Conquer Club

Ancient Israel (with map)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

Total votes : 0

Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:04 pm

How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Ancient Israel (with map)

Postby TeeGee on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:35 pm

My belief is it is off topic enough, given the question involved to remain in the OT forum.
As for the question.. I have another question.. Which god or who's god are you talking about in the poll? My wife says I am her god :lol:
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:43 pm

TeeGee wrote:My belief is it is off topic enough, given the question involved to remain in the OT forum.
As for the question.. I have another question.. Which god or who's god are you talking about in the poll? My wife says I am her god :lol:

Do you have twelve tribes? Your wife might not take the news well.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TeeGee on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 pm

We have 7 kids... 1 tribe is more than enough for me
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:56 pm

TeeGee wrote:We have 7 kids... 1 tribe is more than enough for me

Ha, awesome dude.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:57 pm

I like it, as long as they do using American taxpayer dollars. Manifest Destiny - Israel edition.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 pm

but yeah, fair question. the God of the 12 tribes as mentioned in the Koran, and, I think, some other religions' books.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Night Strike on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Symmetry, do you hate everything about Israel? Because you are completely fixated on this map idea.
Major Night Strike

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Night Strike wrote:Symmetry, do you hate everything about Israel? Because you are completely fixated on this map idea.

Don't you hate circumcision?
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Night Strike wrote:Symmetry, do you hate everything about Israel? Because you are completely fixated on this map idea.

I do not hate Israel, and I'm not alone in my concerns as to the maps and boundaries of what constitutes Israel, ancient or modern. You are welcome to discuss this reasonably with me as long as you don't start all of your posts in the same manner. Fair?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:43 pm

why do you love Hitler so much Symm?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Army of GOD wrote:why do you love Hitler so much Symm?

I don't think I've ever seen such a direct correlation between levels of argument, rank and physical height.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 am

Symmetry wrote:
TeeGee wrote:My belief is it is off topic enough, given the question involved to remain in the OT forum.

Do you have twelve tribes? Your wife might not take the news well.

Symmetry wrote:
TeeGee wrote:We have 7 kids... 1 tribe is more than enough for me

Ha, awesome dude.

DoomYoshi wrote:I like it, as long as they do using American taxpayer dollars. Manifest Destiny - Israel edition.

Symmetry wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen such a direct correlation between levels of argument, rank and physical height.

Rofl you guys are on a roll! Keep it up, this is entertaining!
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 am

Symmetry wrote:

I do not hate Israel, and I'm not alone in my concerns as to the maps and boundaries of what constitutes Israel, ancient or modern. You are welcome to discuss this reasonably with me but I can't reciprocate. Fair?

Sym, what don't you hate about Israel?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I do not hate Israel, and I'm not alone in my concerns as to the maps and boundaries of what constitutes Israel, ancient or modern. You are welcome to discuss this reasonably with me but I can't reciprocate. Fair?

Sym, what don't you hate about Israel?

Oh, now you're making me fal-afel.

Yeah, I should have guesses NS wouldn't reply.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TeeGee on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 am

I voted kittens coz they are cute and cuddly......

....and fit nicely down the barrel of a bazooka with a little nudge from a broom handle :D

PS: No kittens were harmed in typing this post
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 am

Symmetry wrote:

For the first time, I've laughed out loud at a Symmetry post due to the humor of the post.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:42 am

Symmetry wrote:How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

I'm indifferent given that ancient Israel is, well, ancient.

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:How sympathetic are you to the idea of the 12 tribes of Israel conquering ancient Israel?

I'm indifferent given that ancient Israel is, well, ancient.

Thanks for coming.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am

Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 am

thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).

In your struggle, what were the arguments battling it out? I might be able to clarify.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Was there a further point to this thread? I'm struggling to understand why you have an opinion, one way or another, on ancient Israel and whether or not some tribes fought over it (or didn't fight over it, as the case may be).

In your struggle, what arguments were battling it out? I might be able to clarify.

(1) I should care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.
(2) I should not care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.

I voted the latter, probably because I don't know why I should care about something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I hope that helps you help me.

Postby Symmetry on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

In your struggle, what arguments were battling it out? I might be able to clarify.

(1) I should care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.
(2) I should not care whether there were 12 tribes struggling for control of ancient Israel.

I voted the latter, probably because I don't know why I should care about something that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. I hope that helps you help me.

I'm not sure, it's clearly something you care about now, but you seem conflicted about whether you "should" care.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm not sure, it's clearly something you care about now, but you seem conflicted about whether you "should" care.

I care because I don't understand why you care. You still haven't explained why you care and I've asked twice already.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,