Conquer Club

Lisbon Metro [08/3] V4 pg3/3

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lisbon Metro [08/3] V4 pg3/3

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:47 am

Personally I think that the classic layout used for metro lines/ public trasport systems could work much more for a map like the one you want to develop.

There should be a reason if everyone use this system:
Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Forget the city layout....go with something classic.
Then to add some nice graphics, you can add some monuments or famous touristic places to the map, etc etc etc

A friend of mine has been in Lisbon recently and he showed to me many pics with interesting places....

Said that I would go with the classic metro graphic layout.

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Kabanellas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:51 pm

I kind of like the organic aspect of it, with the background images and the different zones circles... even considering that it's not the usual aspect of a metro line plan.

Nevertheless, you could try to use NB suggestion (doing it metro style) and attach some city pics/icons to the connections where they're located... Also, I'd make the Bus and Ferry lines (even more) organic opposed to the rigidness of metro lines.
Last edited by Kabanellas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Kabanellas

Postby Armandolas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:03 pm

ive thought about the "normal" concept of a metro map . But then i thought it would be hard to make without being almost a copy of the original map.
But surely i will try it...and i can allways keep this style for another project later on. (maybe because its mine i like the design and colours of it..lol)

What do u mean about being more organic :D
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Kabanellas on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:19 am

Armandolas wrote:ive thought about the "normal" concept of a metro map . But then i thought it would be hard to make without being almost a copy of the original map.
But surely i will try it...and i can allways keep this style for another project later on. (maybe because its mine i like the design and colours of it..lol)

What do u mean about being more organic :D

well, just leave them more loose to contrast with the orthogonality of metro lines....
Major Kabanellas

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 am

I really would like to see this map to become something like this famous board game (i.e. scotland yard), where the transport lines are meshed with the roads and the layout of the London city.

Click image to enlarge.

Maybe you can do the same for your map? Imo it would be really great!

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. The map is moved to the ideas subforum. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Cartographer Assistants will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas