Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.4

Postby acrazyfella on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 am

chrome continues to give me the message "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website". I go the chrome web site and BOB is not available to down load from the approved web site. Any suggestions?
Major acrazyfella

Postby sherkaner on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:42 am

If you trust the code, easiest way is to download it, open the extensions tab in chrome and drag&drop the file there. That will start the install-procedure.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby acrazyfella on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 pm

thank you
Major acrazyfella

Postby Frogmanx82 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm having an issue on the Stalingrad map only. It is not correctly identifying the player territories when you roll over the player when the larger map is showing, but works fine on the smaller map. The map inspect is also messed up. In both cases it is highlighting as if the small map was on the screen when working on the large screen. Anyone else seen this?
Major Frogmanx82

Postby ender516 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Try clearing your cache by reloading the game page with Ctrl-F5 (or whatever works in your browser: I speak Firefox).
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Abyss24 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:50 pm

I bought a new PC and want to install BOB. I installed Greasemonkey. When I go to install BOB, it has all this Whitesmoke junk with it; no biggie, just unclick on custom install. But then on the 5th page there is something called Sendori and I cannot see a way to uncheck this. I have Norton and I do not want any other junk attached to my browser. Any suggestions?
Major Abyss24

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:47 am

Where are you getting your link to install BOB? I have never seen anything loaded with it. As far as Whitesmoke and Sendori go, about half the hits I get on Google are reviews for add-ons and half are requests to remove these "viruses". I think you may need to turn up the protection in your Norton toolbox if you are getting this much dreck. Also, always watch for extra "toolbars" when installing other software. I have to fight off Adobe's attempts to rob me of screen space every time I update Flash.

Postby Abyss24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm getting the BOB link from the one at the beginning of this thread.I have never seen anything loaded with it either prior to this. I will look at my Norton settings as I switched from AVG. I always watch for toolbars, but this Sendori thing doesn't give me any option not to select it. Can you try to download and see what you get?
Major Abyss24

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Why do I feel like you are passing me a bottle of milk and asking, "Does this taste sour to you?" Anyway, I clicked the GET BOB link in the first post, which took me to the userscripts.org page that I expected, and the Install button brought up the dialog box I expected, which counted down 3 seconds then activated the Install button. I then clicked the Show Script Source button and everything looks fine there. So I suggest you examine your Add-ons Manager page and look for toolbars and whatnot that might be tossing extra things into the mix.

Postby wolframshades on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 am

I'm on a Mac, using Chrome. After downloading the script, Chrome tells me 'extensions cannot be installed from this website' etc., like it has for some of you. Dragging the newly-downloaded script into the extensions page (which is how you normally install extentions in Chrome) does nothing. It may be helpful to note that as I drag the script from my downloads bar at the bottom of my screen to the extensions window, the icon - a white sheet of paper with the Safari logo on it - appears.
Corporal 1st Class wolframshades

Postby Count Belisle on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 pm

the BOB 5.2.4 Help/Info menu is missing, I clicked on it to look up highlighted territorys to see if I could bombard a tert. and when I clicked on BOB 5.2.4 Help/Info tab this came up:

Error 404: /downloads/CC/BOB/help_4.6.1.htm is not found at this location

Back to http://www.hometag.net homepage

Document: /downloads/CC/BOB/help_4.6.1.htm
Time: Tuesday, 19-Feb-13 17:41:56 GMT
Remote host: 97.94.96.136
Sergeant Count Belisle

Postby ender516 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Well, I guess someone has let the hosting of that page lapse. It was likely out of date, anyway, but we should try to recover and polish that up.

Postby Abyss24 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm
Why do I feel like you are passing me a bottle of milk and asking, "Does this taste sour to you?" Anyway, I clicked the GET BOB link in the first post, which took me to the userscripts.org page that I expected, and the Install button brought up the dialog box I expected, which counted down 3 seconds then activated the Install button. I then clicked the Show Script Source button and everything looks fine there. So I suggest you examine your Add-ons Manager page and look for toolbars and whatnot that might be tossing extra things into the mix.

OK, so I tried again and I allowed it to add Sendori as there was no way to custom install without it. I went through the whole thing. I did not get BOB, but I did get some new junk stuff I didn't want, which I immediately uninstalled. I checked add on manager as you suggested and I saw nothing unusual there. Very confused--what is the problem here? Can you try to run through the whole install and see what yuo get? It doesn't even look like BOB is part of the exe that comes up.

P.S. I also got a 7-zip 9.21 added here, which I think is a legitimate file compressor but I really don't know.
Major Abyss24

Postby ender516 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Abyss24 wrote:Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

OK, so I tried again and I allowed it to add Sendori as there was no way to custom install without it. I went through the whole thing. I did not get BOB, but I did get some new junk stuff I didn't want, which I immediately uninstalled. I checked add on manager as you suggested and I saw nothing unusual there. Very confused--what is the problem here? Can you try to run through the whole install and see what yuo get? It doesn't even look like BOB is part of the exe that comes up.

P.S. I also got a 7-zip 9.21 added here, which I think is a legitimate file compressor but I really don't know.

I think I see what your problem is. When you get to the userscripts.org page, there is an enormous download button next to a 7-zip logo (or at least there was today when I loaded the page, it may change). THAT IS AN AD. DO NOT CLICK IT. Look for the green Install button up in the grey header box, beside the title of the script, "Conquer Club - BOB". Click that to install BOB.

Postby Buglouse on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm

For the map All Your Base Are Belong To Us(AYBABTU), when the 'Continent Overview' option is off the page is generated with the overview and the option has to be toggled on and then off for the content to be effected; this is abnormal to all other maps I have played.
Cook Buglouse

Postby Abyss24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

ender516 wrote:
Abyss24 wrote:Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I think I see what your problem is. When you get to the userscripts.org page, there is an enormous download button next to a 7-zip logo (or at least there was today when I loaded the page, it may change). THAT IS AN AD. DO NOT CLICK IT. Look for the green Install button up in the grey header box, beside the title of the script, "Conquer Club - BOB". Click that to install BOB.

OK, that is an important point, thanks for noticing, I can't believe I didn't see that. Anyway, now when I hit the proper "Install" button I am getting a page full of script:

// Conquer Club - Card Counter, Card Redemption Value, Status Indicator
var versionString = "5.2.4";
// This monkey is now called:
///// //// /////
// // // // // //
///// // // /////
// // // // // //
///// //// /////
// PLEASE READ ALL THE COMMENTS AT THE START OF THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Installation
// This is a Greasemonkey user script.
// To use, first install Greasemonkey: http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/
// Then restart Firefox and revisit this script.
// Under Tools, there will be a new menu item to "Install User Script".
// Accept the default configuration and install.

// To uninstall, go to Tools/Manage User Scripts, select "Conquer Club - BOB", and click Uninstall.

// Meta Data - required for Greasemonkey
// ==UserScript==
// @name Conquer Club - BOB
// @version 5.2.4
// @namespace http://yeti_c.

I have Greasemonkey installed already so I do not know what to do here as it should download from here. I don't understand what it means when it says, "Under Tools, there will be a new menu item to "Install User Script"; there is no install user scripts in Firefox, and when I use Greasemonkey's menu there are no scripts present.
Major Abyss24

Postby ender516 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Okay, those instructions in the script are out of date, but normally when you load a script file, you don't see the source: Greasemonkey pops up a dialog box which counts down three seconds then enables an Install button. If you just get the script in a text window, you are having the same problem as was seen here a few pages back, or perhaps it was in a different report. Anyway, select and copy all of the text in the script (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C). Then under the Greasemonkey drop down menu, click New User Script... and then, in the dialog box that appears, press the "Use Script From Clipboard" button. You should be good to go then.

Postby Abyss24 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:40 am

ender516 wrote:Okay, those instructions in the script are out of date, but normally when you load a script file, you don't see the source: Greasemonkey pops up a dialog box which counts down three seconds then enables an Install button. If you just get the script in a text window, you are having the same problem as was seen here a few pages back, or perhaps it was in a different report. Anyway, select and copy all of the text in the script (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C). Then under the Greasemonkey drop down menu, click New User Script... and then, in the dialog box that appears, press the "Use Script From Clipboard" button. You should be good to go then.

I followed these instructions and when I press the "Use script from from the clipboard button" a new dialogue box appears that says, "Please choose your preferred text editor". ???
Major Abyss24

Postby ender516 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Abyss24 wrote:
ender516 wrote:Okay, those instructions in the script are out of date, but normally when you load a script file, you don't see the source: Greasemonkey pops up a dialog box which counts down three seconds then enables an Install button. If you just get the script in a text window, you are having the same problem as was seen here a few pages back, or perhaps it was in a different report. Anyway, select and copy all of the text in the script (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C). Then under the Greasemonkey drop down menu, click New User Script... and then, in the dialog box that appears, press the "Use Script From Clipboard" button. You should be good to go then.

I followed these instructions and when I press the "Use script from from the clipboard button" a new dialogue box appears that says, "Please choose your preferred text editor". ???

Sorry, I forgot about that step. It is going to display the script in an editor in case you want to modify it. DON'T MODIFY IT. The editor you choose is the one that Greasemonkey will use in future if you go to the Add-ons Manager and press the Options button on a particular script, then press the "Edit this User Script" button. If you do any coding on your computer, select the editor you use for that. If not, just pick notepad or wordpad. When that editor is opened with BOB in it, just close it without editing or saving.
I wish I knew why some of you users were having this problem. If you have Greasemonkey installed, what setting is preventing the automatic handling of .user.js scripts? Have you disabled Javascript in some way?

Postby Abyss24 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:39 am

ender516 wrote:
Abyss24 wrote:

Sorry, I forgot about that step. It is going to display the script in an editor in case you want to modify it. DON'T MODIFY IT. The editor you choose is the one that Greasemonkey will use in future if you go to the Add-ons Manager and press the Options button on a particular script, then press the "Edit this User Script" button. If you do any coding on your computer, select the editor you use for that. If not, just pick notepad or wordpad. When that editor is opened with BOB in it, just close it without editing or saving.
I wish I knew why some of you users were having this problem. If you have Greasemonkey installed, what setting is preventing the automatic handling of .user.js scripts? Have you disabled Javascript in some way?

OK, I went to the add-ons menu manager in Firefox and BOB is there. I pressed options, then "Edit this user script". I don't do any coding so I just picked wordpad--the copied text appeared, I closed it, still no BOB. Coincidentally, just before I tried this I uninstalled Java and disabled the Java add-on as my tech guy at work told me to do this on PCs--is this right or has the patch come out?
Major Abyss24

Postby dana1971 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:19 pm

My bob seems to have stopped working today, and I'm having the same problems listed above, maybe there is something wrong with the BOB???
ImageImage
Captain dana1971

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm

dana1971 wrote:My bob seems to have stopped working today, and I'm having the same problems listed above, maybe there is something wrong with the BOB???
BOB is working for me, so BOB is not completely broken.
Abyss24 wrote:
ender516 wrote:
Abyss24 wrote:

OK, I went to the add-ons menu manager in Firefox and BOB is there. I pressed options, then "Edit this user script". I don't do any coding so I just picked wordpad--the copied text appeared, I closed it, still no BOB. Coincidentally, just before I tried this I uninstalled Java and disabled the Java add-on as my tech guy at work told me to do this on PCs--is this right or has the patch come out?

BOB is JavaScript, not Java, and the two are supposedly distinct. However, perhaps you get carried away. Go to the Options dialog box and select its Content tab. Make sure the Enable JavaScript box is checked.

Postby dana1971 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

I reinstalled Firefox and BOB works now...
Captain dana1971

Postby Abyss24 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:28 pm

"BOB is JavaScript, not Java, and the two are supposedly distinct. However, perhaps you get carried away. Go to the Options dialog box and select its Content tab. Make sure the Enable JavaScript box is checked."

Done. Still no BOB. Sigh...
Major Abyss24

Postby ender516 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 am

Well, perhaps you should try what dana1971 did, and reinstall Firefox, Greasemonkey, and BOB.

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements