Conquer Club

Point Reduction for Kiron?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Do you support a point reduction for Kiron?

Total votes : 0

Point Reduction for Kiron?

Postby Swifte on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:43 am

Kiron the Conqueror was found guilty of cheating his way to the top of our scoreboard, and has been stripped of his Conqueror medal. While losing the medal is a blow to be sure, it seems to me unreasonable that allowing him to keep the points that he gained by cheating, and sit atop the scoreboard above other deserving conquerors is really unfair to several legitimate players that deserve a shot at earning the title of Conqueror.

Even just resetting points he gained from games with his roommate ought to be enough to put him back on a level playing field with the rest of the CC community. I understand that this is not necessarily an easy task, but in my opinion it is necessary to properly recognize those that represent the true spirit of what it is to be conqueror, and is therefore a task worth undertaking.

If we don't do resets in situations of gross abuse that lead players to the top of the scoreboard, we do a great disservice to those who play the site by the rules and are truly excellent at the game.

Please cast a vote of support above if you are inclined, and feel free to sign below as well.

EDIT: clarified title of thread - poll wording remains unchanged.
Last edited by Swifte on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Swifte

Re: Point Reset for Kiron?

Postby takman2k on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am

Example: Those that are found guilty in NASCAR of cheating usually get some form of time out, -25 pts to the team, or to the pit scores. Probation and - minus a set points in this case would be in order, maybe consider 1 full rank back like they do in Real Life military. I havent read the full story but if he 'does' have a roommate, or he has broken a rule, this should be enforced. If theres only suspicion, but doubt, then i think others should play better to get to the top spot.
Sergeant 1st Class takman2k

Postby HardAttack on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

this below snapshot is taken minutes ago,

Click image to enlarge.

to show how kiron's suspicious/found of guilty in way how he made points to block #2 to get conquerer medal/position.
how can this ever be possible is far far from my understanding.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 am

Aye- game fixing in most sports involves the fixed games being annulled as well as a more general punishment.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby cooldeals on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 am

Swifte wrote:Kiron... has been stripped of his Conqueror medal.

So if he isn't Conqueror than who is?

This seems like a glaring question in the aftermath of the case. The people have no champion.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 am

cooldeals wrote:
Swifte wrote:Kiron... has been stripped of his Conqueror medal.

So if he isn't Conqueror than who is?

This seems like a glaring question in the aftermath of the case. The people have no champion.

Who says a champion of the people needs to be a conqueror?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby josko.ri on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 am

I think he was declared guilty without even hard provement that he did anything bad. In my opinion admins wanted to make community happy and it is very easy to punish one player that is disliked by mass just ti satisfy the mass. We have seen more disgusting examples of cheating in past than this one, for example when a player boasted in private forum how he gained advantage In games using abusive methods but still point reset was not applied and nirmal punoshment scale was followed. Kiron already received too hard punishment considering tht was his first offense for what other players receive warnings. And do not get me wrong, I am actually the one who first brought his case to public, but I changed my opinion after seeing evidence that Kiron and xiang have higher winning perentage when they are playing alone than when they are playing together in 8 player games. They like to play together just like I more like to play vs someone I know than vs unknowns. What makes cheater a real one is obvious intention to cheat, and we had more harder cases in past where cheating intention was obvious.
Major josko.ri

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

josko.ri wrote:Kiron already received too hard punishment considering tht was his first offense for what other players receive warnings.

Lost me there. Kiron had been warned and blocked in the past.
Major Bones2484

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:16 am

josko.ri wrote:I think he was declared guilty without even hard provement that he did anything bad. In my opinion admins wanted to make community happy and it is very easy to punish one player that is disliked by mass just ti satisfy the mass.

Yeah, pretty much disagree with everything you wrote. There was a lengthy thread about this in GD, and it didn't go down as you've described.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby HardAttack on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 am

josko.ri wrote:I think he was declared guilty without even hard provement that he did anything bad. In my opinion admins wanted to make community happy and it is very easy to punish one player that is disliked by mass just ti satisfy the mass. We have seen more disgusting examples of cheating in past than this one, for example when a player boasted in private forum how he gained advantage In games using abusive methods but still point reset was not applied and nirmal punoshment scale was followed. Kiron already received too hard punishment considering tht was his first offense for what other players receive warnings. And do not get me wrong, I am actually the one who first brought his case to public, but I changed my opinion after seeing evidence that Kiron and xiang have higher winning perentage when they are playing alone than when they are playing together in 8 player games. They like to play together just like I more like to play vs someone I know than vs unknowns. What makes cheater a real one is obvious intention to cheat, and we had more harder cases in past where cheating intention was obvious.

Kiron was found of guilty on way he made the score and conquerer. A lot of threads there and around.
Apart from it, dont you feel someone's medal and conquerer spot is busted right now ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:19 am

Of course I am in favor of this due to my position on "questionable" practices, especially regarding the conqueror position. The current conundrum is what happens when punishments for abuse are too lenient; they leave an unbalanced point structure that needs to be "righted".
However, I think to be fair and consistent the same sort of appropriate dealings should apply to any conqueror, past or present.
When you cheat in a race you don't get "held back" 500 yards or whatever, you get disqualified and have to try again next race.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Of course I am in favor of this due to my position on "questionable" practices, especially regarding the conqueror position. The current conundrum is what happens when punishments for abuse are too lenient; they leave an unbalanced point structure that needs to be "righted".
However, I think to be fair and consistent the same sort of appropriate dealings should apply to any conqueror, past or present.
When you cheat in a race you don't get "held back" 500 yards or whatever, you get disqualified and have to try again next race.

You tend to get a ban and have your medals stripped in the most severe cases.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Keefie on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am

Reset him now please
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:57 am

josko.ri wrote:Kiron already received too hard punishment considering tht was his first offense for what other players receive warnings.

It wasn't his first offense though. He has been reprimanded more than once before for similar shit involving other roomates or whatever they are and warned/blocked. That's why people are out for blood. He knew 100% what he was during from those past offenses.

Otherwise, I would completely agree with you.

I am not out for blood personally and resetting is a bit much imo. I do however think that he should lose a percentage of his points to allow for a true conquerer to have the spot. If he really is that good, he can use his skill, minus the cheating, to get those points back.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jabajabba on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 pm

There should of been a point reduction , period . This site is becoming a joke !
Brigadier jabajabba

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Either removed from the top of the score board (preferred) or given the conqueror medal.
Cook Butters1919

Postby xiangwang on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

This old crap again, give it a rest. Mods, I request this thread closed due to flaming on an already closed case.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm

xiangwang wrote:This old crap again, give it a rest. Mods, I request this thread closed due to flaming on an already closed case.

I haven't read any flames. Are you seeing something in-between the lines that I have somehow missed?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

xiangwang wrote:This old crap again, give it a rest. Mods, I request this thread closed due to flaming on an already closed case.

Weren't you banned and blocked by the cheating and abuse mods for cheating with Kiron?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby xiangwang on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:40 pm

GLG pulled even bigger abuses and never got a point reset. Just leave the man be and go on with your lives. It's been almost a month now.
Brigadier xiangwang

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:44 pm

i make mistake- i vote for yes,, but now i change to no
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 pm

qwert wrote:i make mistake- i vote for yes,, but now i change to no

Internet polls votes are binding. No further changes can be made.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Swifte on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 pm

what qwert means is - I didn't vote how he wanted on his poll, so now he wants to change his vote on mine. :roll:
Colonel Swifte

Postby Swifte on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:00 pm

xiangwang wrote:GLG pulled even bigger abuses and never got a point reset. Just leave the man be and go on with your lives. It's been almost a month now.

I'm not worried about what's happened to other abusers in the past. I think it is a policy that should be changed. If you get points by cheating, you should not get to keep those points. That is just common sense to me.
Colonel Swifte

Postby xiangwang on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Swifte wrote:
xiangwang wrote:GLG pulled even bigger abuses and never got a point reset. Just leave the man be and go on with your lives. It's been almost a month now.

I'm not worried about what's happened to other abusers in the past. I think it is a policy that should be changed. If you get points by cheating, you should not get to keep those points. That is just common sense to me.

You even said yourself, you don't care about other abusers in the past. Well even if for sake of argument, Kiron was an abuser (which I still contest), it was in the past. If you are going to change policy then it should be prospective not retroactive. 99% of change in laws and policy are prospective or retrospective, they don't punish people for things done in the past. The rules should be consistent, you can't suddenly flaunt new rule changes.
Brigadier xiangwang

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion