Conquer Club

Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:44 am

Major GeneralRisk

Re: Dr. Carson's Amazing Speech Wipes Smile From B.O.s Face

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:16 am

I would rather have him as POTUS.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 am

Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 am

Dukasaur wrote:Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?
Worth watching. Over 2 million have watched it in last couple weeks.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 am

CreepersWiener wrote:I would rather have him as POTUS.
Me too. For now we are stuck with 4 more years of Bathhouse Barry.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 am

It's disappointing to see one of the few bipartisan institutions left in Washington reduced to political grandstanding.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 am

Symmetry wrote:It's disappointing to see one of the few bipartisan institutions left in Washington reduced to political grandstanding.
"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

That's grandstanding dude.

"I serve God, and my purpose is to please Him, and if God be for you, who can be against you?" Carson told Chris Wallace, host of "Fox News Sunday," when asked if he had any qualms about delivering his critical National Prayer Breakfast speech in front of U.S. President Barack Obama. {Hardly Grandstanding]

Does he have a book to sell or something?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 am

Symmetry wrote:That's grandstanding dude.

Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God. If you do...well he is just speaking his truth and people understand.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God. If you do...well he is just speaking his truth and people understand.

Meh- his political speech at the prayer breakfast and the Fox News booking suggest otherwise. I don't think your "Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God" argument really holds water.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Symmetry wrote:It's disappointing to see one of the few bipartisan institutions left in Washington reduced to political grandstanding.

I didn't see the video, but this seems symptomatic of our political process.

See: http://www.libertarianism.org/publicati ... s-us-worse
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Ok Scotty, I'm not watching a 27 minute video. Can you explain in 3 paragraphs or less what his main thesis is?

Over 20 million have watched the original Harlem Shake video in the last couple of weeks.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby puppydog85 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:

Over 20 million have watched the original Harlem Shake video in the last couple of weeks.

--Andy

and why is our political system messed up?
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby daddy1gringo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

Meh- his political speech at the prayer breakfast and the Fox News booking suggest otherwise. I don't think your "Its grandstanding only if you choose not believe in God" argument really holds water.
Actually, I agree with you that butterfly's comment makes little or no sense, but still believe it was not "political grandstanding". Far as I know nothing he said was the policy of any political party, but Carson's suggestions of different places to look for solutions to the nation's ills, based on his life experience of applied faith. He has lived the Biblical principle of "investing your talents" by using what he did have even though "dealt a tough hand" and born into a life situation that many would claim predestined him to failure.

A s far as I know he shows no signs of running for political office. He is not a politician but a world-renowned doctor.
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Houston, Texas area, by way of Isabela, NW PR

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

Actually, I agree with you that butterfly's comment makes little or no sense, but still believe it was not "political grandstanding". Far as I know nothing he said was the policy of any political party, but Carson's suggestions of different places to look for solutions to the nation's ills, based on his life experience of applied faith. He has lived the Biblical principle of "investing your talents" by using what he did have even though "dealt a tough hand" and born into a life situation that many would claim predestined him to failure.

A s far as I know he shows no signs of running for political office. He is not a politician but a world-renowned doctor.

+1

As far as the speech goes, it was really good, aside from his complete misrepresentation of the War of 1812. He claimed the US won the war even though it was the US that declared war, retreated so far they abandoned their capitol to be burned, and were eventually forced to make peace again without gaining a square inch of territory. That doesn't sound like winning. To rephrase Dr. Carson in a more accurate light, "...even though the Americans thought that we Canadians were young whippersnappers and it was time for us to become another US State...we went on to win that war and retain our freedom!" Plus about 3,000 American slaves won their freedom by escaping to Canada (then a British territory) in the chaos. Thomas Jefferson stated back then that "The acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching, and will give us the experience for the attack on Halifax, the next and final expulsion of England from the American continent." However that walk in the park was not meant to be. Of course economically, the takeover has virtually happened over time; but that's beside the point.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby notyou2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Apparently he offended you Ray, much as he tried not to.

He apologized repeatedly.
Captain notyou2

Postby Ray Rider on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 pm

notyou2 wrote:Apparently he offended you Ray, much as he tried not to.

He apologized repeatedly.

Just tryna set the record straight, ya know?
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,