Conquer Club

Newbies ----> Flame On

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Newbies ----> Flame On

Postby Barney Rubble on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 am

waltero wrote:Very little Strategy to be learned in this game.

This is a game of dice. As it stands now it is a game of luck!
Luck on cards luck on placement luck on Internet conctn luck on defense luck on attack.

If players wish to play their game based on luck so be it!

Game play is limited. Implement Card play and weather along with many other variables.
Probably the only way to reduce the dice factor (luck).

Try a game called Imperial! Risk with no dice. If you want more info post on my wall. Online and many games to chose from. All free

Spamming Definitely a No No on this site
BR
Corporal 1st Class Barney Rubble

Postby slsfong on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Maybe I just have more patience than some people, but the unhinged players (or players whose strategy doesn't make sense to me) don't bother me. It's probably from playing with a guy who suicides at the drop of a hat for years.

You don't know why another player is making some of those calls -- maybe they have a strategy that's sound and works well for them, but you just don't see it.

Personally, I'm one of those bonus monkeys mentioned previously:D I like to make my moves early on and get momentum. And I find I have more flexibility when I cluster my people together rather than less. Now, when it fails, it does so spectacularly, but I don't like the waiting around for spoils. Besides, part of my motivation for conquering the globe is to bring order, and you can hardly bring order out of chaos by running around willy-nilly.

I'm sure, however, that probably annoys some of the players I've played with. Just like I know some are annoyed by truces, while I find them expedient and polite.

I'd probably foe the guy anyway, just because he got rude in chat. :P
Cook slsfong

Postby Armandolas on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 am

Waltero, You asked what is actually a noob. Well in my opinion is a player with low experience in the game, with few games played.Normal thing for people who starts playing a game.
Or for example if you go play Stalingrad for the 1st time.Then you are are a noob in the map for sure.
Now, there is a big difference between a noob and a bad player with more than 1000 games played.
I must agree with you in one thing, Risk is also a game of luck.You play dices so you are dependant on that.But saying it does not involve any strat is absolutely nonsense.
Because there are many styles of playing to choose, is obvious that players will start to find where they are better at. Some just excell in Freestyle for example and gain really good amount of points on that.
Some others prefer and gain points on other game styles(ex.In athletics u can excell at 100m , u can be very good in the 10000m or some are great because they are allrounders and perform good in many different styles)

Looking at your stats i would be favoured to say u dont perform good at any style.
Looking at your games, this was the first i bumped into Game 12467054, u actually admit that u suck and you even admit that u dont understand the map after playing in it a few times. But final saying comes actually from your own words that dont make sense at all. You talk about bob , assault odds and high ranked players getting pissed off or rating you as a bad player.
A lot of bullsihit excusing yourself to be a poor player.
My self lost many many games against lower ranked people and won against high ranked players. When you play 1vs1 its normal that you have 50% chances of winning.
So there is not because of 1vs1 players complain, but actually because of multiplayer games where often low ranked players that play bad and ruins other players games.
I will give u a good example:
You are playing an 8 people classic escalating game.Next cash is 15 troops. Yellow has 2 territs in Oz, blue 1 with 5 troops and green also 1 with 10 troops, but outside Oz, green only have 2 regions.
Now you are yellow, and im absolutelly sure that you will cash your 15 troops and take Oz for the bonus.
What will happen next?

Cheers ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby waltero on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 am

@Armandolas, you are in error: QUOTE ''But saying it does not involve any strat is absolutely nonsense''

I believe I said Very litle Strategy.

My point with Bob and High rank players...If you go against the odds (Bob) the high rank players frown upon you.
If you look at my ratings few (less than few) high rank players give me bad rating.

Lookimng at my few games and my Stats I would say I fair well at anystyle?
I have played Many a game of risk. I know I am as good as the rest and better than the best!

No matter good or bad, Risk is not a true War game. It is a game of dice.
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 am

No such thing as a ''BAD'' Player when it comes to Risk!

Unlucky players, Yes.
Last edited by waltero on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cook waltero

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 am

waltero wrote:No such thing as a ''BAD'' Player when it comes to Risk!

Of course there is. For an extreme example, someone who attacks with all their regions at 3v3 for the first around is not a good player, assuming they do it regularly as some kind of strategy.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby waltero on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:49 pm

True dat...A game can be won using that strategy.
Bad at risk good at playing the dice. Children like this game because they can suck at it and still come out ahead. Thinking that they are not that bad of a player at all.
A guy who consistantly attacks at a 1 to 2 odds and wins every now and then...would think he OK player.
Having fun is the name of the Game. Only the players who get pissed off while playing risk are the ''bad'' players!

Pissed off because a silly player can Kick their Arse!!!
Cook waltero

Postby Lord_Bremen on Sun May 12, 2013 8:36 pm

I wish we could put point minimums on games. I have to wade through 1-2 suiciders a game, it's really annoying. I'd estimate half my losses are from them.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Jippd on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 am

Lord_Bremen wrote:I wish we could put point minimums on games. I have to wade through 1-2 suiciders a game, it's really annoying. I'd estimate half my losses are from them.

Try joining games in the 2000+ or 1800+ section in the callouts forum. You will generally find higher caliber players that know how to play games better than just open games.
Major Jippd

Postby corrupteddrake on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:40 pm

I can think of a number of reasons why a player would attack you like that, none of them assuming that they are bad.

If there are three players left, a strong player, you, and a weak player, the weak player may be convinced by himself or the strong player that he will lose no matter what happens and that getting second is better than getting third. So, he will attack you and leave the strong player alone hoping that the strong player will attack the bigger threat first, namely you, and leave him for last.

The way to stop this from happening is to make the weak player believe that it is possible for him to win the entire game if only he would attack the strong player.

Another reason is that a player may believe that you have broken an alliance with him in the past and that if they make one with you now you will backstab them. Therefore, they should attack you to teach you that if you threaten them this way they will try to weaken you as much a possible before they get kicked out of the game.

The way to stop this is to not break alliances without either totally destroying them or to not break any alliances without good cause.

A third reason I can see why this would happen is if the weaker play thinks that he could win the game if only he had a little more territory to do so. He has only two choices on where to get this territory the strongest player on the map or you. Of course, he would attack you. He thinks that you are the weaker player and less like to be able to strike back at him.

The way to stop this is to strike back at him with everything you have saying that if he attacks you, you will totally destroy him no matter what.

These are just a few of the best reasons why someone would attack you like that and how to counter them.
New Recruit corrupteddrake

Postby Lord_Bremen on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:26 am

Jippd wrote:Try joining games in the 2000+ or 1800+ section in the callouts forum. You will generally find higher caliber players that know how to play games better than just open games.

If they would do non-escalating (escalating is even more luck-based than wading through noobs, one retard with cards gets killed and game ends), I would.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby Lord_Bremen on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:28 am

corrupteddrake wrote:If there are three players left, a strong player, you, and a weak player, the weak player may be convinced by himself or the strong player that he will lose no matter what happens and that getting second is better than getting third. So, he will attack you and leave the strong player alone hoping that the strong player will attack the bigger threat first, namely you, and leave him for last.

There is absolutely zero benefit to coming in second. So doing this would actually indicate a clear lack of skill.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby KawawangCowboy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:55 am

Judging by my recent experience, assassin games are a bad place for new players like me.

Now I admit, I got assassinated, so I can't defend the way I played too much.

However otherwise it wasn't a very welcoming experience. Green called me out for turtling before the 2nd turn ended (I wasn't planning on it!) A few turns later everyone starts congratulating blue (who had taken a big part of the map and was well on his way to taking out green) and then because I expanded too much too quickly (newb move on my part, sure), Red sweeps in and kills me off.

I got lessons to learn from there, but they tell me to stay out until I know better. Not very enjoyable from the start anyway so I'm not eager to join another.
Private 1st Class KawawangCowboy

Postby AyeTrain on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience: assassin games are hard to grasp at first. Gameplay is a lot different from the other types, because gaining power and territory is much less important (because it becomes important to protect everyone but your target). And, you might've had some less-than-patient players.

Don't let it stop you...experience is the best teacher. Look around in this forum: there's surely some threads discussing Assassin strategy.
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby Colemanus on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:21 pm

waltero wrote:True dat...A game can be won using that strategy.
Bad at risk good at playing the dice. Children like this game because they can suck at it and still come out ahead. Thinking that they are not that bad of a player at all.
A guy who consistantly attacks at a 1 to 2 odds and wins every now and then...would think he OK player.
Having fun is the name of the Game. Only the players who get pissed off while playing risk are the ''bad'' players!

Pissed off because a silly player can Kick their Arse!!!

This is why I have fun. Dont mind being called the grand newbie
Cook Colemanus

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion