Conquer Club

Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fundamental flaws in the Republican Party

Postby tzor on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:46 pm

majorheadache876 wrote:“Conservative” Republican administration appointments have dominated the US Supreme Court since the infamous
Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton decisions that effectively legalized abortion-on-demand.

That's clearly not true. A few so called conservatives became liberal once on the court; many are in fact moderate. A number of conservatives never made it at all. Even then, considering that no appointment would ever consider going against the "tradition of the court" it would take even an extreme conservative (and a majority of them) to significantly reverse Roe v Wade.
Cadet tzor

Postby Night Strike on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:27 pm

tzor wrote:
majorheadache876 wrote:“Conservative” Republican administration appointments have dominated the US Supreme Court since the infamous
Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton decisions that effectively legalized abortion-on-demand.

That's clearly not true. A few so called conservatives became liberal once on the court; many are in fact moderate. A number of conservatives never made it at all. Even then, considering that no appointment would ever consider going against the "tradition of the court" it would take even an extreme conservative (and a majority of them) to significantly reverse Roe v Wade.

It's only the ones who are supposed to be conservative constructionists who turn into progressives on the court. No one who Democrats nominate ever become constructionists. It's just another one of those arguments that the progressives have twisted and won due to the complicit media.
Major Night Strike

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Night Strike wrote:It's only the ones who are supposed to be conservative constructionists who turn into progressives on the court. No one who Democrats nominate ever become constructionists. It's just another one of those arguments that the progressives have twisted and won due to the complicit media.

Bull. Sorry, but bull. The Supreme Court analyses the legalities, it doesn't consult the media to make its decisions, so a "complicit media" has nothing to do with it.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Night Strike on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
Night Strike wrote:It's only the ones who are supposed to be conservative constructionists who turn into progressives on the court. No one who Democrats nominate ever become constructionists. It's just another one of those arguments that the progressives have twisted and won due to the complicit media.

Bull. Sorry, but bull. The Supreme Court analyses the legalities, it doesn't consult the media to make its decisions, so a "complicit media" has nothing to do with it.

No, it's the media that leads the massive outcries against nominees who are actually conservative, thereby preventing them from being put on the Supreme Court, whether it be Bork, Myers, or anyone in between. And when someone like Obama is in charge, they also lead the false charges of Republicans only existing to block every person the progressive wants....even though the facts show that the Top 5 Senators who have filibustered nominees are all Democrats.
Major Night Strike

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 am

It is high time we start eliminating the media. Lets just bump the 2nd amendment up a spot.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am

Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 am

thegreekdog wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/03/18/beware_of_the_new_elites_117491.html

I generally agree with it, but crony capitalism is profitable for both political parties. Advertising messages against that status quo is politically suicidal at the moment, so how does one incentivize politicians to 'do the right thing'?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Guillotines.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:12 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Guillotines.

--Andy

@ Washington, D.C.

"All in favor of the Guillotines Against Politicians, say Aye."

"All oppose, say Nay."

"NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY"

Andy, we need a better name for the Guillotines program!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:40 pm

How about Head Start? Hm, that's taken already...

--Andy

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/03/18/beware_of_the_new_elites_117491.html

I generally agree with it, but crony capitalism is profitable for both political parties. Advertising messages against that status quo is politically suicidal at the moment, so how does one incentivize politicians to 'do the right thing'?

Ah HA! But, I put it in both threads!

Postby Gillipig on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

There are fundamental flaws with the way politics works in general, I wouldn't say one particular party is so much more dysfunctional than the other, we're looking at two rotten apples but only pointing at one of them.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby tzor on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:01 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:It is high time we start eliminating the media. Lets just bump the 2nd amendment up a spot.

But we're REPUBLICANS, damn it. We just let natural selection and the free market do its proper work and function.

They will be gone any decade from now; mark my words.
Cadet tzor

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Ah HA! But, I put it in both threads!

I was thinking of posting the same response in both threads, but I didn't.

/cool story
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Gillipig wrote:There are fundamental flaws with the way politics works in general, I wouldn't say one particular party is so much more dysfunctional than the other, we're looking at two rotten apples but only pointing at one of them.

No, there's 2 threads.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:

You don't incentivise politiciaons, you teach people. They then vote for the right thing.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

You don't incentivise politiciaons, you teach people. They then vote for the right thing.

People with undergrad degrees can still be uninformed.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 pm

tzor wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:It is high time we start eliminating the media. Lets just bump the 2nd amendment up a spot.

But we're REPUBLICANS, damn it. We just let natural selection and the free market do its proper work and function.

They will be gone any decade from now; mark my words.

The first amendment , the second amendment or the free market?

Regardless, I would agree, though the second amendment bit would be moot.

The problem is that most of what is put forward as "supporting the free market" is really about maintaining current businesses and current business models. It is inherently not about freedom, it is about not changing much.

What this means is that many, many opportunities for innovation, for other ideas are stifled. Oil is favored because not favoring it would be too detrimental... even though we are using it up and there is no ready and easy alternative. We cannot control pollution because the cost is too much and the damage is not quantified until years in the future. We cannot raise the minimum wage or increase social security because it will "harm business" today... but never mind that this means millions of seniors will be left with nothing. (anyone who doesn't save is just not working... never mind that its almost impossible to save for retirement and raise a family on $8 an hour)

Oh yeah... and don't ever forget that "freedom" only applies if you happen to be a white, heterosexual male.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:05 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

People with undergrad degrees can still be uninformed.

Yes, so can people with advanced degrees.

Knowing a lot about part of one subject doesn't mean you are universally informed.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby tzor on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
tzor wrote:They will be gone any decade from now; mark my words.

The liberally biased main stream media.
Cadet tzor

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 am

tzor wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
tzor wrote:They will be gone any decade from now; mark my words.

The liberally biased main stream media.

If you believe that, then you have no idea what real liberals even say, never mind what liberal bias sounds like. The media is pretty right of the center, with the exception of homosexuality and a couple other narrow issues.

What you are seeing is that the WORLD, data, has a "liberal bias".

Environmental destruction is real and significant, differences between genders are real and signifcant to daily life. Constantly blaming the poor, particularly the working poor for their plight is an old game, as is blaming immigrants. (anyone but those in power and those truly profiting from the status quo).

The bias is that the media is not blasting all those facts every day.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby tzor on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:35 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:If you believe that, then you have no idea what real liberals even say, never mind what liberal bias sounds like. The media is pretty right of the center, with the exception of homosexuality and a couple other narrow issues.

The media is "right of center" if you consider the center, on a scale of 1 to 10 to be, say a 2. I'm sorry but 3 is still left of 5.

STUDY: ALL MAJOR NEWS OUTLETS HAVE LEFT-LEANING BIAS THAT ‘DISTORTS’ MINDS

What do studies tell us about mainstream media bias?

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS’ “Evening News,” The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

Or you can just follow the money ...

MSNBC.com identified 143 journalists who made political contributions from 2004 through the start of the 2008 campaign, according to the public records of the Federal Election Commission. Most of the newsroom checkbooks leaned to the left: 125 journalists gave to Democrats and liberal causes. Only 16 gave to Republicans. Two gave to both parties.

Please, put down the NPR Cool Aid ... It's rotting your brain.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:43 pm

And back to my point; the New York Times is dying. It's not pretty watching that newspaper die; don't we already have laws on the books to prevent suicide?

The original major networks, once known for news journalism, are pretty much dying as well. Even cable news networks are undergoing chemotherapy because of the liberal cancer that is killing their ratings.

(This just in, the tumor commonly known as Ed Schultz has been contained by isolating it to the weekends.)
Cadet tzor

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:08 am

Postby Gillipig on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 am

I thought I already closed this topic. There are fundamental flaws in both parties because the system which the parties live by is flawed.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,