Conquer Club

Bruceswar's Top 10 Wars of all time.

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Bruceswar's Top 10 Wars of all time.

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:05 am

These are just my opinions. Please feel free to disagree with me or comment.

1. KORT vs THOTA
33-27 KORT Wins

KORT was able to make the CC1 finals to play THOTA. Some clans did not think KORT stood a chance, while others thought they did not even deserve to be there. Well the words in the forum were fierce but the games were even fiercer. KORT stormed out to an early lead in batch 1. (13-7) THOTA, being THOTA came back in batch 2 to make it 20-20 going into batch 3. Between a few forum blow ups and other BS this war was just a barn burner. As the war winded down it became clear that THOTA was gonna be unseated and dealt their first loss. KORT won the match 33-27. This tops my list since THOTA had never lost before in years of playing. Made for a great war to watch.

2. THOTA vs TSM (Round 2) TSM Wins 30-30 4-3 Tie Break

TSM vs THOTA played 2 wars. The first was tough and THOTA pulled it out like they always did. 2nd time around was in the CC2 Semifinals. Both sides were itching to make the finals and did not give an inch. We have a small issue with some Greek and a turn. ;) Some forum banter and great games later, we had a 30-30 tie. There was a 7 game set to come. It seemed THOTA would do it again and pull off that come back and then win the tie break. TSM fought hard and just squeezed out that win in the 7th game. One of the best games ever to watch. TSM would fall to KORT in the finals.

3. Empire vs TOFU Empire Wins 40-21

Here is an interesting war. Interesting for a number of reasons. TOFU was favored in this war by as much as 5 to 7 games by some people. Others thought it would be a close war. It was anything but close. Empire came out swinging and never looked back. It was an ambush and Empire clearly proved they had moved to the next level. COF would come back in batch 3 and try to salvage some wins and possibly the war, but it was too little too late. Was TOFU a bit less without COF? That is up for debate but some people surely thought so. Final ended at 40-21 in Empires favor. Nobody saw that score coming in a million years. Empire would later fall to KORT in the semifinals. The shock on people's faces was pretty priceless.

4. TNC vs LOTZ TNC Wins 140-61

My shocking pick for number 4. Yes I am picking this war for the sheer size alone. It was the largest war ever to be played until recent. (1ST REG vs MD now with 203 games) This set the bar for wars. Once most got past the shock of playing 201 games, they were able to see it was a bit one sided. The final ended up 141-61 with TNC winning. I do not think most were shocked with the result but the sheer size beat any other war by far. This was a fun war and one to be remembered.

5. THOTA vs ID 53-47 THOTA Wins

WOW! That says it all for this war. It was what many consider the first of the great wars. They had originally setup a 60 game war, which at the time was huge. They battled hard with ID seemingly being outmatched if you went by rank alone, but ID played THOTA as tough as ever. They played to a 30-30 standstill. Rather than going with a tie they added 40 more games. THOTA would edge out ID, who at the time was the number 2 clan. Final ended up 53-47, but surely nobody on either side would have said either side really lost. Congrats to both clans for setting the bar sooo high.

6. PACK vs IA PACK Wins 28-23

Holy wow! Where to start? How about with the forum where seemingly most of the action took place. It was soo fierce it cost a few players, from the eventual winner PACK, their medals. IA took a brutal forum beating and also a beating on the battle field. PACK proved 2 things with this war. They were one of the elite clans and that they surely had a mouth on them. While they might have damaged their rep at the time, they have since calmed down some and taken a lighter approach but still a very tough clan.

7.THOTA vs LOW 32-28 THOTA Wins

One thing to know about this war other than it was a killer war. BANTER! This is the only war that I know of to ever have parts of its thread shipped off to flame wars. For those of you who were not around then, Flame wars was a place to let your op have it. You could flame or bait or anything. There was no modding there for that. That forum would be taken down later. Anyhow putting the pre match banter aside, there were still games to be played. Like it would seem THOTA would give another lead to a clan only to snatch victory away at the end. Tough war by the top 2 clans of the time, with those Ponies doing what they always did. Win another. Surely a great one to watch.

8. KORT vs TOFU 40-20 KORT Advances

COF and 21 games? Need I say more? I think anybody who has been around clans knows what I am talking about. A highly watched war. The 2 up and coming clans! Many people picked TOFU to win and some took KORT. It would be a fierce match with both sides landing blows. KORT would land the KO punch when COF would join 21 games. The limit of games to join was 20, and he went over the limit. By rules of the CC, all 21 games were to be taken and moved into the KORT win column. There were harsh words tossed at both sides. Clans were upset with the KORT or CORT decision. This is the most viewed thread for a single war. It is also one of the only war threads to be locked. Did TOFU deserve to win? Did KORT really win? That is all up for debate. No medals were ever issued. The only war of its kind. KORT would go on to beat THOTA in the finals. I think the clan would not want to see a repeat anytime soon. A black eye for all the clan world as some would say. Bad blood on both sides boiled over and the arch rivals were born. They are now playing in a 2nd match, with TOFU taking the lead. If one word could sum up this match it would "Chaos" This war would be higher on the list if a clan had been issued medals.

9. BPB vs BSS 21-19 BPB Wins

WOW, sooo BPB does play in matches? Hey where is the DQ afterwards? Seems that is where all the BPB met up after a fierce battle in the forums and games. I mean would you expect less of Owen and Fruitcake? BPB won the war with a slight lead and then proclaimed they were the best clan ever. Game, Set, Match! A fun war to watch and proved that bpb did belong. When Forumites unite anything is possible.

10. G1 vs LOD 23-22 G1 WIns

This war was sooo close it was crazy. It was the first time we had seen a war like this. The clan scene was much smaller then, but these 2 clans played so close nobody came out a loser. It was a proving ground for many wars to come. G1 just beat out LOD(Now AOD) by 1 game! Well done by 2 of the best clans to ever play CC. Surely something to watch for those around back then.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Re: Bruceswar's Top 10 Wars of all time.

Postby freakns on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 am

how on earth this isnt on your list?!
viewtopic.php?f=442&t=116327

im biased, so im not going to say its best, but cant be out of top5

this game alone haf more ppl watching then any other in any clan war Game 7069972
Brigadier freakns

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 am

Funny you should mention that. I was soo close to putting it on my list, yet I decided not to due to THOTA pulling out another win. Same ole story, but a great war to watch. I was pulling for Nemesis for sure.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:25 am

Nemesis vs Thota doesn't fit the bill? Edit: Lol, fast posted

The Last 2 wars were before most of our time though. You just wanted to laud your longevity :P

TNC vs Lotz doesn't seem the best exponent of a lengthy war tho. No offence to either of the respective clans, but doesn't seem a good fit for the top 5...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:29 am

Leehar wrote:Nemesis vs Thota doesn't fit the bill? Edit: Lol, fast posted

The Last 2 wars were before most of our time though. You just wanted to laud your longevity :P

TNC vs Lotz doesn't seem the best exponent of a lengthy war tho. No offence to either of the respective clans, but doesn't seem a good fit for the top 5...

Hey you play 201 games vs any clan and then tell me how non epic it is. ;) To be 100% honest there were too many great wars to pick from. BPB vs BSS happed in 2009 sooo not super old. The G1 vs LOD was old for sure.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Dako on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:30 am

Empire vs TOFU was a total disaster. And it was not due to absence of CoF, believe me. 40-21, damn, that was rough.
Colonel Dako

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 am

Also if anybody else wants to post their own top 10 please feel free to do so.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby skillfull on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 am

Dont remind me the turn in Asia game Bruce...i am still trying to forget it!
Brigadier skillfull

Postby betiko on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am

Seem like a nice top 10! Only the g1 lod doesn't make much sense to me, but I ve only been here 2 years. Also thota bpb?
Major betiko

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

betiko wrote:Seem like a nice top 10! Only the g1 lod doesn't make much sense to me, but I ve only been here 2 years. Also thota bpb?

At the time LOD and G1 were 2 of the best clans out there. It was no wonder they played sooo close.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby chemefreak on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Where in the hell did you find the time to do this! Nice list.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
betiko wrote:Seem like a nice top 10! Only the g1 lod doesn't make much sense to me, but I ve only been here 2 years. Also thota bpb?

At the time LOD and G1 were 2 of the best clans out there. It was no wonder they played sooo close.

Back in the days of Optimus Prime vs xxtig and jpcloet. That was an amazing one...

What made it even more tense, for those who weren't around, was the deciding game: Game 2835032. An 18-round no card quads slugfest on CCC that went back and forth for a full two weeks after the other games had finished to make it 20-20.

I count a good 4 pages worth of comments in our private forum alone about that one game. You can even see the many comments in that game from people not even playing in it.

Not to mention, the winner of the war got the rights to Strider24. :lol:
Major Bones2484

Postby Big Whiskey on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Nicely done Bruce.I can remember every single one of those wars.The good ole days.

EDIT:And btw,I knew that our war(THOTA vs Kort) was going to be a close one.Your roster back then was stacked.We had a great run there for awhile.It was bound to happen one day.
General Big Whiskey

Postby niMic on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I can't believe you skipped The Regulators vs SkyForce.

Wait.. nope. I can absolutely believe that.
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby grifftron on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am

Would be nice if there were links to each of those wars for us lazy folk. :D
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby freakns on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:47 am

Big Whiskey wrote:Nicely done Bruce.I can remember every single one of those wars.The good ole days.

EDIT:And btw,I knew that our war(THOTA vs Kort) was going to be a close one.Your roster back then was stacked.We had a great run there for awhile.It was bound to happen one day.

shouldve happen against us! man, i hate you ever since that tie breaker :( your turns were essential for you lads to win it...
and everyone expected THOTA vs KORT to be close one. difference is, noone expected THOTA vs Nemesis to be close one. ppl were saying Nemesis isnt even top10 clan, and just before war we lost HA who led the clan... we were huge underdogs. and that HRE game shouldve been ours :(
Brigadier freakns

Postby Arama86n on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 am

An interesting read Bruce.
Major Arama86n

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 am

Links added for the lazy people..
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby HardAttack on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 am

challenges i believe should take place in the list of top/thrilling challenges ever, (well maybe topic should switch to another name but not top 10 to include these outstanding efforts put in each) are as follows,

viewtopic.php?f=442&t=116327
viewtopic.php?f=442&t=143424
viewtopic.php?f=442&t=178816

and current ongoing one between kort and tofu clans is soon going to be an history, so soon can take place right up here...

welldone bruces;
cheers.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Big Whiskey on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:13 pm

freakns wrote:
Big Whiskey wrote:Nicely done Bruce.I can remember every single one of those wars.The good ole days.

shouldve happen against us! man, i hate you ever since that tie breaker :( your turns were essential for you lads to win it...
and everyone expected THOTA vs KORT to be close one. difference is, noone expected THOTA vs Nemesis to be close one. ppl were saying Nemesis isnt even top10 clan, and just before war we lost HA who led the clan... we were huge underdogs. and that HRE game shouldve been ours :(

Well that war is my personal favorite pal.with the TSM(1st one) coming in at a close 2nd.The battle for aust.was fierce. ;)
General Big Whiskey

Postby L M S on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 pm

O&H taking down LoW should be at the very least an honorable mention.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 pm

L M S wrote:O&H taking down LoW should be at the very least an honorable mention.

I was soo close to putting it on my list. Too many good wars to pick from.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Seulessliathan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:20 am

This got stickied by mistake, can you please unsticky it?
(Or if you did it on purpose, do you really think this thread is more important than Cup 4 discussion etc?)
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Seulessliathan wrote:This got stickied by mistake, can you please unsticky it?
(Or if you did it on purpose, do you really think this thread is more important than Cup 4 discussion etc?)

There's probably a lot that could be unstickied... Especially in these forums: viewforum.php?f=443 and viewforum.php?f=442
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:26 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Seulessliathan wrote:This got stickied by mistake, can you please unsticky it?

There's probably a lot that could be unstickied... Especially in these forums: viewforum.php?f=443 and viewforum.php?f=442

I disagree. I like seeing the main threads for past major competitions kept stickied for easy future access to those events history. Unstickying those would bury them and make them much harder to find. I know I've looked / used those sticky threads quite often.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Clan Archives