Conquer Club

Germany/France/Mexico Denounce Biden Anti-Dissent Crackdown

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

If Biden is inaugurated in January 2021, by what date will a Republican be back in the White House?

January 2022
50%
January 2023
No votes
January 2024
25%
January 2025
25%

Total votes : 8

Germany/France/Mexico Denounce Biden Anti-Dissent Crackdown

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:52 pm

It's happening.

So that you know, if Trump loses you probably won't hear from me for at least a week and when I eventually return I'll be drunk for the first couple days, and then in a shitty mood for the next couple days after that.

If Trump wins I'm gonna be here being annoyingly condescending and smug.
Last edited by saxitoxin on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 am, edited 21 times in total.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Oh shit I just realized I forgot to vote.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:54 pm

LOL JUST KIDDING!!! :D :D :D :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby riskllama on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:55 pm

LOL, classic saxi... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:56 pm

riskllama wrote:LOL, classic saxi... :roll:

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:59 pm

So, it's true what they say, that your polls close at 7, so working people don't have time to get home after work, feed the kids, and still make it to the polls?

Here, we generally close the polls at 9:30. I guess respect for working people is a luxury I shouldn't take for granted.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Dukasaur wrote:So, it's true what they say, that your polls close at 7, so working people don't have time to get home after work, feed the kids, and still make it to the polls?

Here, we generally close the polls at 9:30. I guess respect for working people is a luxury I shouldn't take for granted.

Yeah, they open at 6 a.m. on October 19 and close at 7 p.m. on November 3.

So for all the working people pulling a 324-hour shift, they might need to try to vote at lunch.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:10 pm

hello my friend saxi!!!

11trump-0 biden ... indiana
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Dukasaur wrote:So, it's true what they say, that your polls close at 7, so working people don't have time to get home after work, feed the kids, and still make it to the polls?

we vote only on sundays and polls close at 8. and at 8:01 we know who our president is and he starts straight away, not 2 month later.
Also, the vote of each of our citizens counts the same.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:14 pm

betiko wrote:

we vote only on sundays and polls close at 8. and at 8:01 we know who our president is and he starts straight away, not 2 month later.

Yeah, you're a godless folk. Canada is a Christian nation, we wouldn't dream of polluting the Lord's Day with something as crass as politics.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:

Yeah, you're a godless folk. Canada is a Christian nation, we wouldn't dream of polluting the Lord's Day with something as crass as politics.

so the bible forbids from voting on sundays or something? not like the mass is before lunch and after lunch you've got all afternoon right
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:20 pm

florida's looking bidennnnnnn
damn it flipped
Last edited by betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:22 pm

betiko wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:

so the bible forbids from voting on sundays or something? not like the mass is before lunch and after lunch you've got all afternoon right

Six days you shall do your work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; that your ox and your ass may have rest …

Your ass won't get much rest if he has to put up with a swearing-in ceremony and start reading briefing papers from the prefectures right away!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
betiko wrote:

Six days you shall do your work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; that your ox and your ass may have rest …

Your ass won't get much rest if he has to put up with a swearing-in ceremony and start reading briefing papers from the prefectures right away!

what about saturdays? aren't most people not working on saturdays or just half a day?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:31 pm

I vote for quantum mechanics. I'm sick of relativity.
https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-blac ... -20201029/
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jimboston on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:33 pm

You’ve been able to early vote or vote by mail for days or weeks in some places.

Poll closing times are irrelevant.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:37 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I vote for quantum mechanics. I'm sick of relativity.
https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-blac ... -20201029/

anyone pretending to understand quantum mechanics doesn't understand quantum mechanics
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:41 pm

come on biden flips florida again!!!!!!!
basically from wat I understand from your country... people from florida are wacky morrons, drug dealing latinos, retired rich guys and they all get to chose the president, the rest doesn't matter
Major betiko

Postby jimboston on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:45 pm

betiko wrote:

I think they should have in-person polls for a week... and mail-in only if requested and only if you state a valid reason.
There SHOULD be some barriers to voting... like caring.

The idea that we have a lame-duck president for months after the election... that’s a remnant of a time when communication took longer.
It’d be nice if we could put bipartisanism aside and make this a faster transition.

People like to complain about the Electoral College, but these are people who generally don’t understand our country and our founding.

There’s an argument to be made that we should get rid of it. It’s not valid however to state that an election is ‘stolen’ or ‘unfair’ or anything else like that because some losing candidate “won the popular vote”. The “popular vote” is meaningless in our system and crying about it after the fact is the same as a 9yo crying about losing because the “rules were unfair”. If there was a different system candidates would run campaigns differently, and people would vote differently, and so you can’t assume the “winner” of the “popular vote” would “win” if the system was changed prior to the fact.

Postby jimboston on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:46 pm

betiko wrote:come on biden flips florida again!!!!!!!
basically from wat I understand from your country... people from florida are wacky morrons, drug dealing latinos, retired rich guys and they all get to chose the president, the rest doesn't matter

You are correct till the very end of your sentence.

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 pm

jimboston wrote:
betiko wrote:

I think they should have in-person polls for a week... and mail-in only if requested and only if you state a valid reason.
There SHOULD be some barriers to voting... like caring.

The idea that we have a lame-duck president for months after the election... that’s a remnant of a time when communication took longer.
It’d be nice if we could put bipartisanism aside and make this a faster transition.

People like to complain about the Electoral College, but these are people who generally don’t understand our country and our founding.

There’s an argument to be made that we should get rid of it. It’s not valid however to state that an election is ‘stolen’ or ‘unfair’ or anything else like that because some losing candidate “won the popular vote”. The “popular vote” is meaningless in our system and crying about it after the fact is the same as a 9yo crying about losing because the “rules were unfair”. If there was a different system candidates would run campaigns differently, and people would vote differently, and so you can’t assume the “winner” of the “popular vote” would “win” if the system was changed prior to the fact.

so can you explain howfair it is that depending on your state your vote has more or less weight? the electoral college system is not accurate in terms of population per state. Also... candidates end up campaigning actually only for swinging states and take some states for granted.
If all votes counted the same... you would campaign for sociodemographics... not for locations
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:30 pm

betiko wrote:
so can you explain howfair it is that depending on your state your vote has more or less weight?

It makes sense within the original context of the U.S., that it is a free association of sovereign states, and that the interests of people in smaller states need to be protected.

Granted, it has mutated into something else, but that's another story. Its original conception made sense.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby HitRed on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:40 pm

It helps limit recounts. Instead of fighting in all 50 states for every vote... just one or two states.
Captain HitRed

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,