Conquer Club

Dream Cheetah

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Maybe you should try pushing crystal pepsi or arch deluxes saxi, the cheetahs just don't seem to be moving.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm

saxitoxin wrote:This is your final reminder to visit the Dream Cheetah tonight. Who knows what magic and mayhem will happen? DON'T BE LEFT OUT.

I'M PSYCHED!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby 2dimes on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 pm

I'd drink crystal Pepsi if you lot didn't let it die.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 pm

2dimes wrote:I'd drink crystal Pepsi if you lot didn't let it die.

See: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=186080&start=15#p4067356

BMO

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. How will we know if a cheetah in our dreams is indeed the Dream Cheetah and not just a regular 'ol cheetah?
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. How will we know if a cheetah in our dreams is indeed the Dream Cheetah and not just a regular 'ol cheetah?

He'll bring wisdom.

BMO

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
GreecePwns wrote:Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. How will we know if a cheetah in our dreams is indeed the Dream Cheetah and not just a regular 'ol cheetah?

He'll bring wisdom.

BMO

Correct.

Plus, you will PM me which other CC regulars you encountered and I will make spreadsheet. If GreecePWNS doesn't see DoomYoshi, but DoomYoshi and RDSRDS both see each other, then we know GreecePWNS was beguiled and fooled by a regular Cheetah, or possibly a Dream Emu masquerading as a Dream Cheetah.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Here I go.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:21 am

Me too, it better be good.

Somebody bring pizza. Pepperoni and extra cheese please.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby xeno on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

saxitoxin wrote:Also, I highly recommend you bring Dream Pepper Spray in case Xeno shows up.

When did I become the forum punching bag?
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 am

xeno wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Also, I highly recommend you bring Dream Pepper Spray in case Xeno shows up.

When did I become the forum punching bag?

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 am

For long hours we ran across the veldt together. She guided me telepathically, so my breathing fell in time with hers, her speed did not tire me, and I seemed effortlessly to understand the landscape through which we travelled, whilst my mind was elsewhere, busy with the great knowledge she imparted to me. At last we came to the lip of a hill, where the ground stretched down into arid desert before me. I knew I must press on through this featureless waste, even as she turned and bade me farewell.
I plunged on through the dry senseless land. Far off I saw a cloud of dust and headed toward it. A bus, jerking in crazy movements around the plain. It seemed jerry-built, powered by some strung together exoskeleton of crazy wiring, the power plant hidden beneath an enormous sombrero. I felt I had to board. It was driven by an enormously decrepit old man who seemed barely able to control the steering wheel. Every now and again he would shout ā€œTits ass GetrƤnk! Wenn man lange genug in einen Abgrund blickst, wird der Abgrund blickst zurĆ¼ck in dich hinein,ā€ or some such nonsense and reach down a beer from the large fridge beside him which was labelled ā€œEsmereldaā€. The progress of the bus seemed entirely random, till a youngish man with ethereal body, pointee beard and wicked grin came to point us back in the direction of the hills where I had said goodbye to Her. Soon the young man lost interest, engaging the passengers of the bus in random conversation, and the old man returned to driving in his crazed circles.
And there were many passengers in the bus, raising a hubbub, arguing over everything, including where we were going. Every now and again one would take aside a shifty looking guy with a briefcase. They would hand the shifty guy an exceedingly large wad of dollar bills, and by common consent, the shifty man pushed through the bodies to address the old driver. For a while the bus drove straight, usually away from our apparent objective, till the shifty guy looked at his watch and went back to counting his money.
The driver screamed and gesticulated. Not far off, a bear dressed in survivalist uniform mixed with tartan rags, rose from behind a rock and aimed a gun at us. Bang! The crowd dived for cover, the bus plunged into a crevasseā€¦
Major laughingcavalier

Dream cheated.

Postby 2dimes on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

My several dreams were all feline free.

At one point I ended up in high school but at least it seemed to be nearly grad.

One off topic person made a brief appearance but I doubt it was them visiting.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 pm

I believe the Dream Cheetah hath visited me. I saw foamy the squirrel (assumably Metsfanmax) and Oscar the grouch with sunglasses (the old 2Dimes). It was like a weird, warm, scary, yet scintillating experience. Oh great Dream Cheetah, what I have learned!

BMO

Postby 2dimes on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Not sure "old" would be correct there. This is my first avatar on this site. Second I guess if you count the 'stache as making it a new or different one.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Saxi, present the spread sheet.
Captain notyou2

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:20 pm

notyou2 wrote:Saxi, present the spread sheet.

I have only, thus far, received two responses, slash and yours. Plus RDS and laughingcavalier who pissed in the well by posting it in public.

RRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDCCAAAAAAAVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!
:x

I need a bigger sample set. DoomYoshi? Nietzsche? Xeno?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 pm

No cheetah, but Esmerelda told me that she's mad you put the towels together with regular clothes in the wash.

The lint, man. Think of the lint.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:44 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Saxi, present the spread sheet.

I have only, thus far, received two responses, slash and yours. Plus RDS and laughingcavalier who pissed in the well by posting it in public.

RRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDCCAAAAAAAVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!
:x

I need a bigger sample set. DoomYoshi? Nietzsche? Xeno?

Mine was a lie to prompt liars. You'll see in time, Saxi. IN TIME. Til then, dance. Dance, I say:

BMO

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 am

RDSRDS2120: saw 2dimes, saw Metsfanmax
LaughingCavalier: saw Saxi, saw Esmerelda
GreecePWNS: saw (possibly impregnated, unclear) Esmerelda
Saxi: saw no one
Esmerelda: saw no one
notyou2: saw AoG, saw Serbia's Mom, saw Saxi, saw Esmerelda
Slash: saw Dancing Mustard
DoomYoshi: saw no one
2dimes: saw no one
nietzsche: still asleep

There is no overlap at all. I DECLARE THE EXPERIMENT A FAILURE.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 am

I didn't dream no cheet..ah

Had many dreams, and the closest would be that I dreamed little about being at a mall and suddenly came to the realization that there were many of old acquaintances around, like taking a picture in group, and at the same time realized they were not my university friends but from the university that my roommate attended to, with whom I hanged sometimes.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 am

saxitoxin wrote:RDSRDS2120: saw 2dimes, saw Metsfanmax
LaughingCavalier: saw Saxi, saw Esmerelda
GreecePWNS: saw (possibly impregnated, unclear) Esmerelda
Saxi: saw no one
Esmerelda: saw no one
notyou2: saw AoG, saw Serbia's Mom, saw Saxi, saw Esmerelda
Slash: saw Dancing Mustard
DoomYoshi: saw no one
2dimes: saw no one
nietzsche: still asleep

There is no overlap at all. I DECLARE THE EXPERIMENT A FAILURE.

the experiment was a success... it provided evidence against a "dream world" or the idea that dreams exist anywhere else other than the individual's own mind
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:45 am

john9blue wrote:the experiment was a success... it provided evidence against a "dream world" or the idea that dreams exist anywhere else other than the individual's own mind

Don't be silly. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The experiment could have just as likely failed because in my dream I had the dream cheetah strapped in a gynecological chair in my basement.

A rational person can only be purely agnostic about the existence of dream worlds.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:the experiment was a success... it provided evidence against a "dream world" or the idea that dreams exist anywhere else other than the individual's own mind

Don't be silly. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The experiment could have just as likely failed because in my dream I had the dream cheetah strapped in a gynecological chair in my basement.

A rational person can only be purely agnostic about the existence of dream worlds.

if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.

i don't think you understand what agnosticism means. it means that there's not enough evidence to draw a conclusion one way or the other, not "hurp durp i'm gonna make a retarded straw man to piss off john and pretend all evidence is meaningless because i can think of an unlikely alternative possibility".

this experiment has made me a bit less agnostic about my belief that dreams only exist in the mind, and a bit more agnostic about my belief that you know what you are talking about when it comes to epistemology
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm

john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.

Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,