Conquer Club

Finally Some News

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby HardAttack on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:12 am

greenoaks wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:The obvious bridge between that idea and the current setup is to simply make it so that you can receive additional diamond medals. So for the rating medal for example, you would get another diamond ratings medal every 1500 ratings beyond the first.

sounds better, mostly because keeping the medals exponential after diamond is ridiculous, we're talking about unique kills here and the more you have the more you will struggle. not to mention that a lot of players foe people when they medal hunt, foe lists for medal hunting could just turn out to be ridiculously high and games really hard to join.

foe is an option for medal hunters to use,
i am not fan of doing it that way but there is no other way to get there...
maybe, something can be done at creation on games, say there is a field once checked/activated, then these games can not be joined by players i already have unique defeats on. This means definition of a new foe list, to be used on medal hunting purposes only. And with this option, you will click/choose games while creating games, this way player is not blocking other players to join in all games but only games he means to medal hunt only.

how will the button know what you are medal hunting for?

say i have defeated you in fog but not trench. how will the button know if i want you to join so i can get trench or not join because i am going for fog?

that button is not neccesaily need to know what medals i am hunting,
i will decide it though, will make some portion of my games clicked/checked to be medal hunting games with the button, so my foes will not be able to join in these games. At this point, foe option should have two levels, medal foe, and full foe. Full foe can not join in any of your games, while medal foes can join unchecked games but can not in checked games. Since it is you creating games, you can pick which games are medal hunting games u r creating.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Armandolas on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 am

foing for medals is just so lame
Colonel Armandolas

Postby hwhrhett on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 am

HardAttack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
HardAttack wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:The obvious bridge between that idea and the current setup is to simply make it so that you can receive additional diamond medals. So for the rating medal for example, you would get another diamond ratings medal every 1500 ratings beyond the first.

sounds better, mostly because keeping the medals exponential after diamond is ridiculous, we're talking about unique kills here and the more you have the more you will struggle. not to mention that a lot of players foe people when they medal hunt, foe lists for medal hunting could just turn out to be ridiculously high and games really hard to join.

foe is an option for medal hunters to use,
i am not fan of doing it that way but there is no other way to get there...
maybe, something can be done at creation on games, say there is a field once checked/activated, then these games can not be joined by players i already have unique defeats on. This means definition of a new foe list, to be used on medal hunting purposes only. And with this option, you will click/choose games while creating games, this way player is not blocking other players to join in all games but only games he means to medal hunt only.

how will the button know what you are medal hunting for?

say i have defeated you in fog but not trench. how will the button know if i want you to join so i can get trench or not join because i am going for fog?

that button is not neccesaily need to know what medals i am hunting,
i will decide it though, will make some portion of my games clicked/checked to be medal hunting games with the button, so my foes will not be able to join in these games. At this point, foe option should have two levels, medal foe, and full foe. Full foe can not join in any of your games, while medal foes can join unchecked games but can not in checked games. Since it is you creating games, you can pick which games are medal hunting games u r creating.

wouldnt this primarily be abused tho? and used to take advantage of new players by avoiding old ones...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Armandolas wrote:foing for medals is just so lame

Agreed.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:32 pm

I just had a thought about the medals. The next step up should be platinum rather than diamond.

The system used in say music albums sales goes from gold to platinum (1million copies) to diamond (10 million copies)

It's just something to think about in case you were ever thinking of adding another tier down the line.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Armandolas on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

+1 :)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby greenoaks on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 pm

[quote="HardAttack]that button is not neccesaily need to know what medals i am hunting,
i will decide it though, will make some portion of my games clicked/checked to be medal hunting games with the button, so my foes will not be able to join in these games. At this point, foe option should have two levels, medal foe, and full foe. Full foe can not join in any of your games, while medal foes can join unchecked games but can not in checked games. Since it is you creating games, you can pick which games are medal hunting games u r creating.[/quote]
thanks for responding but you completely missed the point.

the list of players we have defeated for each medal is different and each game we play involves several possible medals.

a button that blocks people we have a defeat against won't know if it should let them in because we are hunting Trench and haven't defeated them on that yet or if we are hunting Speed which we already have defeated them on.

the button would be a blanket block against all players without knowing which of Speed, Standard Nuke, Trench, FoW we are hunting for in a game of that type.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby CJ Lues on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 am

greenoaks wrote:[quote="HardAttack]that button is not neccesaily need to know what medals i am hunting,
i will decide it though, will make some portion of my games clicked/checked to be medal hunting games with the button, so my foes will not be able to join in these games. At this point, foe option should have two levels, medal foe, and full foe. Full foe can not join in any of your games, while medal foes can join unchecked games but can not in checked games. Since it is you creating games, you can pick which games are medal hunting games u r creating.[/quote]
thanks for responding but you completely missed the point.

the list of players we have defeated for each medal is different and each game we play involves several possible medals.

a button that blocks people we have a defeat against won't know if it should let them in because we are hunting Trench and haven't defeated them on that yet or if we are hunting Speed which we already have defeated them on.

the button would be a blanket block against all players without knowing which of Speed, Standard Nuke, Trench, FoW we are hunting for in a game of that type.[/quote]

+1
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby betiko on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 am

so this was posted a month ago and was supposed o be fixed in a day or up to a week, is that last bug yet to solve a big one?
looking forward to see the new medals ranking!

my bet is HA number 1 and gilligan losing lots of spots! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Jippd on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:34 am

Indeed status update?
Major Jippd

Postby Gillipig on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 am

To everyone who's new to this site and don't know how things work, this thread is an excellent guide to how updates works on conquerclub. Some update is promised, time ticks away and nothing happens, users start getting needy, more promises are made and eventually followed by an apology, a couple of more months ticks away, and then either something actually gets uploaded or you'll get another apology followed by another promise.
Last edited by Gillipig on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby greenoaks on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 am

i think the Revolution has fizzled out.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Swifte on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Platinum medals!! =D>
Colonel Swifte

Postby HardAttack on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Swifte wrote:Platinum medals!! =D>

+1 +1
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 pm

wtf? I don't see platinum, I see people who used to have gold that now have bronze! and not everyone received those medals!!
Major betiko

Postby Swifte on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I think that maybe it is displaying correctly on their wall, but not in the forums. in the forums they appear back to bronze.
Colonel Swifte

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm

true! if I look at his wall (therev1957) it's displayed in platinum; in formus (where he bragged about it) it's seen as bronze.
I know I should get 3 and I don't have them yet (or maybe I need to finish a game for an update)
Major betiko

Postby hwhrhett on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Gillipig wrote:To everyone who's new to this site and don't know how things work, this thread is an excellent guide to how updates works on conquerclub. Some update is promised, time ticks away and nothing happens, users start getting needy, more promises are made and eventually followed by an apology, a couple of more months ticks away, and then either something actually gets uploaded or you'll get another apology followed by another promise.

you forgot the part where some updates that are "about to get implemented" just never happen......
Cook hwhrhett

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this already, but the new medals are listed as "Platinum", but when you click the medal description on the player profile, it says "Met requirements for Diamond"
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Since you're plastering the site with ads now, does that mean you'll finally devote some resources to make the site usable?

Half the time the site won't load and when it does each turn is a series of "Communication errors" and constant refreshing. That really takes all the fun out of it. I don't have this problem anywhere else - just CC. Every time I think about renewing my premium again I remember how little I enjoy playing here anymore.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:Since you're plastering the site with ads now, does that mean you'll finally devote some resources to make the site usable?

Half the time the site won't load and when it does each turn is a series of "Communication errors" and constant refreshing. That really takes all the fun out of it. I don't have this problem anywhere else - just CC. Every time I think about renewing my premium again I remember how little I enjoy playing here anymore.

bye then!
Major betiko

Postby benga on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

OMG the game finder is annoying now!!!!

why are you doing this w/o any feedback!!!
Sergeant benga

Postby Swifte on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:30 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:Since you're plastering the site with ads now, does that mean you'll finally devote some resources to make the site usable?

sometimes when there is an update, like there was today, there are bumps in the road. i'm sure they are sorting it out.
Colonel Swifte

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:33 pm

My gamefinder seems fine
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby happyfeet on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:15 pm

my game finder is down.
Colonel happyfeet

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives