Conquer Club

Flat Rate Cards

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Flat Rate Cards

Postby blankityblank on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:48 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer some advice with regards to cards.

I would love to play a game where the cards truly are flat rate - ie where a set, no matter the colours of the cards, were worth a certain arbitrary value. As it stands the cards in a flat rate game add a huge extra element of chance. I like having the dice for that and don't think the cards need to add more of that chance factor in.

Is there no way of having a game type where cards had no colours and were worth an arbitrary amount per 3,4 or 5 cards. This would mean there would still be tactics to be used around how and when to deploy them (I am assuming here the more cards you have the longer you hold onto them and therefore would be worth more) but would eliminate the luck element of getting a mixed set as opposed to a red set.

This is particularly of importance in low number troop games, such as 1 v 1 on small maps where if someone chances a mixed set in 3 cards it can double their army count and end the game.

Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class blankityblank

Re: Flat Rate Cards

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 am

I think 'true flat rate' has been posted in the suggestions section before, to no avail so far. Although a bonus amount increasing by holding 3, 4 and then 5 spoils as you're suggesting is slightly different, but still cool. And not available as an option.

I'm sure you know what the card options available to you are already. No spoils eliminates that element of chance you outlined. And the other types force different strategies upon you.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

I HATE flat rate, even when I win. That option for "true" flat rate would be nice though, I'd be game for that. But yeah, just stick to no spoils/esc until they come up with it is my advice unless you like ramping up the level of chance in your games.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Fazeem on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:55 pm

interesting this should be in the suggestions area though right?
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby owenshooter on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:56 pm

in before the move...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 pm

True flat rate is no spoils.

think about.....argue with me....see my point....thanks
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Fazeem on Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 pm

bump for arguments sake. and hopefully to get merged into thread in suggestions currently.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189830
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Begbie on Thu May 02, 2013 11:52 pm

owenshooter wrote:in before the move...-el Jesus negro

Resurrection?
'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows' Robert Zimmerman
Major Begbie

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 am

jsnyder748 wrote:True flat rate is no spoils.

It's close but you've still got the element of gaining a card with true flat rate to add spice to the game.

EDIT: That being said, it's actually more like regular flat rate because in true flat rate the dice will become more key in the turn per turn basis, taking the place of the luck factor of regular flat rate cards.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby betiko on Fri May 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:

It's close but you've still got the element of gaining a card with true flat rate to add spice to the game.

EDIT: That being said, it's actually more like regular flat rate because in true flat rate the dice will become more key in the turn per turn basis, taking the place of the luck factor of regular flat rate cards.

You still get spoils when you kill an opponent as an incentive, you still need to take your spoil instead of just dropping not attacking like you can do in no spoils, so no true flat rate is not like no spoils.
Major betiko

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 pm

betiko wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

You still get spoils when you kill an opponent as an incentive, you still need to take your spoil instead of just dropping not attacking like you can do in no spoils, so no true flat rate is not like no spoils.

That's what I was saying, the bolded parts show this. Seems like you didn't even process what I wrote, further proof that you just like to disagree with me. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Return to Conquer Club Discussion