Conquer Club

The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (winner andypl0nd0n

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (round 2)

Postby merch313 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 am

Tourney active
Major merch313

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (round 2)

Postby generalhead on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:53 am

Round 8 invites have just been sent out
Sergeant generalhead

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (round 8)

Postby kizkiz on Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 am

12689168 is missing a player
Captain kizkiz

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (round 8)

Postby generalhead on Fri May 03, 2013 10:20 pm

kizkiz wrote:12689168 is missing a player

working on that
Sergeant generalhead

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (Need Players

Postby generalhead on Sun May 05, 2013 8:33 am

problem resolved. players no longer needed
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Next game set up in progress. Sorry for the delay. I was moving from Florida to Pennsylvania. For any questions or concerns please PM me.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 am

Round 9 Invites for Haiti sent
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 am

Semi-final invites have been sent
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Chewie1 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:13 am

generalhead wrote:Semi-final invites have been sent

Have to say I didnt realize that the semi-finals were going to be a 1v1. All the hardwork everyone has put in boils down to a random drop and first round dice which = a 1v1.

Dissappointed!
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby generalhead on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am

Chewie1 wrote:

Have to say I didnt realize that the semi-finals were going to be a 1v1. All the hardwork everyone has put in boils down to a random drop and first round dice which = a 1v1.

Dissappointed!

If you follow the game play layout down and do a little math it ends up in the semi-final round as a 1v1. If you didn't like the game play you didn't have to join the tournament. Every tournament is different and there are plenty plenty others out there you could have joined. I don't recommend any 1v1 tournaments though because you will end up with the same scenario.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Chewie1 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 am

generalhead wrote:
Chewie1 wrote:

Dissappointed!

If you follow the game play layout down and do a little math it ends up in the semi-final round as a 1v1. If you didn't like the game play you didn't have to join the tournament. Every tournament is different and there are plenty plenty others out there you could have joined. I don't recommend any 1v1 tournaments though because you will end up with the same scenario.

No need for the sarcasm!
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby kizkiz on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:50 pm

Personally i think the semi finals being 1vs1 is a great idea
(Yes, i got a great drop and first turn ;))
Captain kizkiz

Postby Pappje on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Maybe semi finals could be best of 3 - lose once and you get a liferaft thrown?

(Yes, I'm against kiz and he completely lucked out with his drop and going first). :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Pappje

Postby generalhead on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 am

Chewie1 wrote:
generalhead wrote:
Chewie1 wrote:

Dissappointed!

No need for the sarcasm!

Sorry buddy. Tournaments can be hard and and time consuming to run. It is a little frustrating when you get down to the end and a player say that the tournament was disappointing. I will take your comments into consideration for any future complex tournaments. I am sorry for the sarcasm too, I was just venting my frustration which I shouldn't have done. Please don't let my rude comments reflect on my character.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 am

Pappje wrote:Maybe semi finals could be best of 3 - lose once and you get a liferaft thrown?

(Yes, I'm against kiz and he completely lucked out with his drop and going first). :lol:

That would have been a great idea to do a best of three. I wish I could change it now but the layout is already picked and wouldn't be fair to the winning players. I know I have played many 1v1 tournaments and have made it to the semi-final or final rounds and have received a bad dice or a bad drop. It can be frustrating. Maybe a 1v1 semi-finals was not a good idea for a complex tournament. Like I said though the layout has already been chosen and would not be fair to change it now. (I don't think the winners would agree to it)
Sergeant generalhead

Postby Chewie1 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:33 pm

generalhead wrote:
Chewie1 wrote:
generalhead wrote:
Chewie1 wrote:

Dissappointed!

No need for the sarcasm!

Sorry buddy. Tournaments can be hard and and time consuming to run. It is a little frustrating when you get down to the end and a player say that the tournament was disappointing. I will take your comments into consideration for any future complex tournaments. I am sorry for the sarcasm too, I was just venting my frustration which I shouldn't have done. Please don't let my rude comments reflect on my character.

Mate you misunderstand me, the whole tournament has been fantastic with a great concept of how to progress, making players work for the right to stay on a ship.
Only thing that was disappointing was a 1v1 semi final.
I didnt mean for it to come across as negative as you took it.
Anyone who made it through the first cruise of this tournament would have to agree what a great tournament it has been and still is.
You have put in a lot of hard work which is highly commendable =D> =D> Lesser tournament organizers have thrown in the towel by now, I will certainly look out for tournaments you run in the future.

(Make kizkiz win best of 3 to punish him for gloating)
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby Pappje on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:50 pm

+1 for Chewie's comments. Great tourney, fun tactics as you don't need to win but just avoid elimination in certain rounds.

It's only our competitive streaks bubbling up at the end, it's a testament to how good the tourney has been that makes us wish we could have got the luck in the semis! I've just played the Italy 90 World Cup comp which was a nice idea, but I'd forgotten the map flaw which meant that 1 person in each game started with a 1 troop deploy advantage, no skill needed really.

So yep, great comp, and only Kiz needs do a best of 3 as punishment for gloating (and he & I are in the same clan, so don't worry about upsetting him ;) )
Sergeant 1st Class Pappje

Postby Chewie1 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:24 am

Somehow i overcome my opponents better drop and first round dice and won..... may have something to do with him having awful luck with cards...... had to wait for 5 cards twice and still he could only play a red set.

See you in the final kiz
Lieutenant Chewie1

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (Final

Postby generalhead on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:12 am

Final round invites sent.
Who will survive the land of Jamaica?
Good luck Passengers.
Sergeant generalhead

Re: The Horrible Cruise Captain Tournament (winner andypl0nd

Postby generalhead on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:35 am

=D> Winner =D>
Thank you all for participatingImage