Conquer Club

Rating abuse by ncbilly123 [Warned] DCR

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Rating abuse by ncbilly123 [Warned] DCR

Postby femmebot on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 am

<
I defeated this player ncbilly123 , in a 1v1 game, and was left with ratings of 1 star for every category, as well as being labeled with tags of deadbeat, secret diplomacy, and cheap tactics. ncbilly123 also called me a cheater in the game chat. (?)
I won the game, it was a two person game. This is clearly an abuse of the rating system, as well as a strange accusation.
When I saw what the player left as ratings, I followed up by looking at the ncbily123's past ratings, and saw that there is a history of this player abusing the system.
Is this acceptable abuse of the rating system?

Sorry if this sounds silly, however the rating left is unjustified.
What can i do to remove the inaccurate ratings?

femmebot ;)
Corporal femmebot

Re: Rating abuse by ncbilly123

Postby rishaed on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:05 am

First off, Fill out the form correctly. Theres a nice video on how to do it up in the main header.
2nd off. For ratings abuse you need 5 examples for it to be considered abuse. If you still feel wronged i suggest Foeing the player and moving on.
Edit: The video is in the sticky'd post(I suggest looking at it and watching the video) Its the first thread in this forum. In general it makes it easier for both the mods/players to form opinions, and make the right judgements.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby femmebot on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 am

The ratings are inaccurate, and malicious .
I was simply asking how to have them removed.

femmebot ;)
Corporal femmebot

Postby deathcomesrippin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 am

rishaed wrote:First off, Fill out the form correctly. Theres a nice video on how to do it up in the main header.
2nd off. For ratings abuse you need 5 examples for it to be considered abuse. If you still feel wronged i suggest Foeing the player and moving on.
Edit: The video is in the sticky'd post(I suggest looking at it and watching the video) Its the first thread in this forum. In general it makes it easier for both the mods/players to form opinions, and make the right judgements.

rishaed is correct. Next time you fill out a report it will be closed if you do not actually put in the effort to do it.

Second, we do in fact need 5 examples of unfair ratings. If you can find 5 examples of it, and post them, we will do our due diligence and proceed with the case.

I will give you 24 hours to find more examples, and then this case will be closed.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Re: Rating abuse by ncbilly123 [Pending] DCR

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:15 am

Accused:

ncbilly123

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Rating abuse

Game number(s):

Game 12466908
1 star ratings, deadbeat tag- no turns even missed.

Game 12507032
Same

Game 11816892
3 games played against this player, the cited game being the only one with a missed turn, and the only one billy won. 1 star ratings, deadbeat tag.

Game 11671087
4 games with this player, of which billy won one. 1 star ratings. Tags: Rude, Coward, Irrational. No rudeness in any of the chats.

Game 11297200
6 games to look at, 4-2 against billy. All 1v1. 1 star ratings. Tags: Paranoid, Bully, Irrational, Reckless

Comments:

That's 5 examples covering 15 games.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:22 am

I'm not doing this for every lazy poster out there though.

Also, as an aside, DCR, would you consider asking the Powers That be to amend the form template to 5 game examples?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby deathcomesrippin on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:57 am

Symmetry wrote:Accused:

ncbilly123

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Rating abuse

Game number(s):

Game 12466908
1 star ratings, deadbeat tag- no turns even missed.

Game 12507032
Same

Game 11816892
3 games played against this player, the cited game being the only one with a missed turn, and the only one billy won. 1 star ratings, deadbeat tag.

Game 11671087
4 games with this player, of which billy won one. 1 star ratings. Tags: Rude, Coward, Irrational. No rudeness in any of the chats.

Game 11297200
6 games to look at, 4-2 against billy. All 1v1. 1 star ratings. Tags: Paranoid, Bully, Irrational, Reckless

Comments:

That's 5 examples covering 15 games.

Thanks Sym.

I will recommend we adjust the form template.

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Yeah, why do you need 5 for abuse anyway? Like if someone checks off secret diplomacy and it was a 1v1 or someone gives 1 star for attitude when there was no chat or missed turns then this is obvious abuse and no more than one instance is needed to prove it.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby deathcomesrippin on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Yeah, why do you need 5 for abuse anyway? Like if someone checks off secret diplomacy and it was a 1v1 or someone gives 1 star for attitude when there was no chat or missed turns then this is obvious abuse and no more than one instance is needed to prove it.

Ratings Abuse is not just to point out each individual act of spite. We don't have enough mods for that. But, if the player in question systematically rates badly/unfairly/whatever you want to call it, then it is an issue of Ratings Abuse. That's why we have a set number.

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 am

deathcomesrippin wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Yeah, why do you need 5 for abuse anyway? Like if someone checks off secret diplomacy and it was a 1v1 or someone gives 1 star for attitude when there was no chat or missed turns then this is obvious abuse and no more than one instance is needed to prove it.

Ratings Abuse is not just to point out each individual act of spite. We don't have enough mods for that. But, if the player in question systematically rates badly/unfairly/whatever you want to call it, then it is an issue of Ratings Abuse. That's why we have a set number.

While I generally agree, I do hope the mods have some degree of flexibility on the number. 5 examples is a high threshold, and the research involved can be tough, especially for newer players (For whom, of course, a poor/unfair rating has a greater effect).
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Rating abuse by ncbilly123 [Warned] DCR

Postby deathcomesrippin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:54 am

ncbilly123 has been Warned for Ratings Abuse.

Return to Closed C&A Reports