Conquer Club

[GP] Change FLAT RATE bonuses

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Change FLAT RATE bonuses.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:11 am

ahunda wrote:As we all know, CC is derived from a popular board game, and the cash rules for Flat Rate are taken 1:1 from the rules of this board game. Changing the cash values would certainly upset all Flat Rate fans, who have been playing the board game for a long time, before coming to CC.
Whilst the standard setting in the original rules of the board game in the USA was Escalating (with Flat Rate being introduced in later versions as an alternative option), in Europe the standard always was Flat Rate. So especially the Europeans are used to the 10,8,6,4 rule as it is.
Now I donĀ“t mind much, since I rarely (almost never) play Flat Rate, but I think changing the cash values is a really bad idea, for the mentioned reasons. Maybe suggest an additional / new Game Type with different cash values. Then again ... I really donĀ“t care ...

But the Flat Rate on Conquer Club ISN'T the 10-8-6-4 rule that you refer to here. In fact, that's what I've been saying...it would make far more sense for Conquer Club to mirror the board game in that regard, as it would INCREASE the strategy involved in that format and DECREASE the luck factor.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Koganosi on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:32 am

The flat rate cards are good now as they are. They have just been taken of the normal risk settings. You got the same chances as ur opponents, so what u lose a game by it. Things happens man dont cry. If you dont like it dont play it. It is perfect as it is now.

Urs

Koganosi.
Major Koganosi

Postby Gillipig on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:51 am

Why not keep everything as it is and add a variant of flat rated cards? Like someone said all single coloured set worth 8 and mixed 10. In that way we would have greater possibility to chose whatever we like! :P
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby ahunda on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 am

Woodruff wrote:But the Flat Rate on Conquer Club ISN'T the 10-8-6-4 rule that you refer to here. In fact, that's what I've been saying...it would make far more sense for Conquer Club to mirror the board game in that regard, as it would INCREASE the strategy involved in that format and DECREASE the luck factor.

The Flat Rate cash values @ CC are exactly as in the board game. At least the European version of said board game.
Field Marshal ahunda

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:57 am

There was a suggestion (ages ago) for a fixed rate game: all sets are worth the same amount. That eliminates even more luck than your suggestion. Better yet, don't play with cards at all. Luck factor eliminated.

lancehoch wrote:What I would suggest is (if there is to be a change) actually changing the values to mixed = 4 and red/green/blue = 10.

I play the board game similarly, but keep the 6/8/10 for infantry/cavalry/artillery. Mixed is worth the least, because it's the easiest to get. Sometimes there's a variant: depending on which territories you hold, you get up to three +2 bonuses for a mixed set, up to two for infantry, just one for cavalry, and none for artillery.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby AndrewB on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:01 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:
e_i_pi wrote:The chances of having a mixed is the same as the chances of having a coloured set you know

No it isn't. You're more likely to hit a mixed set.

There was a suggestion (ages ago) for a fixed rate game: all sets are worth the same amount. That eliminates even more luck than your suggestion. Better yet, don't play with cards at all. Luck factor eliminated.

Or don't play with dice. That way the luck will be eliminated altogether.

Wait, hold on. We still need to resolve bad drops.... :P
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Timminz on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 pm

AndrewB wrote:
BaldAdonis wrote:don't play with cards at all. Luck factor eliminated.

It's called chess.

I sure could go for an 8 player game of chess.
Captain Timminz

Postby azezzo on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 pm

leave flat rate alone, whats next you want to fix the wheel? the problem isnt the game, the problem is with the o.p.
Captain azezzo

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Timminz wrote:It's called chess.

Probably get killed before you even take a turn. That board's only got 32 starting positions.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Timminz on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:51 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:
Timminz wrote:It's called chess.

Probably get killed before you even take a turn. That board's only got 32 starting positions.

It would have to be played freestyle RT. Otherwise it would just be silly.
Captain Timminz

Postby Woodruff on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Timminz wrote:
AndrewB wrote:
BaldAdonis wrote:don't play with cards at all. Luck factor eliminated.

It's called chess.

Actually, it's called Diplomacy. A glorious game, there.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Timminz wrote:It would have to be played freestyle RT. Otherwise it would just be silly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung-fu_chess
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:44 pm

I don't like the idea of changing the card values to be honest. It would just confuse people.

When you have 3 red cards you may be able to elminate your team-mate (in extreme situations) and pick up green and a blue spoils...
My point being : there is some amount of strategy in having spoils like these, even if it is resisting the urge to cash as soon as possible.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Simreth on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:03 pm

lancehoch wrote:
e_i_pi wrote:
Joodoo wrote:
e_i_pi wrote:The chances of having a mixed is the same as the chances of having a coloured set you know

then we should make all of the sets worth 10 armies / 8 armies

That's what I mean.

RRR: 6 armies
GGG: 6 armies
BBB: 6 armies
RGB: 10 armies

is exactly the same as

RRR: 10 armies
GGG: 6 armies
BBB: 6 armies
RGB: 6 armies

statistically

pi, that is not true.
Subject: 10 army sets... are these common to turn in repeatedly?

lancehoch wrote:To answer the question from the thread title, actually mixed sets are more common than any single instance of a single colored set:
3 cards: 27 possibilities- 1/27 red, 1/27 green, 1/27 blue, 6/27 mixed, 18/27 no set
4 cards: 81 possibilities- 9/81 red, 9/81 green, 9/81 blue, 36/81 mixed, 18/81 no set
5 cards (note you can have a mixed set and a plain color set, I am counting these as mixed): 243 possibilities- 31/243 red, 31/243 green, 31/243 blue, 150/243 mixed, 0/243 no set

in percentages (mixed only):
3 cards: 22.22%
4 cards: 44.44%
5 cards: 61.73%

So to answer your question, yes it is very common to get a mixed set.

More in depth analysis for the 5 card situations:
only red: 31/243
only green: 31/243
only blue: 31/243
only mixed: 90/243
red and mixed: 20/243
green and mixed: 20/243
blue and mixed: 20/243

totals:
red: 51/243
green: 51/243
blue: 51/243
mixed: 150/243

What I would suggest is (if there is to be a change) actually changing the values to mixed = 4 and red/green/blue = 10.

Given the probabilities I would agree that there should be a game type to compensate for this. Possibly a true flat rate, 6 or 8 or 10 whatever, but all sets given equal compensation.

However relatively speaking the cumulative probability of turning in all of one color, red is = green is = blue.

With 5 cards, that is to say P(RRR, GGG, BBB) = 153/243 or about 63% vs. any combination of P(RGB) at about = 62%
At 4 cards, P(RRR, GGG, BBB) = 33% vs any combination of P(RGB) = 44%
At only 3 cards P(RRR, GGG, BBB) = 11% vs. any combination of P(RGB) = 22%

If we were going to be "Fair" about compensation for cards we would have to figure out a percentage based measurement which would be separate for each number of cards such as:
With 5 cards compensation for RRR, GGG, BBB = RGB since percentages are relatively the same.
With 4 cards possibly one extra troop.
With 3 cards perhaps a set of RRR, GGG, BBB should be 2xRGB that of RGB or maybe two additional troops since the likelihood is half.

The problem is figuring out how large a percentage advantage is needed for each additional troop. It all seems fairly extreme, it would be much easier to just make another variation of game with a true flat and equal rate for any card set.
Sergeant Simreth

Postby Fazeem on Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 pm

bump for arguments sake.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby agentcom on Mon May 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Fazeem wrote:bump for arguments sake.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830

OP EDITED.
Brigadier agentcom