Conquer Club

New Player; tips & strategies?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

New Player; tips & strategies?

Postby darkdave2k on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi there,

I have played a few games, winning roughly 33% of them (20/60). Was wondering if anyone had any tips for a relatively new player. I am aware of the general rules, but was wondering if anyone had any strategic tips to help me progress from a new player to someone with a bit more of an idea into what it takes to make a decent fist of winning.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

DD2K
Corporal darkdave2k

Re: New Player; tips & strategies?

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:27 pm

try the society of cooks. They teach escalating, team games, and general strategy. Otherwise I would say learn from those who have already established themselves as good players in games that you enjoy.

When I started out I played escalating and 1 v 1. The 1 v 1 I soon realized was all about luck of the dice. So I tried becoming an expert on a map/certain settings for 1 v 1's and as long as you are a low rank playing 1 v 1's you will go up in rank even winning 33 percent like you are now.

Playing escalating games with correct strategy on easy/midsize maps will get you to captain or major quite easily. From there you can get into private escalating games vs other majors and work your way up the ranks.

Then there is freestyle. The mother load of points. If you find what you enjoy and can win a lot then try freestyle. It doesn't work for all settings or maps, but I find it much more fun and you get to take your turn everyday which is good for a freemium.

If you enjoy team games then make sure to start out you find others who will discuss turns and strategy to win as a team. Then you can try a clan if you get enough team experience.

Good Luck
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Koganosi on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 am

darkdave2k wrote:Hi there,

I have played a few games, winning roughly 33% of them (20/60). Was wondering if anyone had any tips for a relatively new player. I am aware of the general rules, but was wondering if anyone had any strategic tips to help me progress from a new player to someone with a bit more of an idea into what it takes to make a decent fist of winning.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

DD2K

Do what the person before me said, Join the Society of Cooks. Next to that try to pick up teamgames, and learn from your partners, get some fixed partners and work together, communicate. Thats basicly it.

Things you can do what the previous poster said, try to find a map wich you like and get very good at it. And play alot on that, this only if you wanne get high rankings. For people like me, ill rather play every map caus I like to learn new ones and pick up some tricks on it so I can always play every map, this for tournament games or anything else in that matter.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:00 pm

the only advice i can give u is this
( i believe u are a smoker, how much do you spend on ciggies per packet 6 pounds? )
stop smoking and invest 5 packets cigarettes in a one year full membership at cc,
the benfits u will see after 1 day already

u can plaY more games ( more games is more experience)
have fun
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby macbone on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:46 am

Darkdave, you can find a link to the SoC Training Academy in my signature. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby stotzi on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:24 am

Join the Society of Cooks (SoC)! You will learn a lot at being coached by a trainer in many training games!
Major stotzi

Postby Nucker on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 am

In games that are NOT escalating: - (SoC has this well covered).

A
Analysis of the drop. (Most games are won and lost here)

If you have a clear numerical advantage in a bonus area and it is not too big an area, this is a good start.
If there is not clear advantage look for the best one that has defence just outside it.

B
Turn 1: Stack where you plan dominate. Dont attack! You can create 4 stacks but generally 6 stack discourages others from stacking there.

Turn 2: Stacking is good again and a stop/loss plan is essential if you attack. ie if you lose 4 troops - 0; STOP. Next round is good enough, especially with 3 extra troops.
Dont take more than 2 territories (1 is best) as the 3 stacks are still littering your domain.

Nothing wrong with a 5 turn plan to take a bonus.

Once you have your bonus, stack for a turn or two. It does not matter where really as in most games stacks can be readily moved when ready.

C
Negotiate with a neighbour.

This will mean one less front to dedicate troops to.

D
Try not become a target. The delicate art of winning from 2nd or 3rd is the CC one to perfect.

Good Luck!!
Major Nucker

Return to Conquer Club Discussion