Conquer Club

NEW RANKS Sugestions. [Poll Added]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Do you agree with the concept of 3 different Military Paths, each with its own rank?

Yes, although I think the old path should still be an option (4-Path)
11%
Yes, I agree fully with qwert's proposed 3-Path System
19%
Yes, I want new ranks, but not the 3-Path System
9%
Yes, I like the new ranks but not the graphics
10%
No, the ranks are fine as they are
51%

Total votes : 271

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 am

Scout maybe but musician is a different thing in a way. Scouts and musicians might be of various ranks or not at all part of the troops. Engineers like wise do other jobs in more of a supportive role.

They would be career choices. I guess that could be useful for someone that posts on the forum but never played a game. I doubt the guys running the site want to go through the trouble of assigning those ranks. Too much work with no reward.

Getting sent to kitchen was a punishment. Becoming an engineer or scout is more like a career choice. You would still have a rank besides those titles. I guess there would be cooks with ranks too but the other personal sometimes look down on them.

I like adding recruit and cadet above cook for guys that can't quite make private. If everyone else wants lots of other things added as ranks that's ok too, tailor, transport driver, pilot. I think it's getting blurred at that point though.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: NEW RANKS Sugestions. [Poll Added]

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

I think the new cook insignia is a riot lol. The only problem with the explorer insignia for me is that it might cause people to drop in rank to get it(it's really cool).
I agree though that the number of ranks is fine the way it is. Add too many and people may get annoyed. On the other hand, having more ranks in the lower spectrum could make the game more fun for new players.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re:

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:34 pm

2dimes wrote:Scout maybe but musician is a different thing in a way. Scouts and musicians might be of various ranks or not at all part of the troops. Engineers like wise do other jobs in more of a supportive role.

They would be career choices. I guess that could be useful for someone that posts on the forum but never played a game. I doubt the guys running the site want to go through the trouble of assigning those ranks. Too much work with no reward.

Getting sent to kitchen was a punishment. Becoming an engineer or scout is more like a career choice. You would still have a rank besides those titles. I guess there would be cooks with ranks too but the other personal sometimes look down on them.

I like adding recruit and cadet above cook for guys that can't quite make private. If everyone else wants lots of other things added as ranks that's ok too, tailor, transport driver, pilot. I think it's getting blurred at that point though.

So names
scout
sapper
are better appropriate .
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I think the new cook insignia is a riot lol. The only problem with the explorer insignia for me is that it might cause people to drop in rank to get it(it's really cool).
I agree though that the number of ranks is fine the way it is. Add too many and people may get annoyed. On the other hand, having more ranks in the lower spectrum could make the game more fun for new players.

Well that why i add few new in lower ranks,, because right now we have quite huge number of cooks. Add new ranks we will decrease number of cooks,and will get more scouts, sappers and recruits, instead only 1 rank(cook)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't think the difference between having 600 points and having 800 points is significant in terms of actual gameplay.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

ManBungalow wrote:I don't think the difference between having 600 points and having 800 points is significant in terms of actual gameplay.

It doesn't really matter though. A lot of players obviously don't ever get past the early ranks so if it makes their experience a little more interesting why not. I think catering to the newer and lower ranked players is beneficial to the site. Newer and lower ranked players seem to fly by the seat of their pants more when it comes to playing games and shifting along the point scale. It stands to reason then that there ought to be more ranks on the lower end of the spectrum so that a cook doesn't get too discouraged.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:33 am

Ok... maybe Master Sergeant... But some of those like Major General might confuse people. Just saying. The current one is fine, because it is less confusing.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Ok... maybe Master Sergeant... But some of those like Major General might confuse people. Just saying. The current one is fine, because it is less confusing.

Yeah, I agree on this point. The ranks should not be easily confused.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2dimes on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:46 am

I don't think it matters if it's complicated. If you're into ranks you will figure them out and if you don't pay that much attention to detail you won't care if it's complicated.
qwert wrote:Image

Maybe scout and Sapper should be between private and corporal. Since they are trades and you would need to be at minimum a private before you could advance to those positions.

I'm not sure about the US but here two bars on epaulettes show the rank of captain, in the Air force at least. Some pilots might be offended.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby agentcom on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm

In the U.S., two bars is a captain as well. 1 bar is a lieutenant. Echelons denote enlisted and rockers are NCOs ... at least in most of the services (I think there is an exception that is a Google search away, but I'm lazy). I think this idea is cool, but I'm not sure that it's beneficial or necessary (not that anything on CC is, strictly speaking, necessary). Gotta give qwert kudos for the design, though. My personal favorites would have to be cook (funny) and Sgt. Maj. (cool red stripe!).

I think I'd rather see a couple more ranks (if any are added at all) be in line with the way things look now. The epaulettes are cool, but I don't know if such a large-scale change is good. So I second the reticence that's been expressed by a few.

Not much substance added to the convo, I realize. Just wanted to drop in :)
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Armandolas on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:03 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:I like the idea of adding new ranks bud dont like the new emblems at all. I prefer the way they look now.

Subscribe 100% to this
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Conchobar on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

But why make Brigadier 3200? 3000 is a hard enough rank to maintain and 600 points difference between Colonel & Brigadier is too much.
Colonel Conchobar

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Conchobar wrote:But why make Brigadier 3200? 3000 is a hard enough rank to maintain and 600 points difference between Colonel & Brigadier is too much.

and you have 3040 points, so its not good to move up a little?

Expect soon more update,and more new interesting low ranks.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:57 pm

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm liking them better all the time qwert. I think I could get used to these. I can't change my vote on the poll though. :(
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2dimes on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm

You know what might be really cool? If scout, Sapper, engineer, musician, tanker, pilot, submariner and medical were trades like in the real world and you had to do things to qualify for them.

This concept is getting complicated but maybe they could have special powers in some sort of team games too. Like a doctor could bring back a single army per team per round or something.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:34 pm

2dimes wrote:You know what might be really cool? If scout, Sapper, engineer, musician, tanker, pilot, submariner and medical were trades like in the real world and you had to do things to qualify for them.

This concept is getting complicated but maybe they could have special powers in some sort of team games too. Like a doctor could bring back a single army per team per round or something.

I dont know abouth these,, but now i get idea, that every new player, when he activate here in CC get to decide what Rank road will go, and have from 3 option rank sets to take one
1. Army
2.Navy
3.Air
And then he will go up in ranks from these rank tree.

right now these set of ranks are for army. so i just need to create ranks for Navy and Air forces ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:43 pm

qwert wrote:
2dimes wrote:You know what might be really cool? If scout, Sapper, engineer, musician, tanker, pilot, submariner and medical were trades like in the real world and you had to do things to qualify for them.

I dont know abouth these,, but now i get idea, that every new player, when he activate here in CC get to decide what Rank road will go, and have from 3 option rank sets to take one
1. Army
2.Navy
3.Air
And then he will go up in ranks from these rank tree.

right now these set of ranks are for army. so i just need to create ranks for Navy and Air forces ;)

I think these are all great ideas, guys.
Keep up the brainstorming. :D
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Emmdizzle on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:44 am

qwert...i love the new ranks!!! awesome man...i hope they change them!!!
Brigadier Emmdizzle

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 am

new option, switch to be ranked in Army or Navy (left air forces to create)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Emmdizzle on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 pm

they just keep getting better!! I love it, although I think you should add Lieutenant General again and maybe rear admiral to the navy ranks
Brigadier Emmdizzle

Postby codierose on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:00 pm

na still looks shit just dose not compare
Major codierose

Postby 2dimes on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Well if they actually went along with multiple rank trees there could be an option to keep the current CC designations. Yes?

It might even be possible that you could choose which ones you see on everyone in your settings.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:56 pm

2dimes wrote:Well if they actually went along with multiple rank trees there could be an option to keep the current CC designations. Yes?

It might even be possible that you could choose which ones you see on everyone in your settings.

yes, these its idea, you could have options to switch in new rank tree, or to stay on old rank ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby codierose on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:15 pm

codierose wrote:na still looks shit just dose not compare

now any one of these three look cool
Major codierose

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions