Conquer Club

Dear LeBron James

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dear LeBron James

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 am

xeno wrote:And the mavs won and guess what. I'm still here. You're still a bandwagon fan of a wishy washy organization with a terrible fan base.

k
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 am

xeno wrote:And the mavs won and guess what. I'm still here. You're still a bandwagon fan of a wishy washy organization with a terrible fan base.

xeno r angry!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Why do you take your sports so seriously?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:03 pm

How about the nuggets? not many teams can do what they do without at least 1 superstar.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Army of GOD wrote:here's the thread: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/posti ... &p=3206370

This is, from what I could find, the closest thing to a guarantee:

Army of GOD wrote:
xeno wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
xeno wrote:That man doesnt dick around. Dirk's gonna go out there with his caveman lookin ass and beat those two monkeys lebron and wade hopefully. Seriously his put back is unstoppable he's prolly the best player in the series no doubt.

lol

The last person who said something as stupid as this hasn't been seen in this thread in a while. You should try to learn to not be an idiot before you post.

I forgot who Pippen said could end up being better than Jordan...it sure as hell wasn't Dirka.

But you're an idiot anyway who disses hockey, so I shouldn't expect any less from you. Oh wellz. =/

Dont worry. mad cuz yall are gonna lose. if the mavs lose ill leave CC dallas is better than shitty heat

Please, I'll eat your shit and drink your piss just to get your worthless ass out of here.

The offer still stands.

What's your deal? Are you one of those guys that likes whatever team is good at the time? Do I have to shun you?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:16 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:here's the thread: posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=3206370

This is, from what I could find, the closest thing to a guarantee:

Army of GOD wrote:
xeno wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
xeno wrote:That man doesnt dick around. Dirk's gonna go out there with his caveman lookin ass and beat those two monkeys lebron and wade hopefully. Seriously his put back is unstoppable he's prolly the best player in the series no doubt.

lol

The last person who said something as stupid as this hasn't been seen in this thread in a while. You should try to learn to not be an idiot before you post.

I forgot who Pippen said could end up being better than Jordan...it sure as hell wasn't Dirka.

But you're an idiot anyway who disses hockey, so I shouldn't expect any less from you. Oh wellz. =/

Dont worry. mad cuz yall are gonna lose. if the mavs lose ill leave CC dallas is better than shitty heat

Please, I'll eat your shit and drink your piss just to get your worthless ass out of here.

The offer still stands.

What's your deal? Are you one of those guys that likes whatever team is good at the time? Do I have to shun you?

what? no...

I have been a Penguins, Broncos and Red Sox fan since the 90s. Granted, I am somewhat fairweather (like, when the Penguins sucked absolute nutsacks in 2002-2003, I didn't pay much attention to them) but then again who isn't?

The Heat have been my second favorite team since Wade joined the league (favorite player) and since I was only loosely a Raptors fan (parents got me a Raptors hat when I was 3, the first year they were in the league), I didn't feel awfully connected to them anyway.

Also, xeno can go f*ck himself but since I respect you a little bit I felt the need to explain. I know I don't need to defend myself over the internet.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby xeno on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Why do you take your sports so seriously?

I don't think I do. It's all in good fun.

And piss off Andy I don't need your useless monkey drivel here.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Army of GOD wrote:what? no...

Oh, okay.

Army of GOD wrote:I have been a Penguins, Broncos and Red Sox fan since the 90s

Wait a second...

Seriously dude. You are the definition of a bandwagon fan. All of teams were good and/or won championships at that period of time. Unless you have a good reason to be fans of those teams that have nothing to do with (1) their winning ways or (2) a player you like who is really awesome, then you are hereby shunned.

Acceptable reasons to be fans of those teams include:

- I was a huge fan of [insert name of obscure Broncos lineman].
- My favorite college player who went to my alma mater is a bench player on the Miami Heat.
- My dad's favorite team is the Pittsburgh Penguins because he grew up outside Pittsburgh.
- The first baseball game I ever went to was at Fenway and my parents did not like any particular baseball team so I latched on to the Sox.

I'm not saying you can't root for those teams, but you certainly are violating all sorts of codes when you brag about those teams. For shame...

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:05 am

(1) Red Sox were shit in the 90s. I like them because my favorite color is red. I don't see how that is much different than liking a Philly team for living in Philly. Both are childish.

(2) Broncos won back to back Super Bowls in 97 and 98, ok, but I was 6 and 7 at the time...I hardly understood fandom at the time. But trust me, I remember the Brian Griese/Jake Plummer era.

(3) Penguins won the year I was born and the year after. I literally wasn't capable of thought at the time. Jagr and Kovalev were my favorite players at the time. But trust me, I remember the early 00s (recall that they were about the worst team in the league then and I was 11-14).
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:13 am

Crazyirishman wrote:How about the nuggets? not many teams can do what they do without at least 1 superstar.

The 04 Pistons showed that it's do-able, it's just difficult. It's nice to see McGee not be a total douchebag like he was in Washington.

Also, the Manimal is a manimal.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:56 am

Army of GOD wrote:(1) Red Sox were shit in the 90s. I like them because my favorite color is red. I don't see how that is much different than liking a Philly team for living in Philly. Both are childish.

(2) Broncos won back to back Super Bowls in 97 and 98, ok, but I was 6 and 7 at the time...I hardly understood fandom at the time. But trust me, I remember the Brian Griese/Jake Plummer era.

(3) Penguins won the year I was born and the year after. I literally wasn't capable of thought at the time. Jagr and Kovalev were my favorite players at the time. But trust me, I remember the early 00s (recall that they were about the worst team in the league then and I was 11-14).

Sorry, doesn't fly with me. Like I said, you can root for those teams, but there is a limit to the rooting you can do. You cannot, for example, talk shit.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 am

LOL... shows you how much I know about sports,at first glance, I thought you were talking about the NRA president (la pier or whatever)... lol
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:(1) Red Sox were shit in the 90s. I like them because my favorite color is red. I don't see how that is much different than liking a Philly team for living in Philly. Both are childish.

Sorry, doesn't fly with me. Like I said, you can root for those teams, but there is a limit to the rooting you can do. You cannot, for example, talk shit.

So, AoG has to restrict his rooting by 13%?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Sure.

For someone that doesn't care about sports and gives shit to others for caring about sports, you sure spend a lot of time here.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 pm

xeno wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Why do you take your sports so seriously?

I don't think I do. It's all in good fun.

And piss off Andy I don't need your useless monkey drivel here.

xeno r angrier!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm

I'v been a Spurs fan since I was a kid way before the first title (David Robinson, Sean Eliott, Avery Johnson, Vinny Del Negro and all that) and I think this is the year. We only win titles on odd years, and 2013 sounds good!! ;)

also we have 3 french players this season! ;)
Major betiko

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:19 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

It sucks that Westbrook is out. The Thunder aren't as good as they were last year now that they're Harden-less but it would have been another great Finals (assuming the Heat and Thunder both got there).

Also, fucking Steph Curry.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Sure.

For someone that doesn't care about sports and gives shit to others for caring about sports, you sure spend a lot of time here.

Does this mean I can increase my rooting by 68%?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Serbia on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm a Detroit sports fan, ftr. Pistons are out, and I don't care.
Not a basketball fan. Mostly, when I watch basketball, it's so I can hate those I hate. I hate Miami most of all, currently. I used to hate the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Cavs, and Bulls, at various times. I currently sorta like Golden State and the Clippers, even though I typically hate California sports; I only like those two because they usually suck, but are doing well in the playoffs right now. My perfect finals would be Indiana vs. Golden State, with the Pacers winning.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Gillipig on Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 am

What team did he play in, Lakers?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Thunder are nothing without Westbrook...Durant is pretty much like Lebron in Cleveland now.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Sat May 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Talking of Bandwagoning.

This upsets me. Say I live in Shitty city, do I have to root for that team even though they always lose? WTF

I like the RedSox. And I didn't like the Redsox before the championships. But the truth is I've never really liked only one team in MLB, I used to follow teams with Mexican players, and towards the Playoffs I would pick the team that 'felt better', that I liked some of the players.. I did have a poster of Clemens with Boston as a kid. When I was a kid I liked the A's, and was pretty upset when they lost to the Reds in 4, got hats and all.

I'm upset about Redsox trading Gonzo away but got fond of the NESN comentators, they are stupid and silly, and I also really like some players like Bucholz and Nava and Middlebrooks, Pedroia is good but he's to dwarfish, and he's always got this expression of discomfort on his face... So probably will stay a RedSox fan for a while, until some other team wins my heart.

Does that make me a bandwagon fan? If so, f*ck you.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby oVo on Mon May 06, 2013 1:12 pm

The Thunder have been a fun team to watch, but without Westbrook for the remainder of the playoffs I anticipate the Spurs winning the West. It was surprising watching the Pacers take Game 1 on the Knicks home court. The number of close games in these early rounds has also been a surprise, but I'm not sure anyone can dethrone the Heat in the East.
hometeam fandome:
I was never a Cowboys fan, ever... until the Jimmy Johnson era and the influx of new players that only won a single game their first season. Recent versions of this team are underachievers, but I still like Romo. Been pulling for the Texas Rangers for many years, so their recent success has been a joy, but I miss Michael Young. Rooting for the Mavs has always been masochistic endeavor and it sucks that they finally had a good center and didn't manage a contract offer to keep him.

I do like seeing young players do well in all sports and have a tendency to pull for underdogs. Always liked the Steelers and still found myself pulling for the Cardinals in their Superbowl matchup... a game they should have won.
Major oVo

Postby ManBungalow on Mon May 06, 2013 1:32 pm

I have no idea what's going on in this thread.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Frigidus on Mon May 06, 2013 2:13 pm

nietzsche wrote:Talking of Bandwagoning.

This upsets me. Say I live in Shitty city, do I have to root for that team even though they always lose? WTF

I like the RedSox. And I didn't like the Redsox before the championships. But the truth is I've never really liked only one team in MLB, I used to follow teams with Mexican players, and towards the Playoffs I would pick the team that 'felt better', that I liked some of the players.. I did have a poster of Clemens with Boston as a kid. When I was a kid I liked the A's, and was pretty upset when they lost to the Reds in 4, got hats and all.

I'm upset about Redsox trading Gonzo away but got fond of the NESN comentators, they are stupid and silly, and I also really like some players like Bucholz and Nava and Middlebrooks, Pedroia is good but he's to dwarfish, and he's always got this expression of discomfort on his face... So probably will stay a RedSox fan for a while, until some other team wins my heart.

Does that make me a bandwagon fan? If so, f*ck you.

I hate to say it, but if you can honestly say that you're going to stop cheering for the team you're currently a fan of when a better one comes along you're a bandwagon fan. In my mind the way that you come to a team isn't really as important as the way you stick with them.
Sergeant Frigidus

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,