Conquer Club

Sportsmanship v server problems

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Sportsmanship v server problems

Postby mint-murray on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm

So earlier played a game on Salem where my opponent could have finished me - but lost a huge stack to nuked buggy stop. He claimed it was due to a server problem and that I should just allow him to win and if not should more or less search my own soul for taking game points.
Now it's happened to me numerous times - I curse the hell out the computer, but never do I expect my opponent to say sorry ill just deadbeat and give you the game.
What's your take and actions on these situations.
Captain mint-murray

Re: Sportsmanship v server problems

Postby therev1957 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 pm

hey I have lost so many points to server problems...but usually I just send a PM saying sorry my server went down I didn't want to deadbeat...what I hate is when I send them a PM explaining it and they still give me a bad rating and a deadbeat tag!
Lieutenant therev1957
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 am

mint-murray wrote:So earlier played a game on Salem where my opponent could have finished me - but lost a huge stack to nuked buggy stop. He claimed it was due to a server problem and that I should just allow him to win and if not should more or less search my own soul for taking game points.
Now it's happened to me numerous times - I curse the hell out the computer, but never do I expect my opponent to say sorry ill just deadbeat and give you the game.

Only happened to me once, but it was pretty annoying. A guy missed a turn which was a major contributor to his loss, and he claimed it was my moral obligation to also miss a turn to redress the balance. Carried on about it for so long that I actually did miss a turn to please him, but it wasn't enough. He claimed that because he missed a turn early on when it mattered and I missed a turn in the late game, it still wasn't enough and I was a sleazebag for not missing the turn immediately after his missed turn.

Some people just won't turn off the self-pity machine for anything.

Anyway, after that experience I resolved not to feel sorry for anyone. If you miss a turn, oh well, that's life. It's happened to everyone. Suck it up and roll with it.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby nicestash on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:27 am

I act like I don't know English and ignore people when they try that. The only exception is if it's in a game against friends in which case I'm more than willing to oblige because I know they'd do the same back for me.
Major nicestash

Postby laughingcavalier on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:53 pm

mint-murray wrote:So earlier played a game on Salem where my opponent could have finished me - but lost a huge stack to nuked buggy stop. He claimed it was due to a server problem and that I should just allow him to win and if not should more or less search my own soul for taking game points.

Most times the stop is human error. Take the win and express sympathy.
I am pretty careless about clicking the wrong place, and as I have to play most of my turns on my phone these days, I get quite a few errors from that (in case you havent read me complaining, CC will you please sort out your issues with android). End result I lose a lot of points through carelessness & bugs, so I dont mind enjoying those times when I get an upside. (Unless you are one of the players I have beaten this way, in whcih case I am really really sorry, deeply regret what happened, wish I could make it up to you somehow). :D
We have all had to deal with guilt laid on us by other players over stuff that isnt our fault, it's one of the downsides of playing, but really life is too short to worry too much.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am

Intentional deadbeating is forbidden. Tell the other person that one must strive to uphold the laws; otherwise, anarchy.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Return to Conquer Club Discussion