Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 am

Judging by those hallucinations, the Governor is more sane than Rick.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am

Army of GOD wrote:How is that guy a moron? I'm sure if you were by yourself during a zombie apocalypse you'd be pretty fucking excited to see humanity.

Even if he didn't utter a word, you could judge it by his backpack. First, because it's foolish to have such a large, cumbersome thing on your back in a world where you need to be agile to evade walkers (sometimes without warning... the buggers sneak right up on you). Second, as mentioned previously, having pots, dinnerware, etc. dangling off the sides of the pack created a constant noise (you could hear it as he was walking along), and it's been proven many times that the walkers are attracted to noise. Frankly, I'm shocked he hadn't figured it out himself already: you see a walker, you make a noise, the walker turns toward you & begins pursuing. Not exactly rocket surgery, ya know lol. That's also why I'm guessing he had only been on his own for a short while, I can't imagine that he'd survive for long in that world.

Not saying that Rick et al. not helping him was right, mind you.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby Fazeem on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 am

my favorite show of all times at this point glad I saw this thread by chance I really hope the season finale is everything this season has displayed so far. I know we got a few more episodes before then I am just sayin lol
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:30 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:How is that guy a moron? I'm sure if you were by yourself during a zombie apocalypse you'd be pretty fucking excited to see humanity.

Even if he didn't utter a word, you could judge it by his backpack. First, because it's foolish to have such a large, cumbersome thing on your back in a world where you need to be agile to evade walkers (sometimes without warning... the buggers sneak right up on you). Second, as mentioned previously, having pots, dinnerware, etc. dangling off the sides of the pack created a constant noise (you could hear it as he was walking along), and it's been proven many times that the walkers are attracted to noise. Frankly, I'm shocked he hadn't figured it out himself already: you see a walker, you make a noise, the walker turns toward you & begins pursuing. Not exactly rocket surgery, ya know lol. That's also why I'm guessing he had only been on his own for a short while, I can't imagine that he'd survive for long in that world.

Not saying that Rick et al. not helping him was right, mind you.

LOL; "Rocket surgery" :? (???) LOL. OK, we'll come back around to that one in a bit. :lol:

That is precisely why I thought that he was probably a plant from the governor. But I realize now that he wasn't. My vote is that he is a "Moron" from a larger group that only recently met it's demise. Most probably because of him and so as luck would have it, The "Morons" are the last to die. LOL.

I would further surmise that the group the hitchhiker was with, were also mostly moron's to still be traveling on the road when the safest thing to do is to secure an area and get a good nights sleep. Otherwise what good are you. If after a year you have not found a place with food to fight over and protect (like a prison or a hospital or a shopping mall) then you just deserve to get eaten alive. :D

OK; I am not going to touch that Rocket surgery. It sounds really complicated. LOL. :lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:That is very logical!

But it still doesn't explain the desperate statement of picking up AoG if he were hitchhiking? :lol:

AOG is 100% loyal.

Loyalty has nothing to do with it. If you come across AoG on the side of the road you don't ask questions, you just grab him, throw him in a papoose, and get back to camp. Once back at base he'll amuse himself until you need him to defend camp. Then you give him a gun and a machete and - WATCH OUT. After he slaughters like 20 bandits, he'll demand a box of animal crackers and 2 cans of root beer, so you need to make sure you stock-up on those if you expect a zombie apocalypse.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:After he slaughters like 20 bandits, he'll demand a box of animal crackers and 2 cans of root beer

Isn't that a typical Saturday night for AoG?

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:After he slaughters like 20 bandits, he'll demand a box of animal crackers and 2 cans of root beer

Isn't that a typical Saturday night for AoG?

Typical AoG Saturday night:

Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

CreepersWiener; How would you know what a typical Saturday Night at AoG's is like?

Have "we" been there and done that? :lol:
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby nagerous on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:50 pm

This is funny too:

Captain nagerous

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:13 pm

One thing that I feel the show could have done was, that once they came into contact with the governor, they could have done a series of flash backs to how the governor rose to power and how their community got established in the first place. This would have added more characters to the show and made us even more sympathetic to the governors cause. We would then have a better idea of why this community, "The Governor," is ruthless when it comes to making contact with other groups and what happens to others who have joined the Governor's community and why.

A series of flash backs telling the Governor's story in more details, and those around him would have kept us asking even more questions about the future of the conflict to come between our groups of survivor's (Rick's group) and the governor's. In fact, it could still be done. Hopefully? Thus creating even more tension about the show.

Any one has any thoughts on that?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I am liking the episode so far. Even though not much is happening, I am enjoying seeing all of these people interacting and just seeing how their personalities match up so much. The two hard-head leaders, the two "advisers" so to speak, and the two that are just bad asses. I feel like these guys could get along if it werent for the two leaders.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:26 pm

what did i miss up to this point?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:what did i miss up to this point?

In the current episode?

EDIT- All youve missed in this episode is them meeting up, the governor disarmed himself but has a gun taped to the table, so he didnt really disarm himself, Rick hasnt disarmed himself, anddddd then the rest of the people outside were talking, being hostile, then worked together to kill a mob of the walkers. After that, Deryl and the other group's bad ass shared some cigarettes, Hershel and the scientist (cant remember his dang name) talked about Hershel's leg and junk, and the bitch (sorry, Andrea) has been a whiny bitch. And she tried intervening in the decisions, but got kicked out and went on a killing spree when the walkers came. Thats about it.
Last edited by new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:29 pm

new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

yeah, was finishing up a game and missed the first 25 mins
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I edited the post above to save space, though posting this advisory is completely couteracting. Therefore, Ill just edit it when I want to make another post :D

Edit- Of course the governor wants Michone the episode right after Carl goes and gives his dad approval of her. Damnit editors of the movie, why? WHYYYY???
Last edited by new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm

new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

EDIT- All youve missed in this episode is them meeting up, the governor disarmed himself but has a gun taped to the table, so he didnt really disarm himself, Rick hasnt disarmed himself, anddddd then the rest of the people outside were talking, being hostile, then worked together to kill a mob of the walkers. After that, Deryl and the other group's bad ass shared some cigarettes, Hershel and the scientist (cant remember his dang name) talked about Hershel's leg and junk, and the bitch (sorry, Andrea) has been a whiny bitch. And she tried intervening in the decisions, but got kicked out and went on a killing spree when the walkers came. Thats about it.

Awesome, thanks
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

Awesome, thanks

ill just watch it when it airs after talking dead

thought i hit edit...

turns out i hit quote.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:39 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

Awesome, thanks

ill just watch it when it airs after talking dead

Thats always a good way of seeing it, cause I gave a very rough overview (forgetting their conversations and all that), but I figured I would help you out so you werent completely lost :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:02 pm

i hope theres a war. and in the preview it looks like tyreese and his group, and also the scientist and andrea get converted to ricks side.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:17 am

Viceroy63 wrote:One thing that I feel the show could have done was, that once they came into contact with the governor, they could have done a series of flash backs to how the governor rose to power and how their community got established in the first place. This would have added more characters to the show and made us even more sympathetic to the governors cause. We would then have a better idea of why this community, "The Governor," is ruthless when it comes to making contact with other groups and what happens to others who have joined the Governor's community and why.

A series of flash backs telling the Governor's story in more details, and those around him would have kept us asking even more questions about the future of the conflict to come between our groups of survivor's (Rick's group) and the governor's. In fact, it could still be done. Hopefully? Thus creating even more tension about the show.

Any one has any thoughts on that?

As much as I agree with you that it would make the show better, there's no way they'd try to make the Governor a sympathetic figure. It's too much of a "generic cable drama" which has to have "good vs. evil".

I sort of like the "give me Michonne" deal because it puts a tough moral decision on Rick's shoulders.

Also, how much do you think that cig company (was it Camel? I forgot) paid AMC to have Darryl smoke a cig?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:01 am

1. Herschel is now driving the mini-van.
2. Darryl tries to seduce Martinez
3. Andrea has some kind of Rosie O'Donnell act going on
4. Glenn is mad Meryl is trying to take over but then puts him in charge so he can go and have sex.
5. The Walkers are kinda pervy and try to sneak a peek at Glenn and Maggie doing it.
6. Governor: "Rick, what's grosser than gross? LOL, my eye, dude!"
7. The Governor and crew leave in their apocalypse 4x4 rig. Rick and crew leave in the seafoam green mini-van with one-legged Willie Nelson driving.
8. The Walkers are apparently all now trained to just let Daryl ride his bike around wherever without attacking.
9. Milton: "Oh wait, Governor. I finally get it - we're the bad guys!"
10. Rick still looks dirty as hell but gets through an entire episode for once without melting into a 180-pound mound of sweat.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby new guy1 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

saxitoxin wrote:1. Herschel is now driving the mini-van.
2. Darryl tries to seduce Martinez
3. Andrea has some kind of Rosie O'Donnell act going on
4. Glenn is mad Meryl is trying to take over but then puts him in charge so he can go and have sex.
5. The Walkers are kinda pervy and try to sneak a peek at Glenn and Maggie doing it.
6. Governor: "Rick, what's grosser than gross? LOL, my eye, dude!"
7. The Governor and crew leave in their apocalypse 4x4 rig. Rick and crew leave in the seafoam green mini-van with one-legged Willie Nelson driving.
8. The Walkers are apparently all now trained to just let Daryl ride his bike around wherever without attacking.
9. Milton: "Oh wait, Governor. I finally get it - we're the bad guys!"
10. Rick still looks dirty as hell but gets through an entire episode for once without melting into a 180-pound mound of sweat.

I'd say this sums it up pretty well.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:10 pm

don't forget Milton and Hershel hitting on each other (Hershel: "buy me a drink first")
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ThatDogFenton on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:43 pm

saxitoxin wrote:5. The Walkers are kinda pervy and try to sneak a peek at Glenn and Maggie doing it.

^^ the point where I snorted tea out of my nose. Well done.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,