Conquer Club

A question about game conduct

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

A question about game conduct

Postby loutil on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:56 am

I am playing a 4 team doubles game. 1 team gets knocked out around round 50. My teammate goes completely AWOL around round 150 and is never seen on CC again. Team 3 is out deploying the other 2 combined. I (team 2) start working with the other team (team 1) to slow down team 3. They do not like this and think I am manipulating the game. Eventually one of team 3's members suicides into me. I survive but he is eliminated. As I build back up team 1 loses one its members leaving the game with just 3 of us. Over the next 50 rounds I spend most of my time in last place but trying to work with the second place team to control the team in first which has mostly been team 3. Team 3 is constantly complaining that I am "manipulating the game". Not because I am working with team 1 but because I am making some territorial suggestions to team 1. As an example: suggesting team 1 attack from the south so I can attack from the north. All diplomacy being posted in chat. Eventually team 3 decides that he has had enough and does not want me to win so he also suicides against me, just as his partner had done.
I have 2 basic questions:
1. is it inappropriate to discuss strategy when doing diplomacy with another team?
2. is it bad behavior, cheating, or ok to suicide?
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Re: A question about game conduct

Postby Just_essence on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm

1. A definite no. Sure, it'll sometimes make people a bit less trusting of you, but it'll be necessary in many games.
2. On CC, it is a definite yes as an abuse of the rules. You could actually raise up a C&A (Cheating and Abuse) form on that for team three's members.
Private Just_essence

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 am

I think the answer to #1 is maybe. It may be inappropriate if you are basically telling team 1 how to play the game. I'm not sure if it's against rules(probably not) but it's arguably a bit too much control of an opposing team for comfort. The skill level of team 1 probably comes into play as well. Do they know enough to tell if it's in their own best interest?

#2 Is if you can prove it but this can be hard at times, especially if there is no actual chat dictating that's their intent. Cooks do this all the time but it's not necessarily their intent to die/lose lol.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:01 am

i can understand where team 3 were coming from, you were being a thorn in their side. however, if i'm not the game leader i would love to have more players like you to assist taking the leader down.

look at it this way - you were using chat to influence another team to gain an advantage. team 3 were also trying to influence another team's behaviour by calling you names however it didn't work on you and they each threw a tantrum. :lol:

technically you could report them but don't bother. simply FAMO.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby laughingcavalier on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 am

Last time I played 4p dubs same thing happened to me ... Stalemate suicide abuse... Was one of my most unpleasant experiences on CC. Shan't be playing those settings again.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:31 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:Last time I played 4p dubs same thing happened to me ... Stalemate suicide abuse... Was one of my most unpleasant experiences on CC. Shan't be playing those settings again.

I think round limits help in these cases. At least it's what I'm going to do from now on. I've got a game on it's roughly 130th round atm and people are talking about and actually attacking random players just to shake things up. Would be a completely different game had I set it up with a 100 round limit.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Return to Conquer Club Discussion