StinknLincoln, crazystef, titocakes, idusmars, .... so far

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
8 is Under Way Game 12307191: General Quigley, richman688, Guderian09, castletoth, rƶde orm, pathfinde1, wombat4, and Solkim
18 is Open Game 12328649: tommygun, crazystef, AlexEverard ... so far

LONDON MAP
9 is Under Way and I don't know if it's just the new London map, but this one seems particularly brutal. Lots of street fighting in this urban guerilla warfare game! Game 12308581: General Quigley, skadic, 69Chevy, GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, newmike, rexistop, and bunyan82
29 is Open Game 12362444: General Quigley ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
10 is Under Way Game 12317211: General Quigley, skadic, 69Chevy, GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, newmike, rexistop, and
bunyan82
30 is Open Game 12362452: General Quigley ... so far

8 THOUGHTS MAP
11 is Under Way Game 12317214: General Quigley, niparo.p, GeorgeKombi, crazystef, Ragot25, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, and fastdevil
31 is Open Game 12362466: General Quigley ... so far

DOODLE EARTH MAP
12 is Under Way. Eight players all crammed on this tiny board. Talk about insane! Game 12317220: General Quigley, crazystef, Spinal, Slaylark, AlexEverard, aflynmonkey8, pulaski, and idusmars
32 is Open Game 12362480: General Quigley ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
13 is Open Game 12322455: General Quigley, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams, Dirty Dog, bmcubs87, and aboynamedboobs ... so far
33 is Open Game 12362490: General Quigley ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
14 is Open Game 12322456: General Quigley, YipYipDog, gksozae ... so far
34 is Open Game 12362496: General Quigley ... so far

WWII EUROPE MAP
19 is Open Game 12362508: General Quigley, ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
20 is Under Way Game 12331030: General Quigley, crazystef, Sweed dreams, Ragot25, Napoleon2012, Addypoo, wtfmejtz, and Flann
35 is Open Game 12362517: General Quigley ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
21 is Open Game 12331036: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, idusmars ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
22 is Open Game 12331041: General Quigley, 69Chevy, crazystef, JLCC ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
23 is Under Way Game 12331049: General Quigley, crazystef, pmhedt, ArkieDog, bmcubs87, jimviz, mathonwy, and iampretty
36 is Open Game 12362527: General Quigley ... so far

24 is Open Game 12331055: General Quigley, AlexEverard, crazystef, idusmars ... so far

LEADERBOARD

Postby General Quigley on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 am

Greetings fellow Nuclear Devastators. We finally have someone to post to the leaderboard. Congratulations crazystef for winning the bronze on the Doodle Earth map! You have the honor of drawing first blood. Slaylark (a major) and Spinal (a cook) are still fiercely contesting the gold there. So, it's down to a one-on-one, like Rocky vs. Apollo all over again. =D> They have five territories each. It's anyone's game!

LEADERBOARD
1. crazystef - 1 point

Game 1 (on the Iberia Map) has gone 13 rounds now, and so far no one has been eliminated. For a nuclear game on such a small map, I can't believe it! Game 3 on the First Nations Americas map has similarly gone 19 rounds without anyone eliminated. There is some really good competition here folks! Game 7 on the American Civil War map is down to just 3 players: YipYipDog, ML46, and crazystef. They are competing for the color of their medal now.

IBERIA MAP
1 is Under Way Game 12293250: General Quigley, Tallishpaul, jsmus, xetyaR, 69Chevy, schwalve, oidacoel, gordo guy
16 is Under Way Game 12328646: GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, GeneralFault, Tallishpaul, farinelli, ravely, Theta, DominatED

JAPAN MAP
25 is Under Way Game 12353841: crazystef, Hastuneon, farinelli, Gunir, 11Joan11, AlexEverard, tnecniv3, and DominatED

26 is Open Game 12353848: General Quigley, crazystef, Gunir ... so far

4 is Under Way Game 12302157: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, Napoleon2012, sthiain, mtst224, RNGR79, and Ragnars Wolves
27 is Open Game 12362409: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

28 is Open Game 12362415: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef ... so far

HIVE MAP
17 is Open Game 12328647: THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, Crazy Karl, Worminabottle ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
15 is Under Way Game 12328645: StinknLincoln, crazystef, titocakes, idusmars, CJMONSTERNATOR, ML46, HBP, Stryder23

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
18 is Under Way Game 12328649: tommygun, crazystef, AlexEverard, Crazy Karl, dpeterjohnson09, ibon43, bs08eofc, Roetroc

LONDON MAP
9 is Under Way Game 12308581: General Quigley, skadic, 69Chevy, GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, newmike, rexistop, and bunyan82
29 is Open Game 12362444: steon2007, crazystef, king blaze, AlexEverard, EsaNahka ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
bunyan82
30 is Open Game 12362452: General Quigley, crazystef, and AlexEverard ... so far

8 THOUGHTS MAP
11 is Under Way Game 12317214: General Quigley, niparo.p, GeorgeKombi, crazystef, Ragot25, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, and fastdevil
31 is Open Game 12362466: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

DOODLE EARTH MAP
12 is Under Way Game 12317220: General Quigley, crazystef, Spinal, Slaylark, AlexEverard, aflynmonkey8, pulaski, and idusmars
32 is Open Game 12362480: crazystef, baggie-adam, AlexEverard ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
13 is Under Way Game 12322455: General Quigley, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams, Dirty Dog, bmcubs87, aboynamedboobs, CJMONSTERNATOR, crazystef
33 is Open Game 12362490: General Quigley, crazystef, and aboynamedboobs ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
14 is Under Way Game 12322456: General Quigley, YipYipDog, gksozae, crazystef, Slakca, itmitche71, iampretty, JJMastermind
34 is Open Game 12362496: General Quigley, crazystef, and niparo.p ... so far

WWII EUROPE MAP
19 is Open Game 12362508: General Quigley, tommyqwerty, crazystef, and AlexEverard ... so far
37 is Open Game 12375762: General Quigley ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
35 is Open Game 12362517: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef, AlexEverard, and DominatED ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
21 is Under Way Game 12331036: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, idusmars, Enochs BarmyArmy, Phil Gates, farinelli, mijamiso
38 is Open Game 12375770: General Quigley ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
22 is Under Way Game 12331041: General Quigley, 69Chevy, crazystef, JLCC, farinelli, Gunir, bs08eofc, blankityblank
39 is Open Game 12375776: General Quigley ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
23 is Under Way Game 12331049: General Quigley, crazystef, pmhedt, ArkieDog, bmcubs87, jimviz, mathonwy, and iampretty
36 is Open Game 12362527: General Quigley ... so far

24 is Under Way Game 12331055: General Quigley, AlexEverard, crazystef, idusmars, 69Chevy, BogdanNS, Spinal, withmejulie
40 is Open Game 12375782: General Quigley ... so far

Postby General Quigley on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:39 am

Things are moving fast now! We have had three games concluded, so the Leaderboard gets some updates. Congratulations to Gold medal winners 69Chevy, slaylark, and ML46!

I have been giving an issue a lot of thought. The Leaderboard may not be an entirely fair, competetive way to measure success in our competition. What if one competitor plays in 190 of the 200 games being offered while another plays in 70 of the games? Let's say the person who played in 190 games accumulates 95 points, and the person who plays in 70 garners 70 points. Should the person who avaerages half a point per game he enters be considered the winner simply on the basis of having entered more of the games? Some might answer this "yes", others "no". I lean towards "no". I want to measure skill rather than persistence, quality over quantity. I therefore want to introduce another way of measuring who wins the Competition we are involved in.

I call this new measure the Skill Index. The Skill Index is a number that is derived from the raw number of points won in the competition divided by the number of games played, with some minimum number of games played in order to be listed. Thus, in our scenario above, player A's skill index number is 0.50 (190/95). Player B's is 1.00 (70/70). The minimum number of games played in order to be on the list will probably be set at 30 of the 200 games, maybe 40 (somewhere between 15 and 20 percent of the total number of games offered). Both the Leaderboard and the Skill Index will have importance, but I would like to consider the winner of the Competition to be the player with the highest skill index. I hope this refinement adds to the competetiveness and enjoyment of this competition.

LEADERBOARD
1. 69Chevy - 3 points
1. crazystef - 3 points
1. ML46 - 3 points
1. Slaylark - 3 points
5. General Quigley - 2 points
5. Spinal - 2 points
7. Smider - 1 point
7. YipYipDog - 1 point

SKILL INDEX (points won divided by games played)
69Chevy - 3.00 (3/1)
ML46 - 3.00 (3/1)
Slaylark - 3.00 (3/1)
Spinal - 2.00 (2/1)
crazystef - 1.50 (3/2)
Smider - 1.00 (1/1)
YipYipDog - 1.00 (1/1)
General Quigley 0.67 (2/3)

IBERIA MAP
1 is Under Way Game 12293250: General Quigley, Tallishpaul, jsmus, xetyaR, 69Chevy, schwalve, oidacoel, gordo guy
16 is Under Way Game 12328646: GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, GeneralFault, Tallishpaul, farinelli, ravely, Theta, DominatED
41 is Open Game 12385286: General Quigley ... so far

JAPAN MAP
2 is Concluded Game 12298061: 69Chevy - gold, General Quigley - silver, Smider - bronze
25 is Under Way Game 12353841: crazystef, Hastuneon, farinelli, Gunir, 11Joan11, AlexEverard, tnecniv3, DominatED
42 is Open Game 12385303: General Quigley ... so far

3 is Under Way Game 12302155: General Quigley, YipYipDog, Nite_Shadow, ML46, DominatED, Geppetto, Solkim, RenegadeSoldier
26 is Open Game 12353848: crazystef, Gunir, aboynamedboobs, 69Chevy, ungart ... so far

4 is Under Way Game 12302157: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, Napoleon2012, sthiain, mtst224, RNGR79, Ragnars Wolves
27 is Open Game 12362409: crazystef, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams ... so far

5 is Under Way Game 12302159: General Quigley, DominatED, YipYipDog, ML46, castletoth, Darth_Armadillo, phiniganus, hammerm3
28 is Open Game 12362415: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef ... so far

HIVE MAP
6 is Under Way Game 12302164: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, wreckermom, Worminabottle, A.D., YipYipDog, tottenhamfc
17 is Open Game 12328647: THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, Crazy Karl, Worminabottle ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
7 is Concluded Game 12307188: ML46 - gold, crazystef - silver, YipYipDog - bronze
15 is Under Way Game 12328645: StinknLincoln, crazystef, titocakes, idusmars, CJMONSTERNATOR, ML46, HBP, Stryder23
43 is Open Game 12385339: General Quigley ... so far

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
8 is Under Way Game 12307191: General Quigley, richman688, Guderian09, castletoth, rƶde orm, pathfinde1, wombat4, Solkim
18 is Under Way Game 12328649: tommygun, crazystef, AlexEverard, Crazy Karl, dpeterjohnson09, ibon43, bs08eofc, Roetroc
44 is Open Game 12385352: General Quigley ... so far

LONDON MAP
9 is Under Way Game 12308581: General Quigley, skadic, 69Chevy, GeorgeKombi, Guderian09, newmike, rexistop, bunyan82
29 is Under Way Game 12362444: steon2007, crazystef, king blaze, AlexEverard, EsaNahka, aboynamedboobs, fibolord, Ahbaseballer24
45 is Open Game 12385365: General Quigley ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
10 is Under Way Game 12317211: General Quigley, dmix12, crazystef, aboynamedboobs, ThEnemy, wtfmejtz, santyago, newmike
30 is Open Game 12362452: crazystef, AlexEverard ... so far

8 THOUGHTS MAP
11 is Under Way Game 12317214: General Quigley, niparo.p, GeorgeKombi, crazystef, Ragot25, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, fastdevil

DOODLE EARTH MAP
12 is Concluded Game 12317220: Slaylark - gold, Spinal - silver, crazystef - bronze
32 is Open Game 12362480: crazystef, baggie-adam, AlexEverard ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
13 is Under Way Game 12322455: General Quigley, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams, Dirty Dog, bmcubs87, aboynamedboobs, CJMONSTERNATOR, crazystef
33 is Open Game 12362490: crazystef, aboynamedboobs, PANZERS ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
14 is Under Way Game 12322456: General Quigley, YipYipDog, gksozae, crazystef, Slakca, itmitche71, iampretty, JJMastermind
34 is Open Game 12362496: crazystef, niparo.p, PANZERS ... so far

WWII EUROPE MAP
19 is Open Game 12362508: General Quigley, tommyqwerty, crazystef, AlexEverard, kosh26 ... so far
37 is Open Game 12375762: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
20 is Under Way Game 12331030: General Quigley, crazystef, Sweed dreams, Ragot25, Napoleon2012, Addypoo, wtfmejtz, Flann
35 is Under Way Game 12362517: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef, AlexEverard, DominatED, PANZERS, JJMastermind, ehaleva
46 is Open Game 12385394: General Quigley ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
21 is Under Way Game 12331036: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, idusmars, Enochs BarmyArmy, Phil Gates, farinelli, mijamiso
38 is Open Game 12375770: Enochs BarmyArmy, crazystef, 69Chevy ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
22 is Under Way Game 12331041: General Quigley, 69Chevy, crazystef, JLCC, farinelli, Gunir, bs08eofc, blankityblank
39 is Open Game 12375776: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
23 is Under Way Game 12331049: General Quigley, crazystef, pmhedt, ArkieDog, bmcubs87, jimviz, mathonwy, iampretty
36 is Open Game 12362527: General Quigley, crazystef, AlexEvarard ... so far

24 is Under Way Game 12331055: General Quigley, AlexEverard, crazystef, idusmars, 69Chevy, BogdanNS, Spinal, withmejulie
40 is Open Game 12375782: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

Postby crazystef on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 pm

wow you are doing great. This is a lot of work. I have now earned my cook hat back from being a serg last week. Much has to do with playing nuclear trench games. I don't care about rank it is fun.
Private 1st Class crazystef

Postby General Quigley on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 am

It's my pleasure, CrazyStef. Directing the Competition looks like more work than it is. I just update, or add to, my last post. I don't have to create them anew from scratch. Do not worry about being a cook so much. Anyone who takes you lightly because you are a cook will deserve the beating they receive. I have noticed a few higher ranked players are participating in the Competition, particularly in the Doodle Earth games, which surprises me. Because that map has the fewest territories, to my mind playing there most resembles buying a lottery ticket. Nevertheless, most high ranked players are not participating in the Competition that much. I figured that would be the case. These Competition games are competetive and well-played. Highly ranked players understand the great likeliness that they would lose ranking points here. This Competition is therefore for the brave and the skilled, those who are willing to let their ranking be as it may, and thus reflect their true skill level, rather than how well a rating may be nursed. [Image of a major suckling a rating. :lol: ]

One more game has concluded since my last post, a London Game won by yours truly. I consolidated the lower right corner of that map and then expanded out from there. The Leaderboard and Skill Index rankings are updated. Again, I consider the Skill Index to be the most important standing. It will determine the winner of this Competition. The more games played and thus tabulated, the more meaningfull the skill index standing. When I calculate in the eighth game concluded - so far there has only been four finished - all those with just 1 game played drop off the skill index for being below the minimum.

LEADERBOARD
1. General Quigley - 5 points
2-5. 69Chevy - 3 points
2-5. crazystef - 3 points
2-5. ML46 - 3 points
2-5. Slaylark - 3 points
6-7. GeorgeKombi - 2 points
6-7. Spinal - 2 points
8-10. bunyan82 - 1 point
8-10. Smider - 1 point
8-10. YipYipDog - 1 point

SKILL INDEX (points won divided by games played)
ML46 - 3.00 (3/1)
Slaylark - 3.00 (3/1)
Spinal - 2.00 (2/1)
69Chevy - 1.50 (3/2)
crazystef - 1.50 (3/2)
General Quigley 1.25 (5/4)
Smider - 1.00 (1/1)
YipYipDog - 1.00 (1/1)

IBERIA MAP
41 is Open Game 12385286: General Quigley, crazystef,newmike, maimerofmen ... so far

JAPAN MAP
25 is Under Way Game 12353841: crazystef, Hastuneon, farinelli, Gunir, 11Joan11, AlexEverard, tnecniv3, DominatED
42 is Open Game 12385303: General Quigley, crazystef, 69Chevy, maimerofmen ... so far

3 is Under Way Game 12302155: General Quigley, YipYipDog, Nite_Shadow, ML46, DominatED, Geppetto, Solkim, RenegadeSoldier
26 is Under Way Game 12353848: crazystef, Gunir, aboynamedboobs, 69Chevy, ungart, newmike, Flann, CJMONSTERNATOR

4 is Under Way Game 12302157: General Quigley, DominatED, crazystef, Napoleon2012, sthiain, mtst224, RNGR79, Ragnars Wolves
27 is Under Way Game 12362409: crazystef, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams, maimerofmen, arouser, boyer, jtburton, Tactical101

5 is Under Way Game 12302159: General Quigley, DominatED, YipYipDog, ML46, castletoth, Darth_Armadillo, phiniganus, hammerm3
28 is Under Way Game 12362415: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef, maimerofmen, mrgrateful, chicojah, Chemometrician, Smicrich

HIVE MAP
6 is Under Way Game 12302164: General Quigley, THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, wreckermom, Worminabottle, A.D., YipYipDog, tottenhamfc
17 is Under Way Game 12328647: THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, Crazy Karl, Worminabottle, TerryRF600, Balphagor, Badercovich, yesiamannoying
48 is Open Game 12394675: General Quigley ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
43 is Under Way Game 12385339: General Quigley, crazystef, titocakes, gdawgbhs, spawando, maimerofmen, boyer, peteszcz

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
8 is Under Way Game 12307191: General Quigley, richman688, Guderian09, castletoth, rƶde orm, pathfinde1, wombat4, Solkim
44 is Open Game 12385352: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

LONDON MAP
9 is Concluded Game 12308581: General Quigley - gold, GeorgeKombi - silver, bunyan82 - bronze
29 is Under Way Game 12362444: steon2007, crazystef, king blaze, AlexEverard, EsaNahka, aboynamedboobs, fibolord, Ahbaseballer24
45 is Open Game 12385365: General Quigley, crazystef, maimerofmen ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
10 is Under Way Game 12317211: General Quigley, dmix12, crazystef, aboynamedboobs, ThEnemy, wtfmejtz, santyago, newmike
30 is Open Game 12362452: crazystef, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, Freaky1, Gunir ... so far

8 THOUGHTS MAP
11 is Under Way Game 12317214: General Quigley, niparo.p, GeorgeKombi, crazystef, Ragot25, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, fastdevil

DOODLE EARTH MAP
32 is Under Way Game 12362480: crazystef, baggie-adam, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, MarktheMenace, generalmighty, mjc7890, mikeymike55
47 is Open Game 12394661: General Quigley ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
33 is Open Game 12362490: crazystef, aboynamedboobs, PANZERS, maimerofmen,XYZ1234 ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP

WWII EUROPE MAP
19 is Open Game 12362508: General Quigley, tommyqwerty, crazystef, AlexEverard, kosh26 ... so far
37 is Open Game 12375762: General Quigley, crazystef, gunir ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
20 is Under Way Game 12331030: General Quigley, crazystef, Sweed dreams, Ragot25, Napoleon2012, Addypoo, wtfmejtz, Flann
35 is Under Way Game 12362517: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef, AlexEverard, DominatED, PANZERS, JJMastermind, ehaleva
46 is Open Game 12385394: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
38 is Open Game 12375770: Enochs BarmyArmy, crazystef, 69Chevy ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
23 is Under Way Game 12331049: General Quigley, crazystef, pmhedt, ArkieDog, bmcubs87, jimviz, mathonwy, iampretty
36 is Open Game 12362527: General Quigley, crazystef, AlexEvarard ... so far

40 is Open Game 12375782: General Quigley, crazystef,maimerofmen ... so far

Postby General Quigley on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm

We have had four more games conclude since the last time I posted. Considering that we had only four total before then, as you can imagine we have had some big changes in who is leading the Competition. Not counting those players who have had only one game concluded, the leader of the Competition so far is Spinal. He is averaging a silver medal every time he plays a Competition game. That is outstanding! If you leave a note of congratulations on his wall, that would really be cool.

SKILL INDEX Points won divided by games played. Those in red have played only one Competition game and will fall off at 10 games concluded for not having been in enough Competition games (10% minimum) to fairly rate their play.
baggie-adam - 3.00 (3/1)
CJMONSTERNATOR - 3.00 (3/1)
DominatED - 3.00 (3/1)
Slaylark - 3.00 (3/1)
GeorgeKombi - 2.00 (2/1)
HBP - 2.00 (2/1)
mikeymike55 - 2.00 (2/1)

1. Spinal - 2.00 (4/2)
2. ML46 - 1.67 (5/3)
3. crazystef - 1.20 (6/5)
4-5. 69Chevy - 1.00 (3/3)
bunyan82 - 1.00 (1/1)
generalmighty - 1.00 (1/1)

4-5. General Quigley - 1.00 (6/6)
Smider - 1.00 (1/1)
6-7. StinknLincoln - 0.50 (1/2)
6-7. YipYipDog - 0.50 (1/2)
8. AlexEverard - 0.33 (1/3)
aflynmonkey8 - 0.00 (0/2)
titocakes - 0.00 (0/2)
idusmars - 0.00 (0/3)

POINTSBOARD
crazystef - 6 points
General Quigley - 6 points
ML46 - 5 points
Spinal - 4 points
69Chevy - 3 points
baggie-adam - 3 points
CJMONSTERNATOR - 3 points
DominatED - 3 points
Slaylark - 3 points
GeorgeKombi - 2 points
HBP - 2 points
mikeymike55 - 2 points
AlexEverard - 1 point
bunyan82 - 1 point
generalmighty - 1 point
Smider - 1 point
StinknLincoln - 1 point
YipYipDog - 1 point

IBERIA MAP
41 is Open Game 12385286: General Quigley, crazystef, maimerofmen ... so far

JAPAN MAP
42 is Open Game 12385303: crazystef, 69Chevy, maimerofmen, General Quigley ... so far

3 is Concluded Game 12302155: DominatED - gold, ML46 - silver, General Quigley - bronze
26 is Under Way Game 12353848: crazystef, Gunir, aboynamedboobs, 69Chevy, ungart, newmike, Flann, CJMONSTERNATOR
50 is Open Game 12411772: General Quigley ... so far

49 is Open Game 12402133: General Quigley, aboynamedboobs ... so far
51 is Open Game 12411778: General Quigley ... so far

28 is Under Way Game 12362415: General Quigley, steon2007, crazystef, maimerofmen, mrgrateful, chicojah, Chemometrician, Smicrich
52 is Open Game 12411785: General Quigley ... so far

HIVE MAP
17 is Under Way Game 12328647: THE_BLUEVIKING, AlexEverard, Crazy Karl, Worminabottle, TerryRF600, Balphagor, Badercovich, yesiamannoying
48 is Open Game 12394675: General Quigley ... so far

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
15 is Concluded Game 12328645: CJMONSTERNATOR - gold, HBP - silver, StinknLincoln - bronze
43 is Under Way Game 12385339: General Quigley, crazystef, titocakes, gdawgbhs, spawando, maimerofmen, boyer, peteszcz

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
44 is Open Game 12385352: General Quigley, crazystef ... so far

LONDON MAP
45 is Open Game 12385365: General Quigley, crazystef, maimerofmen, aboynamedboobs ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
27 is Under Way Game 12362409: crazystef, 69Chevy, Sweed dreams, maimerofmen, arouser, boyer, jtburton, Tactical101
30 is Under Way Game 12362452: crazystef, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, Freaky1, Gunir, bigdaddy40, totallyowned, Riverside111

8 THOUGHTS MAP
53 is Open Game 12411792: General Quigley ... so far

DOODLE EARTH MAP
32 is Concluded Game 12362480: baggie-adam - gold, mikeymike55 - silver, generalmighty - bronze
47 is Open Game 12394661: General Quigley, BluU ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
33 is Under Way Game 12362490: crazystef, aboynamedboobs, PANZERS, maimerofmen, XYZ1234, kfisher2, kennyingram, GoatSlayer
54 is Open Game 12411794: General Quigley ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
55 is Open Game 12411797: General Quigley ... so far

WWII EUROPE MAP
19 is Under Way Game 12362508: General Quigley, tommyqwerty, crazystef, AlexEverard, kosh26, u0rns, Birdman13, maimerofmen
37 is Open Game 12375762: crazystef, gunir, Tallishpaul, shabawazawhodo ... so far
56 is Open Game 12411803: General Quigley ... so far

EUROPE 1914 MAP
46 is Open Game 12385394: crazystef, Marshallbobby ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
38 is Open Game 12375770: Enochs BarmyArmy, crazystef, 69Chevy, DominatED ... so far
57 is Open Game 12411807: General Quigley ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
58 is Open Game 12411810: General Quigley ... so far

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
36 is Open Game 12362527: crazystef, AlexEvarard, Worminabottle ... so far
59 is Open Game 12411819: General Quigley ... so far

24 is Concluded Game 12331055: crazystef - gold, Spinal - silver, AlexEverard - bronze
40 is Under Way Game 12375782: General Quigley, crazystef,maimerofmen, 69Chevy, Marshallbobby, wombat4, shabawazawhodo, fetzzz
60 is Open Game 12411821: General Quigley ... so far

Postby General Quigley on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 am

In the last week we have had a record number fourteen games conclude. Before this week we had just twenty finished. So that brings the total up to 34 games concluded and now rated!

To make the list this time, you must have personally played in at least 5 games (15% of the completed games minimum) of the 34 completed. Only nine players have played in five or more of the 34 games so far concluded. Congratulations to AlexEverard who has really come on strong with the win of a couple gold medals recently. He moves into first by what looks like a difficult margin to make up. At 1.25 points as an average per game, that means AlexEverard expects better than third place each time he enters the game. That is an achievement!

I have opened nine new Competition games you can join just now to bring the total number of open available games to 10. Good luck!

SKILL INDEX Points won divided by games played.
AlexEverard - 1.25 (15/12)
YipYipDog - 0.80 (4/5)
General Quigley - 0.77 (20/26)
69Chevy - 0.71 (5/7)
farinelli - 0.67 (4/6)
DominatED - 0.50 (4/8)
crazystef - 0.37 (10/27)
maimerofmen - 0.17 (1/6)
aboynamedboobs - 0.00 (0/5)

IBERIA MAP
41 is Under Way Game 12385286: General Quigley, crazystef, maimerofmen, shabawazawhodo, DominatED, Darth_Armadillo, ravely, fibolord

JAPAN MAP
25 is Concluded Game 12353841: 11Joan11 - gold, tnecniv3 - silver, crazystef - bronze
42 is Under Way Game 12385303: crazystef, 69Chevy, maimerofmen, General Quigley, Darth_Armadillo, ML46, EoinH, Ahbaseballer24
61 is Open Game 12478116: General Quigley ... so far

50 is Under Way Game 12411772: General Quigley, kennuy07, AlexEverard, Pecka, arminius75, 11Joan11, Flann, gemini1512

49 is Under Way Game 12402133: General Quigley, aboynamedboobs, DominatED, tnecniv3, Boondizzle_Buick, Nswift04, idusmars, Bilbo1_OC
51 is Under Way Game 12411778: General Quigley, kennuy07, farinelli, Boondizzle_Buick, idusmars, 11Joan11, Flann, newmike

52 is Under Way Game 12411785: General Quigley, kennuy07, AlexEverard, Darth_Armadillo, Funkaholic, Wolfboy137, geobarto, Stephen the III

HIVE MAP
48 is Under Way Game 12394675: General Quigley, AlexEverard, farinelli, yonstineru, Hellandir, Machee, fibolord, juttenwhoopty

AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MAP
62 is Open Game 12478125: General Quigley ... so far

PELOPONNESIAN WAR MAP
18 is Concluded Game 12328649: Roetroc - gold, tommygun - silver, Crazy Karl - bronze
44 is Concluded Game 12385352: Solkim - gold, gdawgbhs - silver, mduminiak - bronze
63 is Open Game 12478129: General Quigley ... so far

CLASSIC CITIES: LONDON MAP
29 is Concluded Game 12362444: AlexEverard - gold, Ahbaseballer24 - silver, EsaNahka - bronze
45 is Under Way Game 12385365: General Quigley, crazystef, maimerofmen, aboynamedboobs, jez_smith, shabawazawhodo, beire1990, swagga232
64 is Open Game 12478145: General Quigley ... so far

NORTH AMERICA MAP
30 is Under Way Game 12362452: crazystef, AlexEverard, maimerofmen, Freaky1, Gunir, bigdaddy40, totallyowned, Riverside111

8 THOUGHTS MAP
11 is Concluded Game 12317214: AlexEverard - gold, GeorgeKombi - silver, maimerofmen - bronze
31 is Under Way Game 12362466: General Quigley, crazystef, differencofwinds, aboynamedboobs, pepol, x-tang, RAM804, ansonlam01hk
53 is Under Way Game 12411792: General Quigley, crazystef, kennuy07, farinelli, DoomYoshi, Riverside111, Roetroc, gibbyrfc

DOODLE EARTH MAP
47 is Concluded Game 12394661: BluU - gold, costanus - silver, AlexEverard - bronze
65 is Open Game 12478154: General Quigley ... so far

CIRCUS MAXIMUS MAP
13 is Concluded Game 12322455: General Quigley - gold, crazystef - silver, Dirty Dog - bronze
33 is Concluded Game 12362490: kennyingram - gold, XYZ1234 - silver, GoatSlayer - bronze
54 is Under Way Game 12411794: General Quigley, kennuy07, aboynamedboobs, AlexEverard, tnecniv3, JohnAarson, 11Joan11, Killer4
66 is Open Game 12478159: General Quigley ... so far

HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS MAP
14 is Concluded Game 12322456: Slakca - gold, General Quigley - silver, gksozae - bronze
34 is Concluded Game 12362496: Funkaholic - gold, kennuy07 - silver, tomy35 - bronze
55 is Open Game 12411797: General Quigley, Old Pueblo Gambl, electricMonk ... so far

WWII EUROPE MAP
37 is Under Way Game 12375762: crazystef, gunir, Tallishpaul, shabawazawhodo, Potter The Great, The Duke 3, mikegomez270, jpaul34
56 is Under Way Game 12411803: General Quigley, AlexEverard, Tallishpaul, Redlad, Joeri Chan, jrmyc, Shnarf, Funkaholic

EUROPE 1914 MAP
46 is Concluded Game 12385394: Birdman13 - gold, shabawazawhodo - silver, spawando - bronze
67 is Open Game 12478168: General Quigley ... so far

BALTIC CRUSADES MAP
38 is Under Way Game 12375770: Enochs BarmyArmy, crazystef, 69Chevy, DominatED, Riverside111, porky_94024, newmike, Bilbo1_OC
57 is Concluded Game 12411807: AlexEverard - gold, farinelli - silver, Solkim - bronze
68 is Open Game 12478173: General Quigley ... so far

BERLIN 1961 MAP
39 is Under Way Game 12375776: General Quigley, crazystef, farinelli, cowboy61, Spangle, PascalWagner, Night12, big boy62
58 is Under Way Game 12411810: General Quigley, crazystef, orlann, efrenn, Jody the Great, SoulCrasher, Spangle, Wolfboy137, AlexEverard

TRENCH WARFARE MAP
36 is Under Way Game 12362527: crazystef, AlexEvarard, KontractKilla, ChokeHold, T21b, Crosfire5, Bettemand, JJMastermind
59 is Under Way Game 12411819: General Quigley, crazystef, bmcubs87, ndbmiller, Birdman13, GoatSlayer, martsoum, snotrocket5

40 is Concluded Game 12375782: wombat4 - gold, 69Chevy - silver, General Quigley - bronze
60 is Concluded Game 12411821: Wolfboy137 - gold, General Quigley - bronze, farinelli - bronze, crazystef - bronze
69 is Open Game 12478182: General Quigley ... so far

POINTSBOARD Raw score, regardless of number of games played. The total is 204 points for 34 games played, six points allocated for each game result.
General Quigley - 20
AlexEverard - 15
crazystef - 10
wombat4 - 6
69Chevy - 5
ML46 - 5
DominatED - 4
farinelli - 4
GeorgeKombi - 4
Solkim - 4
Spinal - 4
YipYipDog - 4
11Joan11 - 3
Addypoo - 3
baggie-adam - 3
Birdman13 - 3
BluU - 3
CJMONSTERNATOR - 3
Darth_Armadillo - 3
ehaleva - 3
Funkaholic - 3
gordo guy - 3
idusmars - 3
kennyingram - 3
Napoleon2012 - 3
Roetroc - 3
Slakca - 3
Slaylark - 3
ThEnemy - 3
tommyqwerty - 3
Wolfboy137 - 3
Ahbaseballer24 - 2
boyer - 2
bs08eofc - 2
costanus - 2
Enochs BarmyArmy - 2
farinelli - 2
Flann - 2
gdawgbhs - 2
HBP - 2
kennuy07 - 2
mikeymike55 - 2
newmike - 2
Ragnars Wolves - 2
shabawazawhodo - 2
steon2007 - 2
tnecniv3 - 2
tommygun - 2
wreckermon - 2
xetyaR - 2
XYZ1234 - 2
bunyan82 - 1
castletoth - 1
Crazy Karl - 1
Dirty Dog - 1
dmix12 - 1
EsaNahka - 1
generalmighty - 1
gksozae - 1
GoatSlayer - 1
Gunir - 1
hammerm3 - 1
maimerofmen - 1
mduminiak - 1
oidacoel - 1
pathfinde1 - 1
richman688 - 1
Smider - 1
spawando - 1
StinknLincoln - 1
Sweed dreams - 1
titocakes - 1
tomy35 - 1
Last edited by General Quigley on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 11Joan11 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 am

I'm in. for any nuclear games. thanks for asking.
cheers Joan.
Lieutenant 11Joan11

Postby General Quigley on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks, 11Joan11, and welcome to the Competition. Well done on your recent achievement of a gold medal on your first Competition try out! Unlike Tournaments, it is the participants themselves who enroll themselves in Competition games. Just check the latest announcement from me and join Open games. As soon as you complete 15% of all tournament games held, and there's plenty of time still to do that, you will find yourself ranked with the other regular Competition players.

By the way, I just made an error. I edited my last announcement, thereby wiping it out and replacing it with a current one. I did not mean to wipe out my previous announcement. The last announcement then (located just before Joan's post) is now the current one. I will be more careful in the future.

GQ

Postby AlexEverard on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for those kind words GQ, and many thanks to all my victims! I couldn't have done it without (doing it to) you ...

(Need to get my thanks in while I am still top of the board, I have some less good results in progress ...)

Alex
Major AlexEverard

Postby nicestash on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Pfff, hats are overrated anyway.
Count me in
Major nicestash

Postby GoatSlayer on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:52 am

I'm in for any comps if I qualify. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class GoatSlayer

Postby General Quigley on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:08 am

Hi Goatslayer. You qualify for every Competition game you want to sign up for. In the list above, there are 10 Open games listed you can join. I notice you have not joined any yet. Cheers!

Next

Return to Callouts Archives